Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,773 comments
Idemitsu skins (Sentul)
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/idemitsu-skin-for-sentul.39316/

I already have the Sentul International version on assettoclub but this version, you know ? no link for the original track "Idemistu" ....

View attachment 989148

View attachment 989149

The download is a skin to replace all the billboards on Sentul Circuit with Idemitsu logos. It works on the Sentul International Circuit Final Version 1.4 at RaceDepartment as well as the ACF version where he removed the large trackside billboards.

For those that aren't familiar with track skins, in the track mod folder create a skins folder, then a cm_skins folder inside that, and copy the idemitsu folder into it. Then in Content Manager, select the skin below the track on the Drive screen.

You can find ACF's version here ( thanks @slider666 )
https://mega.nz/folder/d8RmGIDa#eNn1zMIK-Y9gAukU5zxsvg

This track mod is in SERIOUS need of a GrassFX config, especially because it's a pretty good track already, and the current grass in either version looks really bad. It also needs VAO, and rain if it hasn't been created already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, the grandstands seem to me to be a little poorly lit and the interior of the pits should perhaps be implemented in that sense.

Thx for your honest opinion.
Sorry to have disappointed you. :boggled:

Update was mainly for fixing stuff and some performances wise optimization.

There should be way more optimization needed before improving eye candy. Especially when you consider the poor performance on s/f area. As mentioned, maybe something left for later updates.
Had some more ideas to improve track, some smoke out of the chimneys, perhaps paired with seasonal adjustments, more lights, flying stuff ...
But all this would cost performance.
So, imo first priority should be optimizing that track even more, specially on s/f, before getting more eye candy done. At least for larger races with more than 20 cars at the same time on the s/f area.

@slider666 thanks for the Le Mans '85 updates! Big improvements.

HI,
IMHO there' s a very interesting feature: exhaust (grey) smoke while running
This is the first time I see this effect in assetto corsa and I suppose this feature could be very useful to add further immersion: I wonder if it is possible to have occasional emissions of smoke/vapour etc,,, from a car during race, as it happens in real life and I kindly suggest to the extraordinary modders community to explore the potential of a such feature.
Best regards and off course thank you very mauch to all the contributors for the constant flow of enjoyment they provide us simple noob assetto corsa drivers.....:-)

This is a part of the default guessed configs on current CSP preview versions IIRC - I'm not using it, but I'm sure one of the patch notes specifically referred to it.

Last edited:
The download is a skin to replace all the billboards on Sentul Circuit with Idemitsu logos. It works on the Sentul International Circuit Final Version 1.4 at RaceDepartment as well as the ACF version where he removed the large trackside billboards.

For those that aren't familiar with track skins, in the track mod folder create a skins folder, then a cm_skins folder inside that, and copy the idemitsu folder into it. Then in Content Manager, select the skin below the track on the Drive screen.

I can't find a link to ACF's version.

This track mod is in SERIOUS need of a GrassFX config, especially because it's a pretty good track already, and the current grass in either version looks really bad. It also needs VAO, and rain if it hasn't been created already.
Most of ACF track mods can be found here:

where you get this link for his Mega folder:

Grass FX, Rain FX and some tweaks are on the way.
@macko68 contacted me, with a request for Grass FX. I have done something a while ago for Sentul, but as I´m mentioned several times, my graphics card crashes in game. :mad:
It´s hard now to verify config settings for me. I hope to get an old sluggish gtx650 soon, to get into the game at all.
But I can share untested config meanwhile. Let me just take a quick look at it first.
(Impatience everywhere...)

@macko68 contacted me, with a request for Grass FX. I have done something a while ago for Sentul, but as I´m mentioned several times, my graphics card crashes in game. :mad:
It´s hard now to verify config settings for me. I hope to get an old sluggish gtx650 soon, to get into the game at all.
But I can share untested config meanwhile. Let me just take a quick look at it first.

I still have an ini from you from September 2019, where you already did some tweaks to Sentul, will this one be extended now? You already removed the billboards and tweaked the grass. Check the attached file.
I also have a realistic billboard skin available, with vao patches for the balloons.

Attachments

• sentul_circuit.txt
    4 KB · Views: 18

That TotalCircuit videos was cool! I like how the correct corner entry speeds were maintained each time it changed. Vital for the correct feel of each section.

Last edited:
I still have an ini from you from September 2019, where you already did some tweaks to Sentul, will this one be extended now? You already removed the billboards and tweaked the grass. Check the attached file.
I also have a realistic billboard skin available, with vao patches for the balloons.
Yapp, thx I know. :)
But this config was for the original track. Not for the ACF version. The ACF version have imo better track lamps, but different naming conventions.
I repacked the ACF version and send it to @imported_ApexVGear. He offered to test it and send me screenshots of it.

Don´t go nuts, it is soo easy.

Open up gui.ini in \extension\config folder, and put a 1 instead of 0 here in this line (blue marked). Then the new GUI is no longer hidden:

View attachment 989081

If you remove "hidden" it is also visible in CM.

Edit: here is the wipers config for the Lambo Countach / S1 from Kunos:

View attachment 989084

[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
SURFACE = GEO_chassis_SUB15
WIPERS = polymsh_detached1, GEO_part13_SUB1

Yes! Thanks a lot man!

Maybe its better to let @Zwiss handle the AC conversion?

RainFX for Siracusa_2021

This circuit was well received, and I love the historical "revival" feel, so I figured it needed "the treatment" next.

Enjoy.

View attachment 989113 View attachment 989114
great! I added this and your screen to the RD page... thank you.

Hope this is not too much off-topic
Quick question for you: is possible to make a shot with the track cameras and have the blur effect? I usually use f5 and then select the ratio obtain more or less blur effect, but if I want to do it with track cameras is it possible in AC or I need to use other apps or tools?
If is possible to do so in AC can you DM me with the steps for it?
Hi, I know I'm a bit late, but if you want to move around, and not stick with the F5 camera, you can download Drone camera from Racedepartment, and if you activate it, and press F7, you can move anywhere you want, and still have blurry background

Last edited:

Hello,
I know a little while back we all knew that ACF came back to youtube and created the archive for all his older tracks he did for AC for us to grab. ACF was also starting a couple new tracks but since then haven't heard any words or videos on those new tracks.. Hope ACF is doing good.

Haven't learned any new tricks lately, but here is some Grass FX and "somewhat better trees"-skin for EVO Triangle:

upload_2021-2-3_17-5-48.jpeg

https://www.mediafire.com/file/73lul807921ynzu/evo_triangle.rar/file

Original track (which is really good considering when it has been updated last time):

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/the-evo-triangle.12549/

I just have to say that whomever put together the GTPlanet physics upgrade for the Rollovers DPI vehicles did a phenomenal job. That combined with the amazing 4k 2021 skins on RaceDepartment takes the immersion level to the max. Thank you!

Here are the skinpacks that I found from Racedepartment for the Rollover DPI vehicles:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mazda-rt-24p-imsa-wtscc-livery-pack-4k-2k.36604/
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/cadillac-dpi-v-r-imsa-wtscc-livery-pack-4k-2k.36602/
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acura-arx-05-imsa-wtscc-livery-pack-4k-2k.36605/

Last edited:
Somebody has recreated El Capitan from GT4.
It's been quite a while since I drove the original but I don't remember it being this tight and twisty, this.. small.
Kind of feels like the whole thing needs scaling up by 1.2x or something.
Even the spectators, marshalls and billboards feel small.
All in my mind?
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/el-capitan-gt4.39422/
Tried for a few hundred meters and binned... those horrible looking trees :indiff:

Ok boys and girls who didnt download yet a car BMW M6 GT3 for Asseto Coesa with bunch of skins ,can do here on this link from the video description .
This is just for those people who dont have this car yet ,and its free.See you !

This requires an account to download. Can someone please post on another service for download?

Tried for a few hundred meters and binned... those horrible looking trees :indiff:

@Masscot

This version just doesn't "feel" like the El Capitan I remember, one of my favorites BTW.
It seems more like a loose interpretation of it, and "smaller" than the original. I wonder if someone ever ripped a model of the version in the video, at least to use as a reference to make a re-mastered version.

Haven't learned any new tricks lately, but here is some Grass FX and "somewhat better trees"-skin for EVO Triangle:

View attachment 989162

https://www.mediafire.com/file/73lul807921ynzu/evo_triangle.rar/file

Original track (which is really good considering when it has been updated last time):

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/the-evo-triangle.12549/

This drastically improves the "experience" of this track. Great work.

The track mod definitely needs some corner and turn markers, rather than small triangle caution signs. Any track can be learned without them, but if this track were closed for an event, they'd definitely add the signs. Signs could probably be added and provided as a separate add-on model kn5 file with a model.ini file for a race event version. With some improved textures on some of the buildings and some more trackside elements, it would be even better than it is now.

This drastically improves the "experience" of this track. Great work.

The track mod definitely needs some corner and turn markers, rather than small triangle caution signs. Any track can be learned without them, but if this track were closed for an event, they'd definitely add the signs. Signs could probably be added and provided as a separate add-on model kn5 file with a model.ini file for a race event version. With some improved textures on some of the buildings and some more trackside elements, it would be even better than it is now.

True. I also tried to change the weird turquoise water color but any changes I made to any textures of the background-material didn't seem to apply. Very strange. I'm gonna have to keep on trying.

Also some parts near the end of the lap are too barren, could add some trees maybe.

Anyway, very nice and wrongly forgotten track!

Hello. I have the 1983 DMC DeLorean Back to the Future car but its not working. It wont budge stays in one place and its front wheels get blocket at an angle. I drove it a few months ago without a problem. Any idea what is the problem ? Thx

Tried for a few hundred meters and binned... those horrible looking trees

This version just doesn't "feel" like the El Capitan I remember, one of my favorites BTW.
It seems more like a loose interpretation of it

Sadly, this and most other attempt, even tough I appreciate the efforts and some of them are not bad, none are capturing the "atmosphere" that make GT such a great title.

Gran Turismo -- All Tracks Video

This brings back memories.

Thank you for sharing this amazing video.

Looking at all those GT original tracks, reminded me how great GT is/was, and how much I am missing some aspect of it. What a shame that GT5/6 is not available for PC and/or that those gems of track are converted in a way that does not make them justice like some of the Forza tracks are.

At least now Forza 7 runs on PC, maybe one day even with VR for the next Forza Motorsport iteration, but the marvels of GT seem to be forever locked on console.:ill:

Last edited:
Sadly, this and most other attempt, even tough I appreciate the efforts and some of them are not bad, none are capturing the "atmosphere" that make GT such a great title.

Thank you for sharing this amazing video.

Looking at all those GT original tracks, reminded me how great GT is/was, and how much I am missing some aspect of it. What a shame that GT5/6 is not available for PC and/or that those gems of track are converted in a way that does not make them justice like some of the Forza tracks are.

At least now Forza 7 runs on PC, maybe one day even with VR for the next Forza Motorsport iteration, but the marvels of GT seem to be forever locked on console.:ill:
GT tracks can be extracted though, they just need a hell of a lot of work to get them into AC to a decent standard.

Sadly, this and most other attempt, even tough I appreciate the efforts and some of them are not bad, none are capturing the "atmosphere" that make GT such a great title.../...

.../...Looking at all those GT original tracks, reminded me how great GT is/was, and how much I am missing some aspect of it. What a shame that GT5/6 is not available for PC .../...

Indeed.
A while ago I even considered a second rig with a PS... but it would take up too much room and going back to single screen (I can't drive in VR) is another downside.
GT has so many great tracks (Sierra, Eiger Nordwand, Rome etc...etc..., I really miss them (despite having installed over 400 more than decent tracks in AC)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back