Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,776 comments
Hey everyone

Can I just ask whether anyone knows whether there is a version of the McLaren 720S GT3 that has a rear view camera on it - or even a modded windscreen mirror attached to it. I have triple screen and dont use virtual mirror and its only the GT3 McLarens which it could be handy with for me as I use the correct FOV which means the far side door mirror is also lost.

Last edited:
Autobacs ARTA Garaiya (SUPER GT) v1.11
RTM / ACTK v1.1
Fix F6 cameras
Fix tyres.ini
Fix collider.kn5 and colliders.ini
Fix setup.ini
Add wipers
Add lod
http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1332

rtm_arta_garaiya_gt500.png
v1.11
Add 11 skins (thanks Masscot)

I just found out that theres fictional tracks from SEGA World Drivers Championship [Another arcade racing game that was somewhat forgotten because Japan-only]. They managed to get the files for the tracks but wasn't shared in public yet.

If i could try to get my hands on the files, then i can share it to you via PM or here & try to port it to AC.

Last edited:
Neuplanitz v1.10

Screenshot_ac_legends_gt_capri_rs3100_rmi_neuplanitz_16-7-121-14-40-24.jpg

"Neuplanitz, a subdivision in the city of Zwickau, Germany is the venue for a fictional racetrack set in the neighborhood streets.
The surroundings of the track radiate the atmosphere of the old eastern block, which is suitable for almost any car...

Touring, Vintage, Open-wheel, Hillclimb, Supercar, Homologation special, GT as well as trackday specials.

The author ZEDster lives in the region and has faithfully recreated the urban layout presented here and showcases a 4.37km track,
fast and flowing with a few technical sections... you become slowly addicted as it's easy to learn.

Steeped in automotive history and automotive events, such as the Schwanenklassik (Zwickau's university classic car drive),
the Saxony Rally (https://www.avd-sachsen-rallye.de/), the Saxony Classic (https://event.motorpresse.de/sachsen-classic/) as well as the the International Trabant Driver's Meeting. This track and layout are complimentary to the Zwickau track released previously"
- m.wood 2021

bgr00.jpg

bgr01.jpg

features:
  • 22 pit/grid
  • CSP grass, rain, lights, VAO
  • physical road mesh
credits:
@ZEDster - original 3d, thank you for permissions
@RMi_wood - conversion, AI
@shi - pits/grid, physical road, rainfx, cam
@racealot - cameras

changelog v1.10
  • removed double trees
  • fixed KERBS as WALL collision issues
  • added loading logo and sections ini by @Fanapryde
  • cameras updated by @racealot

:: DOWNLOAD ::
:: mirror ::

Last edited:
do the Ryzen chips not work well with AC? How large are the grids you run?
I feel like the 5600X is great.

Just wasn't sure if adding twice the cores, as well as twice L2 and L3 cache would make a difference?

As mentioned before, it's mixed results with different Mods. But typically I can run 24 Kunos cars on a Kunos track with decent settings in the 60-70 fps range @ 4k.

It's when I get into the 25-50 car grids it starts to slow down. Not that you need grids that size all the time, but it's cool to do multiclass races.

RIP Shaun Clarke. I noticed he hasn't released anything new for a while, but never thought he would go like this :( He's one of those guys that "gets" how a car should drive. Never heard any drama around him, he just lets the mods do the talking. In terms of quantity he might not be the most prolific modder out there, but in terms of quality his legacy will definitely be remembered for a long time to come in AC.

All the good guys always go too soon. SimRacingPaddock earlier this year and now him :( Be nice to everyone people, you never know what will happen tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moving on, Re: the massive GT Sport file dump a few pages back, has anyone taken a look to see if it contains any hidden track files? There's this touge/forest track that plays in the background in the menus, but it's not accessible to drive normally. A member here (@Whistle Snap) managed to extract the file and drive it. So maybe shoot him a PM if anyone wants to convert it.

So, I downloaded Mercedes w125 recently, mostly beacuse of physics update by aphidgod, but the car was still missing lods, also I thought that it could use some materials improvements, and some new skins. So I changed some stuff to make the car look a little bit better, at least to my eye, added some skins, and added LODs. EDIT: New link, this time car doesn't include new physics, also i changed some lods related things. Link for new physics for this car created by aphidgod https://www.racedepartment.com/down...ta-update.43586/updates#resource-update-76734. Link for the car itself: https://sharemods.com/yi6wibdde1xa/mercedes_w125.7z.html

Attachments

• Content_Manager_LNXOQqqk7p.png
    Content_Manager_LNXOQqqk7p.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Content_Manager_a1WN8IH6be.png
    Content_Manager_a1WN8IH6be.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Content_Manager_f1wYFFSuxb.png
    Content_Manager_f1wYFFSuxb.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Content_Manager_Vpkrs2ZgUC.png
    Content_Manager_Vpkrs2ZgUC.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 32
  • ShareX_lxU1S7XpEM.png
    ShareX_lxU1S7XpEM.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 23
  • ShareX_sW5n1ttCUO.png
    ShareX_sW5n1ttCUO.png
    42 KB · Views: 21
  • Content_Manager_6aKhIdJCcf.png
    Content_Manager_6aKhIdJCcf.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Content_Manager_ax74wU3e3k.png
    Content_Manager_ax74wU3e3k.png
    64 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Would it not be better to put a link to APHIDGOD's RD resource so people can go and download the physics from there instead of your sharemods link?
Well the link is in my post. The only reason it's already included with the car on sharemods, are the lods.

RIP Shaun Clarke. I noticed he hasn't released anything new for a while, but never thought he would go like this 🙁 He's one of those guys that "gets" how a car should drive. Never heard any drama around him, he just lets the mods do the talking. In terms of quantity he might not be the most prolific modder out there, but in terms of quality his legacy will definitely be remembered for a long time to come in AC.

All the good guys always go too soon. SimRacingPaddock earlier this year and now him 🙁 Be nice to everyone people, you never know what will happen tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moving on, Re: the massive GT Sport file dump a few pages back, has anyone taken a look to see if it contains any hidden track files? There's this touge/forest track that plays in the background in the menus, but it's not accessible to drive normally. A member here (@Whistle Snap) managed to extract the file and drive it. So maybe shoot him a PM if anyone wants to convert it.

Well Shaun did have a group of people who were trying to tarnish his reputation, many were allowed to spread loads of rubbish about him on RD to the point where he removed himself from RD..

Now i am not saying never criticize people because one day they might die (we all will...sorry.), that isn't feasible, but I for one find it a bit hypocritical the out pouring on RD...

pleaseeeee someone do the alfa 4c gr. 3, amazing car

@benbaron @GUERILLA Mods since feedback is appreciated, would you mind me asking if there is any chance of including 3d painting templates for your cars? that would be amazing, much more creativity could go into those cars in terms of skins. and other thing, is it just me or the 718 wipers do not actually wipe the water from the screen? maybe it's the same problem mentioned some posts ago
You can simply use the lod B to paint encripted cars.
I directly asked to a guerrilla mods admin.

Hi there. Im giving my first shots at rainfx and grassfx, but at Estoril88 im having this problem with some curbs. They act/look like mirrors. Can anyone point what am i missing here? Thanks in advance!!
That looks like what happens when you make things alpha blend but not transparent.
Anyone why AC throws a data.acd file in the trash or close a run?
CSP extended physics has to add text to the cars data file, so it extracts, edits and deletes the old .acd file.

V2 of Finland from DiRT Rally (Kontinjärvi) for all your suspension breaking needs.

I have been failing to extract Pikes Peak tarmac version from DiRT Rally so I decided to experiment. I took the legacy gravel version and threw a few mesh smooth passes at the gravel road mesh and chucked tarmac textures on it. It's still a bit rough but drivable, just not suitable for modern low riding hyper hill climb cars with rubber band tyres. Still worth sharing? Y/N?

20210716232731_1.jpg

Well Shaun did have a group of people who were trying to tarnish his reputation, many were allowed to spread loads of rubbish about him on RD to the point where he removed himself from RD..

Now i am not saying never criticize people because one day they might die (we all will...sorry.), that isn't feasible, but I for one find it a bit hypocritical the out pouring on RD...
While I agree about the critics (I saw the same thing happening here from some parties for a short while TBH), you shouldn't underestimate how many people felt only good things toward Shaun and his work.
He was the kind of guy who, if you asked a question about one of his mods, would take the time to message you privately to help you out. I remember having a back-and-forth with him when I was teasing him about his Ginetta GT3's initial release via private message, to the point that I even uploaded a YouTube video with nobody sitting in the passenger seat (that video is still on my channel). He took it all in good humour.
But he would point me toward any links that I needed and even made a few skins at my request.
And I think he treated everyone this way. That's just the kind of guy he was. And judging by that outpouring on RD, he has obviously touched a lot of people.

Did anyone manage to grab the GTSport files from those links before they were taken down? I'd love to get my hands on a couple of the cars.

That looks like what happens when you make things alpha blend but not transparent.

CSP extended physics has to add text to the cars data file, so it extracts, edits and deletes the old .acd file.

V2 of Finland from DiRT Rally (Kontinjärvi) for all your suspension breaking needs.

I have been failing to extract Pikes Peak tarmac version from DiRT Rally so I decided to experiment. I took the legacy gravel version and threw a few mesh smooth passes at the gravel road mesh and chucked tarmac textures on it. It's still a bit rough but drivable, just not suitable for modern low riding hyper hill climb cars with rubber band tyres. Still worth sharing? Y/N?

View attachment 1067935

I have the tarmac PP 3/4 extracted in parts... I also considered to "tarmac the dirt" on another version but decided the community would dislike it. Maybe I'm wrong so go ahead!

While I agree about the critics (I saw the same thing happening here from some parties for a short while TBH), you shouldn't underestimate how many people felt only good things toward Shaun and his work.
He was the kind of guy who, if you asked a question about one of his mods, would take the time to message you privately to help you out. I remember having a back-and-forth with him when I was teasing him about his Ginetta GT3's initial release via private message, to the point that I even uploaded a YouTube video with nobody sitting in the passenger seat (that video is still on my channel). He took it all in good humour.
But he would point me toward any links that I needed and even made a few skins at my request.
And I think he treated everyone this way. That's just the kind of guy he was. And judging by that outpouring on RD, he has obviously touched a lot of people.
Yes that was my point, he was one of the good guys, who was IMO treated a bit unfairly at times. You will find all his mods are on rustys naughty list too.

He was very active in real life racing circles and once advised me on the best gear to get to start out in simracing.
Its a sad loss mainly for his family and friends as their loss is real.

Neuplanitz v1.0

View attachment 1067902

"Neuplanitz, a subdivision in the city of Zwickau, Germany is the venue for a fictional racetrack set in the neighborhood streets.
The surroundings of the track radiate the atmosphere of the old eastern block, which is suitable for almost any car...

Touring, Vintage, Open-wheel, Hillclimb, Supercar, Homologation special, GT as well as trackday specials.

The author ZEDster lives in the region and has faithfully recreated the urban layout presented here and showcases a 4.37km track,
fast and flowing with a few technical sections... you become slowly addicted as it's easy to learn.

Steeped in automotive history and automotive events, such as the Schwanenklassik (Zwickau's university classic car drive),
the Saxony Rally (https://www.avd-sachsen-rallye.de/), the Saxony Classic (https://event.motorpresse.de/sachsen-classic/) as well as the the International Trabant Driver's Meeting. This track and layout are complimentary to the Zwickau track released previously"
- m.wood 2021

View attachment 1067903
View attachment 1067904

features:
  • 22 pit/grid
  • CSP grass, rain, lights, VAO
  • physical road mesh
credits:
@ZEDster - original 3d, thank you for permissions
@RMi_wood - conversion, AI
@shi - pits/grid, physical road, rainfx, cam
@racealot - cameras

:: DOWNLOAD ::
:: mirror ::
I would like to ask if it would be possible to increase the number of pit boxes by at least 6, thank you.

Well, as for Shaun Clarke (RIP), I noticed that two of his mods, both being Vauxhall Cavalier BTCC (one from 1990 and second one from 1995) are missing from his site, so since I have them on my pc, I decided to upload them, also, i added LODs to them. https://sharemods.com/rg6lgro2p7q1/shaun_clarke__x27_s_Vauxhalls_Cavaliers_BTCC.7z.html
Thx for updating those cool cars!
There is one more thing left to finish for these cars: shifting animation. Do you have any plans to make them? :)

Did anyone manage to grab the GTSport files from those links before they were taken down? I'd love to get my hands on a couple of the cars.
You mean these file links?
As I can't seem to be able to copy a folder link, here are the GTS cars files on Sharemods, so I hope everybody is able to download them without any hassle:

tracks are on their way as well...
here are the track links:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back