Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,772 comments
Hey folks. Kinda new to the world of Assetto Corsa. Well, late to realising how good it is.

Been playing around a bit lately with some of the amazing freeroam tracks out there, however I'm having some trouble with traffic. They will often just stop someone, and never start again within that session. I'll find the same cars spawned further on still stationary.

I feel like I saw a post mentioning it a while back while browsing, but unfortunately can't recall what it said to do.

I'm hoping some of your wonderful folks could help me work it out.

Thanks in advance.

Just watched season 3 finale of MAGNUM P.I.
Gave me an idea for some afternoon fun.

View attachment 1009764 View attachment 1009765 View attachment 1009762 View attachment 1009763

Yes I know it's the 488 Pista Spider and not the 488 GTO Spider but the Pista is the better mod.

We have Magnum's Ferrari 308 GTS already in AC (mod by GeroDa74), even with a skin for the license plate:

upload_2021-5-9_9-37-33.png

Hey folks. Kinda new to the world of Assetto Corsa. Well, late to realising how good it is.

Been playing around a bit lately with some of the amazing freeroam tracks out there, however I'm having some trouble with traffic. They will often just stop someone, and never start again within that session. I'll find the same cars spawned further on still stationary.

I feel like I saw a post mentioning it a while back while browsing, but unfortunately can't recall what it said to do.

I'm hoping some of your wonderful folks could help me work it out.

Thanks in advance.

I found in the past if I adjusted the Custom Shaders AI settings section in Content Manager it helped to the give the spawns boosts to quickly gain speed so they are already moving when they come into view. But then AI Flood was still broken as cars would pile up in large slow queues and with 2 way free roam traffic it would seem to be more one sided rather than both ways after a few minutes of driving. I knew this wasn't just me as just about every other YouTube videos showed these exact faults so was just a fundamental problem with the AI Flood at the time.

But good timing as yesterday Ilja just released a new Shaders Preview update on his Patreon which focuses on resolving these issues, especially the natural flow of traffic for free roam tracks and fixes for 2 way traffic AI paths. I haven't had time to test it out yet today but sounds promising and even if you don't have Patreon this will eventually be a free update if you are just willing to wait longer.

Last edited:
Probably something I'm doing wrong at my end then. Thanks for checking :)
After testing another another couple of laps and playing around with the SOL planner app (auto different weather) now and then I indeed noticed some flickering tree in the far distance as well as the large camera stand somewhere half way the track.

After testing another another couple of laps and playing around with the SOL planner app (auto different weather) now and then I indeed noticed some flickering tree in the far distance as well as the large camera stand somewhere half way the track.

Ah, so it is a problem. I thought I was going mad for a moment there!

Lyngas Rallycross v0.01
- GTR2 convert
- 1 pit, GrassFx, no AI, no cams, no nothing

I give up... it's just not working out
(I will no longer be maintaining this track)
: download :

oh!! a local track. they've built houses on this site now. Anyone up for adding more pits so i can run this with some friends?

Updated the sidelines and pit lane, created a map, and added a few hints (spotting a trend?) to help with F1's. Original fast lane seemed fine.

I like the new layout, flows much better IMO. I thnk he already revised folder structure now. BTW needs cams...anyone?

Barcelona Layout GP 2021 sidelines, pit, map fix:

https://mega.nz/file/rghgwTrD#OC3EYxPG8UH68DOWGxiXwsf880uSNkT8d53YAJb4Fb0

Forgot, this is getting tiresome- delete those damn .bin files and the pit lane with grid.ai file. Ahhggghh!

Would you mind if I integrated these fixes in the next update ? (with kudos of course ;))

Lam
I've tried to look onto AC Custom Shaders discord for a lights config for Gedinne, with no aveil. If someone knowledged could make one, please do!
I have tried to make a light config but with no luck. Impossible to find the right Material in kseditor to do so.

Lime Rock Park Version 1.0 by the Reboot Team

On behalf of the Reboot Team, this is a much revised version of Lime Rock Park:
  • New GrassFX config
  • New RainFX config
  • New water config
  • New night lighting including mobile generators
  • New dynamic balloons, helicopters and airliners
  • Fixed trees (shading correct)
  • New AI and borders
  • New road mesh and groove
  • Updated UI, geotags, description, loading screens, logos
  • New crowds, track furniture and vehicles
  • Performance tweaks (more FPS & lower draw calls)
  • Added missing track lines at kerbs
  • Fixed holes in distant terrain
  • Various shader and texture tweaks

Enjoy and please share away - just please use the provided link so any updates and fixes can be kept in one central source.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8pnw5ceo5cx7y09/rt_lime_rock_park.7z/file
Am i confused or did they not already do Limerock Park? was the old one a beta?

I found in the past if I adjusted the Custom Shaders AI settings section in Content Manager it helped to the give the spawns boosts to quickly gain speed so they are already moving when they come into view. But then AI Flood was still broken as cars would pile up in large slow queues and with 2 way free roam traffic it would seem to be more one sided rather than both ways after a few minutes of driving. I knew this wasn't just me as just about every other YouTube videos showed these exact faults so was just a fundamental problem with the AI Flood at the time.

But good timing as yesterday Ilja just released a new Shaders Preview update on his Patreon which focuses on resolving these issues, especially the natural flow of traffic for free roam tracks and fixes for 2 way traffic AI paths. I haven't had time to test it out yet today but sounds promising and even if you don't have Patreon this will eventually be a free update if you are just willing to wait longer.

Thanks so much. Will go sign up there now and give it a look. You're a legend :D

Don't think so. I also noticed the flickering trees (but that is also the case in the Gilles conversion).
What I do have here is that part of the grass is very bright, almost white (latest CSP version).

I was going to do a replacement texture for a few things (including the grass) but the flickering trees issue would need to be fixed to motivate me to do this.
Like I said in my initial post, they put me off keeping the track in my collection, and I don't want to spend time replacing textures on a track that I wouldn't be keeping.

Last edited:
Last edited:
For those of you who downloaded my edit of Gilles' Snetterton ´67 posted here by Lam, here's a new version many little important shader-adjustments + some other little stuff I'm too busy to keep track on.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/deua7ee0mi349k3/snetterton67.rar/file

Seems like a lot of Gilles' track are getting attention just now. :D I've always told that they have a lot of hidden potential. :cheers:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back