Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,796 comments
all stop.. unconfirmed rumour the Jarama track will come from a new source by a different modder...
(apologies for the off road section, i had to stop to see if a sign board with a big red love heart on it actually reads HOOKER

Well, I hope that Jarama is better than the ones that exist, that track is 12km from my house, and I have several laps there with my e36.

It is rare to run in the simulator a track that you have run in real life, the same thing happened to me with the Nurburgring, the difference is a lot, thanks to the simulator you know if the curve is to the right or left, but that's all, for example in the Nurburgring Even having done hundreds of laps in the simulator, in the real circuit on slopes with a change in grade, I was afraid to accelerate fully, because I don't know how to see the end of the curve.

The same thing happens in jarama, there are entire sections where you can't see anything.

Those settings appear to be what I've been using for a while, with the exception of running AF at 16X in NVidia config. For whatever reason, I find the native AF in AC to be more pleasing to the eye.

Setting the FOV exponent at 0.5 was the thing that got rid of flashing triangular areas in the sky for me (which were particularly noticeable on replays). That had been bugging me for ages before I changed to that setting. And those far plane adjustments did seem to help with shadow cascading on cockpits and drivers too. I've also tried 40000, 60000 as an alternative, but I was undecided if that was even better, or just placebo.

What does that FOV exponent do? My setting was at default on 2 and I have been having flickering shadows on certain tracks. I am not at my gaming computer so I cannot test it but do you think it would affect those as well?

Last edited:
download fast from assettoland because sometimes they delete models (it has happened with the ferrari f8) and then you may not find it in google

The SF90 in there is kind **** tbh
I downloaded quickly... then deleted quickly without even driving it.

1. Don't know the modder. The UI didn't list an author.
2. I'm always suspicious of road/track cars using full racing slick tires. This one has soft, medium, and hard set.
3. The data looked suspicious. A very quick Google search found the specs on Ferrari's website. No match on power, torque, and tires. I don't know what else could be incorrect.

If it is a custom track "S1" version, then no thanks for me.

Cayman skin rebuilt for the Guerilla model update.

I know fictional stuff isn't everyone's cup of tea so I hope I'm not bothering anyone with these.

Screenshot_gt4_porsche_cayman_718_acu_singapore_8-5-121-1-45-53.jpg
Screenshot_gt4_porsche_cayman_718_acu_singapore_8-5-121-1-47-46.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_gt4_porsche_cayman_718_acu_singapore_8-5-121-1-43-48.jpg
    Screenshot_gt4_porsche_cayman_718_acu_singapore_8-5-121-1-43-48.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_gt4_porsche_cayman_718_acu_singapore_8-5-121-1-49-56.jpg
    Screenshot_gt4_porsche_cayman_718_acu_singapore_8-5-121-1-49-56.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Cayman skin rebuilt for the Guerilla model update.

I know fictional stuff isn't everyone's cup of tea so I hope I'm not bothering anyone with these.

View attachment 1016204 View attachment 1016205
From a technical perspective, you did a very good job with the creation. If you want to share the skin, then share it. Otherwise, this post may be a better fit in the photo thread. 👍

Good morning can someone explain to me why there are always circuits with few pit boxes? Jarama has only 20, if we count the average number of drivers participating in a championship it varies from 24 to 30 plus streaming commentators and race direction.
Is it possible that these gentlemen do not make certain calculations when they convert the circuit from another game?

Well, I hope that Jarama is better than the ones that exist, that track is 12km from my house, and I have several laps there with my e36.

It is rare to run in the simulator a track that you have run in real life, the same thing happened to me with the Nurburgring, the difference is a lot, thanks to the simulator you know if the curve is to the right or left, but that's all, for example in the Nurburgring Even having done hundreds of laps in the simulator, in the real circuit on slopes with a change in grade, I was afraid to accelerate fully, because I don't know how to see the end of the curve.

The same thing happens in jarama, there are entire sections where you can't see anything.

You are correct, sim racing really struggles to convey the crazy undulations, same as real life onboard stuff.

One of these reasons also can be the FOV, if you reduce it by a lot you will start to get those undulations a bit more visible.

Try it on Brands Hatch the first turn.

Ah, interesting. Can't quite work out why it's a paymod if it's a straight rip/conversion.

Don't know if its or not, i suppose due to the low poly mesh, which is usually signal of conversion from older games, scratch made stuff should not at least

Here i did a quick rough test. FOV goes a long way to getting back some of the correct visual of undulations.
Two extremes:

Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_ks_brands_hatch_8-5-121-14-17-53.jpg
Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_ks_brands_hatch_8-5-121-14-16-32.jpg

Good morning can someone explain to me why there are always circuits with few pit boxes? Jarama has only 20, if we count the average number of drivers participating in a championship it varies from 24 to 30 plus streaming commentators and race direction.
Is it possible that these gentlemen do not make certain calculations when they convert the circuit from another game?
you could, simply add some and release it. Instead of complaining.
Or make a small review that includes what in your opinion could use improving.

exactly who are bitching to anyway?

hint: try to be more constructive with your critique... and your newfound joy will go far.

That grid jarma is the same as the ETRC truck one that i spoke of that got royally poo poo'd, just doesn't have the ETRC branding trackside.

That grid jarma is the same as the ETRC truck one that i spoke of that got royally poo poo'd, just doesn't have the ETRC branding trackside.

*promptly deletes download*

I think it would be beneficial for a few people here (myself included) to come up with a list of 'most important' tracks that we don't have decent versions of in AC and get to work.
In the past day alone, we've seen that we need decent versions of Belle Isle and Jarama. I'd add Jerez to the list as well.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back