Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
That article really doesn’t cover shifting once the car is moving.

Once again. Just a small post. *OP was unable to receive a pm. Otherwise, he would have received the note. Probably best to defer any questions to VRC regarding the data (as well as real-world input) and how anyone feels a car should be simulated to them. I think if people come to the understanding that modded cars are simulated and not replicated, there wouldn't be so much scrutiny. Thanks to all modders who have done their best to make our hobby as immersive as possible.
Cheers

Going through a lot of the stock tracks and making changes to their track config files to correct what I see as some mistakes in the colors of certain things. One of the big things I see on most of the tracks is the purple tinted groove and skid mark textures. If I intend to make these available at some point, is it better or more convenient to make the groove and skid mark color changes as a small track skin or as an entry in the ext_config file as a shader or model replacement that can be set active or inactive? I would think the skin would be easier for people to enable and disable if they want since it doesn't involve editing any files.

@petercrill released another super fun track toy! Thank you so much for bringing cars of this quality to AC!
Ariel Atom 3 Supercharged Release

View attachment 1129068

I noticed the windshield removing the shadows underneath cars. Is this something related to ppf?
And also I only see the revv bar in the dashboard, I don´t know if it is supposed to be that way or if there´s an issue on my side.

View attachment 1129069

None the less, extremely fun! Thanks again!
Appears to be one of those vehicles where ABS=1 results in the brakes barely working at all. Only downside to an otherwise fun car to drive about in.

I noticed the windshield removing the shadows underneath cars. Is this something related to ppf?
No, its a wrong shader. Happens with a lot of cars.

I've always wanted to take a look at that issue bc it should be possible to fix with a shader replacement, but atm I have too much stuff to take care of. Live is a biatch sometimes.

Jeddah F1 2022 & 2021 addons (for CHQ version) are now available at RD ! 🙂

Lot of work with all the drawings with this one... 😅
Let's make a petition to the FIA to not include drawings on tracks anymore please !!! 😂
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_x_evo_honda_jeddah_2021_chq_26-2-122-10-22-31.jpg

Last edited:
Appears to be one of those vehicles where ABS=1 results in the brakes barely working at all. Only downside to an otherwise fun car to drive about in.
(this is reg Ariel Atom 3 Supercharged Release )

yeah they should prob incl some better ABS :) (but without is also fun)

I see a couple of other things right away that can be improved (with below 3 fixed would be a 5 star for me):
1) If you position your head correctly on the driver model (VR) , then the gear indicator leds are right behind the steering wheel and can't be seen ... The wheel can and should go up a few cm imho.
2) ai does not race - they stand still when lights out (on k+, eg Spa).
3) gearshift animation is wrong (hand is not on the poke but way in front of it)

Can someone who is patron convey these things pls? :)
cheers and have a good weekend all!

I see a couple of other things right away that can be improved (with below 3 fixed would be a 5 star for me):
1) If you position your head correctly on the driver model (VR) , then the gear indicator leds are right behind the steering wheel and can't be seen ... The wheel can and should go up a few cm imho.
3) gearshift animation is wrong (hand is not on the poke but way in front of it)

You can always send him a PM here ;) or just tag him @petercrill. I know fixes are being worked on...

I notice that the automatic gear shifting doesn't work either. Not a huge deal but I always feel like a mod is unfinished when stuff like this hasn't been implemented.

Trying to get rid of the Assetto Corsa billboards all over the stock tracks. Even for a newb it's easy enough to change the graphic, but can any texture expert here give me some advice on the best way to give it that weathered look. Thanks...

Last edited:
Check your PMs, let me know if it doesn't work
It works! I have no idea what happened to my data.acd. I don't think I ever even unpacked it much less modified it, but it was about half the size of your replacement file. Anyway, at last I can go online and test my meagre skills against younger souls. Thanks again!

St. Petersburg 2003 1.15

Urban track in Florida, USA.
convertion from GTR2 and GTL.

Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_st_petersburg_2003_26-2-122-22-14-47.jpg
Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_st_petersburg_2003_26-2-122-22-13-18.jpg

-CSP required
-32 pit/start
-AI, cam
-2003/2020 Billboards like skin

Credits & Thanks;
Zero-G for his scratch build
Neel Jani for GTR1 version
IDT Simulations for rF verison and Thank you for gave me permission.
LeeJr for GTR2 Version
Der Dumeklemmer for GTL Version and Thank you for gave me permission.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI by @KevinK2
Cam by @ckkjw398 , @racealot
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
Test and Feedback by @breathe_reprise , @Masscot , @Fanapryde
marshall, and grass textures by kunos
(Up to v1.0) light config, tarmac skin, loading screenshot by @racealot

v1.1 changelog;
I changed the source to GTR2 and started over.
If you want to remove the loading screenshot, you can find the corresponding file in assettocorsa\extension\backgrounds.

v1.15 changelog;
AI updated by @KevinK2

Enjoy.
Patreon-only track requests are now being accepted.

Last edited:

Let's make a petition to the FIA to not include drawings on tracks anymore please !!! 😂
View attachment 1129153

Looking great at daytime but at nights, the asphalt is basically white.

I'm using Sol_Extra & Sol_ time to time at default.

And yes, now it drops 20s at night on FPS.

But, again, it looks great. Only needs a proper track limit & DRS zones file + Hotlap Start Point.

View attachment 1129153

Thanks a lot!
I wonder if it's just me, but I don't find a vao extension for this track. Did someone made one?

Can somebody help me out here, please? I keep getting a checksum error online with what I thought was a box-stock Tatuus FA01. The checksum is only affected by the data.acd (or folder, if unpacked), right? If that's the case, can somebody share an unmodified (i.e., Kunos original) Tatuus data.acd with me and spare me the agony of yet another file integrity check? Thank you. If this is an illegal request, just shoot me now.

Attachments

• data.zip
    55.5 KB · Views: 8
I wanted to copy the data of the F138 into the 2013 F1 cars (FO 2013) to get equal physics and better traction but instad of that it is ending up with spinning front wheels.

Can you guys help me here please?

Afaik, the Ariel Atom 3 Supercharged 2009 doesn't have ABS... and most certainly not the one I was lucky enough to drive in...

@Chappetaun: I guess you must be missing a font... (check if you have ARIEL in your AC font folder)

View attachment 1129242
Fana is corectamundo (again) 👍
Culprit is an empty electronics.ini
Unpack data, rename data.acd to data.bak
Copy this file into the data folder and overwrite.

Attachments

• electronics.ini
    2.2 KB · Views: 19

View attachment 1129153

Just done FP3 in real-time as Jeddah and it's awesome! Felt like I teleported there and join in with the rest of the grid. However, as another member said, the night is over-saturated and basically unplayable.

Looking great at daytime but at nights, the asphalt is basically white.

I'm using Sol_Extra & Sol_ time to time at default.

And yes, now it drops 20s at night on FPS.

But, again, it looks great. Only needs a proper track limit & DRS zones file + Hotlap Start Point.

Just done FP3 in real-time as Jeddah and it's awesome! Felt like I teleported there and join in with the rest of the grid. However, as another member said, the night is over-saturated and basically unplayable.
You can try to adjust values in [jeddah_2021_chq\jeddah_f1_2022\extension\ext_config-pyyer-jeddah-2022-lights.ini] to reduce light intensity.
Original CHQ track values are :
LIT_MULT = 0.85
CAR_LIGHTS_LIT_MULT = 1.0
SPECULAR_MULT = 1.0
TRACK_AMBIENT_GROUND_MULT = 0.5

Regarding DRS, check your install, updated DRS zones are included and work fine

Wow, what a nice offer. That would be great! :bowdown:
Working on it, but the track is setup weird. Either the grassfx won't spawn or they turn the underlying texture transparent. Trying to remember the track that did the same thing so I can go back and see how it was fixed.

Last one of this track config adjustment for Nords i've been working on. Two changes from the last one that were probably something no one ever noticed or did but didn't care. There were references to the billboard materials in the Autumn color changes that was causing some of the colors on the billboards to change to fall colors. Was really noticeable in the BMW logo that was no longer blue. Also, the sand textures were set to turn orangish in the fall as well. They no longer will.

You can still choose to overwrite the default track file in the tracks\loaded folder or use the track extension folder with the ext_config.ini file. Either way works. You will also need to set active the hidden 3D Tree adjustment at the bottom of the file if you liked that adjustment.

I sent a copy of this to leBleum to review. If he likes the changes, this file may become a mute point in the future because it may be offered as a CSP track update. If not, you can still use this if you prefer.

Attachments

• ext_config.zip
    30.3 KB · Views: 8
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back