Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,017 comments
Something I've been working on with the help of @norms and misterbeam. Original mod was done by Bruce Kelt but the physics were quite a ways off from the real thing (macpherson front suspension and dwb rear when it should be dwb front and Live axle rear). I've implemented the DWB front and Live Axle based upon the data from the real Spec P71 car that I race. Also managed to implement the Racepak CL1/CL2 app in place of the GPS, removed a TON of unnecessary meshes that were killing frame rate (I appreciate the detailed modeling of the 4.6L 2v under the hood but not enough to lose 15fps on a 2080s). Tire model was updated to be more accurate, we've enable brake temperatures to accurately resemble brake fade of these 4200lb boats. Norms absolutely rocked it on getting the meshes cleaned up and textures sorted out. Engine and drivetrain data was pulled from my car so it's now super accurate to drive. Few more finishing touches to go but it's just about there. Hope to have this available for download soon :)

View attachment 1090547
View attachment 1090548

vs. the real thing :D
View attachment 1090551
Has anyone made more police car skins for the Crown Vic? This mod is pretty decent, but I have yet to come across any skins for it.

Hello everyone!

I wonder if someone already solve this... I play in VR and I love real mirrors but when I reset camera in VR its like mirrors continue poiting to the last helmet position... someone knows if is there any way to reset real mirrors? or change angle? direction, etc...?

Any idea is useful

thanks a lot!

Are you using the Shaders Patch Mirrors App (2nd one) to adjust the mirrors?

68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f51327a78366d772e706e67
I prefer the BLM Car app for this, because it does more than just this, and looks really slick. It doesn't quite have all of these adjustments, but I only ever need to mess with the position anyway.

Is there a way to make the 'Update Previews' button in CM use a specific preview set? I had some rally previews before that were used until I deleted them but now I can't figure out how to make it use other ones.

Is there a way to make the 'Update Previews' button in CM use a specific preview set? I had some rally previews before that were used until I deleted them but now I can't figure out how to make it use other ones.
It uses whatever preset you last used in the Preview Options screen (CTRL+P or CTRL+O, I think it is - away from the rig at the moment). That then stays as the preset in use for Update Previews (until you change it in the Preview Options screen). I think that is what you are asking?

Has anyone made more police car skins for the Crown Vic? This mod is pretty decent, but I have yet to come across any skins for it.
I'm working on a North Texas police car package for Bruce Kelt's cop cars including this car. Should have Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington (a beautiful livery, look it up), and a few other suburbs around.

Quick plug: I have a USA license plate pack for all 50 states that will be updated with Texas Exempt license plates and a few others when I release this skinpack.

Last edited:
Well, AC can't do night races either. But that doesn't bother me at all when we have Sol and CSP.
The same applies to rolling starts, because AC can do those with OSRW. Only in online races though, afaik, but offline races in AC are only for masochists anyway.
Real Penalty can do Rolling starts, Safety Car periods, even manage DRS usage and give penalties/drive throughs. Its a really good app, shame the creator got the "patreon" bug and made his app pay-to-download.
There is a laser-scanned (or LiDAR) Daytona Road Course and Sonoma. Both Reboot tracks, FM7 conversions if memory serves - but done right.

(In the past, they used to be buggy, e.g. incorrect backstretch chicane or tri-oval banking and Sonoma being way too bumpy, but they have both been fixed since then.)

There is no COTA, Charlotte Roval and Indy Road Course though. (I don't like these, so I'm not bothered, but I understand many others may well be.)
Sonoma hasnt been updated since v1.0, needs an update though cant drive the vrc indycars without trying to take off over the hill coming into the bowl......
support piracy, yaaay!
i mean he is from afghanistan, i suppose you heard what happened to their country

Please can anyone point me to a good tutorial on how to fit a driver to a car? I can resize the too small or too large driver in a mod in CM alright, but most of the time the hands and arms won't fit "perfectly" in the steering wheel.

Finally a WIP video of the 64km² map. Let's call it North Island for now... ^^

Copy of the video sub text:
This is a first work in progress, I mainly tried to create a workflow that suit the scope of the project.
It is a very early show : it's buggy, empty and unpolished, BUT it still start to looks like something that could work.
o what you see here is more than 20km hillclimb to the top of the main mountain that features an astronomical observatory. For comparison think it's roughly the same size as the Pikes Peak hillclimb... So not so bad.

What's next? First I will adress the most important : since it is a monumental task, my plan is to have this hillclimb released for free (with upgrade other time of course) and have the full island setting behind a patreon, with a new road/point of interest added every month. Then when it's completed, moving one to the next open world map!

With that out of the way, next video will probably features a nice Town and a huge suspended bridge that will be the access point from the continent... So stay tuned next month ;-)

Tell me what you think of the plan and the WIP so far. 👍

Anyone aware of a 2018 spec GT-R out there? Never seen one but the skin does not fit the Kunos car. The "bm_" prefix points to whoever did that AMG Evo a while back.

Last edited:
Anyone aware of a 2018 spec GT-R out there? Never seen one but the skin does not fit the Kunos car. The "bm_" prefix points to whoever did that AMG Evo a while back.

If I remember correctly, it was leaked, but pulled again and so far is not available publicly yet.

Grindelwald is playable!

Nice track! He is in dire need of aesthetic improvement.
I'm not a GT fan and I don't need cameras, filters, etc., the main thing is that the track looks and feels good and is enjoyable.
Some write it is necessary to add authenticity, but why? - this is Asseto, not GT!

If this is what you want, then I will look for it on my disk.

Edit. Found it, but this is a separate machine fully functional with CSP.

Last edited:
No offense but this is BS. The "Honda NSX GT3 ACC" (v1.9) works perfectly fine with CSP176p136 and I used to drive it with 175p1 too. So public 1.74/1.75 has to work. And again no offense but CSP1.60 is completely outdated.
Well maybe is my problem but i wasn't able to start any session with a CSP higher than 1.60. I don't know why. i saw on the forum that more people had the same problem. I would love to use it with a higher CSP but i cant make it work. So if you can tell me what could be the problem i maybe can manage to solve it and drive the car

Edit: Im downloading the v1.9 as you said to see if solves my problem

Edit 2: You are completely right, i downloaded the last version of the car and now work perfectly. Sorry for give an incorrect info

Last edited:
I had the same problem, but some kind soul said "turn off ABS" and all will be good... and lo and behold, all was right with the world, and Porsche 904's too! :)
Thank You! Turning off ABS worked for me. It fixed the symptom - but is there something in the cars physics that needs changed? I had the same oscillation on a GTLM car which should have ABS as an option.
edit: just checked and the same fix worked for the GTLM

Last edited:
Thank You! Turning off ABS worked for me. It fixed the symptom - but is there something in the cars physics that needs changed? I had the same oscillation on a GTLM car which should have ABS as an option.
No idea... someone much smarter than me posted the fix a couple days ago. Like you, I'd love to know what really causes the bizarre issue so we could get rid of it on every car where it happens...

No idea... someone much smarter than me posted the fix a couple days ago. Like you, I'd love to know what really causes the bizarre issue so we could get rid of it on every car where it happens...
It's a missing or empty electronics.ini file. Of course the car has no ABS or TC but the game still allows such a thing as an assist, I'd assume for gamepad users.
Without supplied values in this file the game seems to break and cause the reported problem.
The file can and should be present as it can be set to have ABS or TC as not available but the assist still needs a value to work with.

If I remember correctly, it was leaked, but pulled again and so far is not available publicly yet.
Thank you for the info!

Gotta say it has become very hard to tell what meant to be out there and what is not - this thread has kind of become my compass in the minefield that is RD & Co... 😏

It's a missing or empty electronics.ini file. Of course the car has no ABS or TC but the game still allows such a thing as an assist, I'd assume for gamepad users.
Without supplied values in this file the game seems to break and cause the reported problem.
The file can and should be present as it can be set to have ABS or TC as not available but the assist still needs a value to work with.
Thanks so very much for the info. Your insights into the intricacies of AC have saved me endless trouble many, many times. And when you add in how many hours I have spent in your mods.... your impact to my enjoyment is off the scale. And I'm certain I'm not alone in that...

Cheers!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back