Legion's Auto Club Speedway update

View attachment 1169519

I did some updates to the Superspeedway layout, they are as follows:

New AI lines, now it's much better to race;
moved spawn points, so AI won't get stuck at race start;
added spectators;
Extension, skin by @Fall Guy ;
Cameras by @Tom 00 .

just delete ".txt" from the file. Overwrite track files.

Have fun, cheers!
Is there a link for the 2021 Nascar Mod?

If i can help, I will. But if I can't, I'm not going to respond that I can't. I'll just assume that someone else will know the answer and move on.

I imagine that's the attitude of most people here.
I think there is also an attitude of: if you can’t help yourself, I certainly won’t be helping you.

Let’s face it - a request for a skin pack comes across at least partly as not being bothered to do a search either here or on RD. I think most of us work on the assumption that if you can navigate yourself through the process of signing up you can also work out how to use the search function…

@m2049 I sent it yesterday?

Thank you very much, today I will upload a lap at maximum pace and everything I could extract as speed in one lap from FH22 and FH22S there in the description will be described under what conditions the tests were done! And in relation to where I can get so much speed, I generally spend 2-3k km on the track and over the years I have specialized in driving the RSS cars, which in my opinion have the best and most realistic physics with last year's car, I did 34K KM with the 2020 one 30k, with 2019 about 20k and with the rest 2018, 2017 about 10k in total this is my experience with their cars measured in km and the rest in the form of times and laps I have uploaded them on my youtube channel :)
Thank you for this, I really want to use them but if the performance are not comparable to the VRC car I'm more than fine with it, the VRC car is great and quite satisfactory hotlapping with it. The worst part of the VRC car is the tyre management, after a lap or two the tyres are on fire and don't understand why

@m2049 I sent it yesterday?
I'm sorry, I'll get it now, thank you very much

Anyone lost their 1983 Golf Mk2 GTi by Wack (Update by Matty.L.) v1 due to this mornings post on RD (already taken down now) ?

it was a reworked widebody with futuristic sport-steering wheel and ridiculously fast engine.
The "author" forgot to change the folder name though so:
Here you can get the original (back in case yours got overwritten as mine was) (link copied from Assettoland).
If you wanna try that crazy pocket rocket version, I repacked it with correct previews, a unique folder name (and extra skin),
here is a copy
1657057231964.jpeg

I had also a version of the original modded to included a gear indicator and adding some custom skins. Feel free to grab it here.
1657057189081.jpeg

These will both be installed as separate cars when dragged in CM (do not overwrite the original).

I'm on Pure. Tried it on Sol and yes it's brighter. It's not Filter related. Tried several ones. Are you in contact with @Peter Boese ? Maybe he can help.
Two things got suggested on Peter's discord, might need to do a combination to get what you want. First, mess with your glare settings, which I don't want to do because that effects the sun glare as well. The one I found works good, but I don't know what other things it will impact, is to raise the csp_lights.emissive slider under the Lights tab. I found somewhere between 2-3 gives me the same look as I have with my Sol filter.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: I see raising that slider also brightens car headlights which makes them almost blinding from behind. Might need to fool with your CSP Lighting FX settings as well to get the cars to turn off their high beams. :)

Last edited:
I'm so upset. I come to this forum where everyone offers all kinds of wonderful information and shares incredible mods almost 24/7, and you all do it without expecting anything in return. I mean, what's with you guys! I'm so upset because none of you add to your posts, "I did this just for you ApexVGear!" You know I'm "special," so act accordingly and show me the privilege I deserve! :banghead:

...I post this with a megaton load of sarcasm of course.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming, and awesome contributions from everyone!

Reworked Crystal Palace from Kit Lethby
Added GrassFX,RainFX,New Trees,Cameras,Blimp and Balloons from Masscot
Have Fun
DaBaeda
Download:

Looks good! If the physical mesh and layout is the same as what Zwiss is working on, I might not need to wait for his version. (He's all but disappeared since the pandemic restrictions were lifted anyways.)

I don't want anything pirated. I thought maybe someone made both mods as free version and take it easy, we can't do much virtually.
Ah ok i see it’s just a lot of people come through here looking to do that.

As far as I can tell, the only Huayra R to ever exist has been the RTM version. It’s not worth it even for free IMO. It’s just a Kunos Zonda R with a bad model and poorly adapted physics. It does not feel good to drive like all of their mods. I used to have it but I deleted it long ago.

There have been three versions of the Motegi track in AC. The first one was a free conversion that was released years ago back in AC modding’s infancy I’m pretty sure. It’s severely outdated and any links to it have long since disappeared. If you do happen to find it by some miracle don’t expect it to have basic features like AI, cameras, 3D grass etc.

The second version is URD’s Tochigi ring of course, that’s just what everyone uses and it’s the best quality one. But it’s paid.

The third one is by a modder called Gilles75 and it’s a paid conversion from a much older game of an earlier year of the circuit (90s perhaps idk). It looks like a very poor mod but it’s only one pound on his website. But I wouldn’t recommend it at all.

I’ve tried looking around for a free version for a while too and I’m just convinced that there isn’t one out there unfortunately. It also failed to get mentioned on Gutbomb’s track review and there aren’t any links to a free one on Breathe’s comprehensive track listing.

Last edited:
For anyone interested, I just uploaded my Brands Hatch resource to RD. It is slightly different than the test version I posted yesterday so it might be worth updating. The difference is that I extended the back side object on the last two bridges to span the whole length of the bridge. Helps hide the difference in color\brightness under very bright lighting. If that doesn't bother you, no need to get the update at RD.

Dear Sir, I am replying to you politely because my parents taught me to be polite, I have never insulted anyone (and don't you dare put words in my mouth that I have NEVER said). So I repeat, as a polite person, do not make statements about me on sentences that I have never dreamed of making, and with this I bid the group farewell.
seems you're the one fueling this convo, all alone. No one was rude to you in a way that you should attack other members here like you're some kind of mafia boss. And no one obliges you to stay here, if you think it's an unappropiate place to be part of

No porpoising, disappointing.
eh? it definitely porposes.. you mustn't be doing it right. I reckon its worse than the VRC version!

What bugs me about it is no visual changes in setup eg. wing angles and cambers. Also no wing flex. Hopefully they bring these in later updates.

Its a good car but for me the VRC car is the better of the two. For now anyways.

Last edited:
Hello guys, good evening. I follow this topic more then a year. But is there somewhere a good Red Bull Ring track mod? The ones what i see are not really updated, and i don't like the Kunos version itself. Just for the F1 seasson i looking for :)

What is it about the Kunos one that you don't like? There is a skin here that improves every aspect of it (it seems to have been removed from Race Dept but there is a link in the video below).

Something tells me that we'll get some big improvements on Red Bull Ring very soon... 😉

1657067265861.jpeg

Can someone please DM me this Porsche 911 (993) GT1 please from 1996
trying to complete this '96 24hrs Le Mans carset
I have URD 1997 version and another '97 version, and the 98 version
but not the 1996.

cheers and thank you

Attachments

• ac-mods-tile-PORSCHE-911-993-GT1.jpg
    ac-mods-tile-PORSCHE-911-993-GT1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I mean I know that both are pay mods but I was wondering if both mods are for free somewhere.

There have been three versions of the Motegi track in AC. The first one was a free conversion that was released years ago back in AC modding’s infancy I’m pretty sure. It’s severely outdated and any links to it have long since disappeared. If you do happen to find it by some miracle don’t expect it to have basic features like AI, cameras, 3D grass etc.

The second version is URD’s Tochigi ring of course, that’s just what everyone uses and it’s the best quality one. But it’s paid.

The third one is by a modder called Gilles75 and it’s a paid conversion from a much older game of an earlier year of the circuit (90s perhaps idk). It looks like a very poor mod but it’s only one pound on his website. But I wouldn’t recommend it at all.

I’ve tried looking around for a free version for a while too and I’m just convinced that there isn’t one out there unfortunately. It also failed to get mentioned on Gutbomb’s track review and there aren’t any links to a free one on Breathe’s comprehensive track listing.

Unless I'm mistaken, the 1st version you're talking about is still available (It dates from 2018).
The link is in the listing "Real" tab line 1538 (check my signature for the listing)

I tested the link and it works.

In case you have a problem downloading it, I will post a new link

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Reworked Crystal Palace from Kit Lethby
Added GrassFX,RainFX,New Trees,Cameras,Blimp and Balloons from Masscot
Have Fun
DaBaeda
Download:

You should post before and after pictures.
I love historical tracks but this one was really, really ugly.
Thanks a lot for your work on this one

Attachments

• Screenshot_tc_legends_jaguar_mk2_gplea crystal palace_6-6-122-7-3-2.jpg
    Screenshot_tc_legends_jaguar_mk2_gplea crystal palace_6-6-122-7-3-2.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_tc_legends_jaguar_mk2_db_gplea crystal palace_6-6-122-7-4-0.jpg
    Screenshot_tc_legends_jaguar_mk2_db_gplea crystal palace_6-6-122-7-4-0.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Does anyone know if there's an easy way to fix this hood animation?

View attachment 1169649
I don't know, sorry.

Ahahahaha, no, seriously, which mod is it, what's the problem?

Edit: found it on Facebook
1657092710886.png

Edit 2: yes, there's an easy fix for this: Extract the model to FBX, import into Blender, animate the hood, export to FBX and load that into ksEditor, then put the new ksanim in the animations folder.

Edit 3: New hood animation, renamed to hood.ksanim, bound to EXTRA D:

1657095656454.png

Last edited:
Y'all now of a good site for car paints and their ref number / hex codes / whatevs ? Finding stock colours for the 2001 Vanquish is a pain in the arse lol.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back