Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,744 comments
Hi , thanks for this lovely spyder!

on this mod , its not possible to export dds files from CM Showroom.. I wonder , is it intentionally done? (to make it harder for us paint-heads to make extra skins? ;)
If not could you please enable it in a next version?

What's weird is that part of the headlights become see through when I create a body skin myself using generated ao's...
(I guess if i can export the dds and just alter them it wouldn't be like that)

View attachment 1162294
hey, much appreciated!

not sure whats up with the dds, the should be ok. the car model is encrypted which may cause some issues.

i can try add it at some point but itd probably be easier to clone an existing skin and replace the colors in photoshop.

Last edited:
on some mods (quite alot actually) I find the brakelights are too dim (almost not visible) esp. when I run without PP (which i preffer as it saves much headroom).

E.g. the Seat Toledo GT v0.5 by BE_Modding (their fb does not exist anymore so I guess ok to post it here ) , this incomplete mod can be used as example (but i hope when I learn how to do this, the same can apply to many of my cars which are only 4.5 stars because of too dim brakelights)

trying to get those brakelights more visible here what i tried:
1) in lights.ini i've put color to 255,0,0,500 (the last digit is brightness, but don't know what is max value).
2) in ext_config.ini I've put
[LIGHTING]
EMISSIVE_MULT = 500 ; General multiplier
EMISSIVE_HEADLIGHTS_MULT = 1 ; Multiplier for headlights
EMISSIVE_BRAKELIGHTS_MULT = 500 ; Multiplier for brake lights
EMISSIVE_PARKINGLIGHTS_MULT = 1 ; Multiplier for parking lights

this seems to not in any way give the desired result (brakelight remains little to not visible)
any tip appreciated!

Hi guys, does someone knows why AC is the only game that makes my rtx3060 runs at 80°C instead of 50 like ACC, ams2, R3r and rf2? Even dirt 2.0 maxed out makes my GPU at 70°C.
It seems that when I start AC the GPU starts flying with the fans and it got hotter immediately.
I have the latest sol and CSP. Any recommendations to lower my temps and GPU usage? It's constantly 100% so I wonder it's bottlenecking something.
Hope someone can help me and probably a lot of users who has my same problem.

Thank you

Hi guys, does someone knows why AC is the only game that makes my rtx3060 runs at 80°C instead of 50 like ACC, ams2, R3r and rf2? Even dirt 2.0 maxed out makes my GPU at 70°C.
It seems that when I start AC the GPU starts flying with the fans and it got hotter immediately.
I have the latest sol and CSP. Any recommendations to lower my temps and GPU usage? It's constantly 100% so I wonder it's bottlenecking something.

Thank you
hi,

Try setting a cap to the fps same as to the limit of your monitor or vr goggles (eg. w a 120 fps monitor set the limit to 120.)

Instead of doing it in the Assetto Corsa - Video settings, better to do it via NVIDIA control panel ,

I have quest 2 running on 72Hz , so I set limit to 73fps:
1655659518955.png

Thank you
Except for the room temperature which is normal in this season, the higher temperature of AC compared to other titles (which runs on Unreal Engine, Unity, or own engine) is the engine itself of the game, which is "badly" optimized or run too many "calculations" (in collab with the CPU) which causes an increment of temperature.

For example (with PES or FIFA which runs on different engine, i barely went over 45° with 65% of fans speed), with AC at the same speed i went around 60°

Thank you
and should your Content Manager already get your 3060 chopper in the air , try making sure to have this flag on:
1655659871962.png

Rhum-induced VAOs:

rmi_hernadwalley

hidden_valley_raceway

hockegp_f3ct (Hockenheim 1960 GP Kurs Formula3)
trying to figure out why Hernad needs a VAO?
...one is included in the release version

Except for the room temperature which is normal in this season, the higher temperature of AC compared to other titles (which runs on Unreal Engine, Unity, or own engine) is the engine itself of the game, which is "badly" optimized or run too many "calculations" (in collab with the CPU) which causes an increment of temperature.

For example (with PES or FIFA which runs on different engine, i barely went over 45° with 65% of fans speed), with AC at the same speed i went around 60°
try vsync?

Not bad 60 degrees, what's your GPU?

hi,

Try setting a cap to the fps same as to the limit of your monitor or vr goggles (eg. w a 120 fps monitor set the limit to 120.)

Instead of doing it in the Assetto Corsa - Video settings, better to do it via NVIDIA control panel ,

I have quest 2 running on 72Hz , so I set limit to 73fps:
View attachment 1162560

Is it a general settings or is it specific for.the game? My average FPS is 180

Last edited:
Is it a general settings or is it specific for.the game? My average FPS is 180
the nvidia cap (background and foreground fps limit) I have set in general , so it applies to all games and apps I run..

you can also set it on Assetto corsa only (the acs.exe) via the 2nd tab there in Nvidia Control Panel , but why would you want in ANY game to have your video card produce more frames then your output device can handle?
(maybe just for benchmarking and seeing how far your card can go... )
it's of no use if your monitor is for example 100Hz to generate 180 fps,
your video card is producing 80 frames more per second that are never shown anyway - and generates more heat while doing so.

So there must be something wrong if your 1060 is 60 degree and my very much newer 3060 runs at 80
not nesc. , your video card is more powerfull, and if left to do what it can unlimited (without setting a fps limit) , it makes far more frames (180 in your case on average), where that 1060 of ChrisT prob was correctly limited to push out only 72 or 90fps....
(also from card to card the cooling and hence the "normal" temps can differ)
and newer cards running on higher clocks have a higher heat generation then older cards (the newer the card, the more power hungry and the more heat it generates - a bigger monster eats more coockies ;) )

ive got the same issues .. but with all the cars.. mabye its a new csp bug.. iam using the latest csp preview..
the thing is that the nvidea overlay show me 60% gpu usage.. while csp shows me 200%
The new CSP preview does use more GPU.
I know this as I run, anti PC myth, in 'optimal' performance in Nvidia driver.

Thus my GPU in AC using 1080p 60hz maximum 1200mhz like 30% of its power.
Much of the time its under 1000mhz even with 24 car grids.

Anyway, i went to latest CSP preview and noticed that the GPU use and mhz is higher, so where it was 1200mhz its then 1350-1410mhz.
Obviously not an issue but to confirm, I too think new CSP is using more GPU so if you are on the cusp anyway it'll really be noticed.

Edit to add regards GPU heat, I have an RTX 3080 and they do run hot, I under clocked it via MSI afterburner to 800volts (its a popular thing to do I'm not mad)
Max 1800mhz at 800 volts, v sync at 60hz like my monitor, temp in AC is only at 49c.
Literally GPU is doing nothing on max settings bar the pointless ones, its like 30% and 50 odd watts.
If i run prefer max performance it runs at 1800mhz all the time but no difference at all other than heat and wasted energy....

Now not suggesting under clocking, but at least only run what your monitor can push out...

I know its always "more power is better" but its demonstrably an untruth, don't use it if it doesn't need it.

Obvs VR is different and if you use 144hz monitors or triples etc etc...

Last edited:
I had a blank brain moment.

Forgot to where are going, the track names, when CM doens't recognize the track BL Lights APP.

Thanks for helping this old brain.
Hi there mate.

Sorry for the late reply, but only discovered it now. The path is this one.

On the main AC folder,
1655646839145.png

BTW, the new Pure is amazing.
Cheers

Thank you
Try to use an GPU undervolt, like this as an sample https://techie-show.com/how-to-undervolt-gpu/

Thank you
The other thing worth saying, is although it would make me uncomfortable, 80c for GPU is not something to worry about.
But yes, either cap your frames to what you need or try an undervolt, using MSI afterburner its easy to try and erase if not wanted.
But follow the instructions to the letter.

on some mods (quite alot actually) I find the brakelights are too dim (almost not visible) esp. when I run without PP (which i preffer as it saves much headroom).

E.g. the Seat Toledo GT v0.5 by BE_Modding (their fb does not exist anymore so I guess ok to post it here ) , this incomplete mod can be used as example (but i hope when I learn how to do this, the same can apply to many of my cars which are only 4.5 stars because of too dim brakelights)

trying to get those brakelights more visible here what i tried:
1) in lights.ini i've put color to 255,0,0,500 (the last digit is brightness, but don't know what is max value).
2) in ext_config.ini I've put
[LIGHTING]
EMISSIVE_MULT = 500 ; General multiplier
EMISSIVE_HEADLIGHTS_MULT = 1 ; Multiplier for headlights
EMISSIVE_BRAKELIGHTS_MULT = 500 ; Multiplier for brake lights
EMISSIVE_PARKINGLIGHTS_MULT = 1 ; Multiplier for parking lights

this seems to not in any way give the desired result (brakelight remains little to not visible)
any tip appreciated!
try using
[EMISSIVE_BRAKE_...]
instead.
So for the Seat example it would be something like
[EMISSIVE_BRAKE_...]
NAME=brakes
COLOR=1,0,0,50000
LAG=0.8
FALLBACK_HEADLIGHTS_COLOR=1,0,0,200
SIMULATE_HEATING=0.1
LOCATION=REAR
CAST_LIGHT=1
50000 is obviously super bright but it seems to be needed for this particular mod. I think most cars =<600 seems to be good
Screenshot_bem_seat_toledo_gt_first_snow_19-5-122-16-21-47.jpg

If you monitor can go up only to 60hz, you can set the max FPS to 60 because you'll never be able to see more that that even in game you can see 300 from the ingame app. So they are useless to be set as free. (60hz = 60 fps, 120hz = 120 fps and so on)

the nvidia cap (background and foreground fps limit) I have set in general , so it applies to all games and apps I run..

you can also set it on Assetto corsa only (the acs.exe) via the 2nd tab there in Nvidia Control Panel , but why would you want in ANY game to have your video card produce more frames then your output device can handle?
(maybe just for benchmarking and seeing how far your card can go... )
it's of no use if your monitor is for example 100Hz to generate 180 fps,
your video card is producing 80 frames more per second that are never shown anyway - and generates more heat while doing so.

not nesc. , your video card is more powerfull, and if left to do what it can unlimited (without setting a fps limit) , it makes far more frames (180 in your case on average), where that 1060 of ChrisT prob was correctly limited to push out only 72 or 90fps....
(also from card to card the cooling and hence the "normal" temps can differ)
and newer cards running on higher clocks have a higher heat generation then older cards (the newer the card, the more power hungry and the more heat it generates - a bigger monster eats more coockies ;) )

Anyway, i went to latest CSP preview and noticed that the GPU use and mhz is higher, so where it was 1200mhz its then 1350-1410mhz.
Obviously not an issue but to confirm, I too think new CSP is using more GPU so if you are on the cusp anyway it'll really be noticed.

Edit to add regards GPU heat, I have an RTX 3080 and they do run hot, I under clocked it via MSI afterburner to 800volts (its a popular thing to do I'm not mad)
Max 1800mhz at 800 volts, v sync at 60hz like my monitor, temp in AC is only at 49c.
Literally GPU is doing nothing on max settings bar the pointless ones, its like 30% and 50 odd watts.
If i run prefer max performance it runs at 1800mhz all the time but no difference at all other than heat and wasted energy....

Now not suggesting under clocking, but at least only run what your monitor can push out...

I know its always "more power is better" but its demonstrably an untruth, don't use it if it doesn't need it.

check the vsync box in AC or CM or NV control panel.

Try to use an GPU undervolt, like this as an sample https://techie-show.com/how-to-undervolt-gpu/

Thank you all for the help. I managed to lower the temps from 80 to 63!! The UI accelerator was unchecked and the Nvidia frame limit wasn't there so I set it to 60. Im using msiAB from 2 months now because I needed a good fan customization just because 3060 fly at lower temp for no reason (thank you Nvidia) now the fan % runs at 60 and the temps stay low.

I don't know if I will try to undervolt the GPU. Maybe if someone will help for this too it will be much appreciated because I never tried it. Is it worth considering how my GPU runs now? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Btw now at home I have 37°C....

Last edited:

I have a 165 hz monitor.
Gpu temp is about 70%
I have a 3070gtx.
It's OK I guess for 165 fps to get a little bit more Gpu usage. However I especially noticed this after changing to the newest csp and pure

Evening all, I managed to get hold of that e-sports Yas Marina circuit, the one that was not really intended for release, but somehow got released anyways - does anyone have an optimized version of it? It's far and away the highest quality version of that circuit I've ever seen, it's incredible the detail. YET, I can only get a paltry 30-55fps, where on all other circuits I'm usually sat around 95-165fps. Is there a "lite" version of it, that's not so heavy on your GPU/CPU?

Thank you all for the help. I managed to lower the temps from 80 to 63!! The UI accelerator was unchecked and the Nvidia frame limit wasn't there so I set it to 60. Im using msiAB from 2 months now because I needed a good fan customization just because 3060 fly at lower temp for no reason (thank you Nvidia) now the fan % runs at 60 and the temps stay low.

I don't know if I will try to undervolt the GPU. Maybe if someone will help for this too it will be much appreciated because I never tried it. Is it worth considering how my GPU runs now? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Btw now at home I have 37°C....
In my setup, I crashed at 47 fps on MSI, with everything maxed out, in the AC and CSP video,
I got a GPU usage between 90 and 99%, in Nords, grid 21 cars.
On freensync monitors, you only need to lock fps 2 or 3 frames after starting this feature, saving GPU.
Ex: Freesync between 45 and 75hz, lock on MSI 47fps.
PS: srry my english

Last edited:
Thanks for the update and not to be too picky 98% of time the grass is all most dead even when we get lots of rain it never has that European green. :)

They don't call us the sun burnt country for nothing. :D

Evening all, I managed to get hold of that e-sports Yas Marina circuit, the one that was not really intended for release, but somehow got released anyways - does anyone have an optimized version of it? It's far and away the highest quality version of that circuit I've ever seen, it's incredible the detail. YET, I can only get a paltry 30-55fps, where on all other circuits I'm usually sat around 95-165fps. Is there a "lite" version of it, that's not so heavy on your GPU/CPU?
you might answer to this question by yourself. if it was not meant to be released, AND being a private circuit too...

That's been taken in the 2% of when it's been green :). I been there 3 or 4 times watching various races as it's my local track and every time I've been there it's never been that green.
No big deal and I thank you for your efforts but all Australian tracks don't look green very often.
0fcce0c3be6ab0bb1e322063b5484c6b

The 4 times I've Bathurst for the 12hour it's looked like the picture above. I don't want to go on about this it was just a suggestion that Australian tracks are not always nice and green.
I do appreciate your efforts and not to fault your work so please don't take it that way.

you might answer to this question by yourself. if it was not meant to be released, AND being a private circuit too...
And yet he did release it? For the price tag of $100. I just thought a circuit that was designed for an eSports event would be slightly more optimized. No biggy, I'll just use another version.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back