Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,770 comments
What is the best version of Sebring please?

None that I have tried are authentically bumpy but I would say click on the link in the signature of the fellow that posted above you and go to 'Other Tracks' section to download the one there, it is down at the bottom.

Yeah, i've asked around but no luck except the one Legion did some stuff on for me. Still old versions of the track with the wrong layout.

I just watched the onboards from Chris Haye's video again and couldn't spot any differences in layout between the RRE and AC versions. The AC version has a no-chicane layout and all the other turns look the same to me.

Attachments

• valerbanen_rre.png
    valerbanen_rre.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
so I am wanting to try to start my hand at some modding. I am wanting to try to take on the URD cars which have no animated wipers. What is a good tutorial for learning this? Has someone already fixed these mods that were never updated? For instance, none of their DTM cars have animated wipers and the Mercedes CLK GTR GT1 does but flops all over the place when you drive it. I am wanting to fix these.

Sure, let me know I've left that broken and I can fix it myself. (or if you already did that please forgive me for overlooking it)

Thanks for fixing the spawn position. Please feel free to include my RainFX configs in the download or upload to the CSP github.

I just watched the onboards from Chris Haye's video again and couldn't spot any differences in layout between the RRE and AC versions. The AC version has a no-chicane layout and all the other turns look the same to me.

Ultimately the same source, as AC's convert comes from STCC the Game, made by the same Company that became R3E

Thanks for fixing the spawn position. Please feel free to include my RainFX configs in the download or upload to the CSP github.

Will do. Thanks. :cheers:

anyone got rainfx config for donington2018?

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = Road?, Paddock, Pitlane?
SOAKING_MATERIALS = Road?, Paddock, Pitlane?
ROUGH_MATERIALS = ground1004, TrackEdge
SMOOTH_MATERIALS =
LINES_MATERIALS = TrackLines

@Cozy61 might have a better version, haven't found it in RD though

Its the one thing that made me think about buying a 6DOF platform.. except.. well.. the tracks (mostly) that we have in simracing dont have that fidelity so it would be a waste of time probably.

without going to motion, which is great, you might want to get tactile.
Tactile will make you feel the bumpiness of the track surface much better than in the wheel FFB.
For example many complain that R3E tracks are too smooth, but with tactile I can feel the bumps just fine, same with many AC tracks.
Too much bumpiness is not a natural/realistic feeling in a wheel FFB and can be downright annoying.

The AC version has a no-chicane layout and all the other turns look the same to me

can you share a link for Valerbanen?

Last edited:
I'm over 5000 hours in AC (much more than any other) so I don't have to say how much I love this game. But from the sims I'm regularily using (rf2, R3E, AMS 1/2, iRacing) the AI in AC is by far the worst. No, I'm not doing those amateur mistakes mentioned before. I was told so many times it's me, I started to analyze my replays and still doing so occasionally. Sometimes I'm still surprised it was my mistake, but in most of the cases the AI just ruin my race.
OK, but why people are saying the opposite then? I think we are not using the game the same way. My favourite race mode is starting last and trying to finish highest possible. It's definitely the most demanding for AI but I'm doing the same in all of the other sims. Very rarely have problem with the other ones, in AC there is significantly more trouble.
The pace of the AI is also very poor compared to other sims. On most of the tracks they are painfully slow, all official tracks included.
Oh, and almost forgot to mention the chaotic start, because I'm so much used to it, I always wait 5 sec after green and catching them after the first corner. In other sims the start is much much better.
Yeah, AI sucks, it's not the end of the world, there is so much else to love.

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = Road?, Paddock, Pitlane?
SOAKING_MATERIALS = Road?, Paddock, Pitlane?
ROUGH_MATERIALS = ground1004, TrackEdge
SMOOTH_MATERIALS =
LINES_MATERIALS = TrackLines

@Cozy61 might have a better version, haven't found it in RD though

I've got this one, but no idea where I got it:

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = Road, RoadMid, RoadDark, PitlaneTarmac, PitlaneConcrete, Kerb, PitlaneExit, RoadGravel
SOAKING_MATERIALS = Road, RoadMid, RoadDark, PitlaneTarmac, PitlaneConcrete
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = Armco, Cones, ArmcoPainted, Car, Ambulance
ROUGH_MATERIALS = ground?, Marshalls, People
LINES_MATERIALS = TrackLines, PitLaneLines, StartGrid
STREAM_EDGE_... = -192.17, 102.09, 95.57, -221.56, 102.09, 95.27
STREAM_EDGE_... = -221.46, 99.61, 76.98, -215.54, 100.2, 45.62

without going to motion, which is great, you might want to get tactile.
Tactile will make you feel the bumpiness of the track surface much better than in the wheel FFB.
For example many complain that R3E tracks are too smooth, but with tactile I can feel the bumps just fine, same with many AC tracks.
Too much bumpiness is not a natural/realistic feeling and can be downright annoying.

can you share a link for Valerbanen?

Valerbanen by Legion updated
https://perendinator.blogspot.com/search/label/Other Tracks

Last edited:
- AI Aggression - I haven't done enough testing to really say this with much conviction, but I'm pretty sure that set at 100%, this simply puts the AI right on the edge of their driving limit, meaning you're far more likely to see stupid overtake attempts, inconsistency in leaving space and other anomalies (it will also highlight any AI line/side line/hint problems for a track). In my races, the AI are set from 40 up to about 80% depending on car/track combo and they tend to be more consistent as a result, I find it's mostly about trying to find a balance between a procession and reckless divebombing.

At least personally I try to keep the aggression below 50% because thats what I suspect is happening. But I can't say if it does much if at all. Doing multi-class stuff I even try to turn the slower class's aggression down.

Oh trust me, I don't like the Forza AI in its current implementation but it is a much better system. A neural network that learns from players rather than being based off of one AI file is a great idea. Of course that means it learns bad techniques, such as divebombing and deliberately using other cars to brake, but it does it in a way that feels like playing with randoms in an online race. If they took that tech and put it in a proper sim, and made the drivers follow general racing rules, it would be incredible.

I agree that the principal is good and also that if implemented correctly it would be excellent. It's unfortunate that the system in its current state is all but a massive scam by Turn 10, with no discernible difference between the drivatar of someone who's never played the game and a top ten leaderboard drivertar, all of course encompassed by massive levels of rubberbanding.

At least personally I try to keep the aggression below 50% because thats what I suspect is happening. But I can't say if it does much if at all. Doing multi-class stuff I even try to turn the slower class's aggression down.

Can be good on wider tracks with plenty of passing spots but 40-50% on a tighter street circuit and you'll end up with one big 'follow the leader', sometimes you just have to increase it and accept a bit more carnage.

if my memory serves me, then someone from kunos wrote on the official website ac that the "aggressiveness" setting is responsible for how far bots can go off the track when overtaking / attacking

On the subject of AC's AI, I've noticed something recently that I never expected; the speed/power of your machine also effects the AI. I've just upgraded to a brand new machine, and one of the first things I noticed was that the AI (and the FFB) were both completely different. I found the FFB much better than before, and the AI more aggresive, but also faster than before. And that's using the exact same settings in CM. I suspect that the greater availability of CPU cycles has more impact than I thought, and I suspect that's also why we get so many differing opinions about the AI. I used to think they're terrible, now I don't really think so. They're not perfect, but neither am I... :)

Last edited:
On the subject of AC's AI, I've noticed something recently that I never expected; the speed/power of your machine also effects the AI. I've just upgraded to a brand new machine, and one of the first things I noticed was that the AI (and the FFB) were both completely different. I found the FFB much better than before, and the AI more aggresive, but also faster than before. And that's using the exact same settings in CM. I suspect that the greater availability of CPU cycles has more impact than I thought, and I suspect that's also why we get so many differing opinions about the AI. I used to think they're terrible, now I don't really think so. They're not perfect, but neither am I... :)
Yeas the amount of ai definitely affects the CPU. I keep them to a max of 15 these days.

Last edited:
anyone got rainfx config for donington2018?

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = Road, RoadDark, RoadMid, PitlaneConcrete, PitlaneTarmac, Kerb
SOAKING_MATERIALS = Road, RoadDark, RoadMid, PitlaneConcrete, PitlaneTarmac, StartGantrySign, PitlaneBuildingWalls, MelbourneThing
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = PitlaneGrandstand, PitlaneBuilding, GoddardsBuilding, PaddockBuildings, PitEndSign, StarkeysWarehouse
ROUGH_MATERIALS = ground1004, Infield1, Car, FenceMesh, Armco, Walls, ground1002

;Starting Line Bridge
STREAM_EDGE_... = -221.74, 99.72, 78.6, -215.45, 99.73, 45.43
STREAM_EDGE_... = -217, 99.75, 44.8, -223.41, 99.71, 78.62

;GoddardsBuilding
STREAM_EDGE_... = -118.38, 99.8, 123.74, -115.47, 99.69, 107.53
STREAM_EDGE_... = -115.53, 99.76, 107.63, -167.52, 99.71, 98.18

STREAM_EDGE_... = -171.29, 99.72, 118.76, -157.4, 99.76, 121.25
STREAM_EDGE_... = -157.01, 99.69, 119.83, -145.03, 99.75, 121.97
STREAM_EDGE_... = -144.63, 99.73, 120.78, -133.06, 99.68, 122.76
STREAM_EDGE_... = -132.61, 100.1, 122.61, -118.58, 99.79, 123.87

;PitlaneGrandstand
STREAM_EDGE_... = -192.18, 102.19, 95.58, -221.78, 101.09, 99.76

;PitlaneBuilding
STREAM_EDGE_... = -226.64, 104.45, 92.99, -233.22, 103.76, 91.87
STREAM_EDGE_... = -231.86, 98.41, 91.91, -250, 98.42, 88.46
STREAM_EDGE_... = -249.96, 99.81, 88.85, -299.54, 99.8, 79.41
STREAM_EDGE_... = -295.59, 95.77, 80.53, -332.45, 95.78, 73.51
STREAM_EDGE_... = -332.37, 95.32, 73.54, -367.42, 95.33, 66.87
STREAM_EDGE_... = -367.39, 94.81, 66.88, -402.77, 94.83, 60.16

;PaddockBuildings
STREAM_EDGE_... = -402.41, 94.64, 57.96, -409.46, 94.61, 56.78

;MelbourneThing
STREAM_EDGE_... = -426.14, 100.03, 202.81, -425.42, 100, 202.98
STREAM_EDGE_... = -425.42, 100, 202.98, -424.14, 100.05, 201.9

Anyone else have issues with sector timing with Reboot Sonoma? It doesn't have Sector 2, Sector 1 seems to be both 1 and 2, so without a Sector 2 time, I never get an actual lap time.

@slider666 of course we are not aware of the other works, so it happens :D

I fixed something that look too bright on your side, i've used your own, but with the grass corrected sgader settings i have strange black spots around the grass. For the trees, they are amazing now

Mine (with some of your ADJ):
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.05.29 - 19.56.53.54.png

With your
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE= 1
DESCRIPTION= grass corrected shader settings
MATERIALS= ?GRASS?
PROP_... = ksAlphaRef, -193

Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.05.29 - 19.57.09.37.png

Don't know why

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back