Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,092 comments
You either have to rename/remove the original data.acd, configure CM to use the unpacked data instead of the data file or re-pack the data folder to an updated data.acd.
Could you point me towards a tutorial video for this please.... sorry I'm a complete noob.

There are a few cars I'd like to modify this way so it's worth my time learning the procedure. Also I presume I'd need to keep the original data file for any online races to prevent mismatches?

The quickest way is to go into the track's data file and change the lighting there. However, obviously you would need to do that for every track so it is not practical.
Another way is to change the brightness on your PP filter (usually in the section near the bottom). But as you've mentioned, results will vary on a track by track basis (and a car by car basis, given that you can also change exposure settings in each car's cockpit). And weather affects things too...

This is why it is so difficult to make AC truly photorealistic. If you search for photorealistic AC videos on YouTube, you'll notice that they all use the same handful of tracks and usually with overcast weather.
I did look at the lighting.ini file on the tracks I have issues with, but they only had listings for lighting angles. Nothing really about exposure or brightness. Sounds like there is no actual file that sets a track's brightness. I thought maybe there was because the Sol_Config has some kind of track exposure slider on one of the last pages so I thought the track itself had a file that set a default number. I will have to continue to do what i've been doing. Make a lighter and darker version of my filter and switch as needed depending on what the track calls for.

Could you point me towards a tutorial video for this please.... sorry I'm a complete noob.

There are a few cars I'd like to modify this way so it's worth my time learning the procedure. Also I presume I'd need to keep the original data file for any online races to prevent mismatches?
Unpacking/packing of data:

If you want to switch between the modified and original version of the data, you can use the "Use unpacked data if exists" toggle on the drive tab:
1662229869520.png

There's also a toggle in the settings to enable the use of unpacked data globally:
1662229489803.png

Unpacking/packing of data:

If you want to switch between the modified and original version of the data, you can use the "Use unpacked data if exists" toggle on the drive tab:
View attachment 1189795

There's also a toggle in the settings to enable the use of unpacked data globally:
View attachment 1189792

Thanks for this but I followed the instructions in the video and the mirror is still there.

Edit: tried again, this time I deleted the mirror config/ini file and I now have a sort of murky grey colour instead of the mirror which is a big improvement. Any way I can make this plain old black or maybe carbon?

Last edited:
Anyone having issues with Simplygon?

I'm getting the outside the bounds of array message once more.

Version 10.0.4600.0

Last edited:
next BPR 1994 skin is ready. This one was quite a bit of work :-)

side_2.JPG

I hope you guys like it.

Daniel

Last edited:
hi guys,
of late I went back to basics, running with default weather implementation (no Sol )
and no PP effects enabled in Video settings!
This gives very good image & performance in VR, but ...

When I drive into a tunnel, in the tunnel everything becomes super bright (until I am out of the tunnel again)...
Where to disable this automatic exposure thing? (i know it's in Sol , and in PP , but I use neither, so it's gotta be somewhere else still)
I've been looking for a while and this has me stumped...
Thanks already!
1662242088186.png

Kremer K8 Spyder Porsche'96 Version 1.0 for Assetto Corsa updated.

Model: 99pro/Bowerpower

Conversion: NeilB1971

Model work: Kamil Cader

Physics: Peugeot905, Kamil Cader

Testers

Peugeot905, Kamil Cader, Bakayarou, mach-77, SpeedStar2000, RMi_wood

Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ucu47a0airn5lqa/rms_kremer_k8_lmp1.7z/file

Other Lemans Prototypes Updated: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/p05kc571r5thj/Lemans_Prototype_Updates

Other mods updated: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/hb0hx8n6y3c8b/Assetto_Corsa_Mods_1

Lemans

Test Data

Real Life

Source: https://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/Le_Mans-1996-06-16.html?sort=Qualifying

1# 3:50.130

#2 3:52.376

Virtual

Ai level 100 me: Lap 1: 3:50.883 Lap 2: 3:51.020
Ai level 100: fastest: 3:51.076 slowest: 3:51.765
me: Lap 1: 3:51.122 Lap 2: 3:50.789

Monza

Test Data

Real Life(1998 year of car ran here)

Source: https://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/Monza-1998-03-29.html

#1 1:45.538

#2 1:47.924

Virtual

Ai level 100 me: Lap 1: 1:45.647 Lap 2: 1:45.672
Ai level 100: fastest: 1:45.656 slowest: 1:46.137
me: Lap 1: 1:45.845 Lap 2: 1:45.777

Screenshot_rms_kremer_k8_lmp1_00_anadara_17-7-122-16-42-37.jpg

Screenshot_rms_kremer_k8_lmp1_00_anadara_17-7-122-16-42-48.jpg

Screenshot_rms_kremer_k8_lmp1_00_anadara_17-7-122-16-43-21.jpg

Screenshot_rms_kremer_k8_lmp1_00_anadara_17-7-122-16-43-30.jpg

Screenshot_rms_kremer_k8_lmp1_00_anadara_17-7-122-16-42-57.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe try adjusting UI scale see if that helps (in Settings --> Custom Shader Patch)?
View attachment 1189030

Just an update on this, it sorted out the apps (side bar) which are now readable but the inbuilt Assetto Corsa settings (top bar) are still tiny.

Seems from my searching around the web nothing can be done about it unfortunately.

Still I can at least use the apps much easier now so thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Thanks for this but I followed the instructions in the video and the mirror is still there.

Edit: tried again, this time I deleted the mirror config/ini file and I now have a sort of murky grey colour instead of the mirror which is a big improvement. Any way I can make this plain old black or maybe carbon?
You can use any texture that's included in the model kn5 as a replacement for the display:
INI:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MESHES = CENTER_MIRROR
RESOURCE_0 = txDiffuse
RESOURCE_TEXTURE_0 = common_glass_black.dds

Alternatively, you can use any DDS you copied into the extension folder like so:
INI:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MESHES = CENTER_MIRROR
RESOURCE_0 = txDiffuse
RESOURCE_FILE_0 = ac_black.dds

Last edited:
Because I do not feel like I am able to add more stuff as of now, this will be released as unfinished
Alpine Vision Gran Turismo by jeffnghongda (v0.1)
Good things about it
-it look good
-gt7 convert [yay?]
-has the air brake animation :)
-that is all
bad things
-legit only good for photos and it isn't really that good imo
-Because I had no idea on how to extract the interior gauge textures from GT7, there is no working digital instruments
-Drives like a deathtrap (aka trash physics, only thing i managed to get right is the gear ratios.)

I will still be working on this in the future, but i think it's time for me to take a break on this before i feel burnt out.Screenshot_ji_alpine_vgt_the new void_3-8-122-19-17-46.png
Screenshot_ji_alpine_vgt_ddm_gt5_rbhangar_3-8-122-23-4-45.png

Edit: fixed link so link link link

Honestly speaking, it would be nice if someone would edit this and improve it. There's a reason why my stuff is all unencrypted as of now. However, I do not think that anyone would feel like fixing it.
now, let me just browse the files that i've extracted from gt7 v1.0 and consider what do i port next...

Last edited:
Hi guys. Is there a version of the Ralt F3 (1984) for AC, as featured in Revs? It's time for Miles Behind to make a comeback. :)
Hi!
There is no Ralt in assetto corsa.

The GranTurismo6 contains the Ralt RT3 from 1983.
If somebody can open or download this 3d model maybe somebody can convert it into AC.

The only F3 car in AC from the 80's and 90's is the Estonia 25.

Because I do not feel like I am able to add more stuff as of now, this will be released as unfinished
Alpine Vision Gran Turismo by jeffnghongda (v0.1)
Good things about it
-it look good
-gt7 convert [yay?]
-has the air brake animation :)
-that is all
bad things
-legit only good for photos and it isn't really that good imo
-Because I had no idea on how to extract the interior gauge textures from GT7, there is no working digital instruments
-Drives like a deathtrap (aka trash physics, only thing i managed to get right is the gear ratios.)

I will still be working on this in the future, but i think it's time for me to take a break on this before i feel burnt out.View attachment 1189960
View attachment 1189961

Edit: fixed link so link link link

Honestly speaking, it would be nice if someone would edit this and improve it. There's a reason why my stuff is all unencrypted as of now. However, I do not think that anyone would feel like fixing it.
now, let me just browse the files that i've extracted from gt7 v1.0 and consider what do i port next...
Nice work so far!
Is this the first GT7 car mod that's been publicly released?
Also - are you able to export GT7 tracks?

Last edited:
Nice work so far!
Is this the first GT7 car mod that's been publicly released?
Also - are you able to export GT7 tracks?
sadly i could not because i do not own the game, someone only ripped the car files (unextracted) and shared it publically.
or i could try to deep dig enough on google

Edit: 1 second after I posted this, i already found it on google.

Last edited:
hi guys,
of late I went back to basics, running with default weather implementation (no Sol )
and no PP effects enabled in Video settings!
This gives very good image & performance in VR, but ...

When I drive into a tunnel, in the tunnel everything becomes super bright (until I am out of the tunnel again)...
Where to disable this automatic exposure thing? (i know it's in Sol , and in PP , but I use neither, so it's gotta be somewhere else still)
I've been looking for a while and this has me stumped...
Thanks already!
View attachment 1189847
You could switch off AutoExposure in the ppfilter:

1662284820680.png

1662284859539.png

Hi!

If somebody can open or download this 3d model maybe somebody can convert it into AC.

Interesting, thanks!

yep the 1983 IIRC is pretty much the same car as the 1984 (or extremely close) so would make a fine base to recreate Revs in AC. How sweet would that be! :)

next BPR 1994 skin is ready. This one was quite a bit of work :-)

View attachment 1189848
I hope you guys like it.

Daniel
Where can I download this car?
I have some GT2 964 (Shokeus, Zin5ki), but I havent got this model.
(The 3d (except the wheel )looks like as Shokeus's car, but the texture mapping is different. The mapping is same/similar as in Zin5ki's car , but I have a bigger wing and an ugly extra lights on the hood...)

La Roquette Rally France - rain and grass and vao and so on...

Track can be found here: https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb/copia-di-spain-portugal

• You should be able to copy the files straight into you assetto corsa folder as long as you have the track installed. It will ask to override - backup your track if you want to keep the original files.

• If the new grass still won't show check your assetto corsa folder: extension/textures/grass_fx. You should have a "highlands.dds" file in there, otherwise no grassFX.

• Also removed the "gravel dirt effect", seems to be an asphalt rally.

Attachments

• la_roquette.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 19
Hi!

I have this bad boy, RALT RT1 from 1976. So there's at least one! :lol:
1662293659752.png

Where can I download this car?
I have some GT2 964 (Shokeus, Zin5ki), but I havent got this model.
(The 3d (except the wheel )looks like as Shokeus's car, but the texture mapping is different. The mapping is same/similar as in Zin5ki's car , but I have a bigger wing and an ugly extra lights on the hood...)
Hi, the car used is the "porsche_964_RSR" by Shokeus. If you have difficulties with the cars you have or you just can't find the right car, please PM me.

Hi!

It would be awesome to find the RT4, the swift and reynard Formula Atlantic cars too. There is a 1977 Formula Atlantic mod in RF1, but, wont be very high poly models. I dont have the ability, but the guy who made those models and the guy who run the team, have given me permission to get it converted, so long as it is not sold, and appropriate credits are given, however, i fear that nothing could be done to take the old models and braing them to modern standards.. Sadly multiple F1 mods are done, while the lower more interesting classes are forgotten

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back