Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,806 comments
Hello Guys,

is there any way or anyone will be able to enlarge this BMW M760i to the proper size? Its got the performance on point, but the size is comically smaller than the Merc S580, Audi S8 (sadly by exmods) and the recently available Lexus LS500 by Whistle Blower.

Oh my god what an ugly quality cars !

The ACFL cars physics this year seem good, its how they handle in the wet which lets them down at the minute.
Actually haven't driven them in the wet yet, only done dry races and sessions so far. I'll have to give them a go, as I'm curious how much worse than the RSS 2022 they are on a wet track.

Here is the 0.0.2 version. I didn't want to fully convert it, but here you have guys. Better than before, at least.

I can't fully convert this track because for some reason some texture or shader is bugged and is overloading my 3dsimed, so it's impossible to me to edit the .kn5 and thus to add pits and some ac objects. I'll try my best to edit the track as much as I can with extension until I find a solution to the 3dsimed problem.

This track is the ACU version but modified. I think -didn't try- that everything in ACU version should work in this. Not the textures, but many other things should.

Added trees and changed the road shader to something that doesn't hurt your eyes.

View attachment 1133861

A youtuber called Suzq have a skin pack for this track. I'll see if he can contribute with it. Someone can tell him too, because I don't know how to contact him -that is not twitter-
Along the week I'll try to improve this. Don't promise nothing. Any contribution is widely open. No need to ask.
Here is another update. Added some of the ACU textures etc. back in along with DRS. Some of DP's textures work so I've added that in also.

Jesus, the modder already understood what is going on with the cars!
He will post tomorrow both models with the fixed files!

he already fixed version 2009 and see my posts i have done the 2012 version..

it was a mistype...

Both cars are in my previous post with krakenfile link.. or indeed wait for ac modder to post them if your not in a hurry 😁🤣

Cheers.

Jesus, the modder already understood what is going on with the cars!
He will post tomorrow both models with the fixed files!
he already fixed version 2009 and see my posts i have done the 2012 version..

it was a mistype...

Both cars are in my previous post with krakenfiles link.. or indeed wait for ac modder to post them if your not in a hurry 😁🤣

Cheers.

WIP Jerez 1997 skin for Jerez94
Thank You! This evening I'll release it!

Screenshot_vrc_1997_ferrari_f310b_jerez94_6-3-122-7-23-31.jpg

Can anyone share the Triumph spitfire that was released by Assettopedia a few years back, could not find a working link anywhere.

Here is the 0.0.2 version. I didn't want to fully convert it, but here you have guys. Better than before, at least.

I can't fully convert this track because for some reason some texture or shader is bugged and is overloading my 3dsimed, so it's impossible to me to edit the .kn5 and thus to add pits and some ac objects. I'll try my best to edit the track as much as I can with extension until I find a solution to the 3dsimed problem.

This track is the ACU version but modified. I think -didn't try- that everything in ACU version should work in this. Not the textures, but many other things should.

Added trees and changed the road shader to something that doesn't hurt your eyes.

View attachment 1133861

A youtuber called Suzq have a skin pack for this track. I'll see if he can contribute with it. Someone can tell him too, because I don't know how to contact him -that is not twitter-
Along the week I'll try to improve this. Don't promise nothing. Any contribution is widely open. No need to ask.
It's not much, and I've never done this before, so I hope it works ok, but I've updated the DRS zones

Attachments

• drs_zones.ini
    251 bytes · Views: 12
Do you know how to cure this plate?
They don't show in game, only in preview/showroom right ?
You can hide them in showroom Alt+H.
If you want to make previews in CM you need to make a 'preview' kn5 (using ksEditor) where you hide the not needed plates and keeping the right one.

This is not true. Baked AO internal and external is the way to go just as explained in the pipeline (CSP has not made this redundant). Sure car VAO is a sort of "quick fix?" but it would appear you spend a lot of time on the physics of your cars, it would be nice to complement that on the model/skins side too :) 👍
Honestly I think giving a good visual quality mod takes severa hours. For me they can go all in the physics and ffb fining. I repeat, for me, visually, this car is perfect because for me unnecessary thing were avoided in the process

Honestly I think giving a good visual quality mod takes severa hours. For me they can go all in the physics and ffb fining. I repeat, for me, visually, this car is perfect because for me unnecessary thing were avoided in the process
Well you said it "Honestly I think giving a good visual quality mod takes severa hours" - yes and the rest. But they must have spent several hours on physics already? Like I said, complementing with better visuals would be nice.

This is not true. Baked AO internal and external is the way to go just as explained in the pipeline (CSP has not made this redundant). Sure car VAO is a sort of "quick fix?" but it would appear you spend a lot of time on the physics of your cars, it would be nice to complement that on the model/skins side too :) 👍
I said "almost useless". I'm aware that baked AO is the way to go, but from my point of view VAO (especially v8) is more than enough, and all of my releases are good looking for me. :)
Yes I spent a lot of time on the physics side, that's why I love (to try) to be a modder. But this is a spare-time hobby so I have a list of priorities and the entry "visual" appears as the last one.

I would like to add that, as my signature says, everything we do is from the community, for the community. So if someone love to work on the visual side he can take this mod and do whatever he wants!
Completely agree. ;)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back