Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,769 comments
Im trying to make a track skin for the first time (The infamous 1977 South African GP at Kyalami) and having an issue.

A wall texture runs along almost the entire length of the track. I added an advertising banner to it, but in some parts of the track the texture is flipped horizontaly so looks bad. I guess this can only be fixed by reassigning textures in the track file itself? No idea how to do that.

LQy6bqE.jpg

Last edited:
oh. xD ... i thougt that if somebody find that they can make it like a snap of a finger... xD

what does it needed to be converted to the fbx? if you can tell me maybe i can do it.

btw, what do you say if can provide to you 2 different beta works of Korfez Circuit for Assetto Corsa?
some Beam stuff is in direct .dae (Colada) format, but I have not had alot of success w/tracks (cars are easier)

keep trying :)

.../...It is also e.g. fence shadow that travels together with you car.../...

+1
That has been bothering me for sooo long. It doesn't happen on all tracks, but several. I also had (lately not so much) a similar thing happen with grassFX. Grass that's been mowed by a giant lawnmower moving along with my car. I was told it was a triple setup thing...
You on triples too ?

+1
That has been bothering me for sooo long. It doesn't happen on all tracks, but several. I also had (lately not so much) a similar thing happen with grassFX. Grass that's been mowed by a giant lawnmower moving along with my car. I was told it was a triple setup thing...
You on triples too ?
49" 32:9 single screen.

I've done the skin liveries, completed the info on each one, and tossed a 1970 Regazzoni Le Mans's driver's skin & gloves.
Made an entirely new skin folder in case you want to go back for some reason.
Edit: Just realized I included my preview pics, keep that in mind! (sorry about that!)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/x3pwa686v123xh8/%28skins%29_legion_ferrari_512m.rar/file

As we talked about here are altered info files for skins #15 - 22 - 142
https://mega.nz/folder/ffYwVTgQ#BDxAoXwvl5kj2VCnXUaxOg

@GzeroD
Would it be possible to add the Camel Filter logos to car #9 please ?
Tia.

56fde591b1da6dbcc3661e1a63d610f1.jpg

Tokyo Bay Reworked 2021
v0.96

- AI ! thanks to KevinK2 the AI wizard!
- tweaks and fixes by shi, leBluem
- Cameras and Hotlap by DaBaeda
- billboard skin by Masscot
- more pits & racing grids
- RainFX
- Special Night Lights
- New Textures and Shaders directly in the KN5
- full CSP config

Screenshot_ks_mclaren_p1_m08_tokyo-bay_15-0-121-22-57-12.png
Screenshot_gt4_toyota_gt86_tokyo-bay_15-0-121-17-23-15.png
Screenshot_ks_mclaren_p1_m08_tokyo-bay_15-0-121-23-0-16.png

:gtpflag: Download:
https://sharemods.com/9q6wyu3lhuhn/m08_tokyo_bay_v095.zip.html

PLEASE DELETE OLD VERSION!

-----------------------------------------

Last edited:
Greetings.

I downloaded the FSO Polonez 2000 Rally from assettoland, and had the silly idea of turning the wheel completely to a side, which made the car to have a fit of violent spasms, for the front wheels became wedged into the car itself'''

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Reduce steering lock in car.ini. At full lock the steering arms are going over centre.

Would it be possible to add the Camel Filter logos to car #9 please....

Well loved car, I'm sure someone better at painting will see you right pretty shorty.

Tokyo Bay Reworked 2021

@KevinK2 You can start fixing the AI line. :cheers:
Then the track is good to go
and i will do another update incl. with your fix, and update this post.
I have spend some hours on it.. not a perfect track, but too small to put in much more effort.
- RainFX
- Special Night Lights
- New Textures and Shaders directly in the KN5
- Additional stuff via CM skin
- CSP config

View attachment 984952View attachment 984951View attachment 984953

:gtpflag: Download: https://we.tl/t-huygqzp7wv
-----------------------------------------

Thanks Mike, I've got four versions of this track now and yours is definitely the most complete.
Would it be possible to get the tunnel lit properly? There are lights in the ceiling but they don't cast any light, so it's very dark in there. It'd look great lit up properly. You've added lights elsewhere so it should be relatively easy?
It'd be nice too if the large yellow/black LED directional arrows were lit up and even animated (see Lago Maggiore) - seems a shame to waste them.
Oh, one other thing, a lot of the white lettering, arrows and other road markings etc on the tarmac have a much darker grey square background - this is supposed to blend in to the rest of the grey of the tarmac. Easy fix?
Thanks again.

Last edited:
Anyone know if there is a skin mod for the 962 of this one? I love it

Obermaier Racing GmbH, Le Mans 1984

View attachment 984289
View attachment 984290
@DavidDGA

Hi ! ;)

Yes, HE's a "beast", one of the most talented skinners and a true one interested in historical paintings.

I remember asked him in PM (with a huge modesty and respect about all the works He shared for us) about a "Camel" which was in a previous version not done by him not really accurate, It done it with a great pleasure and an outstanding kindness. ;)

Cheers ! :cheers:

Screenshot_ks_porsche_962c_longtail_monza_15-0-121-9-15-40.jpg

Wishes come true, Carmar did it again.

Thanks for giving me the idea to write to him !!

https://www.racedepartment.com/down...l-obermaier-racing-boss-no-47_2k-3k-4k.38894/

This is something I think some of you guys might find interest in.

The GR Supra concept - essentially, there's a pretty large interest in that car ever since it was created, showcased but never released. I'm not sure if anyone else has undertaken the project - with the lack of models I doubt anybody has (The GR Sport conversion is a disaster).

WITH THAT BEING SAID, however...

After much searching, I have found a workable Supra GR model by a dev named GM25. It's not the most amazing Supra model available, but it's very workable and editable. Here are a few shots after I loaded it up into blender:

upload_2021-1-15_19-23-29.png

upload_2021-1-15_19-23-46.png

It has a very basic interior and is lacking some details (some grilles, wheels, etc). HOWEVER, what's so good about this model is that it comes with necessary textures that are all labeled and organized accordingly (Glass, light map, etc) . Furthermore, the body itself is clean and parts are named. After inspecting the model, I didn't really find any geometric errors (holes, etc) within the model itself. If I had to judge, it seems very importable.

Now, even though I do some modeling on my own time, I've never developed for AC. I can definitely undertake the project of putting this into the game myself, but I'm sure that it wouldn't come out as well as if someone else who's experienced did it. With that being said, if you are interested in potentially converting this, please reach out to me! I will be willing to send the model. I'm still going to be working on this myself and attempting to eventually get this done as my introductory mod to AC, but if someone is looking to get this into the game quicker and better than what I can do, please do let me know! Thank you all.

I did the same but I also got the chassis numbers of the cars @gergerger digged around on racing sports cars to get the cars

View attachment 984756

and also @Caddy_DPi the livery was revealed for the chip Ganassi :P
it's just the debut livery but with what (I'm surprised no one made the debut skin yet)
ErtSuumWMAEwTMZ.jpg

ErtY1T0XYAALBJh

Yeah I was a bit unmotivated because how the livery turned out - was expecting something more than something tad different to the MEP JDC Miller's one tbh.

Funfact: I created the debut livery first and used it as a template for the rest of the Caddies.

I've suddenly noticed a slightly darker shadow across the track, maybe 10m or so in front of the car, and it travels with the car. I'm guessing it might be to do with CSP Smart Shadows settings, as it disappears when Smart Shadows is deselected. My settings are at default, I think.

Anyone know for sure what might be causing this, how to get rid of it, and how to interpret what these settings actually do? Many thanks.
View attachment 984897

I had the exact same thing with CSP 1.71... to 'fix' that dark shadow line that follows you in front, I changed the following values...

Distances for interior: 5.2, 160, 1280
Distances for exterior: 48, 320, 1600

...and it seemed to 'fix' that shadowed line as it then renders shadows at further distance in front of you.

Regardless, I didnt like CSP 1.71 due to this issue and the shadows being blocky and constant flicker no matter what settings i tried to use or disable (the shadows look/feel horrible), so I rolled back to 1.68.

On a side note, I run SOL 1.6 still too.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back