Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,014 comments
Been beating my head trying to get the ablz_targa (patreon) to look reasonable, it was very bright, especialy going through town the buildings with no real textures all sharing that blinding white texture, all merged to the same colour and it actually makes it quite disorienting. this is what I came up with as a plaster until he gets to it, its for the 0.1.4 version of the track. FWIW, the VAO makes the most difference.

VAO : https://sharemods.com/jd2axfuwh3zq/ablz_targaflorio73.vao-patch.html

and add this to the config.

Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS= railguard?
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.15
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.15

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS= grass_02,terrain_02B,terrain_03B,terrain_04B,terrain_05B,terrain_01B,terrain_07B,terrain_06B,terrain_08,terrain_01,terrain_02,terrain_03,terrain_04,terrain_05,terrain_06,terrain_07
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.15
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.15

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS= tree_a_d,tree_b_d
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.25
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.001

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS= asph-targ01, sideroad?
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.12
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.12

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS= wall_paint?,wall_brick?,building?,house?,stone?
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.21
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.21

before
1629025337943.png

to this (same run, same time, weather, filter etc)
1629024964698.png

Last edited:
It's being built from scratch by one person for the last 5 years, it's an absurdly ambitious project. Jim Pearson's IOM TT took 14 years so maybe be a little bit patient and enjoy the RF2 version in the meantime if the other is such a disappointment.

Also if we're talking very long tracks and RF2 then the aforementioned Jim Pearson IOM TT course is a much better shout for a conversion to AC as it's actually like the real course, unlike the current google data based ones we currently have.
yes i know, i was a supporter of his patreon for a long time.. but the changes are so slow and so marginal I have kind of given up on him ever actually making meaningful headway, I no longer support it after 0.1.4. anything good happened since?

I have been trying to like the IOM, but, like the original Targa, it needs a LOT of help to update all the textures, fix all the tiled stuff etc, the last few updates have been promising though.

Last edited:
Porsche 959 and 959R 2020 , V1.05a

Update : correction collider and mirror central for Porsche 959 2020 by EASY , add Porsche 959R 2020 (optimization to be done again)

View attachment 1074474

Link :

Enjoy !
Great car. As you said, the optimization needs to be sorted out again. But this will be a must-have mod when it's finished.
Hopefully some skin creators can jump on this. It would be nice to see a full field of the race version with individual liveries.

Last edited:
Great car. As you said, the optimization needs to be sorted out again. But this will be a must-have mod when it's finished.
Hopefully some skin creators can jump on this. It would be nice to see a full field of the race version with individual liveries.
thanks at you , I’m running out of time, I’ll do the optimization as soon as possible !!

TRACK UPDATES by CrisT86

Lavalamp641 - Oran Park LiDAR

- New EXT_CONFIG

View attachment 1070748
View attachment 1070749
View attachment 1070750View attachment 1070751View attachment 1070752

Terra21 - Imola1972

• New EXT_CONFIG
  • New TV Cams

View attachment 1070753View attachment 1070754View attachment 1070755View attachment 1070756View attachment 1070757

Doublezero - Heartlake Complex

• New EXT_CONFIG
  • New TV Cams

View attachment 1070758View attachment 1070759View attachment 1070760View attachment 1070761View attachment 1070762View attachment 1070763View attachment 1070764
Can you provide a link to the Heartlake track? Thanks.

Can you provide a link to the Heartlake track? Thanks.
it's on racedepartment

yes i know, i was a supporter of his patreon for a long time.. but the changes are so slow and so marginal I have kind of given up on him ever actually making meaningful headway, I no longer support it after 0.1.4. anything good happened since?

I have been trying to like the IOM, but, like the original Targa, it needs a LOT of help to update all the textures, fix all the tiled stuff etc, the last few updates have been promising though.
He updated the public alpha on RD since 0.1.4, so if you want to give it a shot without paying to join his Patreon again give that a shot. I am a supporter and I think the jump from 0.1.6 to 0.1.7 (his latest) was the biggest but obviously not to the completion of the RF2 version yet, but he updates roughly once a month and is making decent headway with textures.

I'm pretty sure I linked to that track a couple of years ago but can find no evidence of doing so, lol. Maybe it was on another forum.
I seem to remember performance was bad enough for me to delete it. Hopefully this is a slightly updated version.
Sedona from FM4 would be a more enticing proposition I reckon (Sunset Peninsula was basically Turn 10's homage to Daytona, whereas Sedona was 100% original) as the full circuit exits the stadium via tunnels and the lap continues outside before returning back inside.
Oh yeah, Sedona was a great track. I also wouldn't mind seeing Camino Viejo, Sidewinder Proving Grounds, or the FM3 incarnation of Rally di Positano (the super long one the nobody seems to remember).

scirocco v3.png

Another bunch of skins for one of my favorite mods, the Volkswagen scirocco_gc10_v6. These are variations of some real liveries from various racing series, old and new, with my artistic license applied and some purely fictional just for fun.
https://mega.nz/file/T8hgVQLJ#YDmeeBKYeBglUXtTvCzJkdB2etgiAQ8EMQuucWi1REM

The original mod can be found here; http://assetto-db.com/car/scirocco_gc10_v6 or on Assettoland as a v8, these skins will fit either so the download is a zip file which the content will have to be manually dropped in the skins folder of your preferred mod.
Enjoy.

Hey everyone!

Some of you may remember a while back I made some icons for everyone to use for their Championships to give the game a bit more of a Gran turismo GT mode feel.

Finally, I got back to doing some more as I've sadly caught Covid and have some time off work and wanted to give some more back to this wonderful community. Some very GT inspired, some not so. Here's the whole bunch - the ones I previously uploaded alongside plenty more.

Here is a link to my OneDrive for full quality.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au2Zd3bO82ou1ShSXD15EBY7PxPH?e=FI9Psr

Enjoy, I had a blast making them!

If you want to give thanks, I'd really appreciate it if you could subscribe to my YouTube channel. I don't want to do any form of Patreon or anything like that. My work is free, as you all give us so much free stuff
🙂

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5s-TfKoYTV2NSC1aVg33Gw

I added a couple in to give you a taste :)

Attachments

• 1999 class a.jpg
    1999 class a.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 55
  • clubman cup.jpg
    clubman cup.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 63
  • world touring cars.jpg
    world touring cars.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 58
  • horizontally opposed.jpg
    horizontally opposed.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMSA GTO.jpg
    IMSA GTO.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Sunday Cup.jpg
    Sunday Cup.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 58
He updated the public alpha on RD since 0.1.4, so if you want to give it a shot without paying to join his Patreon again give that a shot. I am a supporter and I think the jump from 0.1.6 to 0.1.7 (his latest) was the biggest but obviously not to the completion of the RF2 version yet, but he updates roughly once a month and is making decent headway with textures.
the RD version is still only at 0.1.0, just tested it now. Maybe he will do a bigger update once its more complete.
1629061589669.png

Anybody still working on any version of the Bugatti Bolide? Today they announced it will be produced in 2024, and they showed renders with different colors and a more polished aesthetic. There are some differences, mainly in the windshield area.

I wish someone made a high quality mod of it, without CSR2 rips. I keep saying it, this is the purest thing Bugatti have done since they were acquired by VAG. I can understand the hate for Veyron and Chiron, but honestly this is cool.

bugatti-bolide-2024-0821-004_1440x655c.jpg

v1.4
add wiper
add low-res cockpit
update LOD
update AO skin

WONDERFUL NEWS! The VERY FIRST TURN no less! The perfect tribute to the Queen of the Ring.

Below is the updated data file for the ACTK update of the Ascari KZ1 GT3 with the revisions by @Masscot that corrects the driver animations.

this had already been integrated in version 1.3

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back