Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,790 comments
Tnat is new for me Elio. I was under the impression that Capitals were only preventing CM to record top speed and driven distance… ?
Hi !

And also prevent the preview into the vanilla interface of AC choosing a skin (not via directly CM if somebody uses it).

So, I confess one thing and all my apologies but, putting my hands in some CM settings, I disabled the "car instruments" item so the wipers work !
I'm such a complete idiot so sorry, sincerely sorry. :ouch::banghead:

Anyway, I discovered the last "silent changes", I downloaded it and I saw several modificated files since the "Official RSS version 2" and It's cool.

@sab001
The car with your beautiful skin on the Suzuka track (Reboot Laser Scanned version) ;) :bowdown:

Cheers and take care ! :cheers:

Absolutely, the more the merrier. (I wonder in what sense is it "post"? Still has the LeMans sticker on it... Either not raced or left the sticker just because.)
Raced, finished 3rd overall even. That version with the tape was the one on display at the Nissan HQ.

140289655_2781036232155415_643158655858199469_n.jpg

Chassis R8 had that tape too (think this one has been bought and converted into a road car by Erik Comas ?)

Anyone know if there is any general rule about the number you should use for Elements in the crowd_facing.ini file? Is there a point where too high a number severely impacts performance?

Raced, finished 3rd overall even. That version with the tape was the one on display at the Nissan HQ.

140289655_2781036232155415_643158655858199469_n.jpg

Chassis R8 had that tape too (think this one has been bought and converted into a road car by Erik Comas ?)
Not sure it was actually bought, he was supposed to get a Nissan R390 road car as a payment after the 2 years of racing at Le Mans for Nissan, but Nissan didn't produce any road cars after their single one needed for homologation.
I remember in an interview Erik Comas jokingly mentioned he got the road car 25 years late, maybe they got to a different agreement back then and he just bought it now or he really had to wait that long to get a race car and convert it himself :lol:

I checked that too, but I found far more pictures of the real car equipped with a straight wiper, and only a few with the 'hooked' one.
And while I'm OK with the hooked one, it just doesn't cover enough surface to actually be of any use.
Literally every picture I Have seen has the crooked wiper.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-29 195454.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-11-29 195454.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 13
Raced where (after LM98) I wonder? Wiki doesn't show anything after LM98 (as they went to R391 in 99)
Amazing job mate!!! Do you have plans to paint the #30 and #31 car? they only differ the main logos and Banner colors.
Thanks! 31 for sure, 30 was the longtail I think. (maybe do one anyway since the paintjob was similar)

EDIT: They're saying it's a longtail on some sites, (does that look longer in these pics?) but I think they were just all "longtails". ( EDIT: I can't believe I didn't see the difference from the '97s... aackk.)

R390-Longtail_30-02.jpg

I see from the following discussion that I can do all the teamcars (30,31,32...the ones with the flag background.)

R390-Longtail_30-04.jpg

Attachments

• R390-Longtail_30-03.jpg
    R390-Longtail_30-03.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Hello there, how do you view this information in Content Manager?

The 'analyze' feature doesn't show nearly as much information for me - it just shows me if there are any issues CM can fix. Example:
View attachment 1211822

Thank you for your help.

Edit: found it. It's settings --> content manager --> dev --> check "while analyzing, check some extra cars' details". Can't believe I've never spotted that before.
Thanks, didnt know about this either...

Raced where (after LM98) I wonder? Wiki doesn't show anything after LM98 (as they went to R391 in 99)

Thanks! 31 for sure, 30 was the longtail I think. (maybe do one anyway since the paintjob was similar)

EDIT: They're saying it's a longtail on some sites, (does that look longer in these pics?) but I think they were just all "longtails".

View attachment 1211938View attachment 1211941
WOW wich 1 is the real 1 amazing pics thanks for this great skin :cheers:

Regarding that whole wiper debate: They used a extremely short wiper for 1998, as the rules just stated the wiper had to wipe the windshield but not how much of it, so they went with the smallest they could and at night when there was a bit of rain they changed the wipers on a pitstop.

For 1999 they were told by the ACO to not use that loophole again. Other than that the wipers they used on races were the same this mod has, others may just be put now when the cars get out for Goodwood etc.

Last edited:

EDIT: They're saying it's a longtail on some sites, (does that look longer in these pics?) but I think they were just all "longtails".
It exclusively raced at Le Mans, all those 1998 cars are the longtails as they were evolutions from the 1997 Nissan R390 which was shorter:

art-mg-Nissan+R390+a.jpg

The 1998 Nissan "Longtail" term means that the the car is longer than the previous 1997 version wich was "short" with no tail. Same goes for the McLarens.
All 4 1998 Nissan LM cars on the grid were the same spec and class.

Regarding that whole wiper debate: They used a extremely short wiper for 1998, as the rules just stated the wiper had to wipe the windshield but not how much of it, so they went with the smallest they could and at night when there was a bit of rain they changed the wipers on a pitstop.

For 1999 they were told by the ACO to not use that loophole again. Other than that the wipers they used on races were the same this mod has, others may just be put now when the cars get out for Goodwood etc.
Thank you. That is what I thought as well.

Hi guys,

the Ferrari F40 in its BPR version has been updated. You will find the download under: https://www.mediafire.com/file/9sixh4xbv5hi5lg/ferrari_f40_comp_bpr94.7z/file

I am currently working on the Pilot-Aldix skins of the 1995 season:

1669784424800.png

1669784439744.png
1669784459663.png

1669784484241.png

Pilot-Aldix #40 Jarama 4H 1995
__custom_showroom_1669803373.png

Pilot-Aldix #40 Monza 4H 1995
__custom_showroom_1669793231.png

Pilot-Aldix #40 Paul Ricard 4H 1995
1669806342065.png

There are many many more skins in the make, they and the ones shown above will be released with the race packs. The next pack will be Dijon 94 which I hope to have ready in the first half of December :-)

Last edited:
Silver Queen Raceway, based inside Silver Queen Mine is now up on my Patreon feed.

I do feel a bit of pressure to keep putting out new content on Patreon, and therefore am building up a hefty backlog of tracks that are about 90% done. I think I need to take a month or two off from making new ideas and requests, and just finish a lot of the ones that are very close to crossing the finish line. Then dump them all on RD and take up the whole 'New Content' page with like 20 tracks!View attachment 959126 View attachment 959127 View attachment 959128 View attachment 959129 View attachment 959130 View attachment 959131 View attachment 959132 View attachment 959133

View attachment 959134

I this beautiful thank doesn't functioning well...in race the 20 ai is very slowly..Do u have any update for this track?

Silver Queen Raceway, based inside Silver Queen Mine is now up on my Patreon feed.

I do feel a bit of pressure to keep putting out new content on Patreon, and therefore am building up a hefty backlog of tracks that are about 90% done. I think I need to take a month or two off from making new ideas and requests, and just finish a lot of the ones that are very close to crossing the finish line. Then dump them all on RD and take up the whole 'New Content' page with like 20 tracks!View attachment 959126 View attachment 959127 View attachment 959128 View attachment 959129 View attachment 959130 View attachment 959131 View attachment 959132 View attachment 959133

View attachment 959134
I..the 20 ai in race on this track is slowly dosn't functioning well...Do u have any update to fix this error?thanks

I this beautiful thank doesn't functioning well...in race the 20 ai is very slowly..Do u have any update for this track?
@pk3r72owns : Silver Queen Raceway is an excellent track, but Silver City is even better. Unfortunately, the AI line is definitely problematic on that too – especially when cars cross the start finish line. At that point, the AI cars slow down suddenly and dodge and weave like Pastor Maldonado. It would be really awesome if you could fix that. Then it would be an absolute 5-Star track, for me at least.

In the original post from 2020, you said, "I do feel a bit of pressure to keep putting out new content on Patreon, and therefore am building up a hefty backlog of tracks that are about 90% done. I think I need to take a month or two off from making new ideas and requests, and just finish a lot of the ones that are very close to crossing the finish line."

In my humble opinion, it would be much better to add the final polish to a bunch of your current unfinished tracks before starting on even more new content that doesn't get that last 10% completed. I subscribed to your Patreon for many many months, but the fact that few tracks got properly finished was the very reason I stopped. A great track will never be a really great track unless it has proper AI and cameras.

I hope you take this message in the spirit in which I'm posting it. I genuinely love a number of your tracks, but just wish they were 100% finished so that I could enjoy them without a tinge of frustration. :cheers:

Last edited:

EDIT: They're saying it's a longtail on some sites, (does that look longer in these pics?) but I think they were just all "longtails". ( EDIT: I can't believe I didn't see the difference from the '97s... aackk.)

View attachment 1211938

I see from the following discussion that I can do all the teamcars (30,31,32...the ones with the flag background.)

View attachment 1211943
If you want I can do the pre-quali liveries. (this is from the RR3 R390). But I don't have a template or blank version of the skin :(

__custom_showroom_1669795763.jpg

One more request my good people.... VW Golf R32 mk4 ?
have in my AC car collection a pretty nice 1999 MK4 pack by Lucas Macedo , there's a R32 version in there as well...
1669797609858.png

I don't find it on LM official page though... (searched here)
so I have put a copy here (temp. for 7 days) , hope that is OK to share here (I guess so because LM does not charge for his releases afaik).

Literally ... 🤔
IMG_0182.JPG

IMG_0184.JPG

But that's not even my point.
As I wrote: I don't even care if the wiper is crooked or straight or small or big, as long as it wipes the screen sufficiently to make it possible to see the track/apex (in rain races and using cockpit view obviously, I'm not a follow cam/hood cam driver).

This is the most right side movement the (my) actual in-game wiper has:

__custom_showroom_1669800084.jpg

and yes, that's useless.
Since we can't get another set of useful wipers in the pits like IRL, it would be great if the actual wiper (whatever shape) would clean a bigger windscreen area (at least in the drivers FOV), which was my whole point.

Just still fiddling with the lights, but added a version with ramps.
If anyone is aware of this Autosport arena, it is the best thing about the autosport NEC show.
Also have a version with 6 car grid for little races like they have there.

What would be cool is lazers and a spot light that follows the vehicle. Is that possible?

Last edited:
Kano - Ragaly Rally Hungary - rain and grass and vao and so on...

Track can be found here: https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb/copia-di-track-1

• You should be able to copy the files straight into you assetto corsa folder as long as you have the track installed. It will ask to override - backup your track if you want to keep the original files.

• If the new grass still won't show check your assetto corsa folder: extension/textures/grass_fx. You should have a "highlands.dds" file in there, otherwise no grassFX.

snap.jpg

Attachments

• hu_kano_ragaly.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 13
Just still fiddling with the lights, but added a version with ramps.
If anyone is aware of this Autosport arena, it is the best thing about the autosport NEC show.
Also have a version with 6 car grid for little races like they have there.

What would be cool is lazers and a spot light that follows the vehicle. Is that possible?

You are going to love a few tracks soon to be released...
much jumps, some ramps.

Hi guys,

the Ferrari F40 in its BPR version has been updated. You will find the download under: https://www.mediafire.com/file/9sixh4xbv5hi5lg/ferrari_f40_comp_bpr94.7z/file

I am currently working on the Pilot-Aldix skins of the 1995 season:

View attachment 1211964
View attachment 1211965View attachment 1211966
View attachment 1211967
There are many many more skins in the make, they and the ones shown above will be released with the race packs. The next pack will be Dijon 94 which I hope to have ready in the first half of December :-)
thank you mate, you are really making tribute to this golden era of gt^^

we thank you all for this

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back