Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,032 comments
Hmm... Does the compression affecting the game visual?
I want to try it, but didn't did it yet because I afraid it would make my game goes haywire
No, it doesn't affect the game quality. If you compress for the first time, be prepared it could take a while to compress depending on how much data you have.

Here's another legendary livery...
...irrespective of the make - Ken lives on...

917_LL_05.png

Last edited:
After applying the file compression in CM, I am surprised to see that the ratio is incredible: from 453 Gb to 98 Gb!

I remember that a week ago after compression AC occupied about 150 Gb.

How is this possible? Maybe the new version of CM incorporates an improved version of the compression process?

View attachment 1163047
realize that CM "compression" simply uses the built-in Win10 compression...
therefore CM cannot have "an improved version of the compression process"

this has been stated more than a few times in this thread over the last 2 years or so

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
Is someone aware of a good mod for the Porsche 936-77 and for the Porsche wsc-95?
Tenkiu

Attachments

• 640px-Le_Mans_Pescarolo_Porsche_936.jpg
    640px-Le_Mans_Pescarolo_Porsche_936.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 14
  • lemans-24-hours-of-le-mans-199.jpg
    lemans-24-hours-of-le-mans-199.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 12
I don't want to be mean BUT "simple" it is not the same car as in the image that I upload as you can see if you can see it, the one is IMSA and the other is JGTC and the main sponsor is not the same

The only back side information that I could find with the car is through Gran Turismo 2 gameplay really
Found another video from GT2:

Edit: And I should have read the follow up posts first. :banghead:

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
Is someone aware of a good mod for the Porsche 936-77 and for the Porsche wsc-95?
Tenkiu
Legion has a 936 available and that's a PC2 model Port same with the Renault Alpine A442.
Honestly, I tried it out on the LM circuit and it kind of sucks on the AI side and the braking side, it doesn't brake at all, the engine sound is not as good as it really is, the bodywork is too angular and the TV cam cars are all in need of revision.
it should be receiving an overhaul possibly in the future but for now...we got a crap one at the moment.

Ok I just went on track in single screen and in VR and didn't get those errors. I will alert Paul and see if he can see what's wrong if anything. As far as I know we don't have a material called chrome_rim

EDIT: can you please try this .kn5

There are some bits of the wiper config I sent Paul for the non-turbo version that are not required for the Clubsport since it doesn't have a rear wiper. GROUP_2* and the reference to the non-existent meshes "EXT_wiper_rear_metal, EXT_wiper_blade_rear_gomma" can be deleted from the ext_config.ini.
Apart from that the names of the front turn signal lights are mixed up (right is named *_L) so that the left indicator light comes on when you're turning right and vice versa.
1655791360119.png
The two EMISSIVE_HAZARD_* blocks should also be removed from both cars, since they are not required - same goes for my comment in line 203.

Hmm... Does the compression affecting the game visual?
I want to try it, but didn't did it yet because I afraid it would make my game goes haywire
Not at all, the only consequence is to save huge amounts of disk space.
realize that CM "compression" simply uses the built-in Win10 compression...
therefore CM cannot have "an improved version of the compression process"

this has been stated more than a few times in this thread over the last 2 years or so
The strange thing is that days ago, after compression, I had 50 gb more data in AC. Maybe Windows improved the compression algorithm.

Edit: Nevermind, After turning on the computer today, I just ran the compression again in CM and now I have the 154 Gb I had before.... I guess it would be a CM error when calculating the data volume.

Last edited:
- LODs and Fake Cup skins for Gadu Boyz Alfa Romeo SZ s2 -

Fact, the Alfa SZ s2 restomod by Gadu Boyz is a gorgeous car and no one should be allowed to mess with it.

Anyway...
I made a bunch of fictional fire-and-forget sloppy and lazy racing skins, 24 cars for 12 colour combinations.

The skins feature:
  • CSP scripting to get rid of redundant stuff like plates, passenger seats and belts
  • Pieces from the s1 model's AO. (Sincere thanks to El_Locho for the idea)

I've done "more regular" & GPUs-friendly LODs for the Alfa SZ s2 too, and the revised data.acd file for them to work.

Disclaimer: The included data.acd file will modify the car and render it incompatible with the official release one for online races. Back-up the car before installing this and then overwrite.
Plus, the car still lacks a proper cockpit node. Anyway I can confortably race 24 cars on my rtx2060, if that's worth something.

If anyone has the baaaaaaad idea of asking me "why this SZ and not the s1 version?" my anwer is "this one is...friskier".

Download the Alfa SZ pack from the Gadu Boyz link. It's here, it's free.
Don't be dumb and get it from directly from the source.

I could have shown you all this with a video but the replay system crapped out on me.
I need a vacation from this ungodly hack of a sim.

Have fun and don't let the car snap on you.

P.S.: the track used here is Tobeka by Frasie/C10R.
If you want my advice, try it, now!
Enjoy all the strategically placed bumps and the beautiful scenery, enjoy them with this car or the GUE gt2 package,
you will thank me later for the visceral experience. Great job @CosmiC10R !
Link: https://mega.nz/file/al4TkazD#55QuFOpF6n-9wjfVMwWHB9sHNUiK9tlee65ZvFyLZcc

Mate, two things.
  1. You can report all the VAOs that you created on the official CSP discord so they can be updated automatically by CM.Yep I know that you made a web site but it would be easier through discord or github.
  2. Did you thought to contact the GADU Boyz via their official discord for these updates... at least for the LODs? They're italian so it would be easier for you even speak with them.
Thanks for the VAOs and these updates btw. Cheers:cheers:

Honestly, I tried it out on the LM circuit and it kind of sucks on the AI side and the braking side, it doesn't brake at all, the engine sound is not as good as it really is, the bodywork is too angular and the TV cam cars are all in need of revision.
I didn't have the mod but try to go to data --> brakes.ini and see if there are some experimental lines.
I installed the LTK nissan r89c and it hadn't brakes at all so I checked and see there was some implementation for CSP physics. Remove them and the car finally brakes.

Last edited:
Got a quick question: I added some camera facing crowds to Dragon Trail for my Extension, but it only places them on some stands the way it should. Some have none and the big ones I put in at the Start Finish straight only have very few. Any ideas what could be causing such issues?

Version 1.0 - Released 2022.06.21
RENAULT SPORT R.S. 01 (2014)
CSP v0.1.74 or above required

CREDITS
• AssettoGarage for the base mod

FEATURING
• new (self-developed) tyre model for slicks hard
• scratch made CSP extended physics with aero maps
• CSP advanced brakes system

FULL CHANGELOG v1.0

Aerodynamic
• new aero from scratch
• implemented CSP aero maps
• implemented CSP extended physics

Powertrain
• new engine torque curve
• revised fuel consumption
• corrected gear ratios
• tweaked differential setup
• adjusted gear change times
• increased clutch max torque
• adjusted auto-shifter
• tweaked downshift protector setup
• clutch is now automatic

Suspensions, brakes and tyres
• new suspensions geometry
• new suspensions setup
• new dampers setup
• added bumpstops LUTs
• increased front and rear antiroll bar stiffness
• implemented CSP suspensions extra funcionality
• implemented CSP advanced braking system with thermodynamic
• new (self-developed) tyre model

Visual
• implemented PBR materials
• generated VAO patch
• updated ambient shadows
• added CSP animated wipers config
• added CSP wobbly wipers config
• LCD is now properly backlighted
• LCD is now using an HD font
• added various info to LCD
• tweaked rpm lights
• fixed driver steering animation

Other changes
• adjusted CG height
• adjusted front weight distribution
• corrected fuel tank position
• adjusted steer lock and ratio
• corrected car total weight
• corrected car polar inertia
• new onboard cameras
• new collider kn5 file
• adjusted ground collider
• generated LODs files with CM
• generated low-res cockpit with CM
• updated CM previews
• updated skins names
• regenerated livery icons

preview.jpg

DOWNLOAD

Version 1.0 - Released 2022.06.21
RENAULT SPORT R.S. 01 (2014)
CSP v0.1.74 or above required

CREDITS
• AssettoGarage for the base mod

FEATURING
• new (self-developed) tyre model for slicks hard
• scratch made CSP extended physics with aero maps
• CSP advanced brakes system

FULL CHANGELOG v1.0

Aerodynamic
• new aero from scratch
• implemented CSP aero maps
• implemented CSP extended physics

Powertrain
• new engine torque curve
• revised fuel consumption
• corrected gear ratios
• tweaked differential setup
• adjusted gear change times
• increased clutch max torque
• adjusted auto-shifter
• tweaked downshift protector setup
• clutch is now automatic

Suspensions, brakes and tyres
• new suspensions geometry
• new suspensions setup
• new dampers setup
• added bumpstops LUTs
• increased front and rear antiroll bar stiffness
• implemented CSP suspensions extra funcionality
• implemented CSP advanced braking system with thermodynamic
• new (self-developed) tyre model

Visual
• implemented PBR materials
• generated VAO patch
• updated ambient shadows
• added CSP animated wipers config
• added CSP wobbly wipers config
• LCD is now properly backlighted
• LCD is now using an HD font
• added various info to LCD
• tweaked rpm lights
• fixed driver steering animation

Other changes
• adjusted CG height
• adjusted front weight distribution
• corrected fuel tank position
• adjusted steer lock and ratio
• corrected car total weight
• corrected car polar inertia
• new onboard cameras
• new collider kn5 file
• adjusted ground collider
• generated LODs files with CM
• generated low-res cockpit with CM
• updated CM previews
• updated skins names
• regenerated livery icons

View attachment 1163356

DOWNLOAD

Renault rs 01.
Model #2345
Dropped to AC, once again.

Dude just joking but I was wondering why everyone do and do and do the same mods again and again and again.
I think I have three if not four rs01 in my CM...

Renault rs 01.
Model #2345

Dude just joking but I was wondering why everyone do and do and do the same mods again and again and again.
hahah i did a quick update to this only a few days ago just as an interim project whilst my new setup was sorted. the car was fine then all it needed was lods and a vao.

Renault rs 01.
Model #2345

I'm not a mod collector, so I don't know how many RS01 versions are out there and.. I mean.. I actually don't care, since I do cars that I like for some reason and that I think can be bettered.

Mate, two things.
  1. You can report all the VAOs that you created on the official CSP discord so they can be updated automatically by CM.Yep I know that you made a web site but it would be easier through discord or github.
  2. Did you thought to contact the GADU Boyz via their official discord for these updates... at least for the LODs? They're italian so it would be easier for you even speak with them.
Thanks for the VAOs and these updates btw. Cheers:cheers:
Thank you for looking into this stuff.
1. Later I'll find the CSP discord and drop my link there, they'll know what to do with it if they care.
Does every single VAO made by this community go up on github? Wow.

2. I just sent a PM to TN@GADUs discord, obviously there's no mention of their discord on the patreon page. Had to check one of their videos on YT to find a link.

Last edited:
Renault rs 01.
Model #2345

Lol spot on. And that's why I decided to mod things myself. Who doesn't wanna drive an Aygo over M5 mod #26487 ? Always the same cars making the rounds. It's tiring.

__custom_showroom_1655820048.jpg

****boxes forever, man.

I think his point is how the community is so fixated over a relatively reduced number of models (countless 911s, GT-R Skylines, etc). But honestly I don't think one should judge other's preferences. I too wish mods (especially quality ones) were more varied, but I try to not be so fussed about it. My favourite mod will always be the little Moggy Three Wheeler but I understand not everyone likes things like that, and it's fine.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back