Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,779 comments
Random question on AI speed. For ****s and giggles I am trying make a "prototype" grid of sorts mixing P13C and some GT500 cars. I've tried the Chivas Autosport's 2013 cars and natsuki's AVR 500Rs. And for now I'm doing it on the Reloaded Team's Daytona. For the Chivas cars I need to slow them down a lot by just throwing a ton of restrictors on them, with the P13c running default. And the the AVR car is just really slow, like 6-8 sec slower without any setup for them. So I went to run that car for a bit and got a baseline setup that worked with good top speed and I made that the default setup without any ballast or restrictor, and the AI is still 4-6 sec slower. So what dictates the behavior of AI in a given car? Their strength are all set at 98% +/- 2% and on other cars they don't seem to have issue driving to the limit of the car but for whatever reason the AVR doesn't seem to do it. I haven't tried this on another track so I have no idea if its the same in other places but it just seems curious.

With me driving normally the AVR car is faster than Chivas car usually(as they are in real life) on pretty much any track, but Daytona is kinda weird I guess and AVR car is probably just way more drag and Chivas's cars are probably too powerful/slippery(40% restrictor they are still doing 320kph)

much easier to install (make by myself :lol:) :
https://mega.nz/file/1JhxWa4Z#mpJPE_sCnksxTXMmt-GLpoq2Eoj7iSByF7vaE4edJCo

Ferrari 488 GTE EVO with :
- Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO ACC Endurance 2.0 by Masterkey
- Sound Ferrari 488 GT3 ACC Endurance by DJDIalga1 (RD)
- Physique Ferrari 488 GTLM by zerobandwidth (RD)
All ks_ferrari_488_gt3 skins work (Kunos version),
you will find GTLM, WEC, IMSA skins ... here : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ferrari-488-gtlm-2017.35056/

View attachment 987494
Well, it doesn't work at all, everything is the same as the kunos model

Fantastic, thank you 👍

For "not modders" guys like me, next time with other cars, here is the solution to find the information to make the wipers work.
[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
SURFACE =
WIPERS =

For the SURFACE reference, click on the windsceen to found Material: EXT_Glass and in arrow 3 click on the three dots to see the complete Name : GEO_Chassis_SUB3
View attachment 986962

For the WIPERS reference click on the wiper to found the Name : GEO_Wiper4 (the name at the top, not the text after Path: )

Take care with 2 wipers you need to put the references of the 2 wipers like that (exemple) WIPERS = wiper1, wiper2[/QUOTE] (don't forget the comma and space between the 2 references, or 3 references if rear window wiper)

View attachment 986957

and put the references here
[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
SURFACE =
WIPERS = [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Congrats for taking the time to post a dummy-walkthrough for the community to self-assist when it comes to wipers - also saved your post for future reference when asked on this thread... 👍

I say even more. Time and effort to explain detailed steps for the no experts (like me).
A so simple and easy task.
A deserved praise for Gonzo!

the KTM Xbow GT4 is missing in that list.

and i forgot to drop this - the Porsche 919 2017 with the real 2017 model, laptimes were now accurate around Le Mans
View attachment 834837
https://mega.nz/#!kJ9DlKaa!cDh81Xp7PlSeGRv7hlZxmphvYVeksjAQWdrWWQDQrvg
https://we.tl/t-3ahKNucwkW
CAN I HAVE THE LINK FOR THE PORSCHE 919 2017 ?

Great job as always! New toy to play while i wait to the DTM Mercedes :D :D. Btw, are you working on more Dpi prototypes?
I NEED ALL CARS FROM DPIS ACURA -NISSSAN-MAZDA.......... ANY LINK?

Umm, what is this all about? :banghead:
I already have full privs.

2ze9iqw.png
I WANT THE PORSCHE 919 2017 CAR

Last edited by a moderator:
So how does one move the start/finish line?

I just did this for a track that has not been released (but will be very soon) because of a severe AI issue, and this fixed it.

Q: So how does one move the start/finish line?

A: if you have either 3dSimed or another 3d program...
1. rename "your_track.kn5" to "your_track_good.kn5"
2. load track and locate the AC_TIME_0_L and AC_TIME_0_R
3. move the start objects to new location, save as "your_track.kn5"
4. record new AI (apply sides csv if needed)
5. delete/rename the "fixed" kn5 from step #3
6. reverse step #1

btw, I think this technique should be called the "GTP AI fix"

Last edited:
So if this application is no longer needed since the update of the CSP, how do we reduce the volume of the rain too strong ?,
I can't hear the sound of the engine
I have the CSP 1.70 preview1
I have been looking for 2 days this is going to drive me crazy for this thing :banghead::banghead::banghead::lol::lol::lol:
THANKS
Are you sure it is the rain sound and not the wind sound which can come together when the rain starts? I had the same especially in exterior view.
In the SOL app while in game I think it is page 12/23 where you see the 'wind sound' options. I decreased it to 20% in stead of the default 100%.
Not sure if it is the same you're experiencing? Maybe it helps?

Last edited:
I have tried rain in AC. It's really impressive, but you dont feel it on the surface.
when it will be effect of aquaplaning on the puddles, Ilya should recieve Nobel prize for making AC best sim upgrade ever made in the human history

It also could be snow FX=)
To feel the effects you can increase the water on track and enable extended physics. It works fine for me.
I hope this helps.

i wonder how you guys make this videos, camerawork is great. Smoke also looks so realistic.

For a start, horizon weathers is awesome. Add in camtool2 (finally risked it and its a game changer if you like to watch replays).

After that dig around in ilija's default base implementation and you too can make your own base weather.

Personally i use this more than SOL now.

Eagerly anticipating the new HSW.
Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_155_v6_rt_misano_23-0-121-23-33-57.jpg

Last edited:
What a week for south american mods, especially Argentinian series.
First Formula Argentina and now a first iteration of TRV6 has been uploaded to racedepartment.

If only we had someone interested enough on improving STC 2000 mod from ACFL and the ACTC mod from AMS.. we could enjoy south american
racing in all its glory, taking into account that we already have Turismo Nacional cars from Argentina, Stock Car, Copa Marcas, Formula truck, Vintage Fiat and Gol and Porsche Cup from Brazil.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/top-car.39218/

top-car.39218
The STC2000 mod by ACFL is way too overpowered; 514HP at the wheels when the Radical engines the series used in the 2017 season was rated at ~430hp at the crank.

Hey,

Anybody know if its possible to completley hide an object on a track using anything in the extensions file?

Say I wanted to replace the pit building on an existing track, can i hide the ;pitbuilding' mesh, so then I can load in a new 'newpitbuilding.kng5' using the models.ini file.

This could save time on updating some older circuits.

Thanks again,
Tyrone

EDIT NVM

My google-fu let me down

To disable a mesh via CSP, you need a tag like this:
[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = objectname
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

Last edited:
From Fecebook. Updated with LED headlights.

Quentin Eye
6zTRlzzrMzf.png

Visual Storyteller
· tSp6onsooumrhed ·

Mazda mx-5 (na) Hell-spec
1f608.png
(updated with led headlights)
base model : kunos mx5
Two models ,with hardtop and without hardtop
new physics and tyres
new specs engine and sound
new 3d parts and textures or improvement
Wipers,Turn signals,reverse ,highbeam ,interior light, etc...
link: https://drive.google.com/.../1rDOfaEsKAaA7hc7iT5T.../view...

142688840_3486450361579647_8713500015632978824_o.jpg

Are you sure it is the rain sound and not the wind sound which can come together when the rain starts? I had the same especially in exterior view.
In the SOL app while in game I think it is page 12/23 where you see the 'wind sound' options. I decreased it to 20% in stead of the default 100%.
Not sure if it is the same you're experiencing? Maybe it helps?
it's always the same the sound of the rain

ac1.JPG

OK so I wanted to ask quickly - have any updates to sol/weather/csp produced any other 'wet weather' effect than forms of rain? Like, does sleet/snow etc exist yet? Is someone working on it? They've been in Sol's weather settings for a long time and I just wanted to know about it

CAN I HAVE THE LINK FOR THE PORSCHE 919 2017 ?

I NEED ALL CARS FROM DPIS ACURA -NISSSAN-MAZDA.......... ANY LINK?

I WANT THE PORSCHE 919 2017 CAR

Triple posting and using caps is an excellent strategy to get what you want/deserve. If it does not work, my advice is to use also a bigger type and bold.
Welcome to get planet.:gtpflag:

Last edited:
The STC2000 mod by ACFL is way too overpowered; 514HP at the wheels when the Radical engines the series used in the 2017 season was rated at ~430hp at the crank.
Speaking of the ACFL STC2000's, the windscreen of the Corolla; the most important window to have its transparency working, isn't actually transparent when driving in interior view.
Screenshot_acfl_stcar2017_toyota_ks_nordschleife_27-0-121-10-57-15.jpg

The strangest thing about this is that in the Content Manager showroom, this issue doesn't come up.
__custom_showroom_1611745417.png

And furthermore, the other cars in the pack - the Chevy, Citroen, Fiat, Ford, Peugeot and Renault don't have this problem.

If anyone knows how to fix the transparency issue for the STC2000 Toyota, here is the link to the download.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back