Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,824 comments
Did a quick back to back running on the RSS car vs the VRC car for the new 2022 F1 mods. Not really for real time comparison just a seat in the pants so to speak. Though laptimes are pretty close around Silverstone. I used one of the provided setup for VRC as a base and had to just randomly dial some setup in for RSS(non-S, picked medium downforce). And already RSS was faster by a smidge. I think the RSS car is slightly easier to drive for whatever reason. Setting the hybrid in "Balance" doesn't seem to deplete the charge too fast around there where as in "Medium" for VRC will use up almost all the charge. Poiposing in the VRC feels more pronounce in the car from the sound, and actually FFB as well, but RSS car looks to actually be moving more from replay. FFB feels more detailed in the VRC car to me(more force and more things happening). And yes the LED shift lights in the RSS is hard to see.

Can someone please DM me this Porsche 911 (993) GT1 please from 1996
trying to complete this '96 24hrs Le Mans carset
I have URD 1997 version and another '97 version, and the 98 version
but not the 1996.

cheers and thank you
cant find original link and where was picked from, but here`s temporary one

enjoy

If i can help, I will. But if I can't, I'm not going to respond that I can't. I'll just assume that someone else will know the answer and move on.

I imagine that's the attitude of most people here.
The forum has been only supportive for me when it comes to help me with figuring out multiple things to port the F1 2010 season.
Although some questions could find their answer if I did navigate into the big load of block text in CSP wiki or assetto corsa dev guide, they took their time to extract the part I needed and explained to me while I'm not sure in some other place I could get the same support.

There's also some questions/request unanswered but whatever. While it may be because it had drown in the multiple comments made a day or people not knowing/caring to answer it shouldn't be a problem as I'm not entitled to anything. Unfortunately some people always want an answer and it's sad to find many drama on this thread

The forum has been only supportive for me when it comes to help me with figuring out multiple things to port the F1 2010 season.
Although some questions could find their answer if I did navigate into the big load of block text in CSP wiki or assetto corsa dev guide, they took their time to extract the part I needed and explained to me while I'm not sure in some other place I could get the same support.

There's also some questions/request unanswered but whatever. While it may be because it had drown in the multiple comments made a day or people not knowing/caring to answer it shouldn't be a problem as I'm not entitled to anything. Unfortunately some people always want an answer and it's sad to find many drama on this thread
Exactly. I think if you join this (or indeed any) forum and act like all of these people that don't know you outside of your online persona owe you answers, that's just completely the wrong attitude to have.
I'm here for the mods first and foremost, and have been lucky enough to make some friends along the way. But I don't feel like anybody owes me anything. And I certainly wouldn't act like an angry parent, telling my children off, if I don't get the exact response that I want.

Last edited:
<snip>
And yes the LED shift lights in the RSS is hard to see.
FYI : i've complained to RSS about the leds (telling them I like the ACFL ones much better and they were a bit offended :lol: ),
so they sent me a suggested fix to try out (digital_instruments.ini alteration only for the leds to become better visible, without PP and with PP) with different EMMISIVE and DIFFUSE values.

I also suggested them to change the
BLINK_SWITCH=18800
to a lower value (as this is never reached the leds never blink)

If you already want better visible and blinking leds now in offline race or own server , extract data & rename data.acd to data.acd.ori or something (so you can go back to it if you want to do online race.) Download and replace digital_instruments.ini

They will probably incorporate those changes in the first update that will come...
:cheers:

Did a quick back to back running on the RSS car vs the VRC car for the new 2022 F1 mods. Not really for real time comparison just a seat in the pants so to speak. Though laptimes are pretty close around Silverstone. I used one of the provided setup for VRC as a base and had to just randomly dial some setup in for RSS(non-S, picked medium downforce). And already RSS was faster by a smidge. I think the RSS car is slightly easier to drive for whatever reason. Setting the hybrid in "Balance" doesn't seem to deplete the charge too fast around there where as in "Medium" for VRC will use up almost all the charge. Poiposing in the VRC feels more pronounce in the car from the sound, and actually FFB as well, but RSS car looks to actually be moving more from replay. FFB feels more detailed in the VRC car to me(more force and more things happening). And yes the LED shift lights in the RSS is hard to see.
To me driving the VRC is much more realistic, at Austria Red Bull Ring for instance, try turn one in both cars, the VRC dances and squirms as you push up against the sausage kerb in 4th gear and try to get on the power as early as possible, it's a tricky corner in real life and it is in the VRC. The RSS is pretty easy to navigate and just feels a bit dead in corners like that, just a touch too easy to drive at the moment, so doesn't really keep up my interest in driving when I have the VRC car sat there winking at me to be driven.

Reworked Highlands Motorsport Park from Terra21
Added GrassFX,RainFX,New Trees,Cameras,Blimp and Balloons from Masscot
Have Fun
DaBaeda
Download:

Thanks for the update, but I think there might be a better base to work from. No idea who did it, it's markedly different to Terra's but seems to share some assets.
I'll upload it below. I added a skin years ago to change the mountains (might have used Terra's mountains? IDK, it was a long time ago) but this track seems to have more trackside details, better textures, more variety in the grass, nicer tarmac.
Downsides: only one layout (yours has three but my other Terra version has four layouts). And some shrub and tree normals might be borked.
I think this has proper NZ geotags too.
Might be worth a rework and all four layouts opening up?

Looking at the skin it seems I tweaked the terrain map and a shrub, as well as the mountains. I have absolutely no memory of doing this.

1657140526951.png

Last edited:
Reworked Oran Park from Terra21
Added GrassFX,RainFX,New Trees,Cameras,Blimp and Balloons from Masscot
Have Fun
DaBaeda
Download:

Attachments

• Oran Park 1.jpg
    Oran Park 1.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Oran Park 2.jpg
    Oran Park 2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Oran Park 3.jpg
    Oran Park 3.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Oran Park 4.jpg
    Oran Park 4.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Oran Park 5.jpg
    Oran Park 5.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 23
Thanks for the update, but I think there might be a better base to work from. No idea who did it, it's markedly different to Terra's but seems to share some assets.
I'll upload it below. I added a skin years ago to change the mountains (might have used Terra's mountains? IDK, it was a long time ago) but this track seems to have more trackside details, better textures, more variety in the grass, nicer tarmac.
Downsides: only one layout (yours has three but my other Terra version has four layouts). And some shrub and tree normals might be borked.
I think this has proper NZ geotags too.
Might be worth a rework and all four layouts opening up?

That's a version by Neil Shaw iirc...

Also I had issues with the mirrors as well in the RSS. It looks like they are at much lower res(in VR), I haven't changed any setting for mirrors and no other mods currently has this issue...

To me driving the VRC is much more realistic, at Austria Red Bull Ring for instance, try turn one in both cars, the VRC dances and squirms as you push up against the sausage kerb in 4th gear and try to get on the power as early as possible, it's a tricky corner in real life and it is in the VRC. The RSS is pretty easy to navigate and just feels a bit dead in corners like that, just a touch too easy to drive at the moment, so doesn't really keep up my interest in driving when I have the VRC car sat there winking at me to be driven.
Hold up a second... Do we have a current f1 driver in the forum.
Are you saying you have driven the 22 f1 car for real and experienced exactly how it feels to drive at the Red Bull Ring?

Honestly I don't mind the ease to drive of the RSS but is the lack of performance that let me prefer the VRC car, with the VRC car seems to drive a Ferrari while with the RSS a Williams. also the 3D model of the VRC car is nicer and more complex in my opinion.

Yeah, a lot of the trees definitely need mending with new ones... or the normals fixing, or whatever.
Don't get your hopes up. I think I just darkened them to a more natural colour and to also hide where the textures join in the middle. It was just a five minute patch up job to make them more tolerable.

Last edited:
Ah, yes - that name rings a bell. Any idea where it was from? RD maybe? It's a shame so many modders don't fill in the UI.
Edit: seems only Terra's is on RD.
Neil posted a few rf2 converts of NZ tracks here, and temporarily on YouTube but he took those down quickly. Pukekohe, Hampton Downs, Teretonga and Highlands if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back