Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,825 comments
Just a quick question to be sure: Tyres FX option in shaders patch is just a visual effect, it doesn't influence driving physics, correct?
So if I'm not driving an open wheeler I could as well switch it off?
I mean I'm not gonna park my car after a long race and admire my worn tyres under the fenders...

thanks for the suggestion, but that was not what I was looking for , i wanted a filter that results in cars that i haven't driven in some time (maybe i drove them alot over a year ago , they still need to come out of the query as i want to drive them again)...
So but as El Locho said, i think it will not be possible...
that would require AC to keep track of the last date the car was driven, and that is prob not something that is done.

As workaround i'm looking at the previews (recent driven cars were given different style of preview images by me, so that's how i can see if i haven't driven it lately :)
That's right, without a stamp-date within CM as to when a car was last driven, the filter is fruitless... To assist with that particular situation, you may need to personally assign a tag to each mod, eg: MMMYY or just YYYY (at install-date), so it can then be included in a new filter, like:

K- & #Mar22 & driven<0.01 km
--> currently using this method and works well...

Last edited:
There's a track I've been looking for for years, a chicane leads across a river just before the start and finish, or it's a river or canal that leads through the fictional track where there are walls or crash barriers right next to the track.

I had them from No-grip racing back in 2006 when I was registered. Unfortunately I only have scraps of it in my head now, it would be wonderful if you could help.
Did you try looking for the circuit in "rFactor Central"? Maybe if you remember the layout...
The same thing happened to me as you with Road One, I had it in my head but I couldn't remember its name, and one day it appeared converted for AC

That's right, without a stamp-date within CM as to when a car was last driven, the filter is fruitless... To assist with that particular situation, you may need to personally assign a tag to each mod, eg: MMMYY or just YYYY (at install-date), so it can then be included in a new filter, like:

K- & #Mar22 & driven<0.01 km
--> currently using this method and works well...
assigning a tag at install date, how would that be any different from just using the standard age> filter? :)

assigning a tag at install date, how would that be any different from just using the standard age> filter? :)
just tried this and also works:
date:YYYY & driven<0.01 km
--> date: creation date (year)

also tried:

K- & age<100 & driven<0.01 km
--> last three months worth of non-Kunos mods that have not been driven...

there are a few different ways to achieve just about all...

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I apologise for my question which may seem inappropriate, is there a mod for the Audi r 15 TDI plus? could someone please pass it on to me, perhaps in private? thank you for your kindness

Just a quick question to be sure: Tyres FX option in shaders patch is just a visual effect, it doesn't influence driving physics, correct?
So if I'm not driving an open wheeler I could as well switch it off?
I mean I'm not gonna park my car after a long race and admire my worn tyres under the fenders...
yes
tyre.png
it actually says it on it too lol

Hello everyone, I apologise for my question which may seem inappropriate, is there a mod for the Audi r 15 TDI plus? could someone please pass it on to me, perhaps in private? thank you for your kindness
There's one by simdream (i think) but I suggest you go the Arrrrrr matey route if you want it otherwise you might as well throw your money at a waterfall and claim you're soaking up the water

Last edited:
1st solution is already like it is
2nd one is, does it mean i have to disable tyrefx completely?

I have the phenomenon with different cars. With most of them it works with an empty ini file and activated Tyres_FX. If I deactivate it completely, it works with all cars. I haven't found out more yet. Perhaps it comes from a combination with other settings and no longer occurs with a newer version of CM. Rob

Thanks - just add this as shown in the top left of the LOD generator UI and the body paint should be preserved in LOD D.
(it's whatever the main bodywork material is called in CM showroom - in this case it's 'body' but can vary from car-to-car)

View attachment 1153745
Thank you very much, didnt knew about it. Now i can redo some of my previous generated LODs :).
I tried to add the interior meshes for it to get a better result for the Interior, but im not sure if it worked.
Here the new Version now with working lod_d and changed LOD.ini.

Attachments

• Clubman LODs v1.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
I'll take a look at the shifting animation. Some work OK when inverted, others malfunction.
In the meantime would you mind taking a look at the Kunos Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale - it's got a CSP wiper config but mine seems fragmented and generally borked. Wondering if it's just me or if the config is broken?
The latest configuration from the Github repo works fine for me, both on screen and in VR. Could it be that you are using an older version?
@El Locho try this with the GTAM (invert the shifting in data/driver3d.ini)
It's not great (~4" away) but it's OK from the corner of your eye.
(remove .txt extension)
I'll keep looking for a better one as this car is a beaut.

Edit: fixed the driver position too, which helps a little with the shifting animation.

@GzeroD : feel free to pilfer.
Thanks a lot, this looks pretty good already in the showroom. Strangely it doesn't look nearly as good in game as it does in the showroom, so I'll need to do some more testing later today.

Showroom:
1653463273950.png
In-game:
1653462585266.jpeg

Last edited:
Don't want to start an useless discussion here.. But if you use something as a base just credit original creator and don't sell it as your scratch made model.

And I know how to open a 3D application and work with it ;-)

So.. Stay safe!
I'm sure that if you know how to model you won't be here complaining.
Stay humble.

Best Indianapolis track, skin and AI experience recommendations? I will be using the RSS cars and skins on RD.
I tried running the RSS cars with the 22 skins at the aa_ims track and it didn't really work too well. The A.I raced me pretty well but they constantly crashed, slowed down and caused yellow flags that they ignored. I must have ran it it about 30 times and every time the A.I messed up in some way.

People needs to stop thinking that there's no effort also behind what you call "subdivided gp4 model" or "basic conversion". I did 3d modelling for years and I've never started something from scratch and the same it was an enormous amount of effort, and I got paid fairly for that.
Also if you take something from somewhere else and try to do your best to adapt to a new platform I assure you that it's difficult, time demanding and most of the times frustrating because you try to do your best and it's not certain that you commit.

So stop saying that is easy if you've never opened a 3D program and figure out how it works..
Still doesn't mean making people pay for it if it's a straight-up conversion (like TonyB does) is alright; if anything you're ******** on the OG modder / group who did it for free.

But that's another discussion entirely lol.

- Sidelines and Vao for Maccaro -

(add-on link in the video description)

Maccaro by barcika

That green Kadett looks so nice, where'd you get that ?? :D

Jokes aside, thanks for the update. This track is an absolute blast but unfortunatly a horrible model... And I have NO skill of making it better.
I like to drive it in the "sand" weather from Peter's Sol, with sunset transitioning to the night. Very cliché yes, but very enjoyable and it does hide most on the ugly side...

another question (this time hopefully not so stupid one as the previous ;)

Is there an expression to filter in the content tab all cars which you haven't driven in the last X months ?

(I want to circle back and try cars that I scored over a year ago ... as I might now re-evaluate them differently then how i did back in the day i started w AC)
CM does in fact store the timestamps of individual sessions in its internal storage:
1653470412836.png
You can find the data in "C:\Users\[yourname]\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Progress\Profile (Sessions).data" with every session being represented as JSON so it should be easy to parse and filter with whatever programming/scripting language suits you. I quickly hacked together a NodeJS script that allows me to do some date based filtering. This can probably also be done via PowerShell but my scripting super powers are limited to Unix/OS X.
The list does contain deleted/disabled mods and it doesn't contain mods that have never been driven but the former could be solved by matching the data against a list of installed mods and the latter can be found in CM anyway.

unrelated to the topic above but still... WTF???
1653470785900.png

On another note, I'm going through my mods and trying to sort out some of the details about a few of the more vaguely-described possibly-semi-fictional models. My question: is there an actual race-spec model that Velo's "Porsche 911 RS 1986" mod is based off? Going through the racingsportscars.com database, I can't find any 911s that raced with the "RS" designation in the mid '80s, and while the mod seems a lot closer in appearance and era to the early-mid '80s 911 SC, I can't be completely sure because the aero/bodywork/rims don't quite match. It doesn't help that all the skins in the mod appear to be fictional, and the description he put in the ui_car file seems to be describing the '73 Carrera RS instead.

(The closest I can find is the 911 SC that Raymond Touroul ran in Le Mans '84/'85, and I might as well just classify this car as such, pending an opportunity to create the appropriate skins.)

View attachment 1153631
911 SC RS (954) from the mid 80's, but was prepared as a rally car for WRC. Usually seen in Rothmans colours. https://www.stuttcars.com/porsche-911-sc-rs-an-oft-overlooked-gem/
1_s_porsche-911-sc-rs-1984-_0137-gs.jpg

The latest configuration from the Github repo works fine for me, both on screen and in VR. Could it be that you are using an older version?

Thanks a lot, this looks pretty good already in the showroom. Strangely it doesn't look nearly as good in game as it does in the showroom, so I'll need to do some more testing later today.

Showroom:
View attachment 1153836
In-game:
View attachment 1153832
Thanks, I'll check for an update on the wipers.

Re shifting animations, there's some unseen shenanigans going on in the background that I've been trying to fathom since forever. Certain shift.ksanims appear vastly different depending on the current steer.ksanim in use. I always try to avoid the ridiculously elaborate arc that the driver's hand often describes between rim and knob (tee hee). It's generally better from an immersion perspective to have a more natural arm/hand movement than it is to have a close hand/knob interaction (tee hee). But ideally (and rarely) you find a perfect match for both.

just tried this and also works:
date:YYYY & driven<0.01 km
--> date: creation date (year)

also tried:

K- & age<100 & driven<0.01 km
--> last three months worth of non-Kunos mods that have not been driven...

there are a few different ways to achieve just about all...
afraid your missing the point... those are 2 ways to achieve the same thing (but not the thing I was looking for) :)
Anyway , appreciate the effort and attempt to help but let's close this topic , and say it's not possible right now.

Hopefully in future if CM adds the automatic storing of last driven date, it will become possible to filter on that.
Anyone here has pull to put that on a shortlist? :)

Jokes aside, thanks for the update. This track is an absolute blast but unfortunatly a horrible model... And I have NO skill of making it better.
I like to drive it in the "sand" weather from Peter's Sol, with sunset transitioning to the night. Very cliché yes, but very enjoyable and it does hide most on the ugly side...
I put this into an extension config to at least get rid of the big red fire trucks:

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MESHES = 1wall_firetruck?
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

I like the track too and I'm quite happy that people are trying to improve it!

You know, big fan of Tim Madison here.
Met him once in Reading, he told me "bog off, ****".

Yeah the track could need some love and my bits clearly aren't enough.
Don't forget the "dusty" track condition and bump up that random grip! :D

Oh and the new sidelines can't make miracles, once in a while AI on heavy oversteer cars will die.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try the little drop down triangle and load up the showroom this way instead of clicking the button, it helped me in a couple of situations.
Alternatively try the option inside the showroom under the "eye icon" called "load from another preset".
Hope you can solve the problem
Hi - Did anyone solve the issue of custom showroom reverting to the lite version in CM - I tried several ways but no good - thanks
Screenshot (903).png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back