Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,064 comments
Hi guys, sorry to bother you, do you know if there are any additional TV cams for the Canada 2021 circuit? Thank you for your kind answers.

Racalmuto v1.02
Download(mediafire) update2

Screenshot_bmw_z4_gt3_racalmuto_21-3-122-20-8-26.jpg

Conversion from rFactor.
The Autodromo Valle dei Templi at Racalmuto is a permanent circuit in Sicily, Italy. (racingcircuits.info)

-30 pit/start
-CSP required
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Original rFactor track by Massimo Grassa
-Attempts to contact them have gone unanswered. Thank you for his work.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI by @KevinK2
grass textures by @pugsang
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
New cam, ext_config, VAO-patch by @CrisT86
some textures, objects by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe , @macko68

Enjoy.
Patreon-only track requests are now being accepted.
Converted at the request of my Patreon member @macko68 .

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;
-Added new cams, ext_config, VAO-patch by @CrisT86 .

v1.02 changelog;
-Adjusted ext_config.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing how well 2D clouds work with Pure, as they're by far my preferred option with Sol. Maybe it's a VR thing but to my eye they look so much natural than the 3D clouds do.
You don't have the latest version of Pure? Don't know why I thought I saw you on his Discord before and figured you'd be all over the that new 2D cloud option. For the record, the 2D clouds look really good. Better variety than the 3D ones I think. Only thing I don't like is they require a newer version of CSP than the one I prefer that has less bugs in it. So for now, i'm still using 3D clouds with Pure.

I think the problem is one of 'hyperrealism', i.e. so focused on realism that the result is actually an exaggeration of reality. You see it with visual mods where the contrast between lights and darks is starker than a 40s noir movie and in physics by cars that wildly oversteer at 20mph.
This is one aspect of the situation. You know, we don't drive some cars but at least it's easy to understand that stop lights don't burn corneas 😂. But anyway, physics is (and it will always be) the dark side of sim racing.

Last edited:
What is up with these mods that make it so that if you choose to have ABS on, the brakes are basically useless?
I've seen it quite on quite a number of mods and it drives me nuts every time.
Every time I've had this happen, the culprit was an empty electronics.ini
(Hat-tip to @GzeroD and @_Bazza_ for explaining that)
Quick-fix is turn ABS off, in the in-game Setup menu before driving.
Permanent fix (for me, YMMV) is to populate the electronics.ini with something like the attached.
Pay no mind to the values that ARE set in the file. The ones that are unset (=0) for "active" and "present" will prevail.
So this is, I think, the same problem (empty electronic.ini), but in this case, you WANT to use ABS.
Perhaps substituting the linked electronics file, and then editing the parameters for "active" and "present", could begin to resolve the issue for you?
And maybe make some of those cars driveable again?

This is one aspect of the situation. You know, we don't drive some cars but at least it's easy to understand that stop lights don't burn corneas 😂. But anyway, physics is (and it will always be) the dark side of sim racing.
No, it is the dark side of assetto corsa mods and the "way too bright side" the graphics. Imagine not having sol for graphic but for physics development. Oh I will love that

I have visited assettocorsamods.net today after a long time. And I did find new tracks I want to share with you:

Goodweek (v 1.00) created by barcika

and

Sunshine Coast Raceway (v 0.89) Created by Josh Gannon

Maybe somebody wants to check thrm out.

oh hai

1. in 2003 there was no F1 race at Spa
2. I am currently updating the track for all F1/24h/GT 1999-2005 layouts meeting historical accuracy
3. You have posted an unofficial link to my mod.
4. Official link: https://sharemods.com/2ap1zq2nmgd5/rmi_gtr2_spa2003_-_v1.20.zip.html

cheers
Hey ! 😀

Big thx for convert this track ! Great job !😍🥰😎
Cant wait to see Spa 99 😍😍

Dont worry i know f1 wasnt running at SPA in 03 if you look what i wrote its for make a skin between 97 00 ;)

And i upload ur track with mega because i have problem with your link on this site i dont know why bwt the track is the same so its not à problem 😀

I love ur job keep it up buddy ! 😍💪💪

Last edited:
Lotus 49, 49B versions for 1968...using Lotus 49 (official), Lotus 49b biplane and Lotus 49C (perendinator site) cars. There are still minor adjustments to be made. And to top it off, there's still the Lotus 56B turbine (British Gp version, Reine Wisell and the Italian Gp version, Emerson Fittipaldi)...but how to simulate this "turbine" engine. I took the sound of the Audi Group B, the parameters of the engine "turbine" of the rfactor... and I put only "2 gears" in the exchange, it was satisfactory... the speed can exceed 300km/h...

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1650554888.png
    __custom_showroom_1650554888.png
    106.9 KB · Views: 53
  • __custom_showroom_1650554946.png
    __custom_showroom_1650554946.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 48
  • High.wing.png
    High.wing.png
    404.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Monaco.version.png
    Monaco.version.png
    589.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Super.High.Wing.Lotus49b.Monza.png
    Super.High.Wing.Lotus49b.Monza.png
    379.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Super.High.Wing.png
    Super.High.Wing.png
    352.9 KB · Views: 42
  • LotusTurbina.British71.png
    LotusTurbina.British71.png
    151.4 KB · Views: 45
  • LotusTurbina.Monza71.png
    LotusTurbina.Monza71.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 58
I appreciate the interest in Bryar. I'd like to implement fixes and improvements that people can suggest, as long as they'll provide some coaching 👍. I'm quite green on modelling; Bryar is my first effort/track. I put a tremendous amount of effort into it as the place had real meaning for me (as a kid)

Someone had mentioned the treewall - that it had an issue where a small line or "ghost" of the image texture appears floating at the top of the treewall. I agree, and it's driving me crazy as I can't fix it. The UV islands are fully-aligned with the image texture so I don't know what's going wrong. Two photos, one shows the UV map of long section of treewall; the other photo shows a single UV face/island from the far-end of the treewall, which I've moved left to show that it is aligned with the image texture.

Any suggestions on fixing this issue appreciated.
And any other fixes and improvements as well.

View attachment 1140647

View attachment 1140648
Hi Gary, since we now have you here with us, is this something that's already known or is this something that's specific to my setup?
bryar02.jpgbryar01.jpg

Lotus 49, 49B versions for 1968...using Lotus 49 (official), Lotus 49b biplane and Lotus 49C (perendinator site) cars. There are still minor adjustments to be made. And to top it off, there's still the Lotus 56B turbine (British Gp version, Reine Wisell and the Italian Gp version, Emerson Fittipaldi)...but how to simulate this "turbine" engine. I took the sound of the Audi Group B, the parameters of the engine "turbine" of the rfactor... and I put only "2 gears" in the exchange, it was satisfactory... the speed can exceed 300km/h...
Looks really good!

Great work!!

Hey guys,
does anyone know a helmet pack of the 1984 F1 season?

Would be nice because I want to make the F1 1984 mod a bit better...

There must be a new FIA ETRC Man G variant around...

There must be a new FIA ETRC Man G variant around...

Hmm, don't know if exists a G variant yet.
I have this skin for almost a year, but it was made as A variant.
1650567768249.png

You have a lot of work to make those mods better, they are a mess without considering that the physics is a completely fake because they port it from the senna's lotus from kunos. Btw I don't know any helmet skin pack sorry
Separate and animate the suspensions, resize the models because they're at least 30% too big, physics as u mentioned, port the other variants available in the RF mod...

... This is to much for one guy (I tried once, left after a few cars) lol

@GaryUK thanks so much for Bryar - my install has only <1970s tracks and cars in it so really appreciate high quality additions like yours and your openness and willingness to work with the good folk of the community to improve it further

So this is, I think, the same problem (empty electronic.ini), but in this case, you WANT to use ABS.
Perhaps substituting the linked electronics file, and then editing the parameters for "active" and "present", could begin to resolve the issue for you?
And maybe make some of those cars driveable again?
I appreciate the response, but unfortunately I was unable to fix this particular mod, because the author decided in their wisdom to encrypt the mod, meaning that I can't re-pack the data. Ugh.

The car is encrypted, that´s why you see this kind of preview, assuming you tried to make own previews within CM. You only can re-install it again to have the original previews back.
Hello, thank you, yes this is true for the previews, but the car looks like that on the track too. I've clean installed 3 times just to be sure and still same issue. How do I fix that?

1650573291374.png

Attachments

• 1650573292791.png
    1650573292791.png
    400.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back