Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,783 comments
@Masscot

"Are you allowed to sell the track if it's a paid commission for someone else? Won't they own it?"

Not really, the contract implies exclusivity because it will also have personalized advertising.

"If it's the latter and they treat it as a revenue source, then advertise it as such from day one"

The stage of the 80s with the objects not modeled by me was going to be free, the other two 60's and modern layouts were not going to be free and I already said this, in fact it is published in RD.

Along the way of development, a business has emerged and this has obviously changed everything.

After seeing how unethical some have, (and I don't mean 'easy' or 'CrisT') I have realized that I cannot upload a free version because two days later I can find anything that annoys my business that has been coming out along the way.
So how much will it be? Not enough to stop people still changing it or nicking stuFf from it, first thing I'd change is the personalized advertising.
Next thing, it WILL end up on CS.*..

It used to be everyone is a modder, now everyone is businessman.

The track on RD is dire, rated low too i see.

VW FUN CUP EVO 3 mod

Volkswagen Fun Cup 2.0 Original author unknown updated by Assettoland for AC v1.16.3
Updated 25.04.2021 by Assettoland

626b8fa5-6141-4301-9fcc-bcd7b26d8f77.champ.jpg

Dirty windshield : problem solved thanks to @Breathe for the link of the tutorial

even with the Windscreen FX activated (remove dirt completely) still the problem, (csp 0.1.74)
so I followed the tutorial on this website and I created a file :

Just copy my file below in your folder my document\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\cars (delete .txt extension = vw_fun_cup.ini)

before : windshield dirty

Capture1.JPG

after : windshield clean

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• vw_fun_cup.ini.txt
    70 bytes · Views: 48
Last edited:
VW FUN CUP EVO 3 mod

Volkswagen Fun Cup 2.0 Original author unknown updated by Assettoland for AC v1.16.3

View attachment 1066619

Dirty windshield : problem solved thanks to @Breathe for the link of the tutorial

even with the Windscreen FX activated (remove dirt completely) still the problem,

Just copy my file below in your folder my document\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\cars (delete .txt extension = vw_fun_cup.ini)

View attachment 1066616

View attachment 1066617
Nice, much better this way.
Now, if somebody would be so kind to put a working MOTEC in this Fun car, that'd be just great !

VW FUN CUP EVO 3 mod

View attachment 1066619

even with the Windscreen FX activated (remove dirt completely) still the problem,

View attachment 1066616

View attachment 1066617
no it is not necessary to do like that, your manipulation makes the windshield invisible, look at the car outside, the ksWindscreen is reserved to the interior face of the windshield, it is him which makes function the rain
you need to modify the shaders for your problem

Last edited:
So how much will it be? Not enough to stop people still changing it or nicking stuFf from it, first thing I'd change is the personalized advertising.

Ikr, putting a price on things just because people will modify it afterwards is just a lame excuse to ask for money. I was supporting this Alcañiz project but seeing how things turned out to be, I couldn't care less

It is not my fault that people cannot read, because it is in the description that this track is a conversion of a very old circuit.

Nor is it read so it seems that it has nothing to do with the final result that I am modeling from scratch, and that I have only made that converted track to see what I should do in the version made from scratch.

And I have shared this for free, something that in principle was going to be just for me and to be able to visualize things more easily.

It is not my fault that people cannot read, because it is in the description that this track is a conversion of a very old circuit.

Nor is it read so it seems that it has nothing to do with the final result that I am modeling from scratch, and that I have only made that converted track to see what I should do in the version made from scratch.

And I have shared this for free, something that in principle was going to be just for me and to be able to visualize things more easily.
if you want nobody to modify your track, encrypt it, beware the forks and the stake will come out in the comments 🤣

no it is not necessary to do like that, your manipulation makes the windshield invisible, look at the car outside, the ksWindscreen is reserved to the interior face of the windshield, it is him which makes function the rain
you need to modify the shaders for your problem
unfortunately I don't know how to do that ...

Le Mans 1995 Porsche 993 GT2 skinpack

I have taken longer than I thought due to the university exams but here it is.

Hope you like it

LeMans95.jpg

RSS FH 2021 - F1 2021 Full Season ‘Custom Championship' 1.0g​

11_greatbritain_gp21.jpg

Australian GP 2021 removed from Schedule on SON version plus Guide for creating a basic championship

The tutorial is mainly aimed at those new to Assetto Corsa and Content Manager who wish to create a basic custom championship.
Pause as you go along and if you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask

Last edited:
This question is for the guys who do costum championships. How do you know how to pair and which cars can be raced together?? Without extensive testing?

I'm struggling to do some street car races because the diversity is so big that even if you end up pairing cars with similar specs, there are always ones that will be waaaay faster or slower than the others. This also happens when it's motorsport series like GT1, LMP1 or wtv but doesn't happen as often

Last edited:
Damn. A real shame. If anyone that worked on it. I will be willing to pay for on patron or if it's a paid mod on their website. If it's also possible that E63 was made too. It also had an impact on the sport as well.
I always looked for the Mercedes but I never found it
i mean this car

yea v8corsa created the merc aswell but was never released. Some stupid reason such as “the cars arent racing/participating in support categories so we wont bother with them anymore”

if it's a paid mod I don't touch

kinda ironic how in saying that, you touch every other mod you can get your hands on & change it too your own interpretation & then slap your arrogant “ApPrOvEd” sticker on it. Should be working with the original creators instead of rehosting their content & renaming it too fool people. Ive tried some of your tracks too & they are just utter conversion garbage.
Really not surprising tbh

Last edited:
yea v8corsa created the merc aswell but was never released. Some stupid reason such as “the cars arent racing/participating in support categories so we wont bother with them anymore”

kinda ironic how in saying that, you touch every other mod you can get your hands on & change it too your own interpretation & then slap your arrogant “ApPrOvEd” sticker on it. Should be working with the original creators instead of rehosting their content & renaming it too fool people. Ive tried some of your tracks too & they are just utter conversion garbage.
Really not surprising tbh
Because once people start charging they suddenly are businessmen, with that you get the likes of Sim Dream and RTM who then flex their apparent business like muscles and threaten to close down sites that 'leak' their terrible rips...

But as we know with Sim Dream, when pressed, they fold like tissue paper and cry like babies and virtue signal their good intentions moving forward, "one rouge employee" etc etc....

Anyone making a poor conversion from an old game and charging money for it is being unjust.... donations by all means, provided full permission was given for the conversion in the first place...IMO.

Charging for a track that gets 3 stars on RD isn't going to generate much revenue anyway i guess.

This question is for the guys who do costum championships. How do you know how to pair and which cars can be raced together?? Without extensive testing?

I'm struggling to do some street car races because the diversity is so big that even if you end up pairing cars with similar specs, there are always ones that will be waaaay faster or slower than the others. This also happens when it's motorsport series like GT1, LMP1 or wtv but doesn't happen as often
The only way I know is to use Strength, Aggression, Ballast and Restrictor on each car to even out the inbalance - Its a bit trial and error but once done should act as a template for others if you save it as a Preset Grid - For the F1 championships its easier as you can work it out from existing driver standings and constructors championships @ClaudioWRC74 may use some other technique as most of his excellent custom championships are mixed cars/classes? I also found these threads over at RD/AC Forum https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ballast-or-restrictor.50056/ , https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...llast-or-restrictor-for-custom-series.157834/ and https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ristrictor-manual.136165/#post-2484975 - Hope that helps 👍

Last edited:
Hi All,

Here's a track from TXC (Track-X Conversions)

Autódromo Eusebio Marcilla, Junin, Argentina

Credits for AC version 1.0:

@damone13x
- Conversion to AC

@RobertFlagg - Testing

@slider666 - VAO patch and EXT config plus some track fixes for bumps and such (Very Much Appreciated!)

@DaBaeda - All track cams

@LiquidSkyMan - AI & UI packages

Enjoy,

LSM
PS - more to come soon.
Can someone please re-upload it? That link got defunct.

Don't even bother, the people here will pirate your mod if it's paid, 'fix' it when you specifically ask not to make changes to your mod and encourage the decryption of your mod because of their hate boner for people protecting their work.

But hey, the 'spirit of modding' demands that all mods get passed around with everyone adding their touch :)

Last edited:
All of us are rather busy on a heap of tracks in the background, if anyone wants to run with this extraction of London let me know, ill not be getting any further than the raw extraction and it will probably float forever unfinished or half finished.

Raw extraction from NFS Shift Unleashed 2, all common textures associated and lots of missing TSO's , graffiti, etc missing from other conversions are present in this one.

FBX+DDS's and a Blender file (2.92)
View attachment 1066579
View attachment 1066578
View attachment 1066576
View attachment 1066577
View attachment 1066580
I know I'm being a choosy beggar here, but I'd love just one version of this London track without that barrier in the middle of the track.

Here's a pack containing another version of the VW Fun Cup made by Elio Misculini (also some tracks and a VW transporter) .
It is available on VW Fun CUP powered by Hankook Discord. It seems to be free so I'll post it here.
It drives much better, has working MOTEC, but the side rear view mirrors are rather edgy in cockpit view...

misculini_fun_cup.png

Here's a pack containing another version of the VW Fun Cup made by Elio Misculini (also some tracks and a VW transporter) .
It is available on VW Fun CUP powered by Hankook Discord. It seems to be free so I'll post it here.
It drives much better, has working MOTEC, but the side rear view mirrors are rather edgy in cockpit view...

View attachment 1066637

Good find!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back