Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,751 comments
Now this is funny.
I went to the CMShowroom to add some wiper movements (not is this case), after the job, exit from there.
Now I went there for some painting and all the cars are like this. Tried a few.

Which keyboard key or where did I click inside showroom to get this?
How can I revert it please?

h3x5.png

Thank you

Now this is funny.
I went to the CMShowroom to add some wiper movements (not is this case), after the job, exit from there.

Thank you

did you check here?
upload_2021-1-25_15-52-51.png

instead of "Combined", it should be "Solid":
upload_2021-1-25_15-53-29.png

It's a nice car, but even the pic included shows the non working pop up headlights
Without lights they are half opened and that doesn't change when headlights are on.
Also shadows under the car/tires don't look correct.
I'm not on FB, so if someone could report ?
(I would be very surprised it's like that IRL)

View attachment 987149

Ha ha. You're obviously not 'down with the kids' Fanapryde! :P It's a car modding look called 'sleepy eyes' and it's totally intentional.

Hi guys! Please forgive my ignorance but I ask for your advice for this.
Is it possible and safe to change the location of all the AC content? My SSD is full and my secondary drive, an HDD, has problems that I could´t fix yet. Had to disconnect it because it was always with a 100% occupancy and it stressed all the PC.
I have a 1TB external HDD with USB 4.0 connection ready to be filled :)
Is it possible to "move" AC to that EXTERNAL HDD without uninstalling and reinstalling? That would be a nightmare because (you all must know) I´ve lost the count to the content I have with all the apps, pp filters, etc. etc....
Waiting for your kind help :)

Lots of videos of youtube can show you how to do this step by step.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=move+steam+games

Last edited by a moderator:
Circuit Ricardo Tormo v1.2
Unknown / Fixed by Assetto-fr.tk
https://sharemods.com/i45t3mbr1ng9/valenciart.7z.html
preview.png

Update VAO
Fixed Uncounted pit stop
Fixed Wall pit

PS: no problem found for the hotlap

After i publish here on GTP in march 2020 my conversion of Valencia Ricardo Tormo (from RF2, authorized by Dadigga) i was away from here and from simracing for some months due to my job and i miss this post.... I found out casually on a discord channel.
First of all, the author of this conversion is not unknown because it's me :D
Anyway, i plan to release in the next days a final version, only adding some people on the grandstands, so @__EASY__ i would add your fixes (and add to credits file). What was the problem with pit wall?
And, about "uncounted pit stop" you edit only the ui file? (now i'm not on my pc so i can't check and compare the files)

Last edited:
Ema
After i publish here on GTP in march 2020 my conversion of Valencia Ricardo Tormo (from RF2, authorized by Dadigga) i was away from here and from simracing for some months due to my job and i miss this post.... I found out casually on a discord channel.
First of all, the author of this conversion is not unknown because it's me :D
Anyway, i plan to release in the next days a final version, only adding some people on the grandstands, so @__EASY__ i would add your fixes (and add to credits file). What was the problem with pit wall?
And, about "uncounted pit stop" you edit only the ui file? (now i'm not on my pc so i can't check and compare the files)

I can't speak for @__EASY__ on the other stuff but for uncounted pit stop it meant that laps weren't counted if you crossed the line in the pit lane. The objects that you lay down for start/finish need to also stretch across the pit lane since laps can be finished/started in the pits too. It's something you do in the model, not in the UI file.

Last edited:
Now this is funny.

h3x5.png

Thank you

w

With Australian motorsport getting underway for the year at Symmons Plains I updated the GrassFX for Symmons Plains, and made a fairly crude S5000.

The car is based on the adaptation above (Based on the RSS3), and with an engine swap from the Ford GT40 GT1 Matech from Assettoland (detuned by ~20%). The updated files are here (for the next 14 days!): http://www.mediafire.com/file/4ldq3j8yny1i71w/dallara_sf19_S5000.7z/file
Extract to your cars folder and copy the rest of the files across from the mod above (don't overwrite anything!).

The GrassFX file is attached to this post - delete .txt, then drop the extension folder in the symmons_plains track folder.

The car may have a little too much grip - seems to be a little quicker than the actual laptimes being set, but close enough to have some fun!

Attachments

• extension.7z.txt
    703 bytes · Views: 54
Last edited:
From Fecebook...

Brennan Guernsey
Assetto Corsa Mod Central

JaustlSfnuasucuSmpry i2ol3ilS nait 2s:gro4d1 drrifPeMd ·

Guernb2's K-Swapped '90 Miata V1.1!
I took some feedback from my initial release of this mod and have completely reworked the physics for much improved handling feel and rear end grip. I made several other changes and fixes, including:
-Reworked spring and damper rates based on common 8k front 6k rear spring setups, with wheel rate properly calculated and re-tuned damping
-Fixed an issue with incorrect wheel radius and body offset causing suspension geometry and floating wheel issues.
-Reworked tire models to be more realistic (big nerf from original upload)
-Reworked torque curve
-Reworked default tune
-Reworked setup / tuning parameters.
Modifications:
  • Honda K24 w/ K20A VTEC Heads
  • Tuned with 5800 RPM VTEC Engagement and 8600 RPM Redline
  • NB2 6 speed transmission swap.
  • Four Interchangeable Diff ratios.
  • Upgraded Brakes W/ Adjustable Bias and Force
  • Adjustable Coilovers (With Adjustable Slow and Fast Bump / Rebound)
  • Adjustable ARBs
  • Equip 01 Wheels
  • Nardi Steering Wheel
Credits:
Base 3d model used for rework - INFTY / KOALA's MX-5 (based on Kunos model)
Sounds: Tiago Silva's EK9 Turbo Civic (without the turbo)
4K Templates body and wheels: Touge Workshop
Hardtop: - Forza 4
Engine / Transmission: Guernb2
Physics / Chassis Tuning: Guernb2
Tire Models: Guernb2
! IF SHARED PLEASE USE LINKS PROVIDED AND ALL CREDITS !
Any issues found please report directly to me.
Thanks For Checking It Out & Enjoy...
Download Link: https://drive.google.com/.../1Ur.../view...

142000160_10224307622028421_8296604994955612779_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's an interesting problem. Has anyone ever seen this error before? Happens when you try to start a drag race. I've seen a bunch of posts on Racedepartment of people complaining about this but nobody has ever posted a solution.

AC\inireader.cpp (251): INIReader::getFloat
AC\racemanager.cpp (433): RaceManager::initOffline
AC\racemanager.cpp (174): RaceManager::loadSessions
AC\sim.cpp (320): Sim::Sim
AC\splashscreen.cpp (319): SplashScreen:: postRender
AC\game.cpp (181): Game:: onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

Last edited:
re: GTR3

I dont normally speculate, but if GTR3 is going to be a reality lets deduce some things from what we know, where the market lays nichewise and gleanings from random internets (Discord). Be aware we have at least 1 dev here on GTP :)

- GTR3 assumptions of what it isn't going to be
We already have a hardcore GT3/Blancpain in ACC
We have ample GT coverage in RRE, however very sparse cohesive top tier series.
Open-wheel

- GTR3 assumptions of what it is likely to be
Well, its in the name isnt it.
GTR3 dev team is tied to S3 studios, who have a few tidbits not being fully realized
Random screenshots in Discord are leaning heavily on modern prototypes and a few Group 5+ vintage cars, with a spattering of SGT

What can we deduce? Maybe...

WEC seems highly likely
LM24 ? (modern / vintage)
DPI?
DRM / Vintage Gr5/7
SGT ?

lets hope that even just one of these makes the light of day (and darkness of night racing)

Last edited:
Jim Lloyd - I loved Mont Tremblant since it was one of my first ever mod tracks, back on Grand Prix 2, and never saw it on anything else so it was just a memory. The Reboot version is absolutely amazing. I highly recommend everyone tries it in high downforce cars (especially the F2004), for the full hairy experience. I think the first corner complex is my favourite on any track, and absolutely white knuckle flat out in the right car. Extra layouts too! Thanks so so much. :gtpflag:

Hey guys, what GTE/GTLM cars do you guys fancy, except those from Rollovers?
As a GTE Pro fanboy I'm currently using:
- Aston Martin Vantage AMR GTE: URD EGT AMR w/ ACFAN's sound
- BMW M8 GTE: URD Bayro EGT w/ ACFAN's sound
- Corvette C7.R (2nd gen with updated aero kit etc): ACFSK (basically the Rollovers' but slightly better visual?) w/ ACFAN's sound
- Ferrari 488 GTE EVO: MasterKey's old Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO model w/ GTE physic from zerobandwidth on RaceDepartment + ACFAN's sound
- Ford GT: URD Detroit EGT w/ ACFAN's sound
- Porsche 911.2 RSR: URD's update for Kunos' RSR

Older-gen GTE are all covered by either Kunos themselves or URD in their old EGT pack.
For the Corvette and the Ferrari I had to make some not-so-ideal choices but it does work for me at least.

Last edited:
As a GTE Pro fanboy I'm currently using:
- Aston Martin Vantage AMR GTE: URD EGT AMR w/ ACFAN's sound
- BMW M8 GTE: URD Bayro EGT w/ ACFAN's sound
- Corvette C7.R (2nd gen with updated aero kit etc): ACFSK (basically the Rollovers' but slightly better visual?) w/ ACFAN's sound
- Ferrari 488 GTE EVO: MasterKey's old Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO model w/ GTE physic from zerobandwidth on RaceDepartment + ACFAN's sound
- Ford GT: URD Detroit EGT w/ ACFAN's sound
- Porsche 911.2 RSR: URD's update for Kunos' RSR

Older-gen GTE are all covered by either Kunos themselves or URD in their old EGT pack.
For the Corvette and the Ferrari I had to make some not-so-ideal choices but it does work for me at least.
How to get the GTE physic from zerobandwidth work in the 488 GT3 EVO?

re: GTR3

I dont normally speculate, but if GTR3 is going to be a reality lets deduce some things from what we know, where the market lays nichewise and gleanings from random internets (Discord). Be aware we have at least 1 dev here on GTP :)

- GTR3 assumptions of what it isn't going to be
We already have a hardcore GT3/Blancpain in ACC
We have ample GT coverage in RRE, however very sparse cohesive top tier series.
Open-wheel

- GTR3 assumptions of what it is likely to be
Well, its in the name isnt it.
GTR3 dev team is tied to S3 studios, who have a few tidbits not being fully realized
Random screenshots in Discord are leaning heavily on modern prototypes and a few Group 5+ vintage cars, with a spattering of SGT

What can we deduce? Maybe...

WEC seems highly likely
LM24 ? (modern / vintage)
DPI?
DRM / Vintage Gr5/7
SGT ?

lets hope that even just one of these makes the light of day (and darkness of night racing)
This isn't the thread for it.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/simbin-studios-confirms-gtr-3-scheduled-for-2018.353385/

Yeah, you're right. I was more thinking about using the AI line as the ideal line in that scenario where your pedal inputs actually do have an impact and was getting that mixed up with the AI actually using the line as more than just a path. I think this issue is more like @GzeroD said where the AI can't see beyond the 99.9999999 - 0.000000 transition point in the AI spline. I never thought of it like that.

I discovered the moving the start/finish line back to the original spot after recording AI thing by complete accident too. I had a couple different kn5s of my track in the folder as I was troubleshooting this issue and accidentally activated the one with the start/finish line back at the original spot. That's when I had the eureka moment that the 0.0000 point in the AI spline doesn't have to line up with the start/finish line.

Take a bow sir, your discovery gave me a eureka moment and I've now confirmed that it can solve one of the significant problems with Assetto AI. That being that on point to point courses, the AI always brake at the end of the course and try to stop on the finish line, presumably because as @GzeroD theorises, they can't see anything past that point. Well I've tested it using the Mountain Route, applying the full course AI line to one of the point to point layouts and the AI no longer treat the finish line as a stopping target.

So basically, if you have a point to point course where you want to have AI, all you need to do is move the finish line a few hundred metres back, re-record the AI line and then revert the finish line to its original position. Job done, fully working AI for point to point routes.

Man is the collider messed up on that RS7
also shame that it has no interior AO it would have looked better.....
View attachment 987332

The car is also the wrong shape and size...

Should be 5.01m long, 2.14m wide (with mirrors) and 1.42m high.
By comparison the BMW M4 is 4.69m long, 2.01m wide and 1.38m high.

Yet here is the correctly scaled Kunos M4 next to the RS7 mod...

143486898_10104133022658258_7359560307163099039_o.jpg

It seems to be have been squashed and shortened. See the Audi S7 by RTM if you want the correct sized model as that seems to be fine.

With Australian motorsport getting underway for the year at Symmons Plains I updated the GrassFX for Symmons Plains, and made a fairly crude S5000.

The car is based on the adaptation above (Based on the RSS3), and with an engine swap from the Ford GT40 GT1 Matech from Assettoland (detuned by ~20%). The updated files are here (for the next 14 days!): http://www.mediafire.com/file/4ldq3j8yny1i71w/dallara_sf19_S5000.7z/file
Extract to your cars folder and copy the rest of the files across from the mod above (don't overwrite anything!).

The GrassFX file is attached to this post - delete .txt, then drop the extension folder in the symmons_plains track folder.

The car may have a little too much grip - seems to be a little quicker than the actual laptimes being set, but close enough to have some fun!

There's a S5000 mod in current alpha/beta creation by AssettoMods, so just be patient should hopefully be worth the wait.

Although saying that, his previous first time releases normally need a second update to fix them sooooo ‍♂️

There's a S5000 mod in current alpha/beta creation by AssettoMods, so just be patient should hopefully be worth the wait.

Although saying that, his previous first time releases normally need a second update to fix them sooooo ‍♂️

Yeah and it's gonna be hidden away behind his Patreon, like all the cars he promised would be released to the public a month or two after their VIP release and yet none of them are out.
5-10$ month for mods that aren't even that good is a bit steep. There's always something that needs fixing, how convenient !

Last edited:
The car is also the wrong shape and size...

Should be 5.01m long, 2.14m wide (with mirrors) and 1.42m high.
By comparison the BMW M4 is 4.69m long, 2.01m wide and 1.38m high.

Yet here is the correctly scaled Kunos M4 next to the RS7 mod...

143486898_10104133022658258_7359560307163099039_o.jpg

It seems to be have been squashed and shortened. See the Audi S7 by RTM if you want the correct sized model as that seems to be fine.

That could explain all the ovalised circles in the cockpit then.
Big job I guess to unstretch/unsquash it?

A question at everyone: Is it possible to swap the engines of AC´s LMP1 cars?(f.e. swap the TS040 engine with that of the AE86)? Could i please get help?

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back