Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,797 comments
I don't know if CM allows to do this, but if you open the car in the kunos editor, od in 3DsimED, you can set the object to cast shadows there.

Thanks for that - almost sorted - do windows need to be set to cast shadows as it looks like they are to blame for the holes now![/QUOTE]

The Trained Monkeys have released their version of the Renault Clio Cup X98. (Most recent version was by AC Cars Reworked, acknowledged in the credits.)

Renault Clio Cup X98 – Trained Monkey Modding (tm-modding.eu)

Screenshot_tmm_clio_cup_x98_doningtonpark2018_1-11-120-21-50-36.jpg

There's also a new EVO 3 of the Skoda Fabia R5 rally car.

I like what they are doing but it external audio of car sound more like a TCR car than Clio cup car that only criticism for this mod

Last edited:
Screenshot_rss_formula_1990_oulton_park_17-0-121-10-20-47.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_1990_oulton_park_17-0-121-10-12-55.jpg

any ideas what could be causing the unusual tyre texture effects going on here? funny enough when I reverse the replay they disappear but return when playing forward.

Last edited:
Intercity Istanbul Park v1.8.6 REPACK

Intercity Istanbul Park v1.8.6 REPACK (GP & Intermediate) - 166.1 MB

Original Authors: Enver Bozkaya, SimRacersTR (SRTR), AssettoCorsaUnderground (ACU), OSRW, Assetto Corsa Reboot Team (AC-RT)

Special Thanks to: TibuszHun, Ale_Calabro, Ema, Safi Hellie, DaBaeda, Blackcelica, Masscot, Carricudizilla

*Keep the main folder (istanbul_park) but replace (delete inside and put the new ones in) everything in it.
**Same base model from ACU & OSRW versions but tweaked for 2020. Still needs some updates but it's the most up-to-date one on web.
***For making it better, you can post what you've done and I can check & repack for cleaner file. Be aware of by the way, In online sessions use "1.8.6 Repack" Tag for joining the right server. Otherwise you might get kicked from that particular session.

- SOL & CM Compatible
- Latest recommended CSP or above is recommended.
- GrassFX & RainFX Ready
- New Skins (F1, Track Day, TPS, Old & New Grass)
- New UI Information
- New Loading Screens
- New ext_config (Adapted from ACU's version)
- New vao-patch (Adapted from ACU's version)
- New Lightsources & Enviromental Upgrades (Imported from ACU's version)

GP CIRCUIT:
- 2 DRS Zones
- New AI & Map

INTERMEDIATE CIRCUIT:
- 2 DRS Zones
- New AI & Map
- New road objects etc.

Known Issues & Needed to fix or make (from the community)
- INT. CIRCUIT: No AI
- INT. CIRCUIT: No Kerbs between T7 - T10 (Turns are named as the GP layout's numbers for less confusion)
- INT. CIRCUIT: There's a missing grass texture related void on T10 exit.
- INT. CIRCUIT: T7 - T10 connection part's road is too bumpy. We can't find a solution.
- INT. CIRCUIT: .ini files in the "2/data" & cameras needs to updated or checked by experts. (I don't know are those OK or not.)
- GP CIRCUIT: DRS Zone Line on the road at start/finish straight is missing.
- GP CIRCUIT: (Maybe) some audio tweaks for more realism.

Thanks to the communities of:
SimRacersTR (SRTR)
RaceDepartment
GTPlanet
Assetto Corsa Underground (ACU)
OSRW Mods
Assetto Corsa Reboot Team (AC-RT)

Intercity Istanbul Park v1.8.6 Repack HOTFIX - 3.9 MB (Missing new cameras & New fast_lane ai for Intermediate & Ema's feedback)

Hi all,
I have the Charade_spc2018 track but its looking a bit dated has there been any FX love shown on this track?
I found an old post on Race Department that chuky500 was working on a laser scanned version but there hasn't been any news since 2017 and there's only a very prealpha version there.
Many Thanks

Rain FX Asia tour:

https://mega.nz/file/zoxx3SIS#ndWgN1YD8IdC-a8gMzfq-mispaXjziPI-J9G8qXLYeY

So I kind of went a little nuclear on the stream edges/points, especially at Macau, but I was interested in seeing what is possible. However, I think this kind of work is going to give me carpal tunnel syndrome, so I'm not sure if I'll do anymore, lol. You won't see 99% of it anyway until you get out of the car and have a look around.

Included are:
autopolis_katsuo (added on to the config that @shi and @CrisT86 put together, original is also included if you hate it).
india (Buddh International Circuit)
korea
macau
(using textures by ClimaxF1 at RD),
yongin (Everland, which I posted previously).
ddm_gts_tsukuba (added streams and more material from beeemo's config posted on Discord)
acf_tokyo246
china_2019_fab
(streams and more materials added to config by @shi)

I created extension folders for the track folders, so it doesn't mess with other configs.

I'm thinking about uploading this pack to RD, so any feedback would be great. Adding all the streams did cost a few fps, but only a couple in the few tests that I did. YMMV.

Enjoy

Last edited:
Hi all,
I have the Charade_spc2018 track but its looking a bit dated has there been any FX love shown on this track?
I found an old post on Race Department that chuky500 was working on a laser scanned version but there hasn't been any news since 2017 and there's only a very prealpha version there.
Many Thanks
leBluem created an extension file for this Charade. Can be found in the configs-library in the AC Custom Shaders discord.
https://discord.gg/h8ZPnhA7

AI and Rain FX for T78 Hockenheim:

https://mega.nz/file/m8pHDaJL#iqKvndo0wdIOAhE_FU6ZGNbp6KquH9t1iIWre1h-030
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-rain-fx-for-t78-hockenheimring-multi-layout.38966/

Although I prefer VheETh's new version, it gave me the itch to look at ai I did a while back for the T78 version. I didn't like what I saw, so I reworked all four layouts- it's now more aggressive and a bit faster than before. Also created some rain fx for it, to dress it up.

Edit: oops, couple more things before I forget-

AI for Spa 92
https://mega.nz/file/jl4FGI5T#WeYihMWAPbu8bgIOjJDOG8Sn4iX5zNBJTflN_X_BUuo

Need to retest this, it's been a while

AA Atlanta side lines and pit fix:
https://mega.nz/file/u0xTySqb#Lz60l1ovomh1EChxQ8SpxifkZ2LchavRP7vK1sOP_Ls

@macko68 originally had issues with this track, but I've not been able to repeat his findings. I went ahead and redid the pit lane, so cars wouldn't rejoin in the middle of the straight. I never got to the bottom of the problem he was having, so any input would be appreciated. Quick and dirty vao included.

Have fun.

Last edited:
@KevinK2 can you help our thing too man? The bumpiness of the road (on intermediate layout's T7-T10 connection part), how can it be fixed?

And I think there's a DRS Zone location issue also.

Last edited:
hi to all! i just wanna say thank you very much to Gzero for the beautiful ferrari 512m! i hope that he can convert the long tail version (aka

"coda lunga"). However i wanna share a extension.ini file who was "stolen" from this:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/porsche-917lh-lm24h-1971-21-8k-4k-2k.35975/

whit this, you can see a beautiful reflections on the body of the car.

All credits goes to PR0JECTNR56. i just change the name on the "carmaterial".

remeber change the extension from "txt" to "ini" and put the file in each skin

folder.

thanks Gzero and projectnr56!

Attachments

• ext_config.txt
    600 bytes · Views: 52
Last edited:
St. Petersburg 2003 v1.0
converted from rfactor2.
st_petersburg_2003_01.jpg

- CSP required
  • 30 pit/start
  • 7 replay cam
  • cm skin
  • GrassFX, RainFX
  • Smoothed the road surface

Credits & Thanks:
・Zero-G for his scratch build
・Neel Jani for GTR1 version
・IDT Simulations, the author of the rfactor2 version and gave me permission
@shi (shin956), Track convert
@racealot, light config, replay cam, tarmac skin, loading screenshot
@KevinK2, AI
@ckkjw398, replay cam

v1.0 changelog;
I reworked the trees
The road surface mesh was subdivided into different kn5
I adjusted the shader
Adjusted ext_config
VAO has been renewed
As the balloon moves

Last edited:
For anybody who downloaded the DRF Liga's most excellent 2019 DTM car set (Aston Martin, Mercedes, BMW, Audi. Lexus, Honda and Nissan) and was distressed, as I was, that the setup values related to camber and tire temps were totally out of whack, will be pleased to hear that they--the DRF Liga boffins--have attempted a fix which seems to work (altho it requires suspiciously conservative negative values), here:

https://mega.nz/file/fyBBwSqT#MxRTgtla3bc5I-E-8cOJLIHPGt9Ma37QVpHg8g4HvYc

I posted my setup for the Aston Martin (it's a spec series, so the same values should work for all the other cars) over on RD:

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/2019-aston-martin-dtm-old-spanish-trail.196651/
Thank you. Did anyone try and make a skin for the Aston that looks good with AO etc. it just seems so dull.

You can't move the actual "dash cam" in that feature. Driver cam etc. but the only moveable setting on that seems to be fov. Very frustrating.

Not by driver position, but u can edit the dashcam.
step a: go into content manager - settings - assetto corsa - apps - check "enable developer apps"

step b: go on track - open your tool bar - look for the cathegory "ac developer apps" - click on "camera editor"

step c: click on "F1-6" - SET (bottom left) - adjust the cams as u want them to - when finished, click "SAVE CAMERAS"

DONE. :)

Attachments

• !.png
    !.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 2.png
    2.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 3.png
    3.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Thanks OooAhh Cantona fair bit of stuff going on in Discord I got the ini file.
The ini file for Charade covers the lighting but the old style 3d grass is there and old style bushes. I had a play around with Track Config Builder but my PC skills aren't up to it. One for the experts. :)

I'm trying to accomplish automatic gearbox behaviour. I'm doing this by scaling down the values for the Koenigsegg Regera, only car I know of with an auto transmission (ish).
First test so far has been on the Nissan Patrol 5door. The SUV kept it's top speed/acceleration values, as well as it's horsepower and torque figures. Result can be perfected, but so far it's nice and the AI has no issues either. Values changed (in drivetrain and power) don't resemble any coherent value: it's a necessary "wrong".
I created a sequential config setting on my H-pattern, using "up" and "down" paddles as 3rd and 4th gear. I just move the stick up and down. So the car has SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=0.
I'm sharing the data folder, as I'm not sure I can upload a rtm mod:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/s7ro7uy2jtlg46o/rtm_nissan_patrol_5door.rar/file
Needless to say, back up your data folder first!

I'm trying to accomplish automatic gearbox behaviour. I'm doing this by scaling down the values for the Koenigsegg Regera, only car I know of with an auto transmission (ish).
First test so far has been on the Nissan Patrol 5door. The SUV kept it's top speed/acceleration values, as well as it's horsepower and torque figures. Result can be perfected, but so far it's nice and the AI has no issues either. Values changed (in drivetrain and power) don't resemble any coherent value: it's a necessary "wrong".
I created a sequential config setting on my H-pattern, using "up" and "down" paddles as 3rd and 4th gear. I just move the stick up and down. So the car has SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=0.
I'm sharing the data folder, as I'm not sure I can upload a rtm mod:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/s7ro7uy2jtlg46o/rtm_nissan_patrol_5door.rar/file
Needless to say, back up your data folder first!

Great idea. And it did work with no problems. Just the car is horrible to drive - but that was a problem from the start. Who would tune an 2,5 ton offroad car to 800 hp without changing the suspension?!

There is another nice mod for a "one-gear" car out there: Assettoland has a new Tesla Roadster mod (the one with the Lotus chassis):

upload_2021-1-17_9-10-12.png

https://mega.nz/file/ocdCEZwQ#v8SYaRy3m-VIA3y_3vSniwnH1X8S-5DBfeJ_XDhVA9c

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back