Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
I already made an update last year and sended it to GzeroD by PM, dunno if he actually used it. Most the suspension actually was pretty well aligned, however the fundamentals that count physicswise were totally off. The A-arm design was almost 1:1, however both caster and KPI were not dailed in (literally 0 degrees caster, resulting in a shopping cart suspension).

For improvements I deepdived into user manuals, setup sheets and racer fora of both cars, collecting more datapoints as motion rates, spring rates, proper gearbox ratios and setup ranges. Having driven a couple of F-Fords in my younger years, the fun part was always controlling the rear end slides. Small tires low inertia and an open diff making this a skill game. I included some additional info (PDF's) in the zip file, regarding setup and general F-Ford behaviour. I reduced the backtorque of the Van Diemen and did some final tweaks on load sensitivity of the tires to make the rear a bit more controllable but as IRL you have to be quick with countersteering.

This version will not overwrite older versions (folder name prefix f1600_ , in game filter use 'Formula 1600'
You will need CSP as the Mygale uses physics extensions

Enjoy and may the downforce be with you!

Download:
2022 03 Formula Ford F1600 Mod

View attachment 1128056View attachment 1128057
!!Released!! Update / Bugfixes for Formula 1600 Mod

Changelog: Version 2022-04
  • updated tyremodel: adjusted to Medium Compound, for longer stints, less wear. Slightly lowered grip (both lat/ long) and slightly reduced rear load index
  • BoP: reduced weight for Van Diemen (equal to Mygale) at 415 kg dry
  • updated cams (Dash, F6) by Jonah Hax
  • updated driver model for Mygale by El Locho (fixed misaligment)

Hope you like it! Enjoy and may the downforce be with you!

Download: Formula Ford F1600 Mod update 2 (version 2022-04)
(small hotfix, Mygale AI fixed (typo in tyre file)

Last edited:

• updated tyremodel: adjusted to Medium Compound, for longer stints, less wear. Slightly lowered grip (both lat/ long) and slightly reduced rear load index

Download: EDIT - AI got screwed, sorting now
Only tried the Van Diemen for now... feels great ! I can drive it with even more confidence. Nice job 👍

When someone has a chance, can they give this very early test skin a try on SL's Watkins Glen. Don't expect great results. I just need an opinion on a couple things before I get too far into it. To see the grassfx, you need the ext_config add-on Breathe has listed on his track list. Forgot to add it.

1.) Am I heading in the right direction on the colors? Too much yellow\warmth, needs more yellow\warmth, up\down on saturation, darker\lighter, etc.

2.) I see this kind of blue\green haze over everything (not just the textures I adjusted) and can't figure out why. Anyone else see it or could it just be my ppfilter\monitor combo.

SL Watkins Test

Thanks for any feedback
I think your skin gives the vegetation a more natural look. Sergio uses (imo) a too wide colour palette.
I don't see any blue/green haze on my system.
If possible, I'd like to see the grass a bit darker.
All in all certainly an improvement.

Yes. I may do my own eventually or just add season stuff to his. For now, i'm only interested in the textures because how I setup the seasons plays off the look of the textures.

I think your skin gives the vegetation a more natural look. Sergio uses (imo) a too wide colour palette.
I don't see any blue/green haze on my system.
If possible, I'd like to see the grass a bit darker.
All in all certainly an improvement.

Thanks for the quick check. Guess the blue\green is on my end. Grass darker, but trees are ok on darkness? Any suggestions on where to go from here other than cleaning up some of the bad alpha channel edges on the trees. My thinking is the trees could use a little more green and less blue\yellow, but also take the brightness out of the green with a little added magenta to the green tones.

I actually have another version of the trees that keeps kind of a washed out blue\red vintage look. I may include that when done as an alternative.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I've a problem with CamTool2, I've downloaded and installed it, but I don't have it in game. I have it in CM/assettocorsa/app, but not in CM/assettocorsa/appwindows and CM/app

(see 3 attached images)

Any suggestion?
Camera Tool should definitely be in your second picture.
I installed it manually, what about you? Drag'n'drop in CM?

IIRC I'm pretty sure I just added rainfx to the existing config, didn't touch grass.
You did more than that I think. The download had two new vao patches as well, unless someone else did those.

I think I figured out what's bugging me about the track. I can't find the sun, even when using no clouds. That's why everything looks so dull and blue to me. There's no good shadowing effect so everything looks flat. There are faint shadows coming from the trees, but if I look around all angles of the sky with a free cam, I can't see the sun anywhere. It's like the sun is not high enough in the sky even in the middle of the afternoon to cast proper shadows.

Last edited:
You did more than that I think. The download had two new vao patches as well, unless someone else did those.

I think I figured out what's bugging me about the track. I can't find the sun, even when using no clouds. That's why everything looks so dull and blue to me. There's no good shadowing effect so everything looks flat. There are faint shadows coming from the trees, but if I look around all angles of the sky with a free cam, I can't see the sun anywhere. It's like the sun is not high enough in the sky even in the middle of the afternoon to cast proper shadows.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that, but I was only thinking about the extension file. Weird find regarding the sun...

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, but I was only thinking about the extension file. Weird find regarding the sun...
Took me by surprise when I realized what was going on. Never seen it before on another track. Unfortunately I don't know enough to try and fix it. I have no clue what determines where the sun is placed or how shadows get rendered in AC.

Last edited:
Yes. I may do my own eventually or just add season stuff to his. For now, i'm only interested in the textures because how I setup the seasons plays off the look of the textures.

Thanks for the quick check. Guess the blue\green is on my end. Grass darker, but trees are ok on darkness? Any suggestions on where to go from here other than cleaning up some of the bad alpha channel edges on the trees. My thinking is the trees could use a little more green and less blue\yellow, but also take the brightness out of the green with a little added magenta to the green tones.

I actually have another version of the trees that keeps kind of a washed out blue\red vintage look. I may include that when done as an alternative.
Your "Full" skin looks really good to me, including tree and ground coloring/brightness. The biggest thing was changing those little tuft bushes (that show up here and there) to a darker green. Those things looked like aliens. And generally, the trees are great for a summer scene. I like Sergio's for the fall too though (except the aliens), and the Spring skin (whose?) as well. Thanks for this!
And thanks to Sergio for this track! It has his typical ambiance... (and he keeps the audience farther away from the cameras... so much more immersive!)

Last edited:
Your "Full" skin looks really good to me, including tree and ground coloring/brightness. The biggest thing was changing those little tuft bushes (that show up here and there) to a darker green. Those things looked like aliens. And generally, the trees are great for a summer scene. I like Sergio's for the fall too though (except the aliens), and the Spring skin (whose?) as well. Thanks for this!
And thanks to Sergio for this track! It has his typical ambiance... (and he keeps the audience farther away from the cameras... so much more immersive!)
Thanks for testing and the feedback. I have a new version that I think I like better. Has a little bit deeper, richer colors.

Note about the shadows. I do all my testing with no clouds so I can get a true sense of the colors. I happened to use Windy conditions tonight and got some better tree shadows casting on the roads. So it seems like the bland, shadowless look is mainly using No Clouds. I'll have to remember not to use that when I drive this track in the future.

How is v0.1.77?
I'm on 178p1 atm which is basicly 177 and the only new bug I've found are trees not swaying in the wind anymore. But Ilja is informed and tmk it should already be fixed for the next release.

Also I didnt notice a significant drop in performance but I'm using a single screen with FullHD only. Maybe higher resolutions and/or VR have more problems.

Took me by surprise when I realized what was going on. Never seen it before on another track. Unfortunately I don't know enough to try and fix it. I have no clue what determines where the sun is placed or how shadows get rendered in AC.
I have the sun. If I drive on October 4th 2021 at 16:30, the Sun is visible in turn 5 (outer loop), half-way through the turn, at around 20 degrees elevation. On November 4th at same time, it's half-orb, setting on the horizon.
Concur about the tuft bushes. They used to be like little Caspers, dotted around.

Last edited:

Download: Formula Ford F1600 Mod update 2 (version 2022-04)
(small hotfix, Mygale AI fixed (typo in tyre file)
You are true hero.
Yestrerday i have tested them for a long time. Pure pleasure. But tyre compound felt too grippy, and both models had 1-1.5 sec lap time differrence. And my thouths were heard.

Dunno if helping or spreading a bit more chaos, but I'm on 1.77p1 & pure 0.75, and I have no thunders during thunderstorms.
Tried on several tracks and several moments of the AC day.

guys i need help. flags and trees are not affected by the wind on any runway. Changing the speed of the wind does not help. Where is the setting that affects this?

Out of curiosity.. is anyone here using the Real Steering forces output option in the csp ffb tweaks ?

Does is make any difference?
Wich cars do supports this ?

I worked on the track ai- more than likely it is a problem with the car's ai IMO. Send me the exact cars you are having problems with via PM and I will check it out when I get a chance. In the meantime, try some other cars out on the track and see if they have a problem at the same corner.
That corner is very tricky and i don't think that the ai of the track itself can be improved much. Not all the cars have this problem, so i tried, as KevinK2 proposes, to alter the car's ai and increased the steer-lock in the car.ini of the affected cars. For me this works not bad.

RSS FH X 2022 - F1 2022 Full Season ‘Custom Championship' 1.4
03_australia_gp22 v1.1 update
bgr03.jpg

Based on the base track: melbourne_2019_v1.5.7z by acu and updated by , patrikPAT, Sliderman

2022 Modifications of Circuit
(DOES NOT INCLUDE NEW LAYOUT - YET)
GDrive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15IHYdj24xd3fbgrvkVv5ZdTO2LrH-0VT?usp=sharing

Last edited:
RSS FH X 2022 - F1 2022 Full Season ‘Custom Championship' 1.4
03_australia_gp22 v1.1 update
View attachment 1131168

Based on the base track: melbourne_2019_v1.5.7z by acu and updated by , patrikPAT, Sliderman

2022 Modifications of Circuit
(DOES NOT INCLUDE NEW LAYOUT - YET)
GDrive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15IHYdj24xd3fbgrvkVv5ZdTO2LrH-0VT?usp=sharing
just to share with the forum another incredible track conversion made by CHiQuiFReaKy:

Melbourne 2019 (released nov.2021)

definitely the best melbourne track for assetto ATM and luckily this is already very good optimized.
Hope @Pyyer could use this for his upcoming works!

please @Cozy61 , use this version, is way better

Last edited:
I have the sun. If I drive on October 4th 2021 at 16:30, the Sun is visible in turn 5 (outer loop), half-way through the turn, at around 20 degrees elevation. On November 4th at same time, it's half-orb, setting on the horizon.

Concur about the tuft bushes. They used to be like little Caspers, dotted around.
Well good to hear it's there somewhere. 😀 Wish it was as easy fix so I could try and fix it, but I imagine it involves cracking into the track file which I know next to nothing about. There's a lighting file in the data folder with sun angle settings I fooled with, but that didn't make any difference.

I will see which direction Pyyer and Daniel Paez go first - I have tried it and it is a good version but we do need someone with the skillset to update them to the 2022 layout hopefully

This is the first full season that we will hopefully see Pyyer's wonderful extensions and Daniel Paez textures for all the circuits
image.png

Last edited:
I agree. But I have a question...
How is it that my lap times on the CHiQuiFReaKy version are considerably slower than on the acu, patrikPAT, Slider666 version.
After recalculating track length in CM I see that the CHiQui version is 8m longer, but that doesn't explain a 8-10" difference in lap times I have at the moment, which goes for several cars I tried on both tracks...
Anybody else noticed this ?
Also gazing at the different trees (especially the much better looking palm trees in the CHiQui) wouldn't cost so much time I presume :sly:

There was literally, two posts above, saying that latest CSP has a bug with the trees and wind.
Not sure how he, or you both missed it.

So actually question should be "which CSP are you on?"
Alright mate, settle down. Was just a suggestion. 😤

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back