Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,765 comments
Modern F1 cars leave me as stone cold as modern F1 does in general. I'd rather watch one race from the 1980s than a whole season from the modern era, and much rather drive an analogue MP4/4 with manual gears than some soulless monstrosity with flappy paddles and more computing power than NASA. I really don't understand the appeal.
I kinda get it, though I haven't seen that Netflix series that half the at-least-casual F1 fans I know claim to have gotten them into the current product. I'm not going to begrudge anyone their enthusiasm over an area of motorsports I can't really get into (cough, cough, wow that's a lot of tire smoke from all these drift cars, cough), it can just be a nuisance to see multiple people trying to be the first one with the latest hot thing. At least for me, AC's whole appeal is that if a form of motorsport was ever a big deal within the last 100 years, there'll be someone out there recreating the cars and tracks it all happened with, often to an extent that actual game developers wouldn't even notice much less put actual time and effort into. If Forza and Gran Turismo didn't exist, would we even have any mainstream games where you could drive a Group C or Can-Am or Le Mans car that was raced 10 or 20 or 30 years before most gamers were born?

Last edited:
Modern F1 cars leave me as stone cold as modern F1 does in general. I'd rather watch one race from the 1980s than a whole season from the modern era, and much rather drive an analogue MP4/4 with manual gears than some soulless monstrosity with flappy paddles and more computing power than NASA. I really don't understand the appeal.
We have something in common. Ams2 is your game then right ? ;)
But i also like to have some modern variations sometimes.. and vrc looks like its delivering a perfect mod
You'd hate the FW14B then.
I kinda get it, though I haven't seen that Netflix series that half the at-least-casual F1 fans I know claim to have gotten them into the current product. I'm not going to begrudge anyone their enthusiasm over an area of motorsports I can't really get into (cough, cough, wow that's a lot of tire smoke from all these drift cars, cough), it can just be a nuisance to see multiple people trying to be the first one with the latest hot thing. At least for me, AC's whole appeal is that if a form of motorsport was ever a big deal within the last 100 years, there'll be someone out there recreating the cars and tracks it all happened with, often to an extent that actual game developers wouldn't even notice much less put actual time and effort into. If Forza and Gran Turismo didn't exist, would we even have any mainstream games where you could drive a Group C or Can-Am or Le Mans car that was raced 10 or 20 or 30 years before most gamers were born?
Deep, all of that.

Modern F1 sucks, the regs are so hard its basically become a single car series, the drivers are devoid of any personality and political agendas are shoved down our throats. its a snore fest and they know it.

Hence the sprint races which have been a failure. The most excitement you get now days before a race is trivial stuff like whether Hamilton will be allowed to wear his nipple rings. zzzzzz zzzzz

In modding terms F1 is a Porsche 911 mod

Its wide open for some kind of low reg Formula X to be brought in. They cant hide behind the whole "green" engine thing. Carting all that equipment around the world will never be eco. Damn even the budget caps etc are pointless as I guarantee you'd get more enjoyment anyhow from watching shopping trolleys with two stroke engines race.

Lastly the cars are too big which is why tracks like Monaco have become a funeral procession.

Last edited:
Release!!!!!!!!! Ferrari F355 Challenge Evoluzione 1998

Free Download: https://www.patreon.com/posts/66830859

Comverted from Project Cars 3 By Peter Crill ,3d help/work by @norms
-Skin Pack (30 SKINS made By gravelTrap -AO inside and out
-Full engine AO
-Dashboard
-CSP Settings -Wiper animation Norms
-Physics work @graveltrap
-setup and adjustable damping @graveltrap
-Basic Ligth Refraction EXTRA A:Low Beams EXTRA B:Rear Fog Ligths
Credits:
-General help ,3d help , settings help @norms -Lods By norms
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help @graveltrap,@takum1,@Mascot,and others This car was team work and the result was a car that is really fun to drive thanks to graveltrap and with less bugs was possible thanks to mascot and norms .

Direct Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/6qje8avk8otifli/ferrari_355_challenge_evo_public_1.0.rar/file Here you can see all the

Already Relased and FREE Mods:

View attachment 1154752View attachment 1154753View attachment 1154754View attachment 1154755View attachment 1154756View attachment 1154757
Incredbile car, and very nice work. Thank you so much!

Last edited:
I mean we can complain about RSS or VRC makes modern F1 cars because they are the popular thing to make, but both also makes classic/legacy F1, and also other odd ball stuff like stock cars, trans am cars, and recent era sportscars. variety is the spice of life and whatever content helps them to pay bills and make other stuff its all good.

I'd never say no to quality mods....

One of those funny little moments where I don't get why things don't work in a logic fashion...

I'm looking into the Yenko Stinger in order to place that driver in a decent way, only to find out that once I press "save position" the position resets and nothing gets saved. At least looking at it via CM.

I've tried with data packed and unpacked. Any modder overlord that can save my lost innocence? Thanks.

Modern F1 sucks, the regs are so hard its basically become a single car series, the drivers are devoid of any personality and political agendas are shoved down our throats. its a snore fest and they know it.

Hence the sprint races which have been a failure. The most excitement you get now days before a race is trivial stuff like whether Hamilton will be allowed to wear his nipple rings. zzzzzz zzzzz

In modding terms F1 is a Porsche 911 mod

Its wide open for some kind of low reg Formula X to be brought in. They cant hide behind the whole "green" engine thing. Carting all that equipment around the world will never be eco. Damn even the budget caps etc are pointless as I guarantee you'd get more enjoyment anyhow from watching shopping trolleys with two stroke engines race.

Lastly the cars are too big which is why tracks like Monaco have become a funeral procession.
Yeah right, the usual old complaints, except the reality, the fight on track, the speed despite the weight, the hype, being the most watched event in the world, the highest interest ever all over the world, the huge crowds, vips and sponsors tell another story.

Last edited:
Two more cars to add to the 1950s 24 Hours Le Mans, Gordini T15s (Sport Coupe and Spyder Barquette), even though they are not the same as the originals. The usual problems happen, textures, not being able to take off certain parts, rearview mirrors, but already for the track tests, the important thing is to have fun and fill the GRID.

Attachments

• GordiniT15s.Sport.Coupe_f_1950.png
    GordiniT15s.Sport.Coupe_f_1950.png
    359 KB · Views: 28
  • GordiniT15s.Spyder.Barquette_f_1950.51.png
    GordiniT15s.Spyder.Barquette_f_1950.51.png
    389 KB · Views: 30
  • __custom_showroom_1653688936.png
    __custom_showroom_1653688936.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 25
  • __custom_showroom_1653689021.png
    __custom_showroom_1653689021.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 29
One of those funny little moments where I don't get why things don't work in a logic fashion...

I'm looking into the Yenko Stinger in order to place that driver in a decent way, only to find out that once I press "save position" the position resets and nothing gets saved. At least looking at it via CM.

I've tried with data packed and unpacked. Any modder overlord that can save my lost innocence? Thanks.
Moving, rotating and rescaling the driver in CM can be very glitchy. I've got into the habit of hitting 'save' after every step, as it seems that chaining several tweaks together can confuse things. And even saving after one small tweak can see the driver move position slightly. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any logical pattern to it.

Last edited:
Two more cars to add to the 1950s 24 Hours Le Mans, Gordini T15s (Sport Coupe and Spyder Barquette), even though they are not the same as the originals. The usual problems happen, textures, not being able to take off certain parts, rearview mirrors, but already for the track tests, the important thing is to have fun and fill the GRID.
Can't get enough of classic cars, can we get this mod somewhere, or this is an ongoing project?

Moving, rotating and rescaling the driver in CM can be very glitchy. I've got into the habit of hitting 'save' after every step, as it seems that chaining several tweaks together can confuse things. And even saving after one small tweak can see the driver move position slightly. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any logical pattern to it.
I see. "who dares wins" approach, then.
Thanks for the insight!

Quick 905 update (link changed in original post as well):

• Removed the LeMans plate from the winged skins. (but haven't remove the side number plates yet)
  • Removed the url from the others.
Much more to be done, which I'm doing as part of my project. I'll do skins for each race (there weren't many) and cover the white roofed version too. I'll also be adding the louvres to the front wheel arches for appropriate races, when I get to the modelling. Fun!

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back