Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
Finally a WIP video of the 64km² map. Let's call it North Island for now... ^^

Copy of the video sub text:
This is a first work in progress, I mainly tried to create a workflow that suit the scope of the project.
It is a very early show : it's buggy, empty and unpolished, BUT it still start to looks like something that could work.
o what you see here is more than 20km hillclimb to the top of the main mountain that features an astronomical observatory. For comparison think it's roughly the same size as the Pikes Peak hillclimb... So not so bad.

What's next? First I will adress the most important : since it is a monumental task, my plan is to have this hillclimb released for free (with upgrade other time of course) and have the full island setting behind a patreon, with a new road/point of interest added every month. Then when it's completed, moving one to the next open world map!

With that out of the way, next video will probably features a nice Town and a huge suspended bridge that will be the access point from the continent... So stay tuned next month ;-)

Tell me what you think of the plan and the WIP so far. 👍

Well i am looking forward to Forza Horizon 5 for my game pad free roam kicks (not wasting my wheel on forza)
The clips I've seen are astounding.
Maybe the physics are whack but on a gamepad none of that matters anyway.

Is part of the attraction with turning AC into that type of game that it saves shelling out 60 quid?
Genuine question. As if so, its a fair reason which may save me 60 big ones.

Last edited:
Nice track! He is in dire need of aesthetic improvement.
I'm not a GT fan and I don't need cameras, filters, etc., the main thing is that the track looks and feels good and is enjoyable.
Some write it is necessary to add authenticity, but why? - this is Asseto, not GT!
He stated on Race Department that he's still working on it and that includes the backgrounds, but you could tell him how it could look better if you want.

does anyone know how to fix/hide the light green grass here. this track would be perfect without it. its snetterton 67, Taisto Turri update.

snett67.png

AI for Slovakia Ring:

An RD member requested a look at this track. AI seemed a little slow for some reason. I tested, then reworked all four layouts, and tested some more. I like the track, it's pretty cool. Four layouts.

or
Slovakia Ring:

Original post updated to v2.1 with grass fx fix by @samdale12 (thank you!).

Last edited:
It's a missing or empty electronics.ini file. Of course the car has no ABS or TC but the game still allows such a thing as an assist, I'd assume for gamepad users.
Without supplied values in this file the game seems to break and cause the reported problem.
The file can and should be present as it can be set to have ABS or TC as not available but the assist still needs a value to work with.
Ironically, I've just spent some time poking around in the 904, and yours, and the Beck, to arrive at this untested suspicsion.
Pop over here, and yes, you've confirmed it. (the orig file exists and is empty, whereas yours have values, but present=0 and active=0)
And yes, using the electronics.ini from your 904/8 fixes the issue without having to turn ABS off every drive.
Many thanks.

It uses whatever preset you last used in the Preview Options screen (CTRL+P or CTRL+O, I think it is - away from the rig at the moment). That then stays as the preset in use for Update Previews (until you change it in the Preview Options screen). I think that is what you are asking?
That's exactly what I meant and thank you so much, I've been trying to figure this out for like 6+ months at this point.

Better make my 2000th post worth it... :gtpflag:

Fantastic conversion, but omitting the reverse route seems like an odd decision when it featured prominently in GT and was a very popular variation.
I guess adding it wouldn't be too hard for someone with the necessary skills.

Also, does everything look a little dark for anyone else, even in bright sun? Like wearing sunglasses?
I don't think it's my settings as most other tracks look fine.

Last edited:
Fantastic conversion, but omitting the reverse route seems like an odd decision when it featured prominently in GT and was a very popular variation.

Also, does everything look a little dark for anyone else, even in bright sun? Like wearing sunglasses?
it is slightly dark yes, you tried setting the sol exposure to something like 0.8?

Chuckwalla Valley Raceway AI reworked, Aerials, Rain tweaks, etc.:

This is another track that really grew on me as I drove it more. Not much to look at, as in real life, but I tried to help decorate. AI completely reworked, cams by @DaBaeda and I, plus a couple other tweaks and additions. Thanks to @pk3r72owns for his track and use of his jets (!).

or

chuckwalla_valley_01.jpg

Original track link:

I also noticed that everything looks a bit dark. My current solution is Peter Boese's "pure". Looks fantastic during the day.

your right my bad i meant 1.2
I found I had to maximise ta_exp_fix, % to 175 on the last page of the Sol Config UI to get a natural-looking brightness for R246 in VR on my system.
Seems extreme, but it works.

I also noticed that everything looks a bit dark. My current solution is Peter Boese's "pure". Looks fantastic during the day.
Maybe Pure was originally used to tune the visuals.

you can add

[SOL]
EXPOSURE_FIX=2.0

to the extenion ini

(i know it only goes to 1.75)
Yeah, I did that too (at 1.75) just to be safe, as I think the individual track adjustments in the Sol config can get wiped if you update Sol and follow the 'reset to defaults' advice that often comes with it.

Maybe the VAO patch is particularly dark? IDK, not tested it without.

Last edited:
I went back to SOL for tokyo as PURE made it way too dark to see the corners coming up and i kept breaking my car in the wall of turn 1 😏 (I'm not a Gran Turismo aficionado so i don't know the track that well)

Will try this exposure fix tho
Settings: Weather Script "pure", ppfilter "pure", Exposure 100%, Time 14:48

Screenshot_teslamodel3mpp_ddm_gt6_r246_30-9-121-20-16-21.png

After a long time I drove Ironbark Hills again. There I noticed the still empty billboards. I tried to fill them up a little. Please do not forget that I am not a local there. It was not my intention to show the real billboards. But overall it should fit to the area. Maybe someone will like it.

Just remove txt.

Original Track Link

Ironbark Hills

Attachments

• ironbark_hills.7z.txt
    410.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
In case anyone missed it, doublezero released Anadara Circuit today on RaceDepartment. His fantasy tracks are some of the best.

3_screenshot-jpg.514152

4_screenshot-jpg.514153
6_screenshot-jpg.514156

From FB. This is not my mod. Support the creator and FB group if you can.

...in case you don't have enough BMWs. The Patreon link doesn't require membership to download the car.

Adriaan Suy MNBA Assetto Modding Group

[ RELEASE: BMW M4 G82 Competition + Manual ]​

ORIGINAL MODEL FROM CSR2 CONVERTED BY EKIP​

UPDATE BY ADRIAAN​

The conversion by EKIP was very basic and needed a lot of work. In hindsight i should have converted it myself but i started on this a very long time ago. Its far from perfect but i think its a lot better than before. I have some issues with the game not launching sometimes but other times it works fine, i haven't isolated what's causing this, if anyone knows hit me up.
*Changelog: *
Extra button A: change nav/radio
Extra button B: disable HUD
-Separated interior
-AO inside/out
-Blinkers
-Wipers
-Selflighting
-PBR shaders and texture overhaul
-Paintable rims/leather etc
-New cluster
-Windshield reflection
-New rims for manual
-Swapped steering wheel
-Updated interior symbols
-Hud by Buja Gili
-Video by Qiu Liang
Big thanks to all testers for feedback and my mates at MNBA for help and support!
link: https://www.patreon.com/posts/57936411

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsbC3NyISxs...

M4 G82 Assetto Corsa Release

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back