Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,749 comments
Sadly no unfortunately. Assetto Mods - Car and Track database apparently are working on VT's and AU's but considering everything else they have spit out has been absolute garbage, I'm simply not holding my breath for these to be any better.

Maybe if the V8Corsa guys would start making more of the older cars rather than the current rubbish that would be very welcome. Even if they just re-bodied their current cars to look like VT's and AU's would be mad! Its not like their cars are particularly accurate anyways so who would notice.

It would be epic to have the VT and VX V8 Supercars in Assetto Corsa though! Definitely my preferred eras of V8 Supercars. I was recently at the Bathurst Motor Racing Museum and the HRT Skaife\Lowndes VT is a weapon of a machine even just sitting there!
First of all sorry for the late response. To be fair to them the Mustang is a diffcult car to model because it's a two-door car on a four-door chassis. But yeah if anyone that does work on the V8Corsa mod, we would love to see the VT or VX Commodore and the AU Falcon V8's. It would be amazing to have these cars for AC.

can you tell me if the new animation suits you better?
Yes it is better, thanks.

Although driver_60 is an improvement of a kind, the driver still wears goggles and a face covering, which destroys all authenticity for me. Nobody wore goggles or a face covering in closed sports cars in 1967. So I prefer to use a driver model with an open face of which there are several available. I will post a zip file of a few this weekend.

by 1970 or so sports car drivers were wearing Nomex suits and this included mufflers and balaclavas for fire protection. You can Steve McQueen wearing one in the film Le Mans. But no goggles Of course!

Changing the driver model in your version doesn’t cause any problems (as long as you have the driver and a correctly written driver3D.ini which hides the right helmet and face parts). Driver position and the shift animation seem fine.

I agree with Masscot’s approach to driver suits. It saves a lot of space if you use a skin.ini

I also sometimes use an ext_config to change driver models for different skins.

Attachments

• Screenshot_actk_ford_gt40_mk4_le_grand_circuit_1967_16-1-122-9-16-51.jpg
    Screenshot_actk_ford_gt40_mk4_le_grand_circuit_1967_16-1-122-9-16-51.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 18
  • __custom_showroom_1642322127.png
    __custom_showroom_1642322127.png
    292 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
driver_60 is a Kunos driver and can be references in the config. No need to add the kn5 separately.
Adding the race suits can also be done via skin.ini in each skin folder.
If you've still got my version, have a look in any skin folder. The skin.ini in each skin folder will have this (my driver was driver_70, so change accordingly to suit yours - I'm guessing driver_60?):

[driver_70]
SUIT=\classic\white_red
GLOVES=\classicpastel\grey_dark
HELMET=\helmet_1969\white

[CREW]
SUIT=\type1\blue_white
HELMET=\blue
BRAND=\ford

The kit listed above is all Kunos kit so can be referenced by the config in this way rather than having 5 MB DDSes in each skin folder (that's how I saved 110 MB).
Look in content/texture for all the driver kit, find the 60's stuff and reference it in the skin.ini
Different skins can have different kit assigned to them simply by editing the skin.ini in each skin folder.

Non-Kunos driver/crew kit can also be referenced by a skin.ini but the kit has first to be added to the content/texture... folder in the correct place. This can get messy with mods if the user doesn't add the kit properly, hence so many complaints about missing drivers when a car mod has Vin Diesel referenced in the config but the user doesn't have him in the right place in their content folder.
I removed the helmet with blender from the driver_60.kn5, could it do as a custom driver?

pilote60.jpg

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1642327147.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1642327147.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 29
  • __custom_showroom_1642327131.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1642327131.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 34
  • __custom_showroom_1642327112.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1642327112.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 30
  • __custom_showroom_1642327043.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1642327043.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 34

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1642327376.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1642327376.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 19
  • __custom_showroom_1642327358.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1642327358.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 19
  • __custom_showroom_1642327331.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1642327331.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 19
Hello everyone. I have a problem with the Monaco 2021 track by Blackcelica. The game crashes on launch and these messages appear:
1642277047601.png
1642328179905.png

I don't know if this is related but I have CSP version 1.77 preview1 and I find this issue just for this track.

you wanted a pilot without helmet, the one I propose can do the job?
No not without a helmet! They all wore helmets by regulation from the early 50s. Just no goggles and no mouchoir.

When I am in a pack of cars along Hunaudières at 280kph and I look left and right and see sinister clones driving alongside me with goggles and a face covering it sort of spoils the immersion.

Last edited:
I don't know why but when I edit a new champ and set the track temperature to 26.0 (and click save obvious...) when I come back to the champ automatically the temperature is reset to default 18.0. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I have a problem with the Monaco 2021 track by Blackcelica. The game crashes on launch and these messages appear:
1642277047601.png
View attachment 1106149

I don't know if this is related but I have CSP version 1.77 preview1 and I find this issue just for this track.
But the reason must not necessarily be the 1.77p1 (at most a certain setting possibly). I drove the track yesterday by chance and also have the same CSP version. Everything works fine for me.

I was under the impression that since the last update, Lausitzring on RD is bang up to date?
Layoutwise yes, it's the most recent one. That doesn't make it a good version of it though, just the only decent one available. That weird drop into T1 (infield), same for DTM turn what, 5/6/7? No banking in the final turn...It's the current layout, but on a compromised foundation.

But the reason must not necessarily be the 1.77p1 (at most a certain setting possibly). I drove the track yesterday by chance and also have the same CSP version. Everything works fine for me.
Thanks for answer
Maybe i'ts related to my settings, I also have this message on the game :
1642329562809.png

I like cooperation and to credit and thank those who help and who created things, because I cannot create from scratch.

Personally for me it is a rare case somebody releases some contribution to the community without contacting me in private firstly. Honestly I am positive for independant updates of my works without that contact, but 99% of the time others come to me first in private, discuss the additions/changes and I have included them in the next update.

Maybe in my case it is a show of respect for my works, and I am very happy with this, honored by it infact!
(I thought people hated my stuff because nobody ever posts public fixes for it!)

It is a new year, lets all try to cooperate and show respect for all in our hobby!

damn, I was trying to enjoy some sweet cake.
whick cake

View attachment 1106158
Would this work for you?
It's fine though the face is very pale and I can't see why it is better that the one you liked above. This is not an issue for me personally as I am already using driver_early_60 and have rationalised the skin folders to give different coloured helmets. But it is of course your choice which driver you want to associate with your car. If it's not a Kunos one I suggest you include the model with your download.

Is there a way to disable/remove the 3d Grass for the Kunos Tracks with World Details set to Max ? I don´t like them.
I don´t use GrassFx either. Thanks

New Track by CrisT86 & @pugsang

Aldo Scribante Race Circuit v1.0

- v1.0 rFactor2 by chickenDuck (A huge thanks to him for giving us the ok to convert it for AC)

- v1.0 by CrisT & Pugsang
- Coversion from rFactor2 by Pugsang
- New pitlane fix by @KevinK2 and new AI by @LiquidSkyMan
- New ext_config featuring RainFX, LightFX, GrassFX and seasonal adjustment by CrisT86
- New VAO patch by CrisT86
- New TV Cams (1 set, 4 different FOVs) by CrisT86
- New semaphore.ini by CrisT86
- New drs_zones.ini by CrisT86
- New UI, map and preview by CrisT86

Once again many thanks to chickenDuck for the trust and the permission to convert for AC this and all others South Africa circuits he made.

!!!!! IMPORTANT !!!!!

inside the ext_config we disabled the extended track physics for deforming barriers due to the high amount of barries and possible low performances if enabled. You can enable it by "decommenting" (remove the ; before each line in the section) the features inside the ext_config but, as said, be aware for possible low performances.

Screenshot_lada_revolution_aldo_scribante_16-0-122-11-15-28.jpg
Screenshot_lada_revolution_aldo_scribante_16-0-122-11-15-38.jpg
Screenshot_lada_revolution_aldo_scribante_16-0-122-11-15-55.jpg
Screenshot_lada_revolution_aldo_scribante_16-0-122-11-16-17.jpg
Screenshot_lada_revolution_aldo_scribante_16-0-122-11-16-35.jpg
Screenshot_lada_revolution_aldo_scribante_16-0-122-11-16-45.jpg
Screenshot_lada_revolution_aldo_scribante_16-0-122-11-19-56.jpg
Screenshot_lada_revolution_aldo_scribante_16-0-122-11-20-21.jpg

ENOJY!

Last edited:
The skin.ini in each skin folder will have this (my driver was driver_70, so change accordingly to suit yours - I'm guessing driver_60?):

[driver_70]
SUIT=\classic\white_red
GLOVES=\classicpastel\grey_dark
HELMET=\helmet_1969\white
I did not know about those skin.ini, I have learned something new, thank you for sharing this information.
In this example, the helmet is white, if I wanted the helmet to match the color of the car/skin, how should I do it, what should I write? just a generic color, like orange? or is it a way to refer it to the exact color of the skin?

Additionally, thank you for being the bigger men, in that discussion and making this thread, as you usually do, a better place, for all of us.

No problem! The car was first converted by 1st Studio Race if I'm not mistaken, but it had horrible physics and later was modified by one of our friendship leagues called Guerreiros Do AV. This week one of the leagues released the Sprint Race car from Brazil too:
View attachment 1106115

A very good car for GT Sprint Race Brasil but I haven't Taruma circuit to complete the calendar. I have one version but it has only 2 pits.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back