Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,759 comments
Don't know what you have. If you have the latest version from Elias, it should work because it works on my side and not only.

Try to redownload from scratch (he should have implemented the updated files with my config) or redown and use the update above which works fine.

If not let me know, in case i will pack the full working track and send it to you
please check yor messages, thanks

like @Masscot said... in CM you can create a skin.
When you do this:
1. CM will extract the textures and you select which ones you want
2. Name and create skin.
3. Goto named skin folder and edit textures.
4. Apply skin
5. Test in game
6. Enjoy how clever you are

I see. I never knew that was a CM option. I'll have to go and find it in CM and see how it works.

Hey Gents,

Ive come back to trying to fix Vancouver 98 and now the dynamic flags arent working. the material replacement works because if I switch the condition to "ALWAYS_ON" the materials light up... but when I use the old race flag lut code that used to work it doesnt anymore. Last time i checked it was Julyish so does anyone know if anything changed in those LUTS or how those conditions work?

Last edited:
Hey Gents,

Ive come back to trying to fix Vancouver 98 and now the dynamic flags arent working. the material replacement works because if I switch the condition to "ALWAYS_ON" the materials light up... but when I use the old race flag lut code that used to work it doesnt anymore. Last time i checked it was Julyish so does anyone know if anything changed in those LUTS or how those conditions work?
If you want i can take a look at it

That would be appreciated. Ive looked at it for a bit and it must be the LUT or condition i set up but its not working. I dont even know what build Im on of the game. Ill package 0.5a up and send to you. all it is the sound fix for when the guys noticed the XBB car sound wasnt working ( i figured that out a little while ago) and I removed the animated cars because CSP is messing with the pathing and they are all over the place. the skytrains are mostly fine but the circular route is not working well right now.

umb
Feeling is nopt perfect but I m quite sure that Tommy are working on it. Do you have some tips to get a good DTM cars of that years?
Not really no, study level cars are beyond AC, I just am happy with stuff that at least feels like driving.
Its that simple.
Drive a GT3 car or your road car its the same, round thing turns it and pedals go and stop.

One may feel quicker and billion times better, but it should not feel completely foreign.

I'd hoped we were past the "if its impossible to drive it must be correct"....

Vancouver v0.5a

v0.5a

known issues

most of 0.4a/0.3a/0.2a/0.1a issues still present.

Sound fix enabled for missing car sounds on some cars such as KTM Xbb

Removed animated trucks for now. CSP animations was not liking the pathing and they were turning all over the place on the route. May add in via path constraint later.

Fixed thanks to Ternal/CrisT86 – dynamic flags had stopped working. Works now

there is still a car atcc that I had not seen​

ATCC Toyota Corolla AE86 GrpA – v1.0​

I will add it
As far i remember i tried to run this Corolla with those ATCC cars once. And this Toyota did not fit in BOP wise. Do you plan to adjust this too?

Thank you for this. Finally can run these cars without micro stuterings 👍:

Great stuff.:bowdown: Just love "retro racing" Could you reveal please which cars and skins are all included in the video ?

EDIT: I think i found out: Most of them are in the ATCC pack, the 325i and the Benz are the kunos or Tommys once. The Alfas 75 could be from Assettoland. The Sierra from the RD Sierra pack. But the Corolla GT :confused:

Last edited:
Radical SR8-RX v0.90fm

View attachment 1102141

features:
  • dyno matched powerplant
  • real spec drivetrain
  • front canards visuals matched to wing value
  • complete specs and tuning documentation from Radical (./dev-info folder)
  • super fun for hotlapping

credits:
  • model found on Assettoland by ??
  • conversion & physics by @RMi_wood
  • visual canards, body tweaks and some skins by @Koldo83

missing/bugs:
  • bad damage mapping
  • VR driver position/anims?
  • no LODS

:: DOWNLOAD ::

note: this is a fun car with a physics base to be used for a future Radical mod using never released models.
Please inquire via PM if you are interested in minor conversion/3d work to put the entire range of Radicals (SR8LM, SR9, PR5/6 and SR4) to AC
Sir, great car! Thank you for this and all the other great mods you share with us.

I see the trove of technical data in the dev-info folder, and noticed the default setup from Radical specifies 2mm toe out (per side) on the front, and 3mm toe in (per side) on the rear - this is very much consistent with what I would expect a default setup to look like. I also noticed that the mod defaults to toe in front and rear, and that I reach the limits of adjustment to try and get something close to the Radical setup. Was this a conscious choice? Or is there something I can play with to open up the window?

Again, thank you and all the best for the new year.

Great stuff.:bowdown: Just love "retro racing" Could you reveal please which cars and skins are all included in the video ?

EDIT: I think i found out: Most of them are in the ATCC pack, the 325i and the Benz are the kunos or Tommys once. The Alfas 75 could be from Assettoland. The Sierra from the RD Sierra pack. But the Corolla GT :confused:
There were 3 different classes in group A worldwide homologation in the 80s. So you had multi class races. Class 3 (over 3000 cc), which were the strongest (in 1986 for example: bmw 635, holden VK, Rover sd1, Sierra, Volvo 240,...), class 2 (2000-3000 cc), which were smaller cars and were around 3,4 seconds slower per lap (1986: bmw 325, Alfa 75 (75 Turbo ran in class 3 in '87 and '88, well sort of, there were no more class 2 and 1 in those years), Mercedes Evo-190 (the old one, not the evo II we have in AC) and class 1 (under 2000 cc), which were even 5 sec a lap slower (Corolla, VW Golf,...). ETCC was like a champions league of best cars from different competitions around the world (BTCC, DTM, ITCC, ATCC, STCC, ...). I created a skin pack for ETCC 1986 which ran: class 3: 3 TSW Bastos Rovers from BTCC (not my skins, found them on RD), 2 Schnitzer BMW 635 from DTM, 3 Ci-bi-emme 635 from ITCC, 1 Garage du Bac 635 from Belcar championship in Belgium, 2 RAS Volvo 240 from Swedish Stcc, 2 Eggenberger Ford Sierra's from DTM, 2 holdens from ATCC Australia (HDT, National team) and for class 2: 2 Mercedes Snoebeck, 2 Mercedes Persson (both teams from DTM I think), 2 Linder bmw 325 (DTM) and two Alfa 75 (jolly team from Italian ITCC). I didn't bother with class 1. I had to create (better say modify some cars, as we don't have them in AC (325, the correct Alfa 75, Merc 190 and Sierra). The rest are from atcc pack which were updated by easy. I BOPed all the cars, so they ran around one second from each other inside the class and I managed to bop them so they run around 1,2 seconds inside actual lap times in 1986.

So here's the pack if you want it. For easy cars, you need to install easy's pack, as there are only skins and slightly modified data.acd file (cause bop) in zip. So backup data.acd for those, cause the file will be overwritten. Other 4 are whole new cars and will not overwrite anything. I also included a race grid preset for content manager (link inside the txt file in zip) . Enjoy. Oh and here is great movie for etcc 1986 season if you like these old series like I do:

Last edited:
Sometimes in the Content Manager Showroom, after looking into some models (10-30 Cars) this here happens:

system.accessviolationexception attempted to read or write protected memory and it crashes sometimes then the Paintshop applys the colours to the model.

Why is this, ive got 12Gb Ram btw.

There were 3 different classes in group A worldwide homologation in the 80s. So you had multi class races. Class 3 (over 3000 cc), which were the strongest (in 1986 for example: bmw 635, holden VK, Rover sd1, Sierra, Volvo 240,...), class 2 (2000-3000 cc), which were smaller cars and were around 3,4 seconds slower per lap (1986: bmw 325, Alfa 75 (75 Turbo ran in class 3 in '87 and '88, well sort of, there were no more class 2 and 1 in those years), Mercedes Evo-190 (the old one, not the evo II we have in AC) and class 1 (under 2000 cc), which were even 5 sec a lap slower (Corolla, VW Golf,...). ETCC was like a champions league of best cars from different competitions around the world (BTCC, DTM, ITC, ATCC, STCC, ...). I created a skin pack for ETCC 1986 which ran: class 3: 3 TSW Bastos Rovers from BTCC (not my skins, found them on RD), 2 Schnitzer BMW 635 from DTM, 3 Ci-bi-emme 635 from ITCC, 1 Garage du Bac 635 from Belcar championship in Belgium, 2 RAS Volvo 240 from Swedish Stcc, 2 holdens from ATCC Australia (HDT, National team) and for class 2: 2 Mercedes Snoebeck, 2 Mercedes Persson (both teams from DTM I think), 2 Linder bmw 325 (DTM) and two Alfa 75 (jolly team from Italian ITCC). I didn't bother with class 1. I had to create (better say modify some cars, as we don't have them in AC (325, the correct Alfa 75, Merc 190 and Sierra). The rest are from atcc pack which were updated by easy. I BOPed all the cars, so they ran around one second from each other inside the class and I managed to bop them so they run around 1,2 seconds inside actual lap times in 1986.

So here's the pack if you want it. For easy cars, you need to install easy's pack, as there are only skins and slightly modified data.acd file (cause bop) in zip. So backup data.acd for those, cause the file will be overwritten. Other 4 are whole new cars and will not overwrite anything. I also included a race grid preset for content manager (link inside the txt file in zip) . Enjoy. Oh and here is great movie for etcc 1986 season if you like these old series like I do:

Great, thanks. You hit my taste :bowdown: also with the video cause i am a Volvo fan/driver IRL too :D

My update on this Mugen Accord.
1640708301787.png

Well, I was able to drive it, but...
Assetto Corsa - Accord.png

Before booting the car up, I would get a "failed to decrypt model..." type of error.

oohhh.... volvo? .... you know... VW is just around the corner ;)
:lol: yeah i heard of ...
For real i had some bigger problems with vw engine powered car in the past (octavia rs) and decided to give another brand a chance. Did not regret it so far since 4 years.

So here's the pack if you want it. For easy cars, you need to install easy's pack, as there are only skins and slightly modified data.acd file (cause bop) in zip. So backup data.acd for those, cause the file will be overwritten.
Theoretically if i want run ATCC and ETCC at same time (is the goal) i could create copys of the ATCC cars with the Car Tuner and overwrite there data files with your modified files. That could work. I give it a try tommorow. thx again

(non CM user)

anyone had the issue where the driver view is panned slightly meaning you arent looking down the centerline of the car.
Been trying to reset it and when I hold ctrl and space it shows the line off center but I cant line it up and ive run the wizard a few times.

edit... the fix for this is setting motion blur to 0 in CSP... no idea but it fixed it.

Last edited:
Is there any good tachometer app that adjusts to the car's maximum RPM? P-Dash tachos don't adjust to the car and it's annoying. I have an Initial D tachometer app but I don't really like its designs.

Great, thanks. You hit my taste :bowdown: also with the video cause i am a Volvo fan/driver IRL too :D
Volvo is the most fun car to drive in the pack IMO. And I think is quite realistic. Had a chance to drive the 240 many years ago and this is how I remember it "feeling". :-)
Theoretically if i want run ATCC and ETCC at same time (is the goal) i could create copys of the ATCC cars with the Car Tuner and overwrite there data files with your modified files. That could work. I give it a try tommorow. thx again

(non CM user)
If you wish. No need though. The bop is minimal. We are talking 1, maybe 2 seconds a lap slower or faster. And all done with aero settings or ai changes. Didn't touch the handling. Because these cars maybe don't look the part, but are extremely well done physics wise. I remember reading from the original author he had a lot of input in creating these from actual drivers. So they are mostly very accurate. And the regulations were the same in Australia and Europe, so they were not changed much going from atcc to etcc, they are basically the same cars.

Last edited:
Radical SR8-RX v0.90fm

View attachment 1102141

features:
  • dyno matched powerplant
  • real spec drivetrain
  • front canards visuals matched to wing value
  • complete specs and tuning documentation from Radical (./dev-info folder)
  • super fun for hotlapping

credits:
  • model found on Assettoland by ??
  • conversion & physics by @RMi_wood
  • visual canards, body tweaks and some skins by @Koldo83

missing/bugs:
  • bad damage mapping
  • VR driver position/anims?
  • no LODS

:: DOWNLOAD ::

note: this is a fun car with a physics base to be used for a future Radical mod using never released models.
Please inquire via PM if you are interested in minor conversion/3d work to put the entire range of Radicals (SR8LM, SR9, PR5/6 and SR4) to AC
@RMi_wood this Radical was a dream to drive when we had it on FileMissing's Hotlap Server. Had a great time with this car and thanks for sharing! Question for you, were there any changes done to it since we used on the server? Just wondering if I should override. I had some setup changes which I'm not sure if they will be blown away. :cheers:

Last edited:
Wondering if someone can try something for me. I made a quick skin and ext_config for Virginia International. I'm not even sure if i'm using the most up to date version of the track so this might not work if there is a newer version than the one I have. It's nothing special but I always felt the track looked a bit too yellow in the trees and grass. So I edited those files and also made a small ext_config change to keep the grass from turning orange in the fall. Wondering if I went too far on the amount of yellow I removed from the grass and trees so I would like an opinion. You can name the skin folder to whatever name you want. I just used a generic 'Updated' name for now. Thanks for any feedback...

vir_skin

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back