Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,972 comments
Download link added to post above for race and street versions of the RHD Aston Martin DB4GT

please download the driver pack as well (link in the post) and extract to assettocorsa/content/driver. Overwrite if requested as it has all the drivers needed for Veloā€™s cars, some of which you may have already. Several are new though and needed for the Aston to show the correct drivers.
Beautiful - thanks! šŸ‘

Quick question. I've downloaded the driver pack, and can see there is a folder called Driver3D included with lots of sub-folders inside. Can you tell me where this goes? Cheers.

This is the RHD version. I have not swapped sounds yet. While driving I donā€™t hear the squeeks, but as soon as you stop the car, they are there. Not all that disturbing, but stillā€¦
i wonder why you donā€™t hear themā€¦other sfx installed than the one that comes with the car ?
No I am using the one that Velo put in. Can you try swapping with the Kunos BMW 235i please and see if you still have the problem? Bazza has used that for his Healey 3000.

EDIT: I just tried that and it doesn't work ?! I put the original sound back and I just get a glorious roar on the grid. However we will work on this and see if we can get rid of your problem.

EDIT 2: Ah yes - I don't get the squeaks in the pits on a Track Day, but they are very audible on the race grid! We will get it fixed.

Last edited:
Beautiful - thanks! šŸ‘

Quick question. I've downloaded the driver pack, and can see there is a folder called Driver3D included with lots of sub-folders inside. Can you tell me where this goes? Cheers.
You don't need those for the Astons, as everything is in place already, but if you use the drivers for other cars, if you use the relevant driver3d.ini in the car's data folder, you won't get bits of helmet, goggles etc in your view when driving.

Does anyone know an ideal BOP for the Jaguar XJ13 to match with the other sports prototypes (330 P4, 908 LH and GT40 MK1) of its era? I haven't raced with these cars in so long but I remember the Jag being way too fast to compete with the Kunos cars.

I am not sure what software you are using but you need to "up" the normals. and make sure they are the kstree shader as well.

Oh hey, look at this unrelated video I just found

this is obviously fake, but a very good one!

Last edited:
Download link added to post above for race and street versions of the RHD Aston Martin DB4GT

please download the driver pack as well (link in the post) and extract to assettocorsa/content/driver. Overwrite if requested as it has all the drivers needed for Veloā€™s cars, some of which you may have already. Several are new though and needed for the Aston to show the correct drivers.
Excuse me Tim, could you direct me to the DL link? the post above probably changed, as it is showing an excel with tracks.
Thanks!

Here's a strange one.
ASR 1991 Ferrari 643 looking all white (in-game and showroom). Didn't alter files or folder names. skin.ini working for drivers as you can see. Other ARS cars are good.
Can anyone confirm if this is also happening?

1638384208593.png

@andrevr @Cote Dazur @Fanapryde could you try adding these lines to the top of your ext_config.ini please and see if it helps. I would love you to report the result. You might want to try BODYWORK=0.0

EDIT: In fact try

[AUDIO_VOLUME]
BODYWORK = 0.0

by itself to see if it eliminates the squeaks. I think it does.

EDIT 2: That gets rid of the squeaks for me. I think it may have to do with the vibrating exhaust, which might be pretty historically accurate! see pic:

gpl-1961ish-goodwood-aston-martin-db4gt-trailing-exhaust-at-chicane.jpeg06091602.jpg

Excuse me Tim, could you direct me to the DL link? the post above probably changed, as it is showing an excel with tracks.
Thanks!

Here's a strange one.
ASR 1991 Ferrari 643 looking all white (in-game and showroom). Didn't alter files or folder names. skin.ini working for drivers as you can see. Other ARS cars are good.

View attachment 1097235
Just checked the links and they are good. Or you could just go to Velo's Mods Workshop website and click on new cars. The driver packs are there now as well.

Last edited:
Hi there,

Hope you're all fine.
I am looking for a good 3.0 CSL (standalone or in pack) car mod + accurate skins. A very decent one will do also.
Is such available? Would some of you be kind enough sharing?

1638385926991.png

Hi there,

Hope you're all fine.
I am looking for a good 3.0 CSL (standalone or in pack) car mod + accurate skins. A very decent one will do also.
Is such available? Would some of you be kind enough sharing?

View attachment 1097237
It's in the AC Legends GTL pack by Bazza, or one of them at least. Probably mods you should already have if you're even remotely in to classic cars.

It's beyond very decent, all of the cars by Bazza and GTL are.

Last edited:
Definitely FM1 footage from the original Xbox. The 4:3 CRT and low framerate are a dead giveaway. Hopefully someone will convert it to AC one day.
Yes, but maybe we should wait for AC2 since we donĀ“t have the abilities to convert Forza tracks to AC right now. A pity. :(

an
does anyone know if there's a camera set NOT for camtool for zandvoort 2021? tried to search but found nothing, thanks in advance
for the ACTK track? Don't think so, if you talk about Zandvoort update by me, pyyer yes, my update includes also cams

Last edited:
Thanks!

Here's a strange one.

View attachment 1097235
Hi . Yes this happened to me to. There seams to be a problem with skins after updating. I have the same skins twice but only one works.

an

for the ACTK track? Don't think so, if you talk about Zandvoort update by me, pyyer yes, my update includes also cams
would you mind linking your update here? I have pyyer's extension installed but still get one set of cameras

edit: as one wise man once told, research bar

Last edited:
I am not sure what software you are using but you need to "up" the normals. and make sure they are the kstree shader as well.

Oh hey, look at this unrelated video I just found

Irony aside, I never really recalled having seen that original Forza track that much at all back when I played 4 almost a decade ago when I was young, what's its name?

Guys any idea why the number board is showing this issue? it the first time I'm seeing something like this! the number-board is a different DDS file! no I dea what is going on! thanks!
The car has more than one spot to put the numberplate. Therefor you have to hide the ones you don't want to use via ext_config file.
Example:

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
FILE=amg_evo.kn5, amg_evo_lodb.kn5, amg_evo_lodc.kn5, amg_evo_lodd.kn5
HIDE=mercedes_amg_gt3_numberplate_a_RIGHT, mercedes_amg_gt3_numberplate_a_LEFT, mercedes_amg_gt3_numberplate_b_RIGHT, mercedes_amg_gt3_numberplate_b_LEF

@andrevr @Cote Dazur @Fanapryde could you try adding these lines to the top of your ext_config.ini please and see if it helps. I would love you to report the result. You might want to try BODYWORK=0.0

EDIT: In fact try

[AUDIO_VOLUME]
BODYWORK = 0.0

by itself to see if it eliminates the squeaks. I think it does.

EDIT 2: That gets rid of the squeaks for me. I think it may have to do with the vibrating exhaust, which might be pretty historically accurate! see pic:

View attachment 1097238

Just checked the links and they are good. Or you could just go to Velo's Mods Workshop website and click on new cars. The driver packs are there now as well.
Squeaking 'issue' solved. Thanks.

would you mind linking your update here? I have pyyer's extension installed but still get one set of cameras

edit: as one wise man once told, research bar
Did you found it? Because it was a pretty complex update done in few steps so in case i have to reup the whole pack

You could try to use this shader replacement on trees in the config:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS= (put your trees material name here)
SHADER= ksTree_ppshadows
PROP_0 = ksAlphaRef, 0.5

Try to check if by adding these lines the shadows are fixed
it worked! Big Thanks

This is a random question more so for my own future use, but where are the best hubs for AC mods, tracks or cars, that aren't Race Department or Assettoland?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back