Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,754 comments
I guess since the cat is out of the bag I might as well post the link...

Credit to ZeroG for the original Rfactor Track.
I lived in Vancouver for some years and attended this race and wanted to learn track modding so I converted this, fixed the pit lane wrong way marker and tried to add in every piece of CSP I could to learn the basics. Before I started this I had never touched Blender and it took about 3 months with a lot of help from the gang over assettocorsamods.net.

And yes... I am hoping to the do the pre 98 layout as I have the LIDAR data from 2018 for that layout as well as the other two layouts from 98 and then the post 98 one with the added chicane before the main straight.
I will need help with that but a few of the guys working on Trois Rivieres may help when they are done that track

Vancouver 1998 Layout v0.4a ( i may have forgotten to change the version number in the menu lol)

-animated skytrains
-animated 737s on a flight path to YVR (Vancouver intl airport)
-Animated vehicles on the upper roads
-updated assets in pits and trackside
-new road texture
-dynamic groove
-street lights function as track lights so the street lights go yellow with race flags
-Working jumbotrons (cameras need some work)
-some optimisations around textures and materials
-Track sounds
-Cams by @CrisT86
-new trees and bushes, grass fx
-updated vehicles trackside
-track lights and ambient night lighting

and other stuff... was a labor of Love and all credit goes to Zero G for the original track from 2010...

*Currently requires CSP but I'll try to fix that...

YQ5RB6C.jpg

QP2OyQj.jpg

pZhZfFO.jpg

mNluPvL.jpg

tKcIsdz.jpg

V6pECl3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the share! It's a fun little pack. At the risk of sounding ungrateful, I wish modders wouldn't use .exe installers for mods like this though...
Mike,

I also learned about this mod pack from Jacob Cappello's youtube channel. There is no .exe file in the Google Drive folder that he shared. See the download link in the description below the video.

Hello again, I'm setting up a 90's IMSA GTP custom championship, wondering if any of these tracks have been modded into AC, can't find them:

Heartland Topeka: https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/database/races/1990-heartland-park-imsa/
San Antonio: https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/database/races/1990-san-antonio-imsa/
Tampa: https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/database/races/1990-tampa-imsa/
Del Mar: https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/database/races/1990-del-mar-imsa/

Thank you!
No replies last time so I'm trying again, if the tracks don't exist maybe I'll provide food for thought for uninspired track modders :P

I lived in Vancouver for some years and attended this race and wanted to learn track modding so I converted this, fixed the pit lane wrong way marker and tried to add in every piece of CSP I could to learn the basics. Before I started this I had never touched Blender and it took about 3 months with a lot of help from the gang over assettocorsamods.net.

And yes... I am hoping to the do the pre 98 layout as I have the LIDAR data from 2018 for that layout as well as the other two layouts from 98 and then the post 98 one with the added chicane before the main straight.
I will need help with that but a few of the guys working on Trois Rivieres may help when they are done that track

Vancouver 1998 Layout v0.4a ( i may have forgotten to change the version number in the menu lol)

-animated skytrains
-new road texture
-dynamic groove
-street lights function as track lights so the street lights go yellow with race flags
-Track sounds
-Cams by @CrisT86

and other stuff... was a labor of Love and all credit goes to Zero G for the original track from 2010...

YQ5RB6C.jpg

QP2OyQj.jpg

pZhZfFO.jpg

mNluPvL.jpg

tKcIsdz.jpg

V6pECl3.jpg
Wow! Nice! That's what I was thinking about!
Those crowd talking in the background on pits were cool and very immersive! Congrats on this work!

Question for the LMP1 fans: is there a model of the Audi 2009 R15 TDI with physics that can run with the @NeilB1971 LMP cars ? The model I presently have drives like a slow GT3... The Peugeot 908's blast by like it's standing still!

Last edited:

-animated skytrains
-new road texture
-dynamic groove
-Track sounds
-Cams by @CrisT86

YQ5RB6C.jpg

QP2OyQj.jpg

pZhZfFO.jpg

mNluPvL.jpg

tKcIsdz.jpg

V6pECl3.jpg
I get a crash with this, is it another track that only works with 1.74 CSP or higher?
Also what is 'pit paddle' ?

I get a crash with this, is it another track that only works with 1.74 CSP or higher?
Also what is 'pit paddle' ?
It needs CSP and I'm pretty sure it's because I keep forgetting to put a skybox in.
I'll try and fix that.

Pit paddle is a skin for the thing the crew guy holds that says pit. It goes into the skin folder of the car and works best with the VRC 99 NA cars. Thought I put instructions in the zip it's in but maybe I forgot...

New real life track found on FB: Mobara Twin Circuit

View attachment 1061694

Track details: https://noctive.jp/en/spot/02301-12800351

Again this is a drift focused track. But I was able to add AI and pit-lanes and some sidelines, so we are able to race against the AI too. Just unzip the file below and drop it into the track folder:

How easy is it to add AI and pits? A lot of tracks I have could use the same treatment and I'm willing to learn

Hi thanks for sharing, but I couldn't find the track link?
Original post edited with latest release-link posted on 20May2021... Trust you now have the track installed...
Thanks for helping out Tim...
That tries to overwrite a track I've already got marked 'FINAL' with one with no revision number at all.
Man, I wish modders would use revision numbers properly... it gets very messy.
Using the actual date of the update in numerical form (like Legion does) is absolutely the best method. It's foolproof.
That would be neat - make it a standard-UI-requirement for mod-updates... Already applying this approach at my end...
Thanks for helping out too...

Earlier post edited to include the latest track version released on 20May2021...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-13414101

@CosmiC10R
Great to have a decent version of Vancouver, environment sounds are nice.

However I have a little issue: I started driving with the KTM XBB (Kunos/updated Cpt_Looping) and the car had no sound at all (no inside, no outside).
Because it has been a while since I used the car, I figured CSP might have broken the sound. Reinstalled the car: no sound.
Took another car to drive Vancouver: car sound was OK.
Tried the KTM XBB on another track: car sound was OK too ! 🤔
KTM XBB at Vancouver again: no car sound, only environment...

So bottom line (could be that more cars are affected, idk, but the Vancouver track seems to conflict and break the sfx of the KTM XBB..
No idea how that is even possible, or what could trigger it.

Any thoughts please ?
Somebody else maybe ?

Question for the LMP1 fans: is there a model of the Audi 2009 R15 TDI with physics that can run with the @NeilB1971 LMP cars ? The model I presently have drives like a slow GT3... The Peugeot 908's blast by like it's standing still!
Yes there will be an accurate physics version coming. We are working on a full 2006 LMS season remake now including GT cars and there was a Lola pack released last week. 2007-2011 cars are all in the works. In the meantime Kamil Cader posted an improved physics version of the R15 here back in February. Not sure if the link is still valid though.

@CosmiC10R

However I have a little issue: I started driving with the KTM XBB (Kunos/updated Cpt_Looping) and the car had no sound at all (no inside, no outside).
Because it has been a while since I used the car, I figured CSP might have broken the sound. Reinstalled the car: no sound.

So bottom line (could be that more cars are affected, idk, but the Vancouver track seems to conflict and break the sfx of the KTM XBB..

Any thoughts please ?
Somebody else maybe ?
I can confirm the same issue with the X-Bow XBB Fanapryde, so it's not just you.

Yes there will be an accurate physics version coming. We are working on a full 2006 LMS season remake now including GT cars and there was a Lola pack released last week. 2007-2011 cars are all in the works. In the meantime Kamil Cader posted an improved physics version of the R15 here back in February. Not sure if the link is still valid though.
@Badgerman as full noise said: we're working on reworking them. And also @Fullnoise no it's been down i'll re-up it probably if kamil would be alright with that. If he's alright with it I'll reupload the car for everyone on kamil's rework until our version is getting worked on @Fullnoise

@CosmiC10R

Any thoughts please ?
Somebody else maybe ?
I can't get Vancouver to work on CSP 1.69 rain fx. But nicked the sound bank (personal use) for another track to try and some cars had no sounds, just the track sounds.

How easy is it to add AI and pits? A lot of tracks I have could use the same treatment and I'm willing to learn
It is very easy and you dont need any kind of software for recording an AI-lane and pit-lane (adding pits is much more complicated). You need to enable the dev-mode in AC and DL the in-game-app AI-line-helper by Esotic on RD (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-line-helper.16016/). Then it takes about 10 to 15 minutes (depending on the track size) of driving around the track to record all necessary files. I think there should be some helpful video on Youtube for AI-lines but havent searched for it. For AI-line-helper there are some videos from Esotic.

Unfortunately some tracks are not able to record these files. Check if the track has a timing and you can start from the starting line (and not from the pits only).

@marc_13000 @Blackcelica Is this your track, guys? Should we report him? View attachment 1061742
YES IT IS 100% he's not even bothered to change the names or folders. It is just an exact download from here and paste on racedepartment.

EDIT:
The admins are not in any hurry to remove it, even though the up-loader is happy for it be removed. Well i'm glad he's happy.

EDIT2: It is still available now when it was reported first thing this morning. Racedepartment is dire.

Last edited:
Thanks for the share! It's a fun little pack. At the risk of sounding ungrateful, I wish modders wouldn't use .exe installers for mods like this though...
As previously mentioned, its because its the official pack for an e-sports series and the program checks that you have the correct files against what is on the server to make sure everyone is using the same data.

:edit:

This part is for future reference

For mods that come with installers, there is a way around it. UniExtract lets you extract the contents of an installer much like using 7zip on a .zip file. Usually there will be a folder or two with the data for the installer and then the contents of the mod.

Last edited:
SimRacing604
As previously mentioned, its because its the official pack for an e-sports series and the program checks that you have the correct files against what is on the server to make sure everyone is using the same data.

For mods that come with installers, there is a way around it. UniExtract lets you extract the contents of an installer much like using 7zip on a .zip file. Usually there will be a folder or two with the data for the installer and then the contents of the mod.
Well... there is a standalone link now

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back