Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,778 comments
Sorry for the last part of my post.
I wrote this because my reasoning is obvious, and your question seemed to me to be a question of a student who has not yet completed his studies at school.
If I'm wrong, I'm sorry again, I didn't think that such words could offend someone - it was said in a fatherly way!
I could already understand your explanation.My train of thought was that moist topsoil swirled up on the car flies around in smaller pieces rather than in dusty form. And since it looked rather dusty on the car, I thought it should look lighter. But it doesn't matter now. In the meantime, I have received a tip on how I could possibly make a color adjustment.

So we can call the situation clarified. ✌️

P.S. With greater probability I am even older than you. ;)

Dumb question alert, but can seasonal adjustment effects (ie Winter) easily be applied to a track that doesn't have them? I was looking at the rt_lime rock park and that has them but rt_mont tremblant doesn't, could the relevant data from the ext_config just be copied across or is there a ton of work swapping textures and other codey things way above my pay grade?

Dumb question alert, but can seasonal adjustment effects (ie Winter) easily be applied to a track that doesn't have them? I was looking at the rt_lime rock park and that has them but rt_mont tremblant doesn't, could the relevant data from the ext_config just be copied across or is there a ton of work swapping textures and other codey things way above my pay grade?
yes

Just check my config in order to implement the seasons in your extension (thanks to Pyyer for the help in the newer version of seasonal adj)

;;;;;;;;;;;;;; SEASONS ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[DEFAULTS]
NORTH_HEMISPHERE = 1
SOUTH_HEMISPHERE = 0
SUMMER_LATITUDE_FACTOR = 0.5
AUTUMN_LATITUDE_FACTOR = 0.5
WINTER_LATITUDE_FACTOR = 0.5

;-------------------------------------------------------------

[CONDITION_...]
NAME=SEASON_SUMMER_NORTH
INPUT=YEAR_PROGRESS
LUT=(|0=0|0.4=0|0.55=1.0|0.7=0|1=0|)
LAG=0

[CONDITION_...]
NAME=SEASON_AUTUMN_NORTH
INPUT=YEAR_PROGRESS
LUT=(|0=0|0.6=0|0.75=1.0|0.9=0|1=0|)
LAG=0

[CONDITION_...]
NAME=SEASON_WINTER_NORTH
INPUT=YEAR_PROGRESS
LUT=(|0=0.6|0.05=1|0.2=0.0|0.85=0|1=0.6|)
LAG=0

[CONDITION_...]
NAME=SEASON_SUMMER_SOUTH
INPUT=YEAR_PROGRESS
LAG=0

[CONDITION_...]
NAME=SEASON_AUTUMN_SOUTH
INPUT=YEAR_PROGRESS
LUT=(|0=0|0.15=0|0.3=1.0|0.45=0|1=0|)
LAG=0

[CONDITION_...]
NAME=SEASON_WINTER_SOUTH
INPUT=YEAR_PROGRESS
LAG=0

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE=$NORTH_HEMISPHERE
DESCRIPTION=Summer Settings
MATERIALS=?
KEY_0=seasonSummer
VALUE_0=$SUMMER_LATITUDE_FACTOR
OFF_VALUE_0=ORIGINAL
CONDITION=SEASON_SUMMER_NORTH

ACTIVE=$NORTH_HEMISPHERE
DESCRIPTION=Autumn Settings
MATERIALS=?
KEY_0=seasonAutumn
VALUE_0=$AUTUMN_LATITUDE_FACTOR
OFF_VALUE_0=ORIGINAL
CONDITION=SEASON_AUTUMN_NORTH

ACTIVE=$NORTH_HEMISPHERE
DESCRIPTION=Winter Settings
MATERIALS=?
KEY_0=seasonWinter
VALUE_0=$WINTER_LATITUDE_FACTOR
OFF_VALUE_0=0
CONDITION=SEASON_WINTER_NORTH

ACTIVE=$SOUTH_HEMISPHERE
MATERIALS=?
KEY_0=seasonSummer
OFF_VALUE_0=ORIGINAL
CONDITION=SEASON_SUMMER_SOUTH

ACTIVE=$SOUTH_HEMISPHERE
MATERIALS=?
KEY_0=seasonAutumn
OFF_VALUE_0=ORIGINAL
CONDITION=SEASON_AUTUMN_SOUTH

ACTIVE=$SOUTH_HEMISPHERE
MATERIALS=?
KEY_0=seasonWinter
OFF_VALUE_0=0
CONDITION=SEASON_WINTER_SOUTH

I will not feed any dumb discussion about it.
Instead of driving a car alone on track, do it in a racing environment. It is not the same thing!

Really?
1640701968159.png

P.S.: I believe most of people knows what is the feel and behavior of a RWD, FWD and AWD.

But thank you @samdale12 for remembering the most forgoten minds. I understood your point.

Just because I am a fan of something/person, doesn't mean that, that something/person, don't fail, ever.

I like this car very much. I'm planning to do a proper race with the 1991 field, driving it.
But I repeat myself. The handling is not right.

Terrible feel to it and the sounds, like all his DTM stuff are horrible.
Very cool car though to have in AC.
Just a shame pay mods need fiddling with to this extent.
Feeling is nopt perfect but I m quite sure that Tommy are working on it. Do you have some tips to get a good DTM cars of that years?

for seasons where it never snows, you can replace:

ACTIVE=$NORTH_HEMISPHERE
MATERIALS=?
KEY_0=seasonWinter
OFF_VALUE_0=0

ACTIVE=$SOUTH_HEMISPHERE
MATERIALS=?
KEY_0=seasonWinter
OFF_VALUE_0=0

Last edited:
for seasons where it never snows, you can replace:

ACTIVE=$NORTH_HEMISPHERE
MATERIALS=?
KEY_0=seasonWinter
OFF_VALUE_0=0

ACTIVE=$SOUTH_HEMISPHERE
MATERIALS=?
KEY_0=seasonWinter
OFF_VALUE_0=0
or you can leave empty the MATERIALS=
so no material will be affected by the snow

Just check my config in order to implement the seasons in your extension (thanks to Pyyer for the help in the newer version of seasonal adj)

;;;;;;;;;;;;;; SEASONS ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[DEFAULTS]
NORTH_HEMISPHERE = 1
SOUTH_HEMISPHERE = 0
SUMMER_LATITUDE_FACTOR = 0.5
AUTUMN_LATITUDE_FACTOR = 0.5
WINTER_LATITUDE_FACTOR = 0.5

[CONDITION_...]
NAME=SEASON_SUMMER_NORTH
INPUT=YEAR_PROGRESS
LAG=0

[CONDITION_...]
NAME=SEASON_AUTUMN_NORTH
INPUT=YEAR_PROGRESS
LUT=(|0=0|0.6=0|0.75=1.0|0.9=0|1=0|)
LAG=0

[CONDITION_...]
NAME=SEASON_WINTER_NORTH
INPUT=YEAR_PROGRESS
LAG=0

[CONDITION_...]
NAME=SEASON_SUMMER_SOUTH
INPUT=YEAR_PROGRESS
LAG=0

[CONDITION_...]
NAME=SEASON_AUTUMN_SOUTH
INPUT=YEAR_PROGRESS
LUT=(|0=0|0.15=0|0.3=1.0|0.45=0|1=0|)
LAG=0

[CONDITION_...]
NAME=SEASON_WINTER_SOUTH
INPUT=YEAR_PROGRESS
LAG=0

ACTIVE=$NORTH_HEMISPHERE
MATERIALS=?
KEY_0=seasonSummer
OFF_VALUE_0=ORIGINAL
CONDITION=SEASON_SUMMER_NORTH

ACTIVE=$NORTH_HEMISPHERE
MATERIALS=?
KEY_0=seasonAutumn
OFF_VALUE_0=ORIGINAL
CONDITION=SEASON_AUTUMN_NORTH

ACTIVE=$NORTH_HEMISPHERE
MATERIALS=?
KEY_0=seasonWinter
OFF_VALUE_0=0

ACTIVE=$SOUTH_HEMISPHERE
MATERIALS=?
KEY_0=seasonSummer
OFF_VALUE_0=ORIGINAL
CONDITION=SEASON_SUMMER_SOUTH

ACTIVE=$SOUTH_HEMISPHERE
MATERIALS=?
KEY_0=seasonAutumn
OFF_VALUE_0=ORIGINAL
CONDITION=SEASON_AUTUMN_SOUTH

ACTIVE=$SOUTH_HEMISPHERE
MATERIALS=?
KEY_0=seasonWinter
OFF_VALUE_0=0

I tend to customize seasonal adjustments on tracks because I find most are done incorrectly, especially for the fall. Seems most people simply turn everything fall colors when in reality grass, bushes and pine trees should not turn orange\yellow. One thing i've never been able to understand though is how you can get the proper material names. I noticed on some newer config files, people use the ? flag that I assume means it covers all materials. Would anyone know where the actual material names are if you wanted to be more selective? Are they referenced in the .kn5 files?

use "object inspector" within AC or 3dSimed.

Certainly I cannot agree on wildcard (?) material entries for seasons and probably hurts performance as well. You could apply in a much more fine grained manner and achieve interesting results.

Same as BOUNCED_LIGHT=? materials in a way (it gets too tedious to perf/spec this out for complex tracks)

? is a place to start however :)

Last edited:
Radical SR8-RX v0.90fm

View attachment 1102141

features:
  • dyno matched powerplant
  • real spec drivetrain
  • front canards visuals matched to wing value
  • complete specs and tuning documentation from Radical (./dev-info folder)
  • super fun for hotlapping

credits:
  • model found on Assettoland by ??
  • conversion & physics by @RMi_wood
  • visual canards, body tweaks and some skins by @Koldo83

missing/bugs:
  • bad damage mapping
  • VR driver position/anims?
  • no LODS

:: DOWNLOAD ::

note: this is a fun car with a physics base to be used for a future Radical mod using never released models.
Please inquire via PM if you are interested in minor conversion/3d work to put the entire range of Radicals (SR8LM, SR9, PR5/6 and SR4) to AC
This is valuable.

1640704350859.png

1640704374524.png

Well done and thank you.

Hopefully the adjustments suggested correspond to the proper reactions on track.

Note, full aero @800kg is only available at full front/rear deflections, howerver optimal downforce is achieved with full front and rear at default or lower. (default could use a sleight revision but is good enough as is)

use "object inspector" within AC or 3dSimed.

Certainly I cannot agree on wildcard (?) material entries for seasons and probably hurts performance as well. You could apply in a much more fine grained manner and achieve interesting results.

Same as BOUNCED_LIGHT=? materials in a way (it gets too tedious to perf/spec this out for complex tracks)

? is a place to start however :)

That 3dsimed program is cool. I never heard of it before. Can you use it to make a new .kn5 file to use in Assetto Corsa because I could see me wasting a lot of hours playing around with that tool?

I tend to customize seasonal adjustments on tracks because I find most are done incorrectly, especially for the fall. Seems most people simply turn everything fall colors when in reality grass, bushes and pine trees should not turn orange\yellow. One thing i've never been able to understand though is how you can get the proper material names. I noticed on some newer config files, people use the ? flag that I assume means it covers all materials. Would anyone know where the actual material names are if you wanted to be more selective? Are they referenced in the .kn5 files?
I use my config as you see above, then i remove the ? from Summer and Autumn in order to put there ONLY the materials used by the trees. I use only the ? for winter because snow will affect every material (or almost all).

Materials name can be picked with the object inspector while you are in game

I've asked Pandagarage's staff about the Btcc Fastback N and here's the reply. :)

"We hope to release a release in the spring of 2022, when the parameters of the 2022 hybrid cars become known."

I'm definitely going to have to purchase this 3dSimED program. At the very least it will allow me to get copies of the track textures so I can make some track skins. I've always had a few issues on some tracks (mostly stock tracks) with certain textures, especially the groove and tyre skid lines. For some reason they always render with a blue\purple tint on my machine. This will allow me to make them more black\grey.

I will not feed any dumb discussion about it.
Instead of driving a car alone on track, do it in a racing environment. It is not the same thing!

Really?
View attachment 1102173

P.S.: I believe most of people knows what is the feel and behavior of a RWD, FWD and AWD.

But thank you @samdale12 for remembering the most forgoten minds. I understood your point.

Just because I am a fan of something/person, doesn't mean that, that something/person, don't fail, ever.

I like this car very much. I'm planning to do a proper race with the 1991 field, driving it.
But I repeat myself. The handling is not right.
Apologies if I'm misunderstanding you Paulo (and you may already know this), but that "rwd" tag is just a tag, it doesn't mean anything apart from a mistake in the tagging. These tags can literally say anything. The car is definitely FWD, as can be seen from the data/drivetrain.ini.
Discussing a car's handling isn't 'dumb' (discussion is why a lot of us are here, after all), we all have different experiences, preferences, hardware and expectations. What's good for one person might not suit another, and all of our opinions are, of course, subjective.
I've driven lots of spec races with this car on a lot of different tracks and have enjoyed them all. I find the car very involving and like that it is quite hard to tame, but other people may not agree.
:)

Last edited:
Apologies if I'm misunderstanding you Paulo (and you may already know this), but that "rwd" tag is just a tag, it doesn't mean anything apart from a mistake in the tagging. These tags can literally say anything. The car is definitely FWD, as can be seen from the data/drivetrain.ini.
Discussing a car's handling isn't 'dumb' (discussion is why a lot of us are here, after all), we all have different experiences, preferences, hardware and expectations. What's good for one person might not suit another, and all of our opinions are, of course, subjective.
I've driven lots of spec races with this car on a lot of different tracks and have enjoyed them all. I find the car very involving and like that it is quite hard to tame, but other people may not agree.
:)
You are right.
Dumb can be the way where the discussion goes and not its essence.

Cheers

I'm definitely going to have to purchase this 3dSimED program. At the very least it will allow me to get copies of the track textures so I can make some track skins. I've always had a few issues on some tracks (mostly stock tracks) with certain textures, especially the groove and tyre skid lines. For some reason they always render with a blue\purple tint on my machine. This will allow me to make them more black\grey.
No need for 3DsimEd to do that, just create a track skin in CM and you can override (replace) any textures used with whatever you want. Giant cats, even.
(it's been done before... ;) )

Hello everyone, Im using the version 2.0 of Tocancipa, and driving against the IA, and notice that in some sectors the cars has the tendence to go offroad, anyone is suffering the same issue? is there some fix to the side lines or the IA?
thanks in advance

It's rare, but even at tropics can snow in winter. You can edit yourself by open the ext_config and remove the strings after ;;;;;; SEASONS ;;;;;

GrassFX is ok, everything works fine, sidelines are already up-to-date if Elias includeed the one made by @macko68, if not, download and overwrite with the files inside this link https://sharemods.com/o8nmi6ssa63k/Elias_Viejo_Tocancipa_UPDATES_by_CrisT86.rar.html
I even used this extension but the problem persists, I think the course was totally reworked and maybe the changes to the sidelines are from the previous version

Don't know what you have. If you have the latest version from Elias, it should work because it works on my side and not only.

Try to redownload from scratch (he should have implemented the updated files with my config) or redown and use the update above which works fine.

If not let me know, in case i will pack the full working track and send it to you

Have not driven it yet, so no comment on how realistic it feels for me. But in reality it was a horible car. Like you said, barely could keep up, I would even say it couldn't. It was just a bad car altogether, not only handling, but also it broke down almost more often than finish a race. So maybe it is realistic, if it really drives badly. Just kidding before someone attacks me, as said did not drive it yet. :)
:D
There always seems to be an orchestrated problem when people dare to say a pixelated car has bad handling.
There are bad handling cars in real life, there are are bad race cars in real life.
But there is also a general rule of how a pixelated car should 'feel'.

I've not yet delved into the cars data fils but this Opel just feels wrong to me to the point of unpleasantness.

Now i'm pretty sure it was unpleasant to race it in period, getting destroyed by other cars and comming last, in the same way that the Williams must be unpleasant to race for 70 odd laps.

A racing car is as good as how bad its opposition is right?
If Williams was racing against a field of HAAS then it'd be the best F1 car ever.

But on a track day in real life with various cars it would be awesome fun and it'll have some serious trick bits in it and be far better than many race cars and track cars.

It's not nice in this guise.
To claim "its FWD 270bhp" like that was never done before is futile when the history of FWD racing cars is huge and still the biggest choice today.

There are many FWD pixelated cars that are rewarding and fun despite the fact that there is a different way to approach how you drive them...

This car, the Opel, is a bad mod IMO.
The guy needs to work out how to do sounds properly also.
Having said all of that i got it for free so it is what it is and i'll have a fiddle with ther data files.

For clarity in 1989 John Cleland won the BTCC in one of these albeit called a vauxhall GTE and made to BTCC specs.....

Last edited:
No need for 3DsimEd to do that, just create a track skin in CM and you can override (replace) any textures used with whatever you want. Giant cats, even.
(it's been done before... ;) )

I know that, but I don't know how to get the original textures to edit other than using the 3dSimED program. It puts all the textures in a temp folder so it's easy to edit the ones I want to edit. If there is another way to extract the textures from a .kn5 file, i'm all ears cause i'm kind of new to this stuff.

Last edited:
I know that, but I don't know how to get the original textures to edit other than using the 3dSimED program. It puts all the textures in a temp folder so it's easy to edit the ones I want to edit. If there is another way to extract the textures from a .kn5 file, i'm all ears cause i'm kind of new to this stuff.
like @Masscot said... in CM you can create a skin.
When you do this:
1. CM will extract the textures and you select which ones you want
2. Name and create skin.
3. Goto named skin folder and edit textures.
4. Apply skin
5. Test in game
6. Enjoy how clever you are

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back