Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,230 comments
Are you sure you had @racealot 's skin active? Click it on and off a few times. It's definitely darkened the terrain for me, although the hills now look a little pale by comparison.
@racealot were the hills included in the retouch?

View attachment 1012710

Top-view image from original WIP post - toned areas are skin-related...

ddm_gts_willow_springs__with-skin-jpg.1011776

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2487#post-13413265

OK. complete shutdown and restart of CM made it work. strange. and yes its a bit better. but still lacking red channel?
At least playable now without giving me arc eyes.

View attachment 1012711

stranger is that it must be a shader thing, because in 3dsimed it looks like this, full to the brim of red channel.. and the texture have what they need?

unknown.png

looks kinda right to me

upload_2021-5-23_22-35-16.png

picture taken in november tho, raw straight from my camera.

Are you sure you had @racealot 's skin active? Click it on and off a few times. It's definitely darkened the terrain for me, although the hills now look a little pale by comparison.
@racealot were the hills included in the retouch?

View attachment 1012710

OK. complete shutdown and restart of CM made it work. strange. and yes its a bit better. but still lacking red channel?
At least playable now without giving me arc eyes.

View attachment 1012711

stranger is that it must be a shader thing, because in 3dsimed it looks like this, full to the brim of red channel.. and the texture have what they need?

Looks as if it has JUST passed the scrupulous-test thus far... Good to hear - retouching all images (including far terrain and mountains) would have been a headache - so many images...

Last edited:
Looks as if it has JUST passed the scrupulous-test thus far... Good to hear - retouching all images (including far terrain and mountains) would have been a headache - so many images...

Do you guys also use the "Mike08" skin which came with the original download?

of course
all views are active

date: 09/10/2020
at 5:30 PM
weather: kunos mid clear
ppf: natural exsposure 100
csp: 1.70
car: mazda mx5
Ah, thanks - so fairly low autumn sun then. It's with high summer sun angles that the terrain goes really bright for me.

Did you tweak them all individually or as a one-hit batch edit for consistent values across the whole set?

Last edited by a moderator:
The following are some comparison pics with and without the toned-skin... I drive mostly from cockpit and bonnet views, and the closer-fields (not so much the distant terrain) were hectically too bright - what's it like with VR?

ws__comparison-timed-pics.jpg

Currently using: CSP 175 P1, Sol 2.1, Sol_Extra filter

Did you tweak them all individually or as a one-hit batch edit for consistent values across the whole set?

There were only two files edited (and applied a consistent 35% shader to the entire image)... FYI, @TheRealCeeBee may be right on the money here, whereby he mentioned the missing red-channel from some image DDS files...

I don’t think there was an “official” RT release of Long Beach. I’m guessing he’s referring to the WIP version by Terra21, which (I think) has been updated here and there. Terra21 was 1/2 of the original Reboot team.
Yes it is, now I realized that Gutbomb actually have it in his review list so my mistake.

Why is the tarmac white for me?

???

What have you done to your PC there???. Setups, etc... Have you been maintaining your hard/software... It's really bizarre that only a handful of members are almost terminally affected by this track... White tarmac you say??? Where do you begin to look under the bonnet??? Oh, that would be an easier task... Begin to eliminate what could be causing the abovementioned issue... Let me know what you've tried and lets go from there...

i am also testing stuff right now with DDM.
with new textures and stuff...

you can see DDM's other GT textures on my screens down there:

BUT, i just realized even with SOL ppfilters there are HUGE differences:

SOL color neutral filter:
Screenshot_dpw_subaru_impreza_wrx_sti_ddm_gts_willow_springs_23-4-121-23-4-36.jpg

SOL standard: (even with with red toned and darker textures it looks too bright)
Screenshot_dpw_subaru_impreza_wrx_sti_ddm_gts_willow_springs_23-4-121-23-3-7.jpg

so i guess, all brightness problems are also heavily depend on the ppfilter you use.

for example here is my filter, i am just tweaking around with right now (it also looks good on other tracks):
Screenshot_dpw_subaru_impreza_wrx_sti_ddm_gts_willow_springs_23-4-121-20-50-25.jpg

it will be hard to satisfy everyone.

???

What have you done to your PC there???. Setups, etc... Have you been maintaining your hard/software... It's really bizarre that only a handful of members are almost terminally affected by this track... White tarmac you say??? Where do you begin to look under the bonnet??? Oh, that would be an easier task... Begin to eliminate what could be causing the abovementioned issue... Let me know what you've tried and lets go from there...

With all due respect, since this is the only track affected, my PC will stay the way it is.
I am just mentioning it because I thought it would be of interest to the group here.
If I am the only one with the white tarmac, don't worry about it, I will survive.

i am also testing stuff right now with DDM.
with new textures and stuff...

you can see DDM's other GT textures on my screens down there:

BUT, i just realized even with SOL ppfilters there are HUGE differences:

SOL color neutral filter:
View attachment 1012726

SOL standard: (even with with red toned and darker textures it looks too bright)
View attachment 1012727

so i guess, all brightness problems are also heavily depend on the ppfilter you use.

for example here is my filter, i am just tweaking around with right now (it also looks good on other tracks):
View attachment 1012728

it will be hard to satisfy everyone.

Hear you loud and clear... Tend to stick to a few filters, with SOL variants in use mostly - cause these are generally what most of us are using... So when applying fixes and the like, I tend to use SOL-Extra... Then test-it across other filters, edit - review - etc...

Here it is... the mega-update for the Willow Springs track...

View attachment 1012699

Mod Features: (all layouts - big, htm, sow, sow_l & sow_m)
- track lighting
- rain FX
- many cams, including some action close-ups
- background screen images
- CM/CSP required
- original ext_config file included (backup)...

- new fast/pit AI lanes for big & htm layouts
- new pit AI lane for all sow layouts

- tarmac skin for htm layout
- toned-inner-field skin covering all layouts

DOWNLOAD LINK

thank you mate!!!! for showing some alternatives!
and thanks for the additional stuff!!
:cheers:
we are on the right way with comparing also with your stuff.

With all due respect, since this is the only track affected, my PC will stay the way it is.
I am just mentioning it because I thought it would be of interest to the group here.
If I am the only one with the white tarmac, don't worry about it, I will survive.

Got that thanks... But seriously now... I would really like to hunt-down the gremlin that is causing that effect on your PC - if desired just PM to discuss in more detail...

Last edited:
There were only two files edited (and applied a consistent 35% shader to the entire image)... FYI, @TheRealCeeBee may be right on the money here, whereby he mentioned the missing red-channel from some image DDS files...
we have just been poking a stick at this in discord.. definately shader issue, maybe CSP issue, not sure, but

upload_2021-5-24_7-29-15.png

results in (middle hill)
unknown.png

ohhhhh nevermind, @mascott just saying he found the issue.. Sol apparently

edit: Yup SOL for sure. Leave it to him to post up his test results. Now we need to try figure out why SOL hates this track and not others... pretty sure its in those shaders..

Edit: so.. turn off weatherFX (sol) and default midday looks like so.. (and a nice FPS bump too!) so definately something about the shaders and sol do not like each other.. using the good old normal Natural_Mod PP on 100% exposure.

The original Mike08 skin.
upload_2021-5-24_7-47-23.png

and the racealot skin
upload_2021-5-24_7-50-47.png

and both? not sure if they work like that?
upload_2021-5-24_7-52-11.png

but, common denominator is SOL is turned off..
upload_2021-5-24_7-48-5.png

ohhhhh nevermind, @mascott just saying he found the issue.. Sol apparently

edit: Yup SOL for sure. Leave it to him to post up his test results. Now we need to try figure out why SOL hates this track and not others... pretty sure its in those shaders..
Yeah, like @Mike08 says above, PPF seems really important with this track for some reason.
It seems hyper-sensitive to Sol for some reason.
As a test I unticked the WeatherFX extension in CM > CSP settings and it looks a lot better with vanilla weather.
Seems either Sol hates Willow Springs or Willow Springs hates Sol.
I'll try that Sol colour neutral filter that @Mike08 shows above... it's a huge improvement.

Yeah, like @Mike08 says above, PPF seems really important with this track for some reason.
As a test I unticked the WeatherFX extension in CM > CSP settings and it looks a lot better with vanilla weather.
I'll try that Sol colour neutral filter that @Mike08 shows above... it's a huge improvement.
we tested that one previously, try it in a tintop car and you will find your car interior becomes super dark. I think effectively its jsut darkening everything again instead of fixing overexposed stuff. but. that said, we dont really need car interior to race so if it fixes it then its the way to go.

Odd other tracks are not afflicted by this issue..

With all skins enabled and _Sol_color_neutral_Linear the track looks good to me...finally.
But it is stille strange that I need to change PP filter for this track, while the other 398 installed ones are OK with my usual settings.

Got that thanks... But seriously now... I would really would like to hunt-down the gremlin that is causing that effect on your PC - if desired just PM to discuss in more detail...

Found the issue, when using the last recommended CSP version the road are white, when using the latest untested, 1.75, I think, the road are nice and gray as expected.

Last edited:
Mid June, midday, windy weather, Sol colour_neutral_Linear filter. No track skins active.
WS looks better than I've ever seen it before on my PC. Clouds have their contrast back as well.

Screenshot_rt_bacmono_ddm_gts_willow_springs_23-5-121-22-56-48.jpg

...and the same, but with @racealot 's skin active:

Screenshot_rt_bacmono_ddm_gts_willow_springs_23-5-121-23-3-47.jpg

Maybe too dark now, especially with the hills being contrastingly light. I think all the terrain textures might need editing, not just the infield.

we tested that one previously, try it in a tintop car and you will find your car interior becomes super dark. I think effectively its jsut darkening everything again instead of fixing overexposed stuff. but. that said, we dont really need car interior to race so if it fixes it then its the way to go.

Odd other tracks are not afflicted by this issue..
I though you tried Sol_colour_neutral_Sensitometric, not Sol_colour_neutral_Linear..?
Edit: yeah, it is kind of like wearing lightly-tinted sunglasses.
I need to find a way to get that contrast permanently back in the clouds though. With that filter the Windy clouds look angry and full of the threat of rain.
With the basic Sol filter they're just a mushy white/light grey blend.

so.. turn off weatherFX (sol) and default midday looks like so.. (and a nice FPS bump too!) so definately something about the shaders and sol do not like each other.. using the good old normal Natural_Mod PP on 100% exposure.

The original Mike08 skin.
View attachment 1012743

but, common denominator is SOL is turned off..
View attachment 1012744

..again. my skin, delivered with the track, is not changing the terrain.

@racealot
is it inteded, that your lights update just put lights everywhere? even when there is no light source on the track?
looking unnatural on my end now, in night and rain racing.

if ya wanna take it for a spin , 7 layouts all with AI
needs sum work on it still

https://mega.nz/file/XcNm3ZoC#58wuOVcevuoq1pAuK1N8Pc99Qep2-X_fC_5xfvHRk6Q
Already pretty good I'd say. 👍
But though I can drive the layouts, for four of them I can't produce an outline.
I get this message:

Can’t update outline:
D3D11_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND: File not found (-2005139454)

At first I thought it was because maps were missing or incorrect. So I made new ones, but still not possible to generate outlines.
Never seen this before.
Any idea ?

Edit: I obviously can take the new made maps and change the name into outline.png, but that is not how it is supposed to work.

Last edited:
These skins look marvellous as always, well done! Do you have any plans to do the 2018-2019 red and black WEC and 2018 Le Mans liveries with TVR and/or the Union Jack on the bonnet as well? I guess then we would have a complete skin set
thank you. maybe if i find the time, just very busy with work right now and just made those skins to relax on my days off.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back