Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,276 comments

VRC Formula Alpha 22 F1 2022 Custom Championship 1.0​

GDRIVE LINK: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15IHYdj24xd3fbgrvkVv5ZdTO2LrH-0VT?usp=sharing

VRC Formula Alpha 22 F1 2022 Custom Championship
Rough made Grid filler skins (Cozy61) for some cars until they become available
Red Bull & Alpha Tauri skins by Shadow118
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/shadow118.231192/

VRC F1 Skins v1.jpg

re: car fixes/releases

There are a few cars that I am considering simply because I like them, but are 100% undrivable.
As I mostly convert tracks, the cars are simply something else todo when I like a car, but disappointed in either the way it drives or very unrealistic specs.

I started my modding nearly 20 years ago with cars. My first mod was a realsitic engine, transmission and rear gear for the Mustang in GTL. (hence the name "Realistic Modders inc."). I had also teamed up with Randy Stratton (r.i.p) who had worked with iDT of rFactor fame. I produced many mods for GTL/GTR2/Race07-Evo/rFactor with Randy and on my own as well.

That bit said, a few cars are on my radar including the Aston trackday super/hypercars and likely a few other random rides. No dates for release... they will come as they come in thier own time. Cheers!

i posted the fix a few pages back. will have to do until csp/sinplygon do something their end

edit - ive copied and pasted it here again for ease

SIMPLYGON FIX

The new Simplygon (9.2.7.000.0) doesnt work with Content Manager. Those of us using a Free Licence are forced to upgrade to the latest version hence why downgrading to an older version wont automatically work.

Clear the generated Lods cache in CM

Uninstall Simplygon and delete all folders on your drive and documents.

Restart Computer

Download and install an older version of Simplygon from here:

https://github.com/microsoft/Simplygon-DCC-Integrations/releases

Run "SimplygonLicenseApplication" which can be found in the install directory.

Select "Install Simplygon Title Evaluation Licence"

This is a temporary solution until its fixed. Each email address used will give you 30 days usage of Simplygon. Not ideal but its working again.
New Simplygon Version is online. Did someone tried it already?

Last edited:
@Tomcul
Honestly I do not see myself reduxing the Mission-R, It does not give me "the fizz" in styling nor the fact it is 100% electrified.

There might be others I will do but cannot say what or when right now.
No problem, was worth an ask.
I don't like electric much but I think the mission r is a thing of beauty.. Thanks for the reply..

Hi!
preview.jpg
Where can I download this mod. I can not find. I used to have this car, but after the crash of the hard drive, everything was lost. Many links don't work. Please help, can anyone have this car.
🍻

Last edited:
Hi! View attachment 1156200Where can I download this mod. I can not find. I used to have this car, but after the crash of the hard drive, everything was lost. Many links don't work. Please help, can anyone have this car.
🍻
you will need the Assetto Corsa - Dream Pack 3 DLC for the Mercedes AMG GT3, so technically it is a paid mod and cant be shared here. If you have that DLC and it doesn't show up, try to verify your gamefiles in steam.

Received it yesterday as an update ... still not working. I guess Ilja needs to adjust smtg in CM, but this is just a wild guess. :)
I'd love to see Ilja do ANYTHING with CSP about now... such as releasing an update! For those who subscribe to his Patreon, the recent drought is really pushing the limits of goodwill at this point. This is well and truly the longest hiatus I can remember. 😵‍💫

Last edited:
Received it yesterday as an update ... still not working. I guess Ilja needs to adjust smtg in CM, but this is just a wild guess. :)
My free licence got removed somehow during various attempts to get it working over the past few weeks, and any attempts to get a new one are met with this screen, even after uninstalls/reinstalls/purges etc:

1654069835049.png

Looks like my LOD-adding days are over.

Does anyone know what precise settings to tweak(if any), in particle fx, to make the sparks disappear much more quickly once struck?

They look good once struck up, but they fade away too slowly, sometimes waiting for you as you round a corner, lol.

I'd love to see Ilja do ANYTHING with CSP about now... such as releasing an update! For those who subscribe to his Patreon, the recent drought is really pushing the limits of goodwill at this point. This is well and truly the longest hiatus I can remember. 😵‍💫

I think the best way for not wasting money is paying 1€ then unsubscribe till next release is out. With 22k under the pillow maybe he got lazy a bit...

I think the best way for not wasting money is paying 1€ then unsubscribe till next release is out. With 22k under the pillow maybe he got lazy a bit...
For now I have transferred my payments to Pyyer as they are regularly providing extensions and tracks. Once Ilya and Peter come back into the fold I’ll renew my support. Hoping all is okay with both of them and normal service returns soon

he is working on the new version every day.. iam in contact with a beta tester who confirmed me that they are working on some new features.. such as PBR for tracks and so on..

here he is posting some updates as Gifs
For now I have transferred my payments to Pyyer as they are regularly providing extensions and tracks. Once Ilya and Peter come back into the fold I’ll renew my support. Hoping all is okay with both of them and normal service returns soon
Peter has to wait for the new csp to drop first.. its mandatory for his newest Pure preview.

Last edited:
he is working on the new version every day.. iam in contact with a beta tester who confirmed me that they are working on some new features.. such as PBR for tracks and so on..

Peter has to wait for the new csp to drop first.. its mandatory for his newest Pure preview.
Yes I was aware that Peter is reliant on the CSP updates. Hopefully he will be back soon with the fantastic work both he and Ilya do to keep AC current.

As a footnote I don’t care how much they earn a month. Good luck to them. It just shows how big AC is in terms of end users and their want to push the envelope on a game released in 2014.

Where is Ilja posting the GIFs? I haven't seen any on his Patreon. If I had, I wouldn't still be wondering what he's up to!

Last edited:
Where is Ilja posting the GIFs? I haven't seen any on his Patreon. If I had, I wouldn't still be wondering what he's up to!

I'm just speculating, but I know Patreon was blocking payments to Russia so don't know if there's any other interruption to service on there, such as ability to post updates. As above though, I know from second-hand info that updates/improvements are being made, no idea what ETA there is on anything.

Yes I was aware that Peter is reliant on the CSP updates. Hopefully he will be back soon with the fantastic work both he and Ilya do to keep AC current.

As a footnote I don’t care how much they earn a month. Good luck to them. It just shows how big AC is in terms of end users and their want to push the envelope on a game released in 2014.
Worth every penny, it is a gaming behemoth now. I am so glad I got back into AC as it is mind blowing, it's like the good old days of rfactor but better and with CM & CSP and all the great modders out there it is just an amazing platform to drive pretend cars from.

Looking at all the GT7 hype recently (most of it because Youtubers could smell the subs and likes), just makes me laugh. 2022 AC is where it is at.

I've even commissioned my real car to be put into AC (should be ready soon), I mean how cool is that?

I'm just speculating, but I know Patreon was blocking payments to Russia so don't know if there's any other interruption to service on there, such as ability to post updates. As above though, I know from second-hand info that updates/improvements are being made, no idea what ETA there is on anything.
Both Peter and ilja are actively working. CSP is up to 1.78p85 or so in the internal test build. Ilja is trying to squash some bugs before release. He is also bringing new features. Peter has pure up to .102 on internal build. It is amazing but it requires at least csp 1.78p45 so it wont be released until csp is updated.

Both Peter and ilja are actively working. CSP is up to 1.78p85 or so in the internal test build. Ilja is trying to squash some bugs before release. He is also bringing new features. Peter has pure up to .102 on internal build. It is amazing but it requires at least csp 1.78p45 so it wont be released until csp is updated.
Thanks man for the info. Hopefully it will be released soon™.

Someone posted a (very) basic tutorial on the CSP wiper animation tool a few days ago which I'll leave here for anyone interested.

There are a lot of things that are shown in the video that I would do differently, some things that are shown are just done wrong and there are also important topics missing, but it should still be a good starting point.

Why is he not posting this stuff on patreon? Will be useful to know what's next

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back