Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,770 comments
The first bit i was talking about the guy who does the auzzie race cars.

Regards Ilijas patroen i managed to sign up for £1, so hard to miss that each month, if i subscribed for a year its not much money.
So yes, in answer, CSP patroen is a bit different and it makes sense to pay a bit towards it.

I know not long ago we were told that ilija makes no money from patroen or CSP...so yeah,. not sure where he puts it all...
Then again Putin is one of the worlds richest men...but many Russians actually think he just has a 'small' presidential wage....

Absolutely yes!
Did you know Ilja is the second richest man in Russia, despite he has to give a percentage from his Patreon to Putin.
And poor Russians think he is just a game developer.

This is fantastic, thank you so much!

I actually don't have RainFX... I know it's a paid mod, where do I get it as I'd like to pay for it? :)

Thanks! Coming close to a proper release now with all this :)
Hey Tomo,
thx for sharing your work.
I just took a quick look on your newest release from RD with an 3D editor and realized a lot of objects could be massive and the grass should be "dirty" instead of a normal road feeling. So, I renamed a few objects and put yorkshiregrass as ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS in config.
Untested as my GPU is still junk. So, backup your old kn5 file first. :)
Test yourself please and keep it if you like. If not, throw it away... ;)

https://we.tl/t-PMbqv3eMWj

Congrats for taking the time to post a dummy-walkthrough for the community to self-assist when it comes to wipers - also saved your post for future reference when asked on this thread... 👍
Because i'm myself a dummy :lol: and i like this citation : If you give a man a fish, he will feed once. If you teach a man to fish, he will eat for the rest of his life.
I think dummies like to learn and are proud to do things for themselves (like me)

Random question on AI speed. For ****s and giggles I am trying make a "prototype" grid of sorts mixing P13C and some GT500 cars. I've tried the Chivas Autosport's 2013 cars and natsuki's AVR 500Rs. And for now I'm doing it on the Reloaded Team's Daytona. For the Chivas cars I need to slow them down a lot by just throwing a ton of restrictors on them, with the P13c running default. And the the AVR car is just really slow, like 6-8 sec slower without any setup for them. So I went to run that car for a bit and got a baseline setup that worked with good top speed and I made that the default setup without any ballast or restrictor, and the AI is still 4-6 sec slower. So what dictates the behavior of AI in a given car? Their strength are all set at 98% +/- 2% and on other cars they don't seem to have issue driving to the limit of the car but for whatever reason the AVR doesn't seem to do it. I haven't tried this on another track so I have no idea if its the same in other places but it just seems curious.

With me driving normally the AVR car is faster than Chivas car usually(as they are in real life) on pretty much any track, but Daytona is kinda weird I guess and AVR car is probably just way more drag and Chivas's cars are probably too powerful/slippery(40% restrictor they are still doing 320kph)

There is a file in the data folder of each car called ai.ini, you need to unpack and then rename the data.acd to see and then edit this file.

This file determines how the AI behave in that car, everything from when they change gear to how far ahead they need to look for braking, how much downforce they've got and so on. If you can match the pace of the AI in the Chivas cars, but are 4-6 seconds a lap faster than the AVR car, then this means that the AVR car probably hasn't got a very good AI configuration. For a simple test, you could copy the ai.ini from the Chivas car over the one from the AVR car. If you do this it's important to A) Keep a backup of the original AVR file and B) edit the gear up and down values based on the rev limiter of the AVR car (otherwise it may not move or may short shift).

Because i'm myself a dummy :lol: and i like this citation : If you give a man a fish, he will feed once. If you teach a man to fish, he will eat for the rest of his life.
I think dummies like to learn and are proud to do things for themselves (like me)

Good to know you're enjoying the learnings, there are lots...

Just in case, and to avoid confusion, a 'dummy-walkthrough' is an expression used to imply something like, in this case, eg. 'beginner's guide'...

Nope. Heat shimmering = exhaust heat shimmering.

The one you mean which was in the video is here (in weatherFX):

upload_2021-1-27_16-21-8.png

Here is my power rework for the ACFL STC2000 pack:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jmotcoujhgb2vtq/ACFL_STC2000_Power_Rework.zip/file
It's not entirely accurate to the actual Radical Macroblock V8's power and torque curves, but it's now at a lot more reasonable 375 Horsepower to the wheels, which is based on a 13% power-loss that AC uses. If someone has actual dyno data from Radical's Macroblock V8, please let me know as the STC2000 cars from this pack use a version of that engine modified to fit an FF Drivetrain. The chart that is included in Radical's promo for the engine is unfortunately too vague for me to get some precise numbers off it.

Original cars can be downloaded here; and the ACFL team have now patched the error with the Toyota's windscreen too!

update on the tommy78 Mustang and the missing badge.
The old kn5 has the badge and I'd failed to update my mod, so for now I have reverted back to using the old kn5 files as my skin looks stupid with a hole at the front. Also emailed tommy so will see if he gets back to me with a fix.

Edit: Tommy got back to me and yes he removed the 3d Ford Badge. He said he may update the kn5 tomorrow but I will update my skins with a "fake" badge for now so head on over to RD for that update later

Thanks for the update!

RainFX by request for miseluk circuit by (Lemax)
miseluk_rainfx track bg.jpg

Main Track v0.9: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mišeluk.3383/
Gymkhana (drift) & 1-NA-1 (drag).: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/miseluk.13291/

This track does have a config file - Add this on the end of the; YourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\miseluk.ini

[ABOUT]
AUTHOR = Cozy61
VERSION = 0.9 beta
DATE_RELEASE = 27th January 2021
NOTES = v0.9beta by Cozy61, Request for a rainfx version - Basic config of RainFX

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ?road?, DetailRoad, rged_trotoar, skid, ?rmbl?
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ?road?, DetailRoad, rdax_ivicnjak, skid, ?rmbl?, grassblades, DetailRoadv
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = rdax_ivicnjak, rged_trotoar, stubovistart, znakovi, ?Auto?, ?rmbl?, grdr_branik, orig_bilbord, KolaLow, kontejneri, ?merenjevremena?, kenworth, SuzukiSC, DetailRoad
ROUGH_MATERIALS = ?grass?, gume
LINES_MATERIALS = DetailRoad
STREAM_EDGE_... = -515.17, 8.68, -231.18, -523.13, 8.67, -238.47
STREAM_EDGE_... = -516.65, 8.46, -246.73, -510.46, 8.54, -252.93
STREAM_EDGE_... = -494.1, 9.85, -236.64, -485.4, 9.82, -244.08
STREAM_POINT_... = -517.85, 9.44, -241.15

Installation Help
If you want to move/copy the track config from the loaded tracks folder you can;
1. Create and extension folder (all lowercase) in the track folder
2. Place or create an ext_config.ini file using Notepad or similar text editor
3. To create a save as *.ini file you need to switch the files from *.txt to *.* all files
4. Copy the rain FX text for your track and paste at the end of the existing or newly created ext_config.ini
5. Sometimes there will be other KN5 files that need to be in the extension folder for track lights etc.
6. Copy these from the yourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded folder and paste in the tracks extesion folder
7. To stop AC from getting confused. You can add the following to the beginning of the ext_config.ini file for each track;
Please Note: from time to time, configs in the tracks/loaded folder get updated so you may prefer to just have the rainfx as an ext_config in the track extension folder if you are not worried about a self-contained track or don't remember to check the track config on a regular basis
[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1

Hope that helps
Cozy61
Jan 2021

Attachments

• miseluk_rainfx.txt
    1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Here is my power rework for the ACFL STC2000 pack:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jmotcoujhgb2vtq/ACFL_STC2000_Power_Rework.zip/file
It's not entirely accurate to the actual Radical Macroblock V8's power and torque curves, but it's now at a lot more reasonable 375 Horsepower to the wheels, which is based on a 13% power-loss that AC uses. If someone has actual dyno data from Radical's Macroblock V8, please let me know as the STC2000 cars from this pack use a version of that engine modified to fit an FF Drivetrain. The chart that is included in Radical's promo for the engine is unfortunately too vague for me to get some precise numbers off it.

Original cars can be downloaded here; and the ACFL team have now patched the error with the Toyota's windscreen too!

Wow, thanks a lot!!!

i have a little problem with the game i have install reshade and now i want to unistall because they dont work anything from my apps ..... in content manager

Wow, thanks a lot!!!
As I said, the power has been reduced but it is not entirely accurate due to lacking a fully-plotted-out Dyno chart for the Radical Macroblock V8; specifically the RXC Spyder version with 431 horsepower since that is the base version of the engine that appears in the pre-2019 STC2000 cars ran

(2019 and later STC2000 cars run a 2-litre Turbo engine manufactured by Oreca so data for that engine isn't helpful in this case)

And before anyone brings up this press release flyer, the chart only rates outputs from 5000 RPM and above, and even then the chart doesn't mark out the specific power and torque outputs for each 100 RPM meaning the ratings will be vague unless I try to know the exact pixel measurements for each 10th of a horsepower.

Iowa Speedway v1.1
Talladega Superspeedway v1.1

Updated and added to my folder.

This update fixes the problem on those tracks that causes to not counting the lap while driving on the pitlane, and some textures and visual objects added/removed.

https://mega.nz/folder/SOAQVbDL#zAo0G0ix_Vg4r6KEg-_0wg

Hi. Pleae check the starting position of the new Iowa version. All the cars start into each other (same spot) when I enter a race against the AI. Thank you.

The Alfa 4C and Subaru BRZ have already been converted:

https://mega.nz/file/wQ8wyaaZ#Om1DXuuKr-58URBOSL4dlxus06M6qm1B4T25v0kRPWU - Alfa 4C

https://mega.nz/file/EM8zEQDa#v2kUpk6HEmPiuvxl234b0CZbP8LhuKM0uYXs-sNxDHI - Subaru BRZ

@Kiny did you upload that Bugatti Bolide to RaceDepartment? It's against the rules to upload official content ripped from other games on their platform. If you want to share that car, do it via mediafire or mega.nz

Last edited:
I just did this for a track that has not been released (but will be very soon) because of a severe AI issue, and this fixed it.

Q: So how does one move the start/finish line?

A: if you have either 3dSimed or another 3d program...
1. rename "your_track.kn5" to "your_track_good.kn5"
2. load track and locate the AC_TIME_0_L and AC_TIME_0_R
3. move the start objects to new location, save as "your_track.kn5"
4. record new AI (apply sides csv if needed)
5. delete/rename the "fixed" kn5 from step #3
6. reverse step #1

btw, I think this technique should be called the "GTP AI fix"

Thanks @RMi_wood, I'll save this post for reference. Unfortunately I don't have 3d software yet. May be I will get it sometime.

Putting a call out to those who can do it... can someone move the s/f line temporarily for me on the Fiorano Test track?

Vector W8 Twin Turbo Rework by Dragster666

Reworked by Dragster666
-Added AO inside out
-Fixed inaccurate performance
-Added Turbo Boost system from the real car aka Kers in this game.
-Added pop up headlights with an headlight mesh which may be inaccurate the real car but it does the job pretty good...
-Added proper Lods (Better done Lods than on my previous cars)
-Removed the inaccurate V12 sound to a more fitting V8 sound
-Rain ready windows,Working wipers ect....
-Gauges done from scratch including digital tachometers
-Removed shifting animation cause the real car is an auto and sadly that shifter isn't modeled
and the whole interior is sadly incorrectly modeled....
-Fixed Driver
-Added reverse light
-New CSP colors Gun Metal and Chameleon this also affects the normal colors and makes them look better....
-CSP shaders for the rims too!
-Added a headlight cover function its if you want the pop ups to go down without turning on the headlights just
press the Extra Option D binding if you can't activate it go into settings then go into controls then into Patch
then bind the Extra Option D function to your button and then activate it in game!!!
Also Note!!! when you want to activate the headlights if you have this on press Extra Option D button to turn
it off then activate the headlights. Do this because the Extra Option D cover animation conflicts with the headlight animation
so turn the covers off first!!!!
-Added a new experimental 6.0 L Rodeck twin-turbocharged V8 engine sound via FMOD.
(Keep in mind that its still experimental because its my first sound mod ever.) I also took the sounds from these videos both from the outside and in the interior.
Outside:

Interior

If you dislike it you can replace it with a another V8 or swap back in
the Countach V12....

Credits:
1ST Racing Studio (Converter) Assettoland (Update) Dragster666 (Rework)

Screenshot_fsr_vector_w8_miseluk_27-0-121-2-47-27.jpg

Screenshot_fsr_vector_w8_ks_laguna_seca_27-0-121-14-12-35.jpg

Sadly recently Gerald Wiegert passed away thank you Wiegert for these crazy car designs that were pretty much unthinkable at the time having a car to look more crazy than the famous Countach wasn't a easy task and i congratulate you on that.

Last edited:
I'm not a modder, but had an idea. I've been away for a little while, and have gotten back into AC, and there seems to be weather. Now every single track here, has someone post a camera file (thx Dabaeda and Safi), and rainfx file, and other small config files to adjust things about which I have no clue. But there are thousands of them, despite them being tiny files.

Is it worth somebody keeping like a library of these files, whenever they are updated, so that the Content Manager can refer to this file and update this information automatically, or at the very least, we just unzip the lot, delete the tracks we don't use, and copy the small files over in a batch? I'm thinking also things like ui files - I spend ages painstakingly correcting the series related to tracks, or countries etcetc, and with update after update, it takes crazy amounts of time. Maybe everyone could agree to a standardised format, for things like 'FIA GT' tags, and then we all build a colossal library. I can't be the only person who looks at the tag lists on some tracks and deletes 90% of them because otherwise you end up with 5000 tags that are utterly useless.

I'd be surprised if it were more than 100mb. I'm talking about just the notepad files. Just an idea from a non-modder

Initial D. Street Stage - Akina Downhill (Winter touge) v0.70 w.i.p

upload_2021-1-27_20-15-11.jpeg

upload_2021-1-27_20-15-35.jpeg

- features the most realistic packed snow driving experience in AC*
- working corner mirrors
- a few lights
- AI/Cams broken for this release (halp!)
- needs a few trees (halp! halp!)
- just for fun

:: download ::

*simulates a 2cm fluff on hard-pack snow with "Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8" studded tires

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back