Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,766 comments
I think there are some PC2-models around. Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.8 must be from PC2 at least. And Porsche 961? LTK's group C Nissans?

But I agree, we need THE Datsun from PC2.

The LTK's...Maybe. The 961 I'd say no. If PC2 models are now possible, we could finally get the 1998 R390 GT1 model.

Anyone knows if this Volvo PV544 ever made it into AC ?
If so, a link would be great...

volvo_pv544.jpg

@alperen141 When enabling the default skin (not the brought F1 skin from your package) the wall looks normal grey without sponsors so it must be related to that skin at least.
yes you're right... but we talked about it back then and decided to make that way. that DHL is connected to start/finish line wall if i'm remember correctly. so if we remove one the another one goes away too... same as the 2 color aramco pit floor thing.

Last edited:
Anyone else also have huge fps drops while driving Terra 21's Long Beach? It happens to be my favorite version of the track but, man, I can't even see where I'm going sometimes haha.

yes you're right... but we talked about it back then and decided to make that way. that DHL is connected to start/finish line wall if i'm remember correctly. so if we remove one the another one goes away too... same as the 2 color aramco pit floor thing.

Uhm, i still didn't try the track, only read your posts here, but.... If i read correctly, the problem is that two objects are sharing the same material?
Why you didn't create a different material for each one (to resize each one correctly)?

Ema
Uhm, i still didn't try the track, only read your posts here, but.... If i read correctly, the problem is that two objects are sharing the same material?
Why you didn't create a different material for each one (to resize each one correctly)?

Or just spare the DHL ads. Problem solved.

Delete this dds file from the DHL skin:

upload_2021-1-12_23-14-20.png

Last edited:
Anyone else also have huge fps drops while driving Terra 21's Long Beach? It happens to be my favorite version of the track but, man, I can't even see where I'm going sometimes haha.

Unfortunately, that version, which is the best looking, is poorly optimized, if at all. There's a lot of extra geometry and other things that could be removed or optimized better. I hope @Jimlloyd and the Reboot Team could release a version, that would look even better, and perform well.

That is cool, the trees loook great now. but with your rocky grass config these is how it looks. If i delete the original grassfx lines i get no grass at all...View attachment 984334
Yeah, maybe the dust/dirst/sand immediately next to the track need darkening? The grass is taking its colour from that.

I changed ksAmbient for terrain_01 from 0.6 to 0.4 to darken the hills slightly, they were very pale with my settings at 0.6

I know man :( ... Blackcelica tried everything to smooth that out. But It's one of the sacrifices we need to make in order to make the rest a little bit better.

Looks like the uv mapping on that mesh needs a simple re-adjustment

Last edited:
Ema
i'm not the author of the mod, guys... i'm sharing it under his permission due to language issues. i'll pass your suggestions to him.

btw the solution you suggest, is that worked? if it is can you share it with me so i can repack it again properly. also i don't about how to edit ext_config, rainfx, grassfx files... i can edit UI stuff and maybe map stuff (basit things actually)...

Ema
that what we've talked with enver (author) and blackcelica (skinmaker) before... but the model is an export, not from scratch build... he couldn't figure it out yet but he's trying. as far as skin-wise the acu version has an advantage about that pont, the textures are more divided for easier edit. but on their version the track is not as close as the current one. so... it's a pros-cons thing basically... we decided to go that path

but if you can, feel free to improve it. just tell us what did you do, so we can properly edit & repack. i can oly do that much on my free time sadly. happy to, but currently not capable of that much

Or just spare the DHL ads. Problem solved.

Delete this dds file from the DHL skin:

View attachment 984361
can you post an SS? maybe it'll look better that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
that what we've talked with enver (author) and blackcelca (skinmaker) before... but the model is an export, not from scratch build... he couldn't figure it out yet but he's trying. as far as skin-wise the acu version has an advantage about that pont, the textures are more divided for easier edit. but on their version the track is not as close as the current one. so... it's a pros-cons thing basically... we decided to go that path

but if you can, feel free to improve it. just tell us what did you do, so we can properly edit & repack. i can oly do that much on my free time sadly. happy to, but currently not capable of that much

I open the track with 3dsimed and that material ist_wall_01 is only on that object (the wall at the runoff on turn1).
And, seeing some onboard of 2020 GP, that wall is still grey, l'ike in the original ACU version, so you have only to erase from the skin folder the ist_wall_a_01_d.dds file, as @Fall Guy suggest.
In the 2020 real track, some DHL banners are on the right side tyrewall (in ACU track is all blue) but i don't think i'ts a big issue, we already see the DHL logo so many times in that track :D

upload_2021-1-12_23-40-18.png

Last edited:
Ema
I open the track with 3dsimed and that material ist_wall_01 is only on that object (the wall at the runoff on turn1).
And, seeing some onboard of 2020 GP, that wall is still grey, l'ike in the original ACU version, so you have only to erase from the skin folder the ist_wall_a_01_d.dds file, as @Fall Guy suggest.
In the 2020 real track, some DHL banners are on the right side tyrewall (in ACU track is all blue) but i don't think i'ts a big issue, we already see the DHL logo so many times in that track :D

View attachment 984365
"ist_wall_a_01_d.dds" will be removed - CHECK

any other issue that you guys encountered?

Cams for Tor Poznani Track.
Doesn´t overwrite existing cams.
Have Fun.
Thanks for your great work

Do you think you can do cameras replay for these awesome tracks please:
- Hakone Nanamagari
- maple_valley_fm7
- sost_myogi
- mtn_saudi_streets
- suncity
- Bernese Alps
- Col de Turini
- glencoe
- hako_night_lights

+1 to this, Pessio's Minis and Abarths (Abarths are on his site as 'Scorpion') make one of the most fun, well made car sets you're ever going to find in game IMO. AD3R's Honda S800 is perfectly balanced with them too.

His Capri RS3100 coming soon looks equally superb quality.
Speaking of Pessio's Group 2 Cars, how well do they play with the likes of Trained Monkey Modding's Skoda 130RS?

I'm getting this unusual graphical glitch with the CM Loading screen when running certain cars. Basically the top 1/4 of the preview image is blocked off by this strange black bar, and this has happened both with Kunos and Mod tracks. Has anyone else had this issue?
Untitled.png

Well done GTplanet..... another guy doing what the thread suggests leaves....

I get that AC modder is being polite now, but his opening post was very confrontational.

He uses a ripped model, which someone else then uses but makes better physics, and the GTplanet mod police get involved.

AC modder did not create the model, he ripped it.

Jandrovi please stick around, your stuff is fantastic.

The irony of all this is that, after about 10 seconds, NOBODY EVEN REMEMBERS WHO MADE WHAT MOD. They just drive it if it's good and trash it if it's bad... then we move on to the next car or track. And: *NEWSLASH*: Nobody is memorialised forever in the 'sim racing hall of fame'. Nor do they suddenly become more popular and rich and famous and praised by angels. Life just goes on the same as it ever did.

I've spent my whole working life directly involved with 'content creation', both in music and television. As the years rolled past, I came to realise that every project I thought was the 'most important thing ever', wasn't. It was just another thing in a list of things. Like a wave, it would appear for a moment and then disappear again. Nobody ever read the credits and in the end, nobody gave a toss who made it, or wrote it, or researched it. And it never changed the world either.

And that's OK.

With over 7 bilion people on the planet, I reckon one of my own life's major 'lessons learned' is that we ALL need to get used to the idea of not being any more 'special' than anyone else. And also that, if you do/make something good, just let it go out and 'be good' at whatever it does.

With the stuff I 'made', I got to the point where I was satisfied if it gave somebody some pleasure, or knowledge, or a warm fuzzy feeling, or woke them up to something new.

That's where the most honest, simplest and greatest reward is anyway, because experience has taught me first-hand that even if someone reads your name on a 'credit' today, they won't remember it or care about it for long anyway! :P

Last edited:
The same thing happens to me. It is the most demanding track of all the ones I have. I think it's a known issue on this track

The irony of all this is that, after about 10 seconds, NOBODY EVEN REMEMBERS WHO MADE WHAT MOD. They just drive it if it's good and trash it if it's bad... then we move on to the next car or track. And: *NEWSLASH*: Nobody is memorialised forever in the 'sim racing hall of fame'. Nor do they suddenly become more popular and rich and famous and praised by angels. Life just goes on the same as it ever did.

I've spent my whole working life directly involved with 'content creation', both in music and television. As the years rolled past, I came to realise that every project I thought was the 'most important thing ever', wasn't. It was just another thing in a list of things. Like a wave, it would appear for a moment and then disappear again. Nobody ever read the credits and in the end, nobody gave a toss who made it, or wrote it, or researched it. And it never changed the world either.

And that's OK.

With over 7 bilion people on the planet, I reckon one of my own life's major 'lessons learned' is that we ALL need to get used to the idea of not being any more 'special' than anyone else. And also that, if you do/make something good, just let it go out and 'be good' at whatever it does.

With the stuff I 'made', I got to the point where I was satisfied if it gave somebody some pleasure, or knowledge, or a warm fuzzy feeling, or woke them up to something new.

That's where the most honest, simplest and greatest reward is anyway, because experience has taught me first-hand that even if someone reads your name on a 'credit' today, they won't remember it or care about it for long anyway! :P

This should probably be framed and put on a wall somewhere.

Last edited:
Can anyone help with this, please

I used to be able to drag the tracks up or down to reorder in the 'rounds' section when putting a championship together but since the latest CM release I cant do this.
Screenshot (455).png

I'm sure I missing something simple but can't find anywhere in the settings - There again I am old (ish)! :confused:

Footnote: it's a PIA doing it manually in the JSON files now I've gotten 'lockdown lazy'

Last edited:

And that's OK.

↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑
We are only at day 12 of January of 2021. Many days to the end of the year.
Even so, for me, this might be the post of the year! Very well said xezez.

Can anyone help with this, please

I used to be able to drag the tracks up or down to reorder in the 'rounds' section when putting a championship together but since the latest CM release I cant do this.

I remember that drag&drop never worked to reorder the rounds.... Are you sure that you used that, before?

Last edited:
@alperen141 this is a little mod for your Istanbul, that adds crowds on the grandstands (camera facing, adjustable or deactivable with Track adjustment on CSP).
Unpack in the track folder.
I'm actually on a good pc and i use it at 60 vsync, so i've no performance issue, but i know that camera facing is a little heavy, so people please test it to see the framerate impact.

Attachments

• istanbul_park.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Ema
I remember that drag&drop never worked to reorder the rounds.... Are you sure that you used that, before?
Yep - That's why I'm missing it - It's not a deal-breaker but it saves resetting the whole order either in CM or the JSON file - Oh well - Thanks for the quick response

Last edited:
Ema
@alperen141 this is a little mod for your Istanbul, that adds crowds on the grandstands (camera facing, adjustable or deactivable with Track adjustment on CSP).
Unpack in the track folder.
I'm actually on a good pc and i use it at 60 vsync, so i've no performance issue, but i know that camera facing is a little heavy, so people please test it to see the framerate impact.
A little heavy...yes :lol:
90 FPS AVG with camera facing crowd vs 140 FPS AVG without...

A little heavy...yes :lol:
90 FPS AVG with camera facing crowd vs 140 FPS AVG without...

LOL
Anyway, can be disabled by CSP (i suppose that if "hide all spectators" is checked, there is no performance impact)...
Maybe, reducing the spectators by editing the camera_facing.ini can improve the FPS

The norma is still out there as a matter of fact i've got 2 variants of the car
Could you lead me to a download link good sir? Or is it a private mod? Ive been searching for it for days not continuously, and have no luck. The pack it's supposed to be in is a dead link

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back