Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,789 comments
Testing new cars for the 1973 mod. Driving the Brabham BT42 of the Brazilian Wilson Fittipaldi Jr. (the skin I adapted was not very good) and the Surtees TS14A of the also Brazilian (who died in 1977), Carlos Pace. The Tyrrell 006, version that ran in Monaco, appear, as well as the BRM 160 and Brabham BT37 (A. de Adamich).

Monaco 1973 ( 73-75, site perendinator )

with Carlos Pace Surtees

with W.Fittipaldi Jr. Brabham

Right now I'm going through my mod collection and doing some analysis, and I'm curious: what are the implications for a car mod when COCKPIT_HR is missing (as it seems to be for something like 2/3 of the mods I have)? Content Manager explains that "CSP uses it to apply certain effects to interior," but what are those effects, how important are they, and what happens when a car mod doesn't support them?
I'm no expert but according to the car pipeline COCKPIT_HR/LR are used in combination with LOD switching and CSP seems to be using it as a filter in the interior lights/navigators/displays/android auto templates so that those features only work when the COCKPIT_HR is active.

INI:
[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=6 ;Indicates the distance (in meters) when the cockpit HR change to the cockpit LR (if present)
[LOD_0]
FILE=abarth500.kn5
IN=0
OUT=15 ;Indicates the distance (in meters) when lod_A changes with lod_B (if present)

screenshot_2022-05-30T09.39.46.png
There's one match in dwrite.dll which I assume is related to the "Analyze" function in CM but I'm not good at interpreting compiled code.

Last edited:
Timaru International Raceway for Assetto Corsa (New Zeland)

* No download link in this video, maybe private mod :

* Skins pack by WarrenB for Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017 (Kunos) :

* custom championship with NZ tracks :
  • Pukekohe
  • Manfeild
  • Taupo
  • Ruapuna
  • Teretonga
  • Timaru (just for rF and rF2)

A GTPlanet modder interested in converting the rFactor2 version for Assetto Corsa ?????

Last edited:
Timaru Raceway for Assetto Corsa (New Zeland)

* No link in this video :

* Skins pack by WarrenB for Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017 (Kunos) :

* custom championship with NZ tracks :
  • Pukekohe
  • Manfeild
  • Taupo
  • Ruapuna
  • Teretonga
  • Timaru (just for rF and rF2)

A GTPlanet modder interested in converting the rFactor2 version for Assetto Corsa ?????

Drift version here, if it saves some time.

I'm no expert but according to the car pipeline COCKPIT_HR/LR are used in combination with LOD switching and CSP seems to be using it as a filter in the interior lights/navigators/displays/android auto templates so that those features only work when the COCKPIT_HR is active.

INI:
[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=6 ;Indicates the distance (in meters) when the cockpit HR change to the cockpit LR (if present)
[LOD_0]
FILE=abarth500.kn5
IN=0
OUT=15 ;Indicates the distance (in meters) when lod_A changes with lod_B (if present)

View attachment 1155632
There's one match in dwrite.dll which I assume is related to the "Analyze" function in CM but I'm not good at interpreting compiled code.
Huh, interesting. Am I right in assuming that missing COCKPIT_HR wouldn't be as big a deal for classic/older cars that don't have these kinds of technological dash-display features?

Sorry for asking so bluntly, but does anyone have a Ferrari F355 GTS (targa) ?

P.s. thank you A O for the challenge Evo, it's absolutely gorgeous 😍

Huh, interesting. Am I right in assuming that missing COCKPIT_HR wouldn't be as big a deal for classic/older cars that don't have these kinds of technological dash-display features?
There are two versions of a cockpit for mere question of polygons count.
One is nice, the other is lo-fi, as, most of the time you don't need to see the nicer version, therefore saving resources.
It is important for all cars, because optimization (big grids, yum), because videogames and all that jazz.

Last edited:
Functionality wise it should not be a problem, there are plenty of mods that have working instruments and navigators without having a COCKPIT_HR or even a COCKPIT_LR null/empty.

Porsche 981 Cayman GTS PDK and Manual

ScreenShots: by Miguel Angelo Silva

Updated by Tyler Sanders(Peugeot905)

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/.../Porsche_981_Boxster.../file

Other Updated Mods: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/hb0hx8n6y3c8b/Assetto_Corsa_Mods_1

New Discord: https://discord.gg/qj2ett5a

Changelog:
-Reworked power.lut, drivetrain.ini, and engine
-Sounds from Kunos Cayman GT4
-Reworked tire.lut files and tyres.ini file
Updates to car.ini (corrected fuel tank size and positioning, inertia changes, etc).
-updates to brakes.ini
-Slight changes to brakes.

Changes should make this mod more realistic in terms of feel, handling, braking, and lap times.
Future updates are planned.

Real Life Laptimes of 981 Boxster GTS vs 718 Cayman S and 718 Boxster S

Porsche 981 Cayman GTS vs Porsche 718 Cayman S

https://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/d2z1nvsnd97z

Porsche 918 Cayman GTS vs Porsche 718 Boxster S

https://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/ktjal5glscht

__custom_showroom_1653774773.png

Last edited:
Soooo about 2.4k pages back(!) I found @Masscot saying how a config can fix floating digits in VR, is there a guide to this somewhere? I couldn’t find anything other than people saying how quick and easy it is with a config yet nothing about how to setup said configs.

Hi guys, i've been having fun with the VRC mod, but i saw something. Its me, or AI can not drive this car as good as they do with the RSS 2021? I tested on Baku and with 2021 car they go hard but nice, on the race line, but with this mod they go like animals into the corners. Not needed to say that i tested with same settings, what do you think?

Soooo about 2.4k pages back(!) I found @Masscot saying how a config can fix floating digits in VR, is there a guide to this somewhere? I couldn’t find anything other than people saying how quick and easy it is with a config yet nothing about how to setup said configs.
Try this.
How to correct digital instrument positions ('fix floaters' in VR)
To reposition things like LCD digits, clock displays, gear shift indicators etc when the digits are badly aligned with the face of the display (which is REALLY annoying in VR), unpack data.acd (if not already unpacked) and open digital_instruments.ini. You'll find a bunch of fields like this:

[ITEM_5]
PARENT=NULL
POSITION=0.005, 0.790, 0.839
TYPE=CLOCK
SIZE=0.025
COLOR=150,150,150,255
INTENSITY=3
FONT=pixelbig
ALIGN=CENTER
VERSION=2

In bold are the POSITION values that adjust the position of the digits in metres, so 0.001 equates to 1mm of movement, which is useful to know when initially guessing how much to move them.
  • The first value is the X coordinate (left-right on the screen), with NEGATIVE values moving the digits to the RIGHT, and POSITIVE to the LEFT (eg. in the example above, to move the digits 7mm to the left, ADD 0.007 to the existing value, making 0.005 now 0.012)
  • The second value is the Y coordinate (up-down on the screen) with NEGATIVE values moving the digits DOWN, and POSITIVE UP.
  • The third value is the Z coordinate (in-out of the screen) with NEGATIVE values moving the digits FURTHER AWAY (ie. away from you, IN TO the screen), POSITIVE moving them CLOSER, or OUT OF the screen.

CHECK CAREFULLY WHETHER THE ORIGINAL VALUES ARE POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE TO START WITH, AS THIS WILL AFFECT YOUR EDITED VALUES . ADDING 10 TO A NEGATIVE VALUE MIGHT ACTUALLY DECREASE IT BY 10 IF YOU DON'T NOTICE THE 'MINUS' SIGN IN FRONT OF IT. BELIEVE ME, IT'S EASILY MISSED WHEN EDITING AND CAN DRIVE YOU CRAZY

Other fields above are self-explanatory, but:
SIZE is the size of the font
ALIGN is easiest to keep as centre

Don't forget to delete data.acd after unpacking the data so that the unpacked data take precedence, save during testing and repack the data afterwards (or delete data.acd, or have 'use unpacked data if it exists' ticked on the DRIVE screen).

and

To adjust digital_instruments.ini in real time

• change CM/Assetto Corsa/Settings/Video to single screen (if starting in VR)
  • open car's digital_instruments.ini in small notepad window (not fullscreen)
  • alt-tab to AC
  • start session in car (eg hotlap), cockpit view. NOT in CM showroom, go out on the track.
  • adjust view to see Motec etc clearly, slight angle helps with Z (in/out) corrections to seat digits on the face of the display
  • hit 'home' key on keyboard
  • type 'set observeDigital 1' (no quote marks, spaces between 'set' & 'observe' and 'Digital' & '1') in pop-up console, hit return
  • alt-tab to bring up notepad, move it so it's not blocking the Motec etc
  • adjust parameters in the digital_instruments.ini
(0.000, 0.000, 0.000) is (X,Y,Z) with X (LEFT+ RIGHT-) Y (UP+ DOWN-) Z (IN+ OUT-), 0.001 = approx 1mm, 0.010 = 1cm etc
!! Take careful note of whether the original values are - or + when adding to/subtracting from them !!
- save digital_instruments.ini to see changes in real time

Hi guys, i've been having fun with the VRC mod, but i saw something. Its me, or AI can not drive this car as good as they do with the RSS 2021? I tested on Baku and with 2021 car they go hard but nice, on the race line, but with this mod they go like animals into the corners. Not needed to say that i tested with same settings, what do you think?
keep aggression below 40%

This has been a big surprise guys, I was looking in an old assetto backup and I found this map:

The map is huge, I had been driving for almost half an hour and I had not even 30% explored ... suddenly I think I know where I am :D

And of course I knew, this map contains the entire spa 1966 map inside and it looks fantastic, it's almost like taking a ride around the circuit on a day when there is no race ... in 1966 and this is just a small piece of the map , the light blue tour.

I am uploading the circuit to share it with you, I hope that a charitable soul wants to add some route for the ai, because it does not have one.

Upload completed: https://www.mediafire.com/file/08mr8hvoxy1uloo/acp_world.rar/file

enjoy :cheers:

Could you reupload this or anyone else please?

so on the URD AMG EGT the roof cam or whatever its called is on the right side and its really messing me up
is there a way to move the camera to the center or should i just get gud on cockpit cam
underster.PNG

Hello there.
Have a question about CSP.
When car goes on dirt and gravel, dust from the wheels have correct brown color.
How to make it white, when goes on snow? It's still brown dust even when going on snow surface

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back