Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,791 comments
Carrickatuke Raceway

Hey all!

I'm working on a WIP of a track I thought I could share. Please bear in mind this is like, a V0.001 release.

It's a fantasy track that I made up located next to where I live, in a "what if we won the lottery" kind of situation.

I would've posted it on Racedepartment or something but I know that they'd give it bad ratings because it's not finished. I've tried my hand at trying to do everything though at least, followed tutorials etc but I just can't get it to work. I know GTPlanet is good people so I'm offering it up on here.

Bad points:
I can't get the replay cameras to work and AI for some reason decide at the finish line to veer off to the left which is very annoying, I would really appreciate it if anyone can fix that for me. :)
Walls have no collisions.
Track map doesn't seem to scale properly.

The track is a lot of fun to drive and can catch you off guard in a few places.
It's not perfect but I'm working on improving it everyday. :D

AI does "work" if you only want to do a single lap race. Up to 2 opponents... There's reasons for only two but I'll leave that to the backstory of the full release. Track really is only for hotlapping until the AI gets fixed.

This is my first track.

Download:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au2Zd3bO82ou1DeIGwyyWx7rrSlc?e=B9mBmm

Cheers!
Tomo

This is a good start, and I agree about moving the start/finish, not for just the AI, but to match traditional track design.

I ran a couple of laps in a Caterham, and on the second lap, while well within the limits of the track, the car hit an invisible barrier or obstruction. It was so sudden, it gave me quite a jolt. I think it's about 2/3 - 3/4 through the lap.

OK people ,some free car s to share with you all .:cheers:

2.Secund link who didnt download yet is Bentley Continental Gt3 Acc, converted car v.0.35

https://www.mediafire.com/file/mxzn...86a8B883ArNe9WBZRtJktx8vhz3x6msW1-01gIoyuRqNA

Happy Driving !Big Z

I suggest removing the first link because it is (or was) a "paid" mod, and it isn't available now because it was allegedly ripped from iRacing. Sharing paid mods isn't permitted here, the primary reason being that some of these "modders" are very aggressive, and they often attempt to shut down any site, group, or Youtube channel that shares their mods--even if they ripped them from somewhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bmw 2021 gt3 is a mod that has been stolen as far i know and this is still active link where it can be downloaded .But if is not aloved ,it s deleted .The Bmw m4 gt3 will be available in the URD page , as they announced very quickly.Thank you for announcement and i hope it dosent cause a problem becouse i respect evryones work and talent .Respectfully Big Z!

Last edited:
This is a good start, and I agree about moving the start/finish, not for just the AI, but to match traditional track design.

I ran a couple of laps in a Caterham, and on the second lap, while well within the limits of the track, the car hit an invisible barrier or obstruction. It was so sudden, it gave me quite a jolt. I think it's about 2/3 - 3/4 through the lap.

@tomo 427 S/C I was attempting to make new side lines and ran into more obstructions on the right side of the track. Using AI Line Helper https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ai-line-helper.137572/page-13#post-3254337, I found invisible obstructions at the POT (point on track) of .296, .301, .788, and .987. I think I lost a few fillings along the way :). You will need to use AI Line Helper to eventually make new side lines because they are currently very messy. It might be best to save AI, side lines, and cameras until the end after all other problems are eradicated. Good luck. I like what you've done so far.

Last edited:
That’s actually an interesting legal/philosophical question there. Since Simdreams deleted their BMW M4 GT3 mod and it’s no longer available to buy, does that technically make it abandonware? And if so, does that mean it’s fair game to post links to it and mess around with it on GTPlanet now that it is no longer a payed mod?

I mean it’s probably best not to post links to it due to the attention the mod has gotten from official organizations. Even if we aren’t selling it it’s probably best to avoid the controversy altogether

Last edited:
That’s actually an interesting legal/philosophical question there. Since Simdreams deleted their BMW M4 GT3 mod and it’s no longer available to buy, does that technically make it abandonware? And if so, does that mean it’s fair game to post links to it and mess around with it on GTPlanet now that it is no longer a payed mod?

I mean it’s probably best not to post links to it due to the attention the mod has gotten from official organizations. Even if we aren’t selling it it’s probably best to avoid the controversy altogether
Abandonware isn't legal, it's just unlikely that anyone would take you to court for sharing it.

"The simple answer is no, abandonware is not legal. Even if the creator abandons a copyrighted work, it does not become public property automatically. The copyright on the work exists until the copyright expires, the duration of which varies from country to country. Typically, the copyright on a video game will last at least 70 years, and up to 125 years. (Source: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/what-is-abandonware-and-is-it-legal/)"

In this particular case, Sim Dream would have no leg to stand on, since they stole the model from iRacing, but in theory iRacing could claim copyright on the model.

If any VR users of the Geely BinYue GSC Racing Concept are put off by the high-floating digits on the dashboard, replace [ITEM_0] to [ITEM_5] in data/digital_instruments.ini with the following.
It'll seat the digits onto the face of the display and move them down a tad for better alignment.

Code:
[ITEM_0]
PARENT=display_a
POSITION=-0.09,-0.102,0.025
TYPE=GEAR
SIZE=0.04
COLOR=55,55,55,255  
INTENSITY=15
FONT=led_audi
ALIGN=CENTER
[ITEM_1]
PARENT=display_a
POSITION=0.03,-0.018,0.025
TYPE=RPM
SIZE=0.025
COLOR=55,55,55,255  
INTENSITY=15
VERSION=2
FONT=led_audi
ALIGN=LEFT
[ITEM_2]
PARENT=display_a
POSITION=0.005,-0.045,0.025
TYPE=SPEED
SIZE=0.020
COLOR=55,55,55,255  
INTENSITY=15
VERSION=2
FONT=led_audi
ALIGN=RIGHT
UNITS=KMH
[ITEM_3]
PARENT=display_a
POSITION=0.005,-0.069,0.025
TYPE=FUEL
SIZE=0.020
COLOR=55,55,55,255  
POSTFIX=
INTENSITY=15
VERSION=2
FONT=led_audi
ALIGN=RIGHT
[ITEM_4]
PARENT=display_a
POSITION=0.005,-0.095,0.025
TYPE=WATER_TEMP
SIZE=0.020
COLOR=55,55,55,255  
INTENSITY=15
VERSION=2
FONT=led_audi
ALIGN=RIGHT
[ITEM_5]
PARENT=display_a
POSITION=-0.015,-0.058,0.025
TYPE=LAPTIME
SIZE=0.015
COLOR=55,55,55,255
DECIMALS=2
VERSION=2
INTENSITY=15
FONT=led_audi
ALIGN=LEFT
Thanks for this, I'm going through all my old content now that I have VR and damn some of this stuff is pretty bad, the URD and Legion GT1 cars in particular have terrible dashboards from what I've been able to test so its nice to know I might have a shot at fixing some of them.

Abandonware isn't legal, it's just unlikely that anyone would take you to court for sharing it.

"The simple answer is no, abandonware is not legal. Even if the creator abandons a copyrighted work, it does not become public property automatically. The copyright on the work exists until the copyright expires, the duration of which varies from country to country. Typically, the copyright on a video game will last at least 70 years, and up to 125 years. (Source: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/what-is-abandonware-and-is-it-legal/)"

In this particular case, Sim Dream would have no leg to stand on, since they stole the model from iRacing, but in theory iRacing could claim copyright on the model.

Simdream has the responsibility if it comes to anything legal. But unless there is a court order of cease and desist, this mod is fair game to play with. Since its been taken down off simdream's website already, it would be consider job done by the corp.

Simdream has the responsibility if it comes to anything legal. But unless there is a court order of cease and desist, this mod is fair game to play with. Since its been taken down off simdream's website already, it would be consider job done by the corp.

Sorry, but that's simply not true at all. The owner of any 'intellectual property' legally retains ownership no matter where it ends up, or how it ends up there... unless a licence fee is paid and a contract is signed assigning rights to the licencee.

And if you 'inherit' what is legally considered stolen property (even by purchasing it), you still can't legally blame the person who gave it to you either.

"Officer, when I saw the thief dropped the stolen goods, I picked them up because I though it was OK for me to take them."

That wouldn't fly in court for even a second.

Last edited:
Sorry, but that's simply not true at all. The owner of any 'intellectual property' legally retains ownership no matter where it ends up, or how it ends up there... unless a licence fee is paid and a contract is signed assigning rights to the licencee.

And if you 'inherit' what is legally considered stolen property (even by purchasing it), you still can't legally blame the person who gave it to you either.

"Officer, when I saw the thief dropped the stolen goods, I picked them up because I though it was OK for me to take them."

That wouldn't fly in court for even a second.

it really depends on where the jurisdiction is and where the file is hosted.

it really depends on where the jurisdiction is and where the file is hosted.

I have had to deal with copyright clearance issues in my work for about 35 years, and once again, that's not true.

EDIT: To be more precise, there are some territories that do not recognise copyright on various forms of intellectual property, but that only means copyright cannot be enforced within those territories (and only because their legal system will not hear the case).

If the intellectual property itself travels beyond the borders of those territories, the copyright can once again be enforced... no matter where it's hosted.

Last edited:
Carrickatuke Raceway
I can't get the replay cameras to work and AI for some reason decide at the finish line to veer off to the left which is very annoying, I would really appreciate it if anyone can fix that for me. :)

To further this, looking at your map you also have the start/finish line in a fairly technical section of the track. I'm not sure how best to describe it, but Assetto Corsa AI becomes unresponsive for a brief period each time they cross the start/finish line. It's not noticeable on 99% of tracks because the line is almost always placed on a straight, but on the handful of circuits where the line is in a braking area or on a corner, it causes no end of issues in having a stable/fast AI line.

This issue was present on the chicane layout of the Fiorano test track, as the start/finish line was in the middle of the braking zone for the chicane. Despite collaboration with several of the GTP AI gurus, to my knowledge we never solved it satisfactorily, the AI was either painfully slow or constantly out-braking themselves in faster cars.

If after you've followed dathyr's advice above, you're still having issues then I'd move the start/finish line to between turns 8 and 9, or any other of the straight sections and that'll probably solve it.

I actually found a way around this when I was building Carolina Motorsports Park and I have a theory as to why it happens. The start/finish line is at the end of a long straight, kind of close to the first corner on that track so when I was recording my AI, I would be starting from a dead stop and pushing hard to get up to speed, like a normal start but this corner would be treated differently on any lap but the first lap, right? Because the start/finish line is in the braking zone. When the AI should be braking, they're pushing hard and going way wide because when I recorded the AI lap I had to push hard in that particular spot.

Here's what I did to fix it. I moved the start/finish to a point on the track right in the middle of the longest straight. I recorded my AI lap. I then moved the start/finish line back to where it belongs. This fixed the AI for me. On lap 1 they push like normal, but on lap 2 they treated it properly. It didn't seem to mess anything else up either. Might be worth a try.

Last edited:
I actually found a way around this when I was building Carolina Motorsports Park and I have a theory as to why it happens. The start/finish line is at the end of a long straight, kind of close to the first corner on that track so when I was recording my AI, I would be starting from a dead stop and pushing hard to get up to speed, like a normal start but this corner would be treated differently on any lap but the first lap, right? Because the start/finish line is in the braking zone. When the AI should be braking, they're pushing hard and going way wide because when I recorded the AI lap I had to push hard in that particular spot.

Here's what I did to fix it. I moved the start/finish to a point on the track right in the middle of the longest straight. I recorded my AI lap. I then moved the start/finish line back to where it belongs. This fixed the AI for me. On lap 1 they push like normal, but on lap 2 they treated it properly. It didn't seem to mess anything else up either. Might be worth a try.

Not quite that but And this. The AI can't see past the end of the AI line, so they have no Idea the first corner is there until they cross over the line and then it is far too late.
Two ways I've fixed it, move the line back far enough that all types of car wouldn't need to be on the brakes until after passing it.
Or use the AI_Hints file to slow the cars before crossing the line, though this really needs only one type of car to use the track as different cars may need a different amount of slowing down.
For the first example see my version of Charlotte(the Roval layout), and for the second see my version of Knoxville.

Edit: re read what you said and I haven't tried that but will give it a go if it comes up again.

Last edited:
Sorry if it has been asked before, but search didn't return any results.

During the weekend I've decided to pay some attention to the wonderful V8Scorsa's . Been having a lot of fun hotlaping, until I set up a quick race of 4 laps in Melbourne. Suddenly at lap 3 of 4 all AI's came to PIT for no apparent reason. Unpacked data and found out that there is an ai_tyres.ini which has some rules regarding the tyre compounds and max laps. Renamed this file and data.acd in order not to be taken into consideration, tried again and still the AI pits on lap 3 of 4. Fuel consumption is set to 1x. The same happens for all AI strengths from 90%-100%

Is there anything I can do or change in order to stop this AI behavior?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Thank you, but there's no williams folder in the download :)

sorry, i was wrong, tonight i add williams

Hi mate! Didn't have time to try it yet, but I noticed this: colliders size are normally a few kb. Your BMW Sauber's collider is 450+ mb, which is what makes the download so heavy (apart from being a possible mistake). Cheers!

I'll check this evening

I am looking for the scottish highlands version with no ads, no banners, no caravans, no NOTHING. I know it is out there somewhere. I tried the assettoland version, all it does is swap one lot of ugly ads for another lot of ugly ads, anyone know which version I am talking about? I think it was called "nature" or "natural" or something liek that, search on here brings up nada.

I think I have the one you are looking for and it was created by "AD"... ks_ad_scottish_highlands... Not sure where I got it from, but the track is labeled "Scottish Highlands."

"Scottish Highlands" is from here: https://www.assettodrive.net/other

Sorry if it has been asked before, but search didn't return any results.

During the weekend I've decided to pay some attention to the wonderful V8Scorsa's . Been having a lot of fun hotlaping, until I set up a quick race of 4 laps in Melbourne. Suddenly at lap 3 of 4 all AI's came to PIT for no apparent reason. Unpacked data and found out that there is an ai_tyres.ini which has some rules regarding the tyre compounds and max laps. Renamed the file data.acd in order not to be taken into consideration, tried again and still the AI pits on lap 3 of 4. Fuel consumption is set to 1x. The same happens for all AI strengths from 90%-100%

Is there anything I can do or change in order to stop this AI behavior?

Thanks for the help.

You need to let the AI have a training before the race since they need to check their fuel consumption. Try the race to be set as a race weekend, do training, qualy and then the race. Should work.

Thanks for the answer. If I want to have just quick fun race, if a set fuel consumption to 0 should do the trick or do I have always to set a race weekend?

Last edited:
Nope, unfortunately this has no effect. You need to do a race weekend in certain cases (ran a few races with various cars where I have not faced these issues as you described though). Trial and error.

Updated my 2021 WeatherTech Racing RSR paint (for ACF RSR-19), has the proper stickers from the Roar testing. The windshield decal isn't great, but it's the best I can do for now until some high res pics start coming in. I'm planning on making a small pack of 2021 Daytona 24 hour paints for other cars, most likely will post them on RD though.

Download here, enjoy.

7RBAMey.jpeg
Please make skins for the Dpi cars by GTPlanet Modding Team, every skin in RD is for the low quality rollovers car.

the rollovers cars do well, but overall driving experience which is what counts go for the GTP versions.

Id disagree, id say the GTP versions are alot better. They are effectively upgraded versions of the rollovers cars, better physics etc.
There are things aesthetically
I agree, Rollovers just copy the data from several kunos cars, the suspension is from LMP1 and the engine is from GT3,.

Nope, unfortunately this has no effect. You need to do a race weekend in certain cases (ran a few races with various cars where I have not faced these issues as you described though). Trial and error.

But this happens only to V8SCorsa cars. I will change fuel_cons.ini to something crazy (let's say I 'll make them hybrid city cars) and will test again.

Still I don't get it why this happens only to V8 supercars

But this happens only to V8SCorsa cars. I will change fuel_cons.ini to something crazy (let's say I 'll make them hybrid city cars) and will test again.

Still I don't get it why this happens only to V8 supercars
what he meant was that the ai need to do practice sessions to work out their fuel and tyre consumption, unfortunately thats just how the ai work in ac.

I looked at the dtm 91 pack by tommy78 mainly because i'm attracted by the foxbody mustang and the omega evo 500.

is it any good? does it make a good early 90s grid filler?

I looked at the dtm 91 pack by tommy78 mainly because i'm attracted by the foxbody mustang and the omega evo 500.

is it any good? does it make a good early 90s grid filler?
They're good cars yes, but they use their own custom tyre sets meaning they don't play perfectly with the vanilla kunos DTM content.

work done by me and I am not a professional but I am more than satisfied, now it is more enjoyable and drives better
rework F1 2008 simdream mod

View attachment 987025 View attachment 987026 View attachment 987027

improvements to the physics of the mod:
Sounds
Tyres
Aero
Collider
Engine
Gears
Cams
Elettronics & Led
UI & Preview

required original mod
just overwrite file in assettocorsa\content\cars
make sure the folders have these names
f1_2008_bmw_sauber
f1_2008_ferrari
f1_2008_forceindia
f1_2008_honda
f1_2008_mclaren
f1_2008_redbull
f1_2008_renault
f1_2008_superaguri
f1_2008_tororosso
f1_2008_toyota
f1_2008_williams

download https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f1-2008-mod-updated-for-simdream-mod-f1-2008.39170/
enjoy
Have you done, or will you be doing physics updates for S*mD***m's other packs?

Hey guys, i've fixed and improved the Pukekohe Park conversion by @neil shaw

The question is, should i upload here the full updated track (with relatives thanks to @DaBaeda for the cams & grid fix) and for the billboard fixed by i forgot who did it, or only the files i changed?

Because it required a lot of work, included the editing of 3 KN5.

It would be amazing if someone would be able to make a proper physical mesh for the track

Changelog:

- v1.0 Base track conversion by Neil Shaw

- v1.1 Update by CrisT86
- New scratchmade EXT_CONFIG which includes RainFX, GrassFX, LightsFX
- Fixed KN5 (some fences misses the double faces)
- Fixed KN5 (modified some materials and object names in order to work properly with the new EXT_CONFIG)
- New VAO Patches
- Backgrounds images
- New UI

View attachment 983745 View attachment 983746 View attachment 983747 View attachment 983748 View attachment 983749 View attachment 983750 View attachment 983751 View attachment 983752

I never received a no (or a yes by @neil shaw) so, hoping that's not a problem for him, in order to fill the requests i had received in private, here's the updated track.

DELETE the previuos version you have on your HDD.

All the credits goes to Neil Shaw, then also to @DaBaeda for the replay cams.

https://sharemods.com/92vddal23bfa/...d___updated_by_CrisT86_for_AC_1.16.4.zip.html

Hi mate! Didn't have time to try it yet, but I noticed this: colliders size are normally a few kb. Your BMW Sauber's collider is 450+ mb, which is what makes the download so heavy (apart from being a possible mistake). Cheers!
I just unpacked the BMW collider. It's 4Kb

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back