Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,790 comments
On Top Gear track with SOL2+Pure i have this weird red effect on cars/track. Anyone know why ? Tested with/without CSP ext config
06k2.jpg

Hi all,
I think I read some time ago that a CSP version included the possbility to change your drivable car within the same session, to an car the AI drives.
Is that correct and could somebody tell me how that works and what do I need?
Thank you

Last edited:
Anybody knows why im losing rear control of the car when downshifting? for example, right turn in a curve from third to second gear and the car turn around to the same direction...like if Im pressing hand brake. Any parameter to adjust this in data folder to avoid this? I tried other cars downshifting just before turn and they dont do this...any ideas? Thanks in advance

Hi all,
I think I read some time ago that a CSP version included the possbility to change your drivable car within the same session, to an car the AI drives.
Is that correct and could somebody tell me how that works and what do I need?
Thank you
Search Youtube, e.g. „assetto corsa csp walkaround“

I had that too when I set pure as a weather scrpit. Now I use pure ppf only, left weather script set to sol.
It does not solve the error only on top gear track. Also if you use SOL2 controller + SOL 1.5 weather script the game crash

EDIT: solved, i was using outdated version.

Last edited:
You can do that in 3DSIMED convert textures .

Import your car With PNG texture go to TOOLS in menu bar and there you gone a find convert textures choose dds.:cheers:

Also browse textures/batch convert if you don't want to run the model through 3DSimEd. :cheers:
Thanks, I'll finally have a look at 3D SIMED, I've been avoiding it but I suppose I was always going to need it for newer Forza models anyway so might as well try it out.

Can anybody help me please? I updated my content manager thingy, and some things that didn't work, now work ok. Only problem is that on almost all tracks, at 12 noon, the inside car view is blinding white in places to the extent I can barely see where the track goes. On the out of car or replay views it is fine. Is there a setting I have to adjust to correct this? Thanks for any help.

Good work. It just would have been nicer if you had offered the flags as an option. Just because it's nonsense for you, doesn't mean it has to be for others. The lack of spectators already makes it look a bit empty (which doesn't bother me that much), but the lack of flags makes it even more so. 🙋‍♂️
Here you go by @juanabolche

Anybody knows why im losing rear control of the car when downshifting? for example, right turn in a curve from third to second gear and the car turn around to the same direction...like if Im pressing hand brake. Any parameter to adjust this in data folder to avoid this? I tried other cars downshifting just before turn and they dont do this...any ideas? Thanks in advance
Downshifting too early ?
No rev matching ?

@Cozy61
I usually don’t mind having no spectators, but no spectators and no flags make a track look like a ghost town.
I’d rather have waving flags and no audience, than an audience without flags…:D

Last edited:
typically:
too much torque on the ENGINE COAST_REF
too much torque on the ENGINE INERTIA
bad values for DIFF PRELOAD

Can anybody help me please? I updated my content manager thingy, and some things that didn't work, now work ok. Only problem is that on almost all tracks, at 12 noon, the inside car view is blinding white in places to the extent I can barely see where the track goes. On the out of car or replay views it is fine. Is there a setting I have to adjust to correct this? Thanks for any help.
Might be your exposure setting? Hit 'page down' on your keyboard and see if exposure was too high.
I had this same issue when using the Pure weather system in VR (Sol wasn't affected).
Or try a different PPF?

Okay, so I've been experimenting with creating vao patches, here's my result, using last (the zip file name is CustomTracksBakery8, so I assume that it's eighth version) version of custom tracks bakery, with all settings default. Car is ac_legends_gt_capri_rs3100. Also, I noticed the texture error on the steering wheel, so I fixed it.

Attachments

• 20211031135244_1.jpg
    20211031135244_1.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20211031135248_1.jpg
    20211031135248_1.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Content_Manager_qmwD96SqSd.png
    Content_Manager_qmwD96SqSd.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
How do you achieve this little icon for a car? I know how to make categories and categories icons ,but this little icon?:

View attachment 1090891
Install my Origin Icons from RD: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/origin-icons.28078/
And make sure the author in the ui is spelled correctly.

If the above is your own screenshot, you already have the RSS logo for the 2018 version, and it does not show for the 2020, which probably comes from a not correct name in the ui...

Install my Origin Icons from RD: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/origin-icons.28078/
And make sure the author in the ui is spelled correctly.

If the above is your own screenshot, you already have the RSS logo for the 2018 version, and it does not show for the 2020, which probably comes from a not correct name in the ui...
Yes I installed your icons long time ago (thanks), but I created a new categorie of cars, and I would like to get that little icon at the right of the car name, like in the screenshot I showed. The categorie of the car is there, but no the little icon.

Where is it definied?

Yes I installed your icons long time ago (thanks), but I created a new categorie of cars, and I would like to get that little icon at the right of the car name, like in the screenshot I showed. The categorie of the car is there, but no the little icon.

Where is it definied?
That little 'flag' in the middle ? No idea...
Maybe @slider666 can help you, a long time ago he was involved in making those categories iirc...

Maybe someone here can help, for a few days now "Force AI headlights" leads to no AI lights, if I leave it unchecked AI turn on lights normally once it gets dark, forcing them online works though. Sometimes only a few AI cars put on lights, it is very strange.

Peter's discord could not help so far, posted on Ilja's Patreon as well, still not sure if this is a CSP or Sol problem - weird thing is I did not have these problems before using the same versions of CSP and Sol. I have tried multiple versions, deleted configs, reset and reinstalled and nothing really changed. I am on the new Sol 2.2 beta 1 and Ilja's latest preview now and it seems to work as long as I don't force AI lights but I am still curious to be honest...

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back