Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,807 comments
I too watch sebring races and think the RT version feels quite appropriate. And bumps feel better than mere speculation. :)

R48
I just checked my Formula 79 and I show "Goodyear" in the showroom and "Good Times" on track. So I see the same thing you do.
The only tyres model mod that works is the one with the car extension. The extension takes care of just one make of tyres at time.
If you really-really-really want a grid to use both tyres (as it was back then) I suggest you guys to try to clone the car.
Me, I've decided that I can live with one tyres make for the whole grid.

Last edited:
Regarding RT Sebring Bumps (physical track mesh)

I just wanted to post this as I thought it might be a interesting discussion point.

I have been having a interesting discussion today about RT Sebring being 20% too bumpy..it's is claimed by a well known scratch track maker that the original source material (the s397 laser scan data untouched in the conversion) when compared to the lidar (presumably) data is approx 20% higher in elevation.

I'm super interested in all your opinions on this...why would s397 tamper with what must have been a fairly expensive and expansive in accuracy laser scan data set?.. would this not undermine the superior physics engine claims for rfactor2. Do they do this with other laser scanned tracks?

Also on a side note I remember driving the conversion of Nord's from AC to rfactor2 and not thinking it felt underwelming bumpy.

Lastly what are your gut feelings on how rtsebring currently feels...to me imo..and comparing footage from real life on board cams..I'd say it's about right

Also last side note.. surely a professional locally scanned data set would represent a better reeling of the surface intracasies than lidar data ever could, regardless of the claimed 20% increase

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this

Jim
I'm not entirely sure the laser scanned tracks are fully accurate in any case. My best bet would be this has to do with their physics engine. Driving the track in rFactor 2 it feels smoother than it does in Assetto, in my personal opinion. I definitely believe this 20% increase is accurate, but we can only speculate to the exact cause though

They (s397) also laser scanned the rebuilt version of Zandvoort. The version of that track we've currently got in Assetto is the non-scanned v1 version of that track. I've been working on updating that with the V2 laser-scanned mesh. I've also got a lot of input from a pro-driver and apparently they're saying the mesh elevation of that track is off in various places as well (most notably T8). We've made some changes to the point where it should be 1:1 with the real life data, but sadly I think getting that track put together is going to be a little too much to do myself

I just wanted to post this as I thought it might be a interesting discussion point.

I have been having a interesting discussion today about RT Sebring being 20% too bumpy..it's is claimed by a well known scratch track maker that the original source material (the s397 laser scan data untouched in the conversion) when compared to the lidar (presumably) data is approx 20% higher in elevation.

I'm super interested in all your opinions on this...why would s397 tamper with what must have been a fairly expensive and expansive in accuracy laser scan data set?.. would this not undermine the superior physics engine claims for rfactor2. Do they do this with other laser scanned tracks?

Also on a side note I remember driving the conversion of Nord's from AC to rfactor2 and not thinking it felt underwelming bumpy.

Lastly what are your gut feelings on how rtsebring currently feels...to me imo..and comparing footage from real life on board cams..I'd say it's about right

Also last side note.. surely a professional locally scanned data set would represent a better reeling of the surface intracasies than lidar data ever could, regardless of the claimed 20% increase

Jim
here is the message about the rfactor 2 track. I cut out who the message was from but it is from a very in the know track modder who arguably has made some of the best scratch made tracks for AC. I have also seen JPG from IER say it was not accurate.

Screenshot 2022-03-28 175027.jpg

I do believe that's how they work, but I think the files in the skin folders are usually prioritised over the "stock" code in the ext_config. I'm saying this since the ext_config references only one set of files, while some skins from the same set display Michelin tyres, while others come with Goodyears (so, two versions without different code in the ext_config).

I installed many sets of IRL skins for Formula RSS cars and they were always just folders containing skins. I don't remember any of them containing alternate ext_config files. I never had to mess with any files to make the Hybrids display Pirelli tyre text, for example. I'm hoping someone else has had this issue before and that maybe someone has a solution.
an extension will over write the textures in the skin folder. This extension will make your tire textures in the skin folder work. If you have some skins working with the tire textures already, it means the skin folder has a ext_config file that is overridding the car ext_config file.

Attachments

• ext_config.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
I too watch sebring races and think the RT version feels quite appropriate. And bumps feel better than mere speculation. :)

The only tyres model mod that works is the one with the car extension. The extension takes care of just one make of tyres at time.
If you really-really-really want a grid to use both tyres (as it was back then) I suggest you guys to try to clone the car.
It's not about having only one brand of tyres, but about the car loading in with tyres displaying RSS's fictional tyre brand (Good Day) instead of Goodyear/Michelin on skins which should be paired with the real-life tyre text, as seen in screenshots of the liveries on RD, their previews and the CM workshop.
here is the message about the rfactor 2 track. I cut out who the message was from but it is from a very in the know track modder who arguably has made some of the best scratch made tracks for AC. I have also seen JPG from IER say it was not accurate.

View attachment 1130409

an extension will over write the textures in the skin folder. This extension will make your tire textures in the skin folder work. If you have some skins working with the tire textures already, it means the skin folder has a ext_config file that is overridding the car ext_config file.
Thank you! None of them were showing in-game, but your ext_config made everything work the way it should. All the Michelin and the Goodyear cars have the right tyres on now and my '79 solo championship is saved!:cheers:

Try this. I renamed some of the tires in the ext_config.ini file to the names used in the car folders. I see all the different tires on the track now. Please back up your original and try this.

Attachments

• ext_config.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 10
I think that quaremeshing the physical mesh and adding back some grain would benefit the driving experience for all of the users that are using bass shakers for immersion. Personally I went that route for my setup because track was to "hard" to drive.

Of course never been at Sebring, just wanted to have good time driving it

It's not about having only one brand of tyres, but about the car loading in with tyres displaying RSS's fictional tyre brand (Good Day) instead of Goodyear/Michelin on skins which should be paired with the real-life tyre text, as seen in screenshots of the liveries on RD, their previews and the CM workshop.

Thank you! None of them were showing in-game, but your ext_config made everything work the way it should. All the Michelin and the Goodyear cars have the right tyres on now and my '79 solo championship is saved!:cheers:
I had only the GoodYears working correctly (CM showroom/previews and on track).
Anyway having them both is cool. Thanx @chas1723 @taklex @R48

Jim
I've driven Sebring (altho not in a race, nor even a race car, nor even recently) and it's bumpy AF.

Last edited:
Good morning, beautiful people!
I'm looking for a pack of wipers configs posted in this forum, a few weeks ago, for about 20 cars.
Whatever words I put in the search box give me no results. :guilty:
Thank you!
These are the ones I have Gergerger. I think they're the recent ones, but I haven't even got around to installing them yet.

In doing a lot of these small edits on some of the stock tracks, the one thing that really bugs me is that they all seem to have this crazy shine on the road surface and a tremendous amount of glare compared to a lot of the really good mod tracks. Is this something that can manipulated via a track config or is it the result of how the track was created by Kunos?

Afaik, the Ariel Atom 3 Supercharged 2009 doesn't have ABS... and most certainly not the one I was lucky enough to drive in...

@Chappetaun: I guess you must be missing a font... (check if you have ARIEL in your AC font folder)

View attachment 1129242
Driving Peter Crills Ariel Atom 3 Supercharged makes a lot of fun.

I tried to do a race with AI and same car. AI doesn´t work for me for the Ariel Atom 3 Supercharged.

Is there a fix or can you tell me what to change? I am using content manager and shaders patch.

1.png

https://www.patreon.com/posts/ariel...2gImDvoHvsmygv1MQ7Ff6pl_R32MRXVaFT68uKqzPx7fU

Last edited:
Driving Peter Crills Ariel Atom 3 Supercharged makes a lot of fun.

I tried to do a race with AI and same car. AI doesn´t work for me for the Ariel Atom 3 Supercharged.

Is there a fix or can you tell me what to change? I am using content manager and shaders patch.

View attachment 1130530

https://www.patreon.com/posts/ariel...2gImDvoHvsmygv1MQ7Ff6pl_R32MRXVaFT68uKqzPx7fU
have you tried the fix by @Paulo Ribeiro yet?

In doing a lot of these small edits on some of the stock tracks, the one thing that really bugs me is that they all seem to have this crazy shine on the road surface and a tremendous amount of glare compared to a lot of the really good mod tracks. Is this something that can manipulated via a track config or is it the result of how the track was created by Kunos?
He's something I learnt by delving into an extension file.
You can change track glare, grass darkness, tree darkness, sand darkness, track darkness etc
all via the track extension.
Very easy once you try it and means you don't need to darken the trees etc in the skin file.

Honestly there are 3200 pages here, not all gold, but much of it is.
Grab a cuppa, like i did, and get searching keywords.
2 hours later many questions will be answered.

Hi guys i'm using the optimised Long Beach Terra 21 +nrms (0.8) version which is good and smooth in term of FPS but it always has crashes and traffic at the last corner preventing me to enjoy racing on it especially with IMSA prototype cars. It's like the cars don't understand the sharp corner shape so they try to continue to run by kissing the wall. Do you have an updated or patched AI files for it? Thanks

Last edited:
Version 1.0 - Released 2022.03.29
BMW V12 LMR (1999)
CSP v0.1.74 or above required

CREDITS
• Original author unknown
• Velos Mods for base mod updates

FEATURING
• new physics from scratch
• new suspensions geometry
• CSP extended physics with aero maps
• brakes thermodynamics
• new (self-developed) tyre model for slicks hard
• improved graphics performance

CHANGELOG v1.0

Aerodynamics
• new aero from scratch
• implemented CSP aero maps

Powertrain
• new engine torque curve
• adjusted engine braking torque and inertia
• corrected engine idle rev
• implemented CSP fuel consumption
• tweaked throttle LUT
• added throttle response LUT
• tweaked differential config
• adjusted gearbox config

Suspensions, brakes and tyres
• new suspensions geometry
• new suspensions setup
• implemented CSP suspensions torque mode
• implemented CSP DWB2 suspensions type
• new brakes system config
• implemented CSP brakes thermodynamics

Visual
• reworked 4K skin by RealAKP
• implemented CSP PBR materials
• corrected tyres dimensions
• corrected brakes shader
• changed brake discs texture
• corrected brake calipers position
• added BMW logo on steering wheel
• removed fake LCD screen
• original LCDs are now visible
• new digital instruments
• tweaked headlights color
• tweaked flames position
• generated VAO patch

Other changes
• corrected car total mass
• adjusted car polar inertia
• corrected steer lock and ratio
• corrected fuel tank size and position
• corrected wheelbase
• corrected front weight distribution
• disabled electronics aids
• adjusted setup options
• adjusted graphics offsets
• reworked onboard cameras
• new collider
• adjusted ground collider position
• corrected 3D model hierarchy for wheels, susps and discs
• new LoDs files generated with CM
• new low-res cockpit generated with CM
• updated ambient shadows
• updated CM previews

preview.jpg

DOWNLOAD

stuff

Jim
I have 4 Sebring's so just raced them in same car back to back.

Personally I found the rfactor2 conversion to rattle my wheel too much for my tastes without wanting to go changing wheel settings.

I guess a lot will depend on how high you settings are for 'bumps' in wheel settings also.

An option for toned down bumps would be nice IMO but not a big deal either way, but since you asked.

I must say the latest Sebring i got off RD is my favourite one.
Never been to Sebring, never driven it no intention to so whether its accurate or not isn't paramount to me.
Nice racing in a game environment is all I need.

I have all his tracks, my personal top 3 favourites are these;

Sandevoerde Race Track (Historic Zandvoort)​

Hockenheim​

Watkins Glen​

I have only had time to have a quick lap of Stardust today but so far really like it and my initial impressions are that it is as good as these top 3.
Just wanted to say thanks again for the suggestions. My opinion on these three are Sandevoerde is great. Fun to drive and looks good too. Watkins Glen is fun to drive, but is in a serious need of a tree texture update. Reminds me of VIR in that it didn't translate over very well to the CSP\Sol era unless I just got a bad download. It has this weird mix of some green and some yellow\orange trees. Hockenheim is well done as well, but a boring track to drive. Two really long straights and a few turns at the end.

In the end, it was worth what I paid just for Sande and I can always fix Watkins Glen with a track skin.

Just wanted to say thanks again for the suggestions. My opinion on these three are Sandevoerde is great. Fun to drive and looks good too. Watkins Glen is fun to drive, but is in a serious need of a tree texture update. Reminds me of VIR in that it didn't translate over very well to the CSP\Sol era unless I just got a bad download. It has this weird mix of some green and some yellow\orange trees. Hockenheim is well done as well, but a boring track to drive. Two really long straights and a few turns at the end.

In the end, it was worth what I paid just for Sande and I can always fix Watkins Glen with a track skin.
Aaah, the old Hock'. Depending on the car and the conditions, this track is either boring, or scary as hell. Just imagine this in the fog, under the rain, and remember Clark's death. Brrr. They were crazy AF back in those days.

I think a texture update for Watkins Glen has already been done. Check here and on Race Department before committing to it.

I think a texture update for Watkins Glen has already been done. Check here and on Race Department before committing to it.
Yes, Breathe's track list has a couple updates posted. I will check them out. Thanks...

Track skin is way too blue for my tastes. Looks like I found my next project. Lots to fool around with on this one. Needs textures and a whole lot of ext_config work.

Last edited:
CSP1.75 is one of the most bugged versions ever! So many things didnt work with that version, just to name the Kunos Porsche 911 Cup.
Either update to a more recent version or downgrade to v1.74 which has way lesser bugs. :)
Ilja/CM need to do a better job of telling me that! :lol: How is v0.1.77?

have you tried the fix by @Paulo Ribeiro yet?
Thanks! I missed it. Will try..

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back