Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,018 comments
sorry anyone has the rain config for splendid hockenheim_2001?
Here you go if this is the track you're talking about
EDIT: Hockenheim 2001 already has RainFX
https://www.mediafire.com/file/yv53iipiq4vv2mv/ac_hockenheim_2001_v09.rar/file
hockenheimring1988_rainfx track bg.jpg

Basic RainFX config for hockenheimring1988 circuit by (Team Schwarzbierbude.de - derDumeklemmer)

This is once again very basic and can be improved upon I'm sure. Especially in additional streaming edge/point zones as I don't go overboard with the streaming edges

Anyway, I hope it's of use

Hockenheimring 1988
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/hockenheimring-1988.5143/

There is no existing config file in the extension/config/tracks/loaded folder so you need to create an extension folder

Follow instructions here for adding an extension folder
1. Create extension folder.png 2. and 7. Create ext_config.ini.png 3. save as ini file.png 4. and 5. Paste RainFx text to ext_config.ini.png

See screenshots for visual help
If you want to move/copy the track config from the loaded tracks folder you can;
1. Create and extension folder (all lowercase) in the track folder
2. Place or create an ext_config.ini file using Notepad or similar text editor
3. To create a save as *.ini file you need to switch the files from *.txt to *.* all files
4. Copy the rain FX text for your track and paste at the end of the existing or newly created ext_config.ini
5. Sometimes there will be other KN5 files that need to be in the extension folder for track lights etc.
6. Copy these from the yourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded folder and paste in the tracks extesion folder
7. To stop AC from getting confused. You can add the following to the beginning of the ext_config.ini file for each track;
Please Note from time to time configs in the tracks/loaded folder get updated so you may prefer to just have the rainfx ext_config in the track extension folder if you are not worried about a self-contained track or don't remember to check the track config on a regular basis

[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1

My Racedepartment Rainfx tracks

https://www.racedepartment.com/down...rainfx-config-files-for-various-tracks.38503/

Hope that helps
Cozy61
Jan 2021

Attachments

• hockenheimring1988_rainfx.txt
    697 bytes · Views: 36
  • create an extension folder in track.txt
    922 bytes · Views: 25
Last edited:
I think he´s referring to Hockenheim 2001...

View attachment 987560
Basic RainFX config for hockenheimring1988 circuit by (Team Schwarzbierbude.de - derDumeklemmer)

This is once again very basic and can be improved upon I'm sure. Especially in additional streaming edge/point zones as I dont go overboard with the streaming edges

Hockenheimring 1988

There is no existing config file in the extension/config/tracks/loaded folder so you need to create an extension folder

View attachment 987562 View attachment 987563 View attachment 987564 View attachment 987565

See screenshots for visual help
If you want to move/copy the track config from the loaded tracks folder you can;
1. Create and extension folder (all lowercase) in the track folder
2. Place or create an ext_config.ini file using Notepad or similar text editor
3. To create a save as *.ini file you need to switch the files from *.txt to *.* all files
4. Copy the rain FX text for your track and paste at the end of the existing or newly created ext_config.ini
5. Sometimes there will be other KN5 files that need to be in the extension folder for track lights etc.
6. Copy these from the yourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded folder and paste in the tracks extesion folder
7. To stop AC from getting confused. Add the following to the beginning of the ext_config.ini file for each track;
[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1

My Racedepartment Rainfx tracks

https://www.racedepartment.com/down...rainfx-config-files-for-various-tracks.38503/

Hope that helps
Cozy61
Jan 2021

I strongly would NOT recommend the sentence "ignore other configs". Why do you recommend this line? I always use an ext_config.ini next to existing .ini files in the corresponding \tracks\loaded folders. If this sentence you put is valid, the .ini is no longer loaded by AC at the start. So in worst case all other values are not loaded like grass, lighting etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 987560

This is once again very basic and can be improved upon I'm sure. Especially in additional streaming edge/point zones as I dont go overboard with the streaming edges

Hockenheimring 1988

Thank you for your work!

I strongly would NOT recommend the sentence "ignore other configs". Why do you recommend this line? I always use an ext_config.ini next to existing .ini files in the corresponding \tracks\loaded folders. If this sentence you put is valid, the .ini is no longer loaded by AC at the start. So in worst case all other values are not loaded like grass, lighting etc.
I use it if I want all the existing extension files from tracks/loaded in the track extension folder to prevent conflicting reads - There seems to be some debate as to whether this line is needed - happy to learn - what do you all believe is the correct way?

Just create the extension file for rainfx as you do but spare this line out. It could co-exist to an existing ini without problems.

Reg. Hockenheim 2001 - this track has been posted in this thread some time ago, the link is still existing:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/yv53iipiq4vv2mv/ac_hockenheim_2001_v09.rar/file
Is this even if I copy the loaded config and add rainfx to the end then place into self-contained track extension folder? - Thanks for helping develop my knowledge

Ilja's Patreon is at over 6k. Do you think CSP will ever be finished? Which is fine to support him because i don't beleive there is any promise of finishing anything specific.

The first bit i was talking about the guy who does the auzzie race cars.

Regards Ilijas patroen i managed to sign up for £1, so hard to miss that each month, if i subscribed for a year its not much money.
So yes, in answer, CSP patroen is a bit different and it makes sense to pay a bit towards it.

I know not long ago we were told that ilija makes no money from patroen or CSP...so yeah,. not sure where he puts it all...
Then again Putin is one of the worlds richest men...but many Russians actually think he just has a 'small' presidential wage....

Last edited:
Ilja's Patreon is at over 6k. Do you think CSP will ever be finished? Which is fine to support him because i don't beleive there is any promise of finishing anything specific.

I don't think CSP will be finished until ether the engine is pushed to the limit or Ilja moves onto to other things, which I feel won't be for a long time given how successful the results are so far and the support he is getting.

I find people like Ilja, Peter Boese (SOL) and Albuzz's Targo Florio are all long term continuous projects which fit the Patreon method well. I feel rewarded contributing what amounts in my case to under £5 per month to these Modder's as they are approaching tasks most others can't or won't tackle and that need a ridiculous amount of working hours to achieve any sort of results in any sort of reasonable timeframe. I feel they should be supported as part of the community as they are some of our most valued individuals in order for Assetto to continue to develop the way it has these past few years... it's exciting from my perspective anyhow :)

Is this even if I copy the loaded config and add rainfx to the end then place into self-contained track extension folder? - Thanks for helping develop my knowledge

Yes, but you have a risky chance to loose the rain fx when it is in the loaded ini when CM does an automatic update. So better put any grassfx or rainfx in a separate extension file and let the rest where it is.

Hey all! I can not thank you enough, seriously. Thanks to your help I've managed to sort the AI - I did in fact have to move the start finish line - the boundaries didn't affect it.

It's now further back next to the pitlane and the AI seems to work now. I've also double checked all collisions and ran about 15 test laps, some on the very left, some on the very right and some in the middle and ran a couple races and had no issues.

Please see the newest version below :)

Thanks!!!

Tomo

Download:

Carrickatuke Raceway Latest Version V0.2

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au2Zd3bO82ou1DqNi1E1nBF5M4D6?e=94pgaa
Nice track, enjoyed it a lot, enough to put a quick RainFX together for it.

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ?Tarmac002?, ?Rumble2?,
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ?Tarmac002?, ?Rumble2?,
ROUGH_MATERIALS = ?Rumble2?,
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = ?TyreBlack?, ?Cement002?, ?Cement003?, ?Barriers?, ?GuardRail Red?, ?GuardRail White?,
LINES_MATERIALS =
STREAM_EDGE_... = 288.7, -19.58, -19.72, 295.38, -19.72, -35.71
STREAM_EDGE_... = 354.59, -22.61, -168.07, 342.88, -22.61, -143.89
STREAM_EDGE_... = -67.71, -1.24, 293.78, -53.38, -1.2, 298.02

Add to the end of the ext_config.ini in the extensions folder.

20210126-230341-Carrickatuke Raceway, Ireland-Alfa Romeo GTAM.jpg

20210126-230154-Carrickatuke Raceway, Ireland-Alfa Romeo GTAM.jpg

Lets face it.... if you have a patreon with people paying 5, 10 whatever a month.... you are incentivized to take your time and release piece meal stages to the mods to keep people subscribed ...

Longer you take, the more money you bring in...

You are far better either getting them from others sites for free.... or waiting till each come out of beta and then subscribing for a few days to download them all then cancelling it...

By paying them you are incentivizing them to take ages and to keep doing little beta each time...

I read something funny on discord earlier, a well known person slagging off the 'customers' on patreon. Would be a Gerald Ratner moment, but it won't be as people just keep lapping it up...
A patroen that makes 4k a month...
Not sure everyone remembers the Ratner moment but great reference 👍
I've been a fairly long term patreon for Ilya - Without CSP, SOL and Content Manager would we even be racing on Assetto Corsa? I look at it as 'paying it forward'.

It costs me more to wolf down a burger (or 3) and all I get to show for it is ...

I'd just buy one less Mod a month if it gets that tight.

Yes, but you have a risky chance to loose the rain fx when it is in the loaded ini when CM does an automatic update. So better put any grassfx or rainfx in a separate extension file and let the rest where it is.
Thank you - Yes, I had thought of that but see your point - Maybe I'll put a caveat if its a self contained track extension and let the individual decide. For info I tend to self contain so that when I move tracks into my backup folder to rest them I don't lose and have to hunt around for all the add-ons again if I reformat my main drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
did you guys know RTM mods are actually legit and not scammers??
just look on their website

asdas.JPG

they give you all cars for free ! the value written to each car is actually what costed them to "create" them.
WoW so kind of them !! you only need to donate them a certain amount (the amount in dollars written on each page ) or else they wont send you the link because you know the are lazy haha

but hey all are free and you can get them !

What a week for south american mods, especially Argentinian series.
First Formula Argentina and now a first iteration of TRV6 has been uploaded to racedepartment.

If only we had someone interested enough on improving STC 2000 mod from ACFL and the ACTC mod from AMS.. we could enjoy south american
racing in all its glory, taking into account that we already have Turismo Nacional cars from Argentina, Stock Car, Copa Marcas, Formula truck, Vintage Fiat and Gol and Porsche Cup from Brazil.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/top-car.39218/

top-car.39218

Last edited:
So if this application is no longer needed since the update of the CSP, how do we reduce the volume of the rain too strong ?,
I can't hear the sound of the engine
I have the CSP 1.70 preview1
I have been looking for 2 days this is going to drive me crazy for this thing :banghead::banghead::banghead::lol::lol::lol:
THANKS
I don't know, found nothing like you :confused:
In CSP > WeatherFx there is a setting: "Audio volume for weather-specific sounds" but it doesn't match anything in the game

Have you tried to reduce the intensity of the rain with WeatherFXdebug?
rain.png

Last edited:
did you guys know RTM mods are actually legit and not scammers??
just look on their website

View attachment 987569

they give you all cars for free ! the value written to each car is actually what costed them to "create" them.
WoW so kind of them !! you only need to donate them a certain amount (the amount in dollars written on each page ) or else they wont send you the link because you know the are lazy haha

but hey all are free and you can get them !

Even though they are all meh....but having them all for one single payment is actually pretty good.

What a week for south american mods, especially Argentinian series.
First Formula Argentina and now a first iteration of TRV6 has been uploaded to racedepartment.

If only we had someone interested enough on improving STC 2000 mod from ACFL and the ACTC mod from AMS.. we could enjoy south american
racing in all its glory, taking into account that we already have Turismo Nacional cars from Argentina, Stock Car, Copa Marcas, Formula truck, Vintage Fiat and Gol and Porsche Cup from Brazil.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/top-car.39218/

top-car.39218

Just a shame they have no lights or animated wipers. Nice cars too.

Even though they are all meh....but having them all for one single payment is actually pretty good.

My post was ironic mate...
They still scam you
So if a car they "made" costs them 50 dollars to "make" like they say. You need to "donate" them 50 dollars for them to send you the link.

This is the difference with simdream.
Here they tell you its donation only and so on making you believe they are good guys.
But in the end they are far more worse than their counterparts

Last edited:
Nice track, enjoyed it a lot, enough to put a quick RainFX together for it.

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ?Tarmac002?, ?Rumble2?,
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ?Tarmac002?, ?Rumble2?,
ROUGH_MATERIALS = ?Rumble2?,
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = ?TyreBlack?, ?Cement002?, ?Cement003?, ?Barriers?, ?GuardRail Red?, ?GuardRail White?,
LINES_MATERIALS =
STREAM_EDGE_... = 288.7, -19.58, -19.72, 295.38, -19.72, -35.71
STREAM_EDGE_... = 354.59, -22.61, -168.07, 342.88, -22.61, -143.89
STREAM_EDGE_... = -67.71, -1.24, 293.78, -53.38, -1.2, 298.02

Add to the end of the ext_config.ini in the extensions folder.

View attachment 987567

View attachment 987568

This is fantastic, thank you so much!

I actually don't have RainFX... I know it's a paid mod, where do I get it as I'd like to pay for it? :)

Thanks! Coming close to a proper release now with all this :)

My post was ironic mate...
They still scam you
So if a car they "made" costs them 50 dollars to "make" like they say. You need to "donate" them 50 dollars for them to send you the link.

This is the difference with simdream.
Here they tell you its donation only and so on making you believe they are good guys.
But in the end they are far more worse than their counterparts

ohhhh they had us in the first half ngl.

Fantastic, thank you 👍

For "not modders" guys like me, next time with other cars, here is the solution to find the information to make the wipers work.
[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
SURFACE =
WIPERS =

For the SURFACE reference, click on the windsceen to found Material: EXT_Glass and in arrow 3 click on the three dots to see the complete Name : GEO_Chassis_SUB3
View attachment 986962

For the WIPERS reference click on the wiper to found the Name : GEO_Wiper4 (the name at the top, not the text after Path: )

Take care with 2 wipers you need to put the references of the 2 wipers like that (exemple) WIPERS = wiper1, wiper2 (don't forget the comma and space between the 2 references, or 3 references if rear window wiper)

View attachment 986957

and put the references here
[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
SURFACE =
WIPERS =

Congrats for taking the time to post a dummy-walkthrough for the community to self-assist when it comes to wipers - also saved your post for future reference when asked on this thread... 👍

Last edited:
thanks I got it figured out, I had a OS reinstall some time ago, and tried to just copy the files back in place for CM, looks like when I copied them back the dll files got "blocked" by windows, had take ownership of the files to get it all smooth again.

If anyone else runs into a similar scenario, and have to copy back files that contain dll's be aware windows10 may "block" them, "this file is from another compuer and has been blocked.. etc etc" you can right click/preoperties, check to see if it has a radio dial ticked called "unblock" and untick it, or use the "take ownership" script available across the wbe to own the entire folder.

Hey TheRealCeeBee,
so oddly enough I ran into the same message today. I have a Fanatec Elite F1, everything was running great up until today. I received the same error you have. At first I thought it was a mod I had installed, so I removed it, still same. I tried a Kunos car on Kunos track and the same. I tried to calibrate the wheel and pedals (CSL ELITE w/ Load cell) in AC and everything checked out. I try to run a car and the pedals are non responsive, and the throttle is pegged like I'm pressing it.

Would you mind elaborating your steps a little more in detail? I can run WRC8 without an issue so think this is related to AC for sure. I've been running 1.71 version. Any assistance would be appreciated if anyone has any other ideas.

thanks in advance

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back