Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,750 comments
Sure! Anything to overcome inertia then keep the momentum going.
:)

here's what i've got so far - its like 2% done if that, still a few inaccuracies in the mesh I need to sort out, i'll give you the next update on the 9th of July 2038 ;)

Screenshot_honda_nsx_gt3_acc_dragon_trail_no_template_21-3-121-15-32-26.jpg
Screenshot_honda_nsx_gt3_acc_dragon_trail_no_template_21-3-121-15-32-37.jpg
Screenshot_honda_nsx_gt3_acc_dragon_trail_no_template_21-3-121-15-32-45.jpg

Autumnring (update)

autumnring_01.jpg

track features:
* track lights and additional lighting (on some black-spots)
* few replay cams
* rain FX
* grass FX (not working)
* green-semaphores
* low glow to sponsor-ads & surrounding trees
* water shader
* vao

Thanks for sharing this little gem @gutbomb... 👍

Unsure of original author's identity, and if other configuration files are available out there. This mod happen to have all the key-ingredients available - it was just a matter of stitching-it all up into a nifty package. Enjoy.

Rename download txt-file back to its original format & extract <autumnring__ext-config+cams+vao.7z>

Attachments

• autumnring__ext-config+cams+vao_7z.txt
    1.5 MB · Views: 257
Autumnring (update)

View attachment 1005919

track features:
* few replay cams
* rain FX
* grass FX (not working)
* green-semaphores
* water shader
* vao

Unsure of original author's identity, and if other configuration files are available out there. This mod happen to have all the key-ingredients available - it was just a matter of stitching-it all up into a nifty package. Enjoy.

Rename download txt-file back to its original format & extract <autumnring__ext-config+cams+vao.7z>

ISSUE/UPDATE

There's an additional road-layer (for the grid-area) that is not getting the wet effects - just found out this layer is sitting on top of the normal-road-layer...

To sort that out just ADD the following material-name <roadagrid> to the end of the existing material-names, in the appropriate RainFX section of the ext-config.ini file, like so:

[RAIN_FX]
ACTIVE = 1
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = roada98, roada_100, rmbl4, rmbl3.001, roada_101, roada102st, roada237, roada105, roadagrid
SOAKING_MATERIALS = roada98, roada_100, rmbl4, rmbl3.001, roada_101, roada102st, roada237, roada105, roadagrid

Autumnring (update)

View attachment 1005919

track features:
* few replay cams
* rain FX
* grass FX (not working)
* green-semaphores
* water shader
* vao

Installed it and wanted to try but I get this unexpected error window:
unexpected.png

When ALT-TAbbing out of it I get:

cancel.png

Edit: track worked fine before the install.

Edit2: just noticed the above post...maybe that's the issue ?

Edit3: nope that was not it...

Last edited:
Installed it and wanted to try but I get this unexpected error window:
View attachment 1005935

When ALT-TAbbing out of it I get:

View attachment 1005934

Edit: track worked fine before the install.

Edit2: just noticed the above post...maybe that's the issue ?

Edit3: nope that was not it...

Oh nooo Fana, I've checked and double-checked the ext_config.ini, and there's nothing untoward that may be causing the crash-issue you're experiencing... I'm stumped... Check other layouts, etc and come back to advise... Restart CM, all the due-diligence stuff, and see how it goes... Everything is working on my side of course...

edit: It pains me to ask this... please consider trying to install items independently, extension-folder only, if ok then add cams, if all ok then add the vao (whichever order doesn't really matter)...

Last edited:
Hi. i'm new and I don't wanna to read 3400 pages. :) Which classic McLaren F1 mod is the best and most updated? The same question for Bad Boys 2 Porsche 964 3.6 turbo?

Did you install @gutbomb posted one before?
https://sharemods.com/zkk43s26bbc7/autumnring.7z.html
and then the update from @racealot afterwards?
Who knows, just asking... :D
No, I used the Autumn Ring I already had installed.
I tried with different cars, all layouts, changed time of day, changed SOL weather...restarted CM, then restarted my system, tried again...to no avail.

So I DL and installed the @gutbomb track, then the update from @racealot, kept fingers crossed, but the result is the same: game crash...
I suppose I have to keep the original version without updates, that worked fine.

Last edited:
McLaren F1 (road version from 1994)

I´ve spent many, many hours trying to recreate the real performance and behaviour of this car.

Starting from the engine, real dyno curves and real aceleration figures are present. You´ll feel exactly how fast this Mclaren can accelerate with its low weight and >600 bhp.

Gear ratios are accurate. Limited slip diff is 40% on power like the real car. Coast and preload (there’s no data of them) have been tuned after hours of watching videos and comparing.

Steering ratio is accurate. You´ll turn your steering wheel as much as in the real car.

There is data for suspensión rate (1,43 / 1,80 Hz front and rear). It´s a very soft sprung car for such a performance (look at the videos from Tiff Needell, it lifts its nose like a boat and sinks it like a submarine). Like real car, it has mild understeer into the corner and then you can break traction very easily, whatever gear you choose (car has no aids). It´s very important to press throttle like a surgeon if you are below third gear. In Best Motoring videos or the Tiff Needell ones, you can see that the car is a beast under sudden acceleration, so be very careful. Its tyre technology is from the 90’s. Don´t expect a car with Pirelli Trofeo R levels of grip ;)

The car feels like a rocket in fast circuits like Monza (again, be careful at corners, this is no P1 GTR), but feels uncomfortable in slow circuits because of it´s huge acceleration and no aids.

Have fun ;)

(*) In post #63293 you have a comparison video with the real car

Car link: https://sharemods.com/xgcuurz1fi53/jf_mclaren_f1_1994.rar.html

Can someone please add front glass effect to this awesome car? Now looks like mirrors are suspended in the air.244210_20210421181508_1.jpg

No, I used the Autumn Ring I already had installed.
I tried with different cars, all layouts, changed time of day, changed SOL weather...restarted CM, then restarted my system, tried again...to no avail.

So I DL and installed the @gutbomb track, then the update from @racealot, kept fingers crossed, but the result is the same: game crash...
I suppose I have to keep the original version without updates, that worked fine.

Not good to hear Fana...

Here's another left-field approach... I recall you mentioning that you have the BLM Lights app - are you meant to add this track (as an exception maybe) within a file for this app? Unsure if I understood this procedure correctly...

Does gutbomb's track version work on its own?

upload_2021-4-22_2-30-7.png

Last edited:
Not good to hear Fana...

Here's another left-field approach... I recall you mentioning that you have the BLM Lights app - are you meant to add this track (as an exception maybe) within a file for this app? Unsure if I understood this procedure correctly...

Does the gutbomb's track version work on its own?
Sorry, forgot to mention, that's another thing I tried. Didn't help either.
Procedure for conflicting tracks is just to add them to the BLM app excluded list, which solves all related issues. I should add that I had problems with a dozen or so tracks, where in the end the culprit was that the extension.ini files used curved instead of straight (")? It was @slider666 who discovered that. Adjusting all extension.ini files for these tracks resulted in no more issues (even when removed from the excluded list). So now I have no tracks in there...

Edit: yes, @gutbomb version on its own works fine (I only needed to add that extension to get rid of the black grass). It's the same version I had installed.

Last edited:
Procedure for conflicting tracks is just to add them to the BLM app excluded list, which solves all related issues. I should add that I had problems with a dozen or so tracks, where in the end the culprit was that the extension.ini files used curved instead of straight (")? It was @slider666 who discovered that. Adjusting all extension.ini files for these tracks resulted in no more issues (even when removed from the excluded list). So now I have no tracks in there...

Edit: yes, @gutbomb version on its own works fine (I only needed to add that extension to get rid of the black grass). It's the same version I had installed.

Bummer news!

That's bizarre - as suggested previously - try installing items separately, like cams, if ok then add vao-patch, if ok then add the extension-folder last... If by the last stage your system craps-out, then I can assist to edit-proof the ext_config content - once again itemising it separately, like Rain FX on it's own, etc...

If OK by you this can be done via DM (to save space on this thread, as some don't like to read so much :lol:) - I'm keen to know what specific item could be throwing your simgame out???

Silly question, have you double-checked the folder provided here with the extension? Since it is doubled, you must check the autumnring folder in the 7z and extract it once more in the track folder...the track is running fine with racealot´s extension on my end...

Last edited:
Hello everyone! Is anyone here experienced with the URD T5 2015 DTM mod? I heard around that it is one of the best DTM mods out there, but I seem to be completely incapable of replicating real DTM 2015 season lap times with those cars. For example, on my favourite track, Zandvoort, the 2015 qualification pole time was 1:31,266, and the best I can do after an hour in hotlap is 1:40,1!? Can someone confirm if that's just me, or are the URD cars a little too slow?

Also, does anyone know other good contemporary DTM mods?

Hello everyone! Is anyone here experienced with the URD T5 2015 DTM mod? I heard around that it is one of the best DTM mods out there, but I seem to be completely incapable of replicating real DTM 2015 season lap times with those cars. For example, on my favourite track, Zandvoort, the 2015 qualification pole time was 1:31,266, and the best I can do after an hour in hotlap is 1:40,1!? Can someone confirm if that's just me, or are the URD cars a little too slow?

Also, does anyone know other good contemporary DTM mods?

have look at tommy78 dtm pack and velo mods workshop in Opel category

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back