Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,230 comments
I was wondering if it was coming to the end of the road a bit, nothing really significant has been shown for a while now. Of course I am hugely appreciative of what he has done with CSP.
Not sure we are anywhere near that point yet, I have found for me personally that AC had become a bubble, its all i ever played I cancelled iRacing as i didn't use it enough, i went down rabbit holes with basic modding or tracks and cars etc to the point i wasn't even racing much.
Then when i upgraded my system i went back to try other titles as you do and realised how much else there is around.
Then i got MSFS and i due to combination of burn out and getting out of the bubble, i find myself loading up other stuff before AC now.

AMS2 has in particular really come of age, i am thinking of getting back into iRacing too.

I think if you are in that bubble still and trying to make AC everything, a one stop shop, you start to forget how much fun you can have playing other games of all genres.

So yes those in the bubble will still be in the bubble in 5 years.

Having said that i stuck it on the other night and it was great, but the fact there is a new filter to try out or new mod or new whatever, now is a bit grating to me.
Yeah i burnt out on it, but many haven't.

Because with like AMS2 there is little to change if anything, within 2 minutes i'm doing a race no messing about swapping filters or pre-sets.

I think the point i downloaded a motorbike mod which was terrible, then played RIDE 4, I thought "why am i riding a motorbike in AC?".

Last edited:
Hi! Is it possibile to change the font of Race Essential? Thanks.
assettocorsa\apps\python\RaceEssentials\RaceEssentials.py, line 289/290:
Python:
#Initialize font
ac.initFont(0, "Consolas", 1, 1)
line 310:
Python:
ac.setCustomFont(gearLabel, "Consolas", 0, 1)
etc...

Edit: Personally I would introduce a new variable holding the font name and reference that in place of the hard-coded font names. Then you only need to change one value in order to switch to another font.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your reply on my previous question, I was essentially wondering if I was the only one to usually drive with 20 or lower cars, and everybody else was racing 30 to 40. Apparently not, 24 seems common, and 20 doesn't seems too low, or just for a few people (I'm looking at you, @sab001 , damn your cpu must love you very much).

Good thing then :D
Well, guess what, my new skinpack is out ! And there are... 20.

It features a fictional racing serie based in the south-west USA, the Porsche & Emory Supercup !

__custom_showroom_1645204950.jpg

I really enjoyed driving the wonderful Porsche 356 RSR Emory, thank you very much @petercrill , and I wanted to make it race. So here it is, with plenty of new liveries just for that.

Screenshot_por_356rsremory_60_riverside_18-1-122-15-51-51.jpg

You can download the pack here :

And for the car if needed, it's here :

Enjoy !

Thank you all for your reply on my previous question, I was essentially wondering if I was the only one to usually drive with 20 or lower cars, and everybody else was racing 30 to 40. Apparently not, 24 seems common, and 20 doesn't seems too low, or just for a few people (I'm looking at you, @sab001 , damn your cpu must love you very much).

It features a fictional racing serie based in the south-west USA, the Porsche & Emory Supercup !

View attachment 1115231

I really enjoyed driving the wonderful Porsche 356 RSR Emory, thank you very much @petercrill , and I wanted to make it race. So here it is, with plenty of new liveries just for that.

View attachment 1115236

Enjoy !
No link for the skin pack.

The requested resource could not be found.

Last edited:
assettocorsa\apps\python\RaceEssentials\RaceEssentials.py, line 289/290:
Python:
#Initialize font
ac.initFont(0, "Consolas", 1, 1)
line 310:
Python:
ac.setCustomFont(gearLabel, "Consolas", 0, 1)
etc...
Thank You Very Very Much!

Hi mates,

Is there any way to make the AI run decently on water conditions?
I've tried to put them on rain tires setting a new default setup... but they keep going offtrack every corner.

Thanks.

Question about the AI: If I drive a trackday with 20 other cars (Spa or Nordschleife), the Ki makes a car extremely slow (1st gear). Everything is stuck behind it. If I delete this, the Ki takes another car and makes it slow! What could that be?
Did you disabled the AI settings in Content Manager?

Tobeka by Frasie - Test release version

I apologize for the delay gang. Frasie tested it and wanted me to wait to post on RD for an updated credits.

So this is a test version before RD post hopefully just in time for everyone's weekend.

Included is the updated 1.8 version seperated into 2 layouts.
The updated version and a version called Rain test.
The rain test version has the surface friction reduced by about 18% to see if it would serve as a stop gap to the lack of rain physics.
This needs testing and is there to get some feedback. The other version is the updated normal version
Cars were running about 13 seconds slower on average. Im not sure how this feels to the player or whether wet tires helps or not.

Full disclosure- this is the same as the ACTK version but the ACTK version doesnt have the rain test. In the early days I told Easy I would give him one and so to try to keep my word in the middle I did give him the updated version as well as following through on Frasie's wish to have one on RD. So the ACTK prefix version and the fra prefix version are identical.

I did an install test and this did seem to install fine via CM.

7h4Cjdw.jpg

Credits
Frasie - Original track
Easy - Conversion
CosmiC10R - updates - released with Permission
CrisT86 - config and help
KevinK2 - AI and help
RT team - Airliner with permission

NOTE
This is the same track as the ACTK version. This was released on RD at Frasie's request.

*I have included v1.4 grassfs in a seperate ini.
If the grassFX in the current extconfig doesnt work try copy and pasting that over*
This was primarily due to seasonal adjustments.
I have attached a seperate INI if you want those adjustments

Changelog

-3 new updated cams by CrisT86
-changed fence texture to a better one
-hand replaced all trees for my 9 tree dds
-upgraded some of the close up to track ones with a high def one and all blocktransformed
-added a few lilacs as well
-Working Dynamic Groove added (redone with New KevinK2 AI)
-Working Flags and better flag poles added
-Balloons using track sponsors added - Credit to Masscot, used his off of RD and retextured to local
-Blimp added with Tobeka Kansas Logo - Credit to Masscot, used his off of RD and retextured to local
-working track lighting
-added light to the tunnels using existing meshes and two different brightnesses.
-updated Config by CrisT86
-AI full update by KevinK2 (way better, cars can go 2 and three wide through corners
-Added RainFX
-fixed floating objects
-removed old 3d people but left some along main straight
-replaced all vehicles including parking lot
-added AC ambulance, Fire truck and moving truck
-added TV van with local Kansas news station
-added AC track marshalls and camera guys
-Added AC crew stuff
-seperated visual and physical road mesh and subdivided road mesh to higher density quad mesh
-added Working green lights and dynamic flags
-added Tv screens on trucks
-added Reverb to all stands and bridges
-added Thanks billboard
-updated Ui.json
-Reboot team Airliner, note - helicopters with Permission pulled temporarily I didn't get this right.
-updated VAO patch

see postnfarther along for v1.9

Last edited:
Hi guys ! Quick question : How many cars is a grid for you ?

I mean, I know, it DEPENDS, obviously. The track, the serie, the type of cars, or basically your cpu, also... but still, how many cars do you use in a grid for a race, usually ?

In other words, if I want to make a skinpack for a full race grid that is worth using, about how many skins does it need to become useful in your opinion ?

For me it's 20. My CPU rarely accept more than 20 cars on AC, and it's usually enough as I don't try to virtualize multi class endurance racing or something.
I currently run 30-32 in mixed class racing. Reasonably optimized tracks i can get 60-70fps and well optimized higher.

The LODs generator in CM helped me achieve this and in some cases I had to optimize some tracks myself.
They are all different cars tho so skinpack wise its not as important for me in the mixed classes.

Last edited:

View attachment 1115231

View attachment 1115236

Enjoy !
Can i include it on the next update of the car ? :)

Edit:what an amazing job !!

Last edited:
Toyota FT-1 Vision GT GR3 Custom Championship
Race around the Americas, Europe, Asia and Oceania Reboot Team Tracks in Gran Turismo style

16 cars representing some of the Japanese Prefecture districts take part in 22 Races from around the globe using the brilliant Reboot Team circuits and Deplinsky's/REVO 1.2 version of the Toyota Ft-1 Vision GT GR3 AC mod car
__custom_showroom_1645211622.jpg
Screenshot_toyota_ft-1_vision_gt_gr3_rt_bannochbrae_18-1-122-19-23-24.jpg

There are some minor errors in the skins due to the models mapping (rear mainly and tyre manufacture) but hopefully they don't detract too much

I have also included my #13 Wales Skin that I use - You can change the drivers name in the UI file for ease of use (I can easily place a generic name on the skin if you so wish)

Please feel free to use, amend and share if you so wish or dump if so inclined 🤔

Car v1.2 Skins v1.2: All are fictional skins with real Japanese driver names

Circuits: https://tm-modding.eu/reboot-team-tracks/
Okutama Grand Circuit: https://www.mediafire.com/file/u7mt...PxxScwFNg5NslQg1upjCaJy7WXGmmuIOrx_1KLoCHu7Bk

1. Bannochbrae v.1.1
2. Zolder
3. Paris 2.1
4. Autodrom Most
5. Hungaroring
6. Reservoir GP
7. Lago Maggiore 1.3
8. Misano World Circuit
9. Dubai Autodrome
10. Macau
11. Fuji Speedway
12. Okutama Grand Circuit
13. Suzuka
14. Mount Panorama (Bathurst)
15. Mont Tremblant
16. Sonoma Raceway
17. Lime Rock Park
18. Chicago Street Circuit v.1.2
19. Port Newark
20. Daytona v.1.3
21. Sebring
22. Circuit De la Sarthe (LeMans) 2.1

Attachments

• Screenshot_toyota_ft-1_vision_gt_gr3_rt_bannochbrae_18-1-122-19-23-11.jpg
    Screenshot_toyota_ft-1_vision_gt_gr3_rt_bannochbrae_18-1-122-19-23-11.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_toyota_ft-1_vision_gt_gr3_14_belgium_gp22_14-1-122-16-7-18.jpg
    Screenshot_toyota_ft-1_vision_gt_gr3_14_belgium_gp22_14-1-122-16-7-18.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
The thing that keeps me coming back to Assetto Corsa is that there's some new mod or other literally every day.
Yep I used to say that, I'm deep into 3000 hours on AC and now the 'new mod must try' is grating, for me personally, others mileage may vary.
Now its MSFS trying out planes etc and airports blah blah blah.

The way i play AC now is I know the cars I like to race and just do those, actual racing.

AC looks and feels great and always will.

Hello everyone.

I've just learned how to use the CSP wipers animation tool. It is fantastic! It is so easy now... It's just about to understand a few things but after that you can animate almost any wipers in less than 10 mins....

I realy like this 3 cars that didn't have animated wipers... just in case someone is interested...
I'm not going to share de cars because this is just 0.01% of the work... Just copy what is inside these files in the ext_config.ini for each car.

Cheers!

Attachments

• ferrari_sf90_stradale_animated_wiper.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 14
  • gue_bmw_m6_gt3_acc_animated_wipers.txt
    2 KB · Views: 16
  • tgn_audi_r8_v10_plus_2016_patreon_animate_wiper.txt
    2 KB · Views: 13
You guys know why the two Calibra's (Legion and the one on RD) have this weird rim glitch ?

Screenshot_fia_class_1_opel_calibra_v6_4x4_tmm_oschersleben_18-1-122-21-38-55.jpg

Screenshot_zs_calibra_dtm_tmm_oschersleben_18-1-122-21-43-17.jpg

In CM and showroom they're fine... Up until you try to race the car.

Last edited:
Not sure we are anywhere near that point yet, I have found for me personally that AC had become a bubble, its all i ever played I cancelled iRacing as i didn't use it enough, i went down rabbit holes with basic modding or tracks and cars etc to the point i wasn't even racing much.
Then when i upgraded my system i went back to try other titles as you do and realised how much else there is around.
Then i got MSFS and i due to combination of burn out and getting out of the bubble, i find myself loading up other stuff before AC now.

AMS2 has in particular really come of age, i am thinking of getting back into iRacing too.

I think if you are in that bubble still and trying to make AC everything, a one stop shop, you start to forget how much fun you can have playing other games of all genres.

So yes those in the bubble will still be in the bubble in 5 years.

Having said that i stuck it on the other night and it was great, but the fact there is a new filter to try out or new mod or new whatever, now is a bit grating to me.
Yeah i burnt out on it, but many haven't.

Because with like AMS2 there is little to change if anything, within 2 minutes i'm doing a race no messing about swapping filters or pre-sets.

I think the point i downloaded a motorbike mod which was terrible, then played RIDE 4, I thought "why am i riding a motorbike in AC?".
Well for me is that i love old cars ('50-'90). And love driving them on some nice vintage tracks that only assetto corsa can deliver. Not one other sim does that. So..... Long live AC !! :P

Every time I drove Deutschlandring, I always wished it had proper season changes because the track would look wonderful with the fall colors peaking through the green of the Pines. Turns out, it does look cool.

View attachment 1115091
One was done (quite long time ago) and by the way can be used for one more better, deep fried autumn CM skin or what ..

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back