Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,767 comments
Got an email notification. Man it's been awhile since i've been on here, sorry for my absence!!

Here is a link to my most updated release of the GT4. One BoP'd and one with the unrestricted dyno data we got from the real life #15 car posted above ;).

View attachment 991085

Hope all of you are well!

Good to hear from you @iRoush ! Thanks for dropping in and sharing the latest version of your car :cheers:

Likewise, hope you're doing good yourself!

For new users, or those not aware of this Windows 10 compression feature...

LZX compression
is quite amazing on Windows 10, especially if a mod has a lot of Kn5 and DDS files. With an HDD and fast CPU, this does reduce loading times, though it's marginal. Either with SSD or HDD, the files are smaller, so they read faster. The most significant benefit however, is saving disk space. For example, having 1.2GB or so of mods on a 500GB drive! I've been using this for over a year, and it's very reliable and efficient.

Content Manager has this compression feature in the Content > Tools menu to compress your cars and tracks folders. You can also use CompactGUI[2] to compress specific folders (select them by clicking on the blue bar) as well as the extensions folders and others that may contain additional Kn5 and DDS files. In both cases, they only compress new files, so you can compress occasionally as you add new mods.

upload_2021-2-12_5-52-17.png

upload_2021-2-12_5-56-59.png

Last edited:
Hello to the whole community! I have a problem that I don’t know how to solve. After updates to the CM or something else, the steering wheel in the game turns about 60 degrees on the screen, but the wheels make a normal turn. At this time, my physical steering wheel makes one and a half turns, as it should be. The controls became very sharp, as if it were really 120 degrees. My physical steering wheel is set to 900 degrees, in the game settings too, in the configs too - I checked. What do you advise?

Last edited:
Hello to the whole community! I have a problem that I don’t know how to solve. After updates to the CM or something else, the steering wheel in the game turns about 60 degrees on the screen, but the wheels make a normal turn. At this time, my physical steering wheel makes one and a half turns, as it should be. The controls became very sharp, as if it were really 120 degrees. My physical steering wheel is set to 900 degrees, in the game settings too, in the configs too - I checked. What do you advise?

Which wheel do you have, drivers version, and operating system?

Some quick things to try (some are very basic):
-After any updates, be sure to quit Content Manager, wait a minute, then re-launch it.
-Always have your wheel on and connected before launching Content Manager
-Re-configure or re-apply the wheel control settings in CM>Settings>Assetto Corsa>X-Axis (tab)
-Make sure you have the latest drivers and uninstall and reinstall them.
-In the Settings > Assetto Corsa > Controls > Axis (tab), deselect "Auto-adjust scale to match car's steer lock," quit CM, wait, re-launch it, then re-select this. I always have this on for my Thrustmaster wheels (TX, TS300, TS-PC Racer).
-Re-save your Presets at the bottom of the Controls settings screen, and re-select them under Car-specific controls for any cars that have this issue. Sometimes it helps to select another preset-profile, then re-select the correct one.

Last edited:
Rockingham Motor Speedway - 2003 Subway 400 skin update

Here is my vintage skin contribute to the 2003 Subway 400 @ The Rock. This was the last race at the Rock with Winston as main sponsor. Delete the .txt from the file attached and place it into the track folder.

Credits to @damone13x for the track.

I tried to be as accurate as possible but the track itself has limited space for all the necessary changes so I hope you like it.

upload_2021-2-12_13-40-54.png

upload_2021-2-12_13-41-12.png

upload_2021-2-12_13-41-34.png

upload_2021-2-12_13-42-36.png

Cheers.

Attachments

• skins.rar.txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
Rockingham Motor Speedway - 2003 Subway 400 skin update

Here is my vintage skin contribute to the 2003 Subway 400 @ The Rock. This was the last race at the Rock with Winston as main sponsor. Delete the .txt from the file attached and place it into the track folder.

Credits to @damone13x for the track.

I tried to be as accurate as possible but the track itself has limited space for all the necessary changes so I hope you like it.

View attachment 991150

View attachment 991151

View attachment 991152

View attachment 991153

Cheers.

Does this track come with a infield road course Layout?

Last edited:
Which wheel do you have, drivers version, and operating system?

Some quick things to try (some are very basic):
-After any updates, be sure to quit Content Manager, wait a minute, then re-launch it.
-Always have your wheel on and connected before launching Content Manager
-Re-configure or re-apply the wheel control settings in CM>Settings>Assetto Corsa>X-Axis (tab)
-Make sure you have the latest drivers and uninstall and reinstall them.
-In the Settings > Assetto Corsa > Controls > Axis (tab), deselect "Auto-adjust scale to match car's steer lock," quit CM, wait, re-launch it, then re-select this. I always have this on for my Thrustmaster wheels (TX, TS300, TS-PC Racer).
-Re-save your Presets at the bottom of the Controls settings screen, and re-select them under Car-specific controls for any cars that have this issue. Sometimes it helps to select another preset-profile, then re-select the correct one.
Thanks, but I've already done all this. You didn't understand the problem. I have a T300 steering wheel and it has nothing to do with it. In my game, even kunos cars turn the steering wheel 60 degrees (animation), all cars without exception have this problem.

@RMi_wood massive appreciations for finally bringing this out, we need more of this great aussie stuff coming.

Also in regards to Hamilton, i believe i had already sent you the AMS convert of the rF2 version to bring across. Hopefully with that information it should stop people asking for it considering it wouldve been added to your extensive list no doubt.

Also wondering how progress is going with Calder Park? Should be plenty of reference footage for those 2 and also Canberra if you want to do touch ups now considering Supercars has released their entire race catalogue between 1997-2014 onto youtube for everyones viewing pleasure.

Definitely recommend a watch
Hamilton is on the list, but not actualized as yet. Calder is an issue as there is no road mesh and will first need to be created from the road texture and then recreated as a proper mesh... as such Calder is low on the list.

I will be doing other esoteric, mobile and lesser known (and easier tracks) in the next months as well as a few commissions (and a big project on RD) as my free time will be severely cut due to starting a new job.

Pebble Beach wip
Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_rmi_pebblebeachrevival_12-2-121-13-59-59.jpg

cheers

Hamilton is on the list, but not actualized as yet. Calder is an issue as there is no road mesh and will first need to be created from the road texture and then recreated as a proper mesh... as such Calder is low on the list.

I will be doing other esoteric, mobile and lesser known (and easier tracks) in the next months as well as a few commissions (and a big project on RD) as my free time will be severely cut due to starting a new job.

Pebble Beach wip
View attachment 991163

cheers

That sucks to hear. If I can help in anyway searching for a version that has a mesh (maybe an rF1 version?) let me know.

I'm doing it as the 2019 version, so pitlane on the left.

View attachment 991165

There's a 200(7?) version of the track already for AC but it's a bit basic.

Yea i think ive got that version, will be looking forward to seeing you finish yours

an rF1 or GTR2/GTL version is preferred over GSC/AMS/rF2 due to ease of conversion. The former generally has some useable road mesh, while the rF derivatives tends to use textures to define roads (and are often authored to that standard) and AC uses mesh definitions.

Last edited:
n9sTglP

screenshot_oreca_07_lemans_2017_4-11-120-17-50-4.71643

Since RD doesn't like it here is are the files. I want to add rain fx but I will have to learn how to do that so it will take some time. This project started as a patch-up job the original mod had a ton of problems outdated tires no lod’s and a lot more. I learned how to mod as I went along but this project really shot of the ground after Whatever1624 (02_WL_04) came along to help. He carried this mod from mediocre to amazing. He redid a lot of the car physics. And me redoing all the lod’s and some of the modelling. This car is on a different level then when we started with it and I am super happy with what I have achieved. With that I also want to thank the people from the charged community who helped me get trough the start of this project. Most of the skins came with the original pack although some are made by people from charged as well. And finally thanks to renrupt76 for making these amazing screenshots!

https://mega.nz/file/zdhnwIyK#Kj5K-UKexaqZ-29kF8of8SjXNjGD_XtEwZnf0GPi9U0

link has been updated to v3.10 now with weatherfx

Link to where I found the original car https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/page-762
I updated the car so everyone who wanted raindrops on their windshield can now enjoy that!

For new users, or those not aware of this Windows 10 compression feature...

LZX compression
is quite amazing on Windows 10, especially if a mod has a lot of Kn5 and DDS files. With an HDD and fast CPU, this does reduce loading times, though it's marginal. Either with SSD or HDD, the files are smaller, so they read faster. The most significant benefit however, is saving disk space. For example, having 1.2GB or so of mods on a 500GB drive! I've been using this for over a year, and it's very reliable and efficient.

Content Manager has this compression feature in the Content > Tools menu to compress your cars and tracks folders. You can also use CompactGUI[2] to compress specific folders (select them by clicking on the blue bar) as well as the extensions folders and others that may contain additional Kn5 and DDS files. In both cases, they only compress new files, so you can compress occasionally as you add new mods.

View attachment 991142

View attachment 991143

Thanks, now I can compress my backup folder as well! I keep a copy of my entire ac database at all times, but the backup is not compressed, so its taking up a lot of my backup storage.

an rF1 or GTR2/GTL version is preferred over GSC/AMS/rF2 due to ease of conversion. The former generally has some useable road mesh, while the rF derivatives tends to use textures to define roads (and are often authored to that standard) and AC uses mesh definitions.
Ill have a dig and see what I can find for you, and will send you a PM

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back