Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,805 comments
It was in RaceDepartment.

did you happen to back it up?

From Fecebook. This is not my mod.

Porsche Carrera GT 2004

It looks like an update by Jandrovi Fisicas. This may not be a recent release--could be from early January. Check your cars folder before installing.

https://sharemods.com/w4itpyuu5ziy/ad_porsche_carrera_gt.rar.html

View attachment 995564

This one seems like it has better shaders than the Forceful one. But Forceful car is overall better.

Last edited by a moderator:
iks
Does anyone know why there is a discrepancy between what this track (Homestead 1996) looks like when imported to 3dsimed and what it looks like in game (NR2003)? I'd love to have this in Assetto Corsa but it looks horrible in 3dsimed. I converted it to rFactor and it looks like it does in 3dsimed, of course. So to recap, does anyone know why it looks smooth in NR2003 in-game but utter ***** in 3dsimed?

3Dsimed
Simply 3dsimed does not preserve:
Normal mapping
Specular mapping
Texture blending

You will need to recreate these with ks(Shaders)

The brightness values that 3dsimed chooses for saving a FBX are at least 2x too bright.
This is just the start of some of the considerations you need to account for and adjust when doing a conversion.

50ggr7.jpg

Last edited:
great news, since I really like the track, it's nice to drive cars, especially vintage ones, it's nice to look around, there are such beauties around ... I found a temporary solution to the problem with road markings, but this option is far from ideal.

pending an update from the authors of the track, you can try my fix for now. but as it turned out, it does not solve absolutely all problems, although the main problem with shadows (and their absence on the road markings is solved).
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/DT5AovNEIAXxMQ
Your fix seems to work perfectly for me. Thank you. And thank you to all involved in bringing this excellent track to us.

Normal mapping
Specular mapping
Texture blending

The brightness values that 3dsimed chooses for saving a FBX are at least 2x too bright.
This is just the start of some of the considerations you need to account for and adjust when doing a conversion.

50ggr7.jpg

Yeah true but this isn't a mapping or texture issue. The actual 3d model is FUBARed somehow. But it sure looks smooth in NR2003. I tried it with another track and it's the same thing.

iks
Yeah true but this isn't a mapping or texture issue. The actual 3d model is FUBARed somehow. But it sure looks smooth in NR2003. I tried it with another track and it's the same thing.

NR2003 is rendering the game in a way that hides much of the lowres aspects (pre-render smoothing), AC cannot (largly) recreate this. This is why most tracks of this type are reworked with modern TSO, textures, trees etc. Again.. (refer to previous meme)

Last edited:
Last weekend the V8's were back at Bathurst for another season.

I've seen some skins for the Super2 Grid but i was wondering if there are skins for the 2021 Supercars Championship or if anyone plains to make any.

Nice looking 3D model and conversion. How up to date is the physics in this "earlier" version?
I found some real stand out inaccuracies for the 2010 908.
Not very up to date. We have reworked the whole physics. To get the new version you have to contact Matteo Vignaroli from ACR via the ACR Facebook page

eTo
Noob question : what does LODs mean ?
Since noone dared to answer you till yesterday, or I've just overread it, so I'd be the dummy here: Level Of Detail.

Simple explanation, if a car is a couple of dozen meters away from you, there is no need to render it in full detail. So if a mod is properly done, a LoDA, B or C gets rendered, depending how far the car is away, which has much lesser details.

Normal mapping
Specular mapping
Texture blending

50ggr7.jpg
Actually the correct mem would be

"One does not do ANYTHING simply in 3DSimEd"

Imagine what a powerful tool it could be it followed normal 3d program style, click and drag an object.. My very last ADHD nerve on edge every time i fire it up..

To this day, were still having a huge riot in front of VirtuaSportsCars, the Youtube channel who won't share these cool car mods to the public. I swear if i see one of their videos, im gonna throw a molotov at their building.

Not sure if it was supposed to or not but I don't think one was using my update as the base, which I though someone said earlier that it was. There are a bunch of skins missing, the hand/wheel synch is off and the shifting animation is different. I haven't checked to see if any of the other updates were missing, those were just the ones I instantly spotted after a minute behind the wheel.
If it never was supposed to have been using my update as the base... please ignore this message lol.
Just like that Cleveland track the other day there have been so many quick updates and revisions I don't know what's what any more, lol.
Forgot to mention that part, as i used your lods and plastered the disco wheels on them. Also the wipers came from your mod.
I'm sorry for using without asking, but in my mind i thought you had shared a mod by someone else, i didn't bother to double check.
It is my fault entirely, if you want i will delete it. I don't want disputes.

Since noone dared to answer you till yesterday, or I've just overread it, so I'd be the dummy here: Level Of Detail.

Simple explanation, if a car is a couple of dozen meters away from you, there is no need to render it in full detail. So if a mod is properly done, a LoDA, B or C gets rendered, depending how far the car is away, which has much lesser details.

Someone did, but thanks anyway !

Hello Nuno, and... you seem to have added 2 more liveries as well? Jan Lammers and Toine Hezemans (both #99)
As a Dutchman, I love seeing these 2 added. Thank you.

1 thing though (and I do not know how to make screenshots in AC...), toggling through the F1 key gives one really strange view with vertical black triangle spikes? Can this possibly be corrected?

Are more liveries to follow (Complete 1979)? Mario Andretti would be really nice (Yes, am a big fan).

View attachment 995527

Like this M1 very much, thank you for sharing. almost ' real' :-)

The Hezemans and Lammers are still WIP, and were not supposed to be shared, if you notice Lammers is identical to Hezemans as i am yet to start it. Next on my list are the B&S Fabrication green and the BMW Motorsport tricolor, in all it's pilots.

Forgot to mention that part, as i used your lods and plastered the disco wheels on them. Also the wipers came from your mod.
I'm sorry for using without asking, but in my mind i thought you had shared a mod by someone else, i didn't bother to double check.
It is my fault entirely, if you want i will delete it. I don't want disputes.
No dispute, no problem at all - you misunderstand. I was just trying to clarify which base car had been used as I noticed the differences to mine and thought someone had said earlier that mine was used as the base. I'm not bothered what happens to any of my updates once they're released so long as any changes are noted properly and the revision is upped, and hopefully released as a new car. Perfectly fine with you taking bits from it if the base car itself hasn't been used. My car borrowed heavily from others too.
There are a bunch of extra liveries on my car too, grab them if you want.
:cheers:

Last edited:
No dispute, no problem at all - you misunderstand. I was just trying to clarify which base car had been used as I noticed the differences to mine and thought someone had said earlier that mine was used as the base. I'm not bothered what happens to any of my updates once they're released so long as any changes are noted properly and the revision is upped, and hopefully released as a new car. Perfectly fine with you taking bits from it if the base car itself hasn't been used. My car borrowed heavily from others too.
There are a bunch of extra liveries on my car too, grab them if you want.
:cheers:
Oh ok.
So to clarify everyone reading this post, the base mod was the one from AC Legends, which borrows the 3D from Pcars1 i believe. The wheels i applied came from Pcars2, the Lods came from Masscot mod (BMW Procar with Lods), which i hammered the wheels onto. The shifter animation came from a Kunos car, can´t remember which. The wiper is entirely Masscot doing. And I recommend the Soundmod from AMA Fmod.
As i stand today, as Masscot mod is more complete than the ACL (lods and wiper), you can swap the data for them to compete with each other. Remember the blurre_dobjects.ini must be deleted.

Oh ok.
So to clarify everyone reading this post, the base mod was the one from AC Legends, which borrows the 3D from Pcars1 i believe. The wheels i applied came from Pcars2, the Lods came from Masscot mod (BMW Procar with Lods), which i hammered the wheels onto. The shifter animation came from a Kunos car, can´t remember which. The wiper is entirely Masscot doing. And I recommend the Soundmod from AMA Fmod.
As i stand today, as Masscot mod is more complete than the ACL (lods and wiper), you can swap the data for them to compete with each other. Remember the blurre_dobjects.ini must be deleted.

Jesus you have completely confused myself now. Could you please update everything and re.pack it so that we can have a proper version which has all the goodies in it? Also, please consider, there are a lot of real life skins available on RD which fit perfectly onto the M1. Or better: I have the updated Bazza car, and only miss the wheels from you. What should I do to have them applied?

To this day, were still having a huge riot in front of VirtuaSportsCars, the Youtube channel who won't share these cool car mods to the public. I swear if i see one of their videos, im gonna throw a molotov at their building.

Was the SF90 they released a couple of days ago not confirmation enough of what has been obvious from the start? That their mods are absolutely terrible? Bear in mind that they have access to all the cars in their channel, so you'd think that they would aim to release one of their best cars as bait to encourage more subscribers and viewers. If the SF90 is one of their best cars then they're doing everyone a favour by not releasing the others. Just forget they even exist and you'll be a lot happier, or even better, learn how to convert a car yourself, it's a complete myth that it's hard work, you only need time and patience to learn.

Jesus you have completely confused myself now. Could you please update everything and re.pack it so that we can have a proper version which has all the goodies in it? Also, please consider, there are a lot of real life skins available on RD which fit perfectly onto the M1. Or better: I have the updated Bazza car, and only miss the wheels from you. What should I do to have them applied?
The confusion arises because Masscot mod came after i started messing with Bazza's mod. From the beginning i had envisioned my contrbution to be an addition for the ACL mod, having both versions compete against each other in a formal grid, that is why the data is unchanged, minus the blurred_objects.ini. When i became aware of the Masscot mod being more complete, i tried to cobble them together so that mine could be more visually appealing, but, Masscot data is different so that can influence the balance between these cars. But, because Masscot and ACL are somewhat similar, you can change the data from my car to that of Masscot, so that they can be unified, under the same physics.
After i fixed a few things this is the most recent version.
https://mega.nz/file/nUsAVAST#o9PDDX3fnNg4RDEEEhZeO1VTf8fZL7AGJH-d_eBWCU8

Last edited:
Was the SF90 they released a couple of days ago not confirmation enough of what has been obvious from the start? That their mods are absolutely terrible? Bear in mind that they have access to all the cars in their channel, so you'd think that they would aim to release one of their best cars as bait to encourage more subscribers and viewers. If the SF90 is one of their best cars then they're doing everyone a favour by not releasing the others. Just forget they even exist and you'll be a lot happier, or even better, learn how to convert a car yourself, it's a complete myth that it's hard work, you only need time and patience to learn.
From the lack of video evidence to the contary I've always suspected that most of their cars don't have cockpits and are only used as clickbait.

The confusion arises because Masscot mod came after i started messing with Bazza's mod. From the beginning i had envisioned my contrbution to be an addition for the ACL mod, having both versions compete against each other in a formal grid, that is why the data is unchanged, minus the blurred_objects.ini. When i became aware of the Masscot mod being more complete, i tried to cobble them together so that mine could be more visually appealing, but, Masscot data is different so that can influence the balance between these cars. But, because Masscot and ACL are somewhat similar, you can change the data from my car to that of Masscot, so that they can be unified, under the same physics.
https://mega.nz/file/jB8wRICZ#snfToPQ_J1r8WYWrNKpSZt8myFb--eJn641VqSDQkhE
Just a quick one, in data/driver3d

[STEER_ANIMATION]
NAME=steer.ksanim
LOCK=240

should be LOCK=360 to synch the hands/steering wheel

Last edited by a moderator:
https://mega.nz/file/nUsAVAST#o9PDDX3fnNg4RDEEEhZeO1VTf8fZL7AGJH-d_eBWCU8
Thank you for re-packing this up. Does this have the physics of the Masscot mod?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back