Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,793 comments
Read...you might learn something..like how to use the search function

Very warm welcome for the new guys jeez. You'd think being a bite more human would be better , but nah, let's be cold.
Jesus.

Im with you Stoffel.... Heres a better response: "haha i know it's a lot of pages man, if you use the search function and type in McLaren F1, you will find the posts that have mods and potentially mod reviews. Welcome to the forum! I hope you find what you need!"

I can say for myself, having been on GTPlanet for over 10 years, even i still get confused using this website... for a first timer, oh jeez!

I think it should be sticked post on first page with links to most important things. Thanks

There isnt an easy way to put all the forum pages/links into one area, however if you ask on here, I believe there is an up to date discord someone can link you to where you can take some time to look through and find all the mods!

ISSUE/UPDATE

There's an additional road-layer (for the grid-area) that is not getting the wet effects - just found out this layer is sitting on top of the normal-road-layer...

To sort that out just ADD the following material-name <roadagrid> to the end of the existing material-names, in the appropriate RainFX section of the ext-config.ini file, like so:

[RAIN_FX]
ACTIVE = 1
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = roada98, roada_100, rmbl4, rmbl3.001, roada_101, roada102st, roada237, roada105, roadagrid
SOAKING_MATERIALS = roada98, roada_100, rmbl4, rmbl3.001, roada_101, roada102st, roada237, roada105, roadagrid

With a little update for working grass fx and a vivid vegetation skin.
Extract zip file into track folder.

Attachments

• autumnring_config_skin_update_sliderman.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 235
hmmmmm
upload_2021-4-22_6-16-27.png

followed by
upload_2021-4-22_6-17-29.png

Last edited:
working on this track again, and nearly there, but I have a persitant pain the ass thing going on, the road texture gets very blurry very quickly, problem in orginal track and persists, this is not an anistropic filtering setting, its ONLY on this track it does this, other tracks are fine, so what needs changing at texture level to make it work like other roads? (otherwise ill be switching out textures on it)

this line (and the road actually) i mean, turns to a blurry mess about 20m in front of the car. but you can see other stuff like curbs are fine at the same distance) i feel like its a texture setting?

(and yes, the trees are going, replaced by australian trees from another track, nearly done with that as well. )

Maybe similar to Curvelo with the blurry signs/adboards, the track texture could be saved in the wrong DDS format perhaps? Resave it as DXT5 ARGB 8 bpp with MIP maps generated. Worth a shot.

Silly question, have you double-checked the folder provided here with the extension? Since it is doubled, you must check the autumnring folder in the 7z and extract it once more in the track folder...the track is running fine with racealot´s extension on my end...
Thanks for thinking along.
All has been installed OK, no issue there.
By now I have found that commenting all GRASS_FX lines in the ext_config.ini solves the crash issue. I tried all items but this seems to be the only one with a conflict.
Now I need to try @slider666 fix, to see if that works for me.

EDIT: with @slider666 config (posted above), all is OK too, without further changes. 👍

Last edited:
Maybe similar to Curvelo with the blurry signs/adboards, the track texture could be saved in the wrong DDS format perhaps? Resave it as DXT5 ARGB 8 bpp with MIP maps generated. Worth a shot.

resaved them all using these settings in paint.net
upload_2021-4-22_7-4-35.png

result still the same :( the road completely blurs out just a few meters in front of the car, its terrible.. )
Note if you have the orginal track this part has no changes by me, the road is in eastern_creek2014-p2.kn5,
upload_2021-4-22_7-3-34.png

will be cleaning those terrible trees out of both KN5s, and add in another kn5 trees.kn5 with some trees (and new roadside objects objects.kn5)i nicked out of the grid2019 version of SMSP. nearly there, just a case of moving everything till ti touches the ground now, painful, but somehow cathartic.

assets coming from grid as follows

trees:
upload_2021-4-22_7-12-29.png

new replacement buildings, tents and roadside objects, cranes, cars etc
upload_2021-4-22_7-13-55.png

Last edited:
Okutama v2.2

Screenshot_bacmono_acu_okutama-circuit_21-4-121-22-7-21.jpg
Screenshot_bacmono_acu_okutama-circuit_21-4-121-22-10-52.jpg

Okutama Circuit from GRiD Autosport, original conversion by ACU
Revamped by Reboot Team to v2.2, April 2021
- new environment map added
- new mountain textures added
- new lighting added
- several track skins added
- new AI added
- new water added
- rainFX added including occlusion boxes
- reverb added
- new grass textures and grassFX added
- new track edges added
- new rocks added
- new normals added
- new/missing models added (camera gantries, vehicles etc)
- animated/flaring balloons added
- animated/patrolling helicopters added
- animated blimp added
- animated airliners added
- new crowds added
- new cameramen and marshals added
- holes and z-fighting fixed
- general optimisations and bug fixes

https://www.mediafire.com/file/u7mt24yzqlrd0uh/acu_okutama-circuit.RebootTeam2.2.7z/file

Okutama v2.2

View attachment 1005990 View attachment 1005991

Okutama Circuit from GRiD Autosport, original conversion by ACU
Revamped by Reboot Team to v2.2, April 2021
- new environment map added
- new mountain textures added
- new lighting added
- several track skins added
- new AI added
- new water added
- rainFX added including occlusion boxes
- reverb added
- new grass textures and grassFX added
- new track edges added
- new rocks added
- new normals added
- new/missing models added (camera gantries, vehicles etc)
- animated/flaring balloons added
- animated/patrolling helicopters added
- animated blimp added
- animated airliners added
- new crowds added
- new cameramen and marshals added
- holes and z-fighting fixed
- general optimisations and bug fixes

https://www.mediafire.com/file/u7mt24yzqlrd0uh/acu_okutama-circuit.RebootTeam2.2.7z/file

Thanks Masscot. I've been waiting for this update :)

Is that the one in Croatia?

This is in North Carolina.

Last edited by a moderator:
resaved them all using these settings in paint.net
View attachment 1005985
result still the same :( the road completely blurs out just a few meters in front of the car, its terrible.. )
Note if you have the orginal track this part has no changes by me, the road is in eastern_creek2014-p2.kn5,
View attachment 1005984

will be cleaning those terrible trees out of both KN5s, and add in another kn5 trees.kn5 with some trees (and new roadside objects objects.kn5)i nicked out of the grid2019 version of SMSP. nearly there, just a case of moving everything till ti touches the ground now, painful, but somehow cathartic.

assets coming from grid as follows

trees:
View attachment 1005987
new replacement buildings, tents and roadside objects, cranes, cars etc
View attachment 1005989

Have you tried setting AF in NVIDIA to 16X and disable it in AC?

Be careful guys, the recent update destroys again all installed soundmods on Kunos cars and brings back the default Kunos skins or cars if you have deleted them. A PITA. :banghead:

I updated and I can't find any default Kunos skins brought back, I checked on the 911 Cup which I'm 100% sure I deleted a lot of them and they're still gone. I haven't been able to check the sounds though.

Haven't seen any old skins reappear yet myself but the update was only 969kb, so I doubt would bring back these old files including audio.

Last edited:
wanted to build a racetrack based on real roads, but dont have the money to buy RTB, anyone got any tutorials on how to do it with blender/3dsmax? Really want to bring these roads to AC but still dont know where to start

Thanks Masscot. I've been waiting for this update :)

This is in North Carolina.

Brock Yates gave me the ride of my life on that stretch of road. He was the absolute master of roads he hadn't seen before, i.e., 'first take.' The only driver I ever rode with who was better was Phil Hill, who seemed to have 'helicopter vision': he could see oncoming traffic around turns and over hills and tuck into the right lane just in the nick.

I think it should be sticked post on first page with links to most important things.
Thanks

Hello Pete82.
What is important for me, might not be for you and vice versa.

Hello everyone! Is anyone here experienced with the URD T5 2015 DTM mod? I heard around that it is one of the best DTM mods out there, but I seem to be completely incapable of replicating real DTM 2015 season lap times with those cars. For example, on my favourite track, Zandvoort, the 2015 qualification pole time was 1:31,266, and the best I can do after an hour in hotlap is 1:40,1!? Can someone confirm if that's just me, or are the URD cars a little too slow?

Also, does anyone know other good contemporary DTM mods?

Hello Brod3qu1n.
I believe the main goal is having fun. And not matching the lap time of the pole of 2015... :odd:

I updated and I can't find any default Kunos skins brought back, I checked on the 911 Cup which I'm 100% sure I deleted a lot of them and they're still gone. I haven't been able to check the sounds though.

no problems here, until now, I saw the files in the installation folder, I just got update to acs.exe and a new font called: bmw, sounds works fine, I use the original soundbanks, none sound mod...

Last edited:
Meantime Perendinator provided another piece of art, for free!

Thank you Legion.

https://perendinator.blogspot.com/?...BobsEpyIJXoGYrDxAEdXeEK0-jjR7R-Uby6YIh-JfuIAk
preview.jpg

Possibly I haven't understood but you appear to be contradicting yourself here Paulo.
Hi Peri, never mind. Just ignore please.
I see what you mean. I should reply in different posts.
Nevertheless the aim of my question being not the same. (track mod/car mod combo game vs. RL track/car/driver/weather, etc...)

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Not Sure if this was already Posted.

Released.
1983/86 Alpus 260S (Volvo B10M Chassis)
Built In: Idk, Prob Russia or Kazakhstan?
Spec:
Diesel Turbocharged Engine with 251hp & 1050 Nm with 2200 RPM Redline.
6-Speed Manual....
Features: Doors Animation, Rain FX Support, Lightings. Interior Manual Gearbox Animations (Currently WIP release), And few more things. Such as School Bus Sign Panel Opening/Closing with light. bind as Extra C, (Front and Rear are Binded as Extra A & B.)
22 Liverys
1 Plain White Skin (For Metallic Paint Job)
Templates Inculded.
Credits
Physics: Mixed
Sounds: Myself
Model: Converted from OMSI 2
Download: https://mega.nz/file/j0xXzCRD#1dk2RpODByoS6kf4utxzpldutTv_a9zyT5fDt-w1HEQ
(Updated, Fixed Autoshift so AI can drive, Improved Suspension, Changed Sound Position to Rear.)

20210414-001340-ks_vallelunga-bk_bus_alpus_260s-ACP_Natural_Scifi.jpg 20210414-001409-ks_vallelunga-bk_bus_alpus_260s-ACP_Natural_Scifi.jpg 20210414-001429-ks_vallelunga-bk_bus_alpus_260s-ACP_Natural_Scifi.jpg 20210414-001443-ks_vallelunga-bk_bus_alpus_260s-ACP_Natural_Scifi.jpg 20210413-230358-ks_vallelunga-bk_bus_alpus_260s-ACP_Natural_Scifi.jpg

Cheers, Bruce Kelt.

I'll Try My Best to be active here.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back