Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,091 comments
Fiat Bertone X1/9 project

I recommend patient people to wait for @plrmntonio's version, I hope they will get a nicer mod with more accurate parameters (unfortunately, I don't know where it is in the work). Since I worked so hard on this car, I decided to share it for testing. Maybe some friends might be happy. Remember, just delete it if you don't like it - it's a game, not a Greek drama.

Fiat_Bertone_X19_project.jpg

Release:

Volkswagen Mk1 Volkswagen Golf 1 Club Track v1.50
-----------------------------------------------------------

-created underneath reflector mesh for refraction under rear light texture by @El Locho;<----Thank you!
-set rear light textures to transparent
-created new lights in lights.ini due to inner light source and packed (don't like it to make it with csp)
-created new normalmap for rear light texture for refraction effect in kseditor
-added rear blinkers in csp
-added lights at license plate lights (Tongue-twister?)
-better and more realistic flames and smoke
-added refraction for all rear lights
-cockpit AO is not possible because of mapping mess and no uvwrap so i added a VAO for the car

Missing things:

-Missing Lod's
and...I can't think of anything else

Screenshot_golf_mk1_club_track_js_thruxton_3-11-122-21-17-25.jpg
Screenshot_golf_mk1_club_track_js_thruxton_3-11-122-21-28-29.jpg

oh...and the link (has all the new skins inside and the other stuff)

MEDIAFIRE

Hello. Does anyone know how to fix inverted shadows on the windscreen?
I came across great car mods many times, with this problem, which spoils the view from the cockpit.
Can this be fixed with ext_config.ini or AC content manager tools?

mRriqMsXYj.png

Last edited:
Release:

-created underneath reflector mesh for refraction under rear light texture by @El Locho;<----Thank you!
-created new lights in lights.ini due to inner light source and packed (don't like it to make it with csp)
-cockpit AO is not possible because of mapping mess and no uvwrap so i added a VAO for the car

Missing things:

-Missing Lod's

View attachment 1213092
View attachment 1213093

MEDIAFIRE
Great job!
Thanks @MrHunt and @El Locho, the rear refractions look great.
Not sure what happened to the LODs, the previous build had them. I'll redo them and re-release with the additional skins at some point. Might need some faffage to keep the refractions in the LODs, so @norms might be airlifted in to assist. ;)
Edit: one thing I keep forgetting to ask: the tacho has one of those secondary needles that record maximum revs. Any way to make it slowly return to zero rather than stay at the max? I've been trying to think of cars that use this feature, but am drawing a blank.

Last edited:
Great job!
Thanks @MrHunt and @El Locho, the rear refractions look great.
Not sure what happened to the LODs, the previous build had them. I'll redo them and re-release with the additional skins at some point. Might need some faffage to keep the refractions in the LODs, so @norms might be airlifted in to assist. ;)
Edit: one thing I keep forgetting to ask: the tacho has one of those secondary needles that record maximum revs. Any way to make it slowly return to zero rather than stay at the max? I've been trying to think of cars that use this feature, but am drawing a blank.
That max rev needle, isn't it supposed to stay where it is, until reset by means of a button ?

Edit: like this: https://static.speedwaymotors.com/pdf/47544384.pdf

Last edited:
Magione Mod Update

Magione mod v1.1

Small update to my little Magione mod. It doesn't do much other than add animated flags, flag lights and displays on the s/f display boards. Thanks to @Quark67 for the info on what is on the left side boards in real life. Still working on getting the red display lights more accurate, but these work for now. I put the time of day on the right side display even though he said it's usually off. You can set it inactive in the config if you don't want anything displayed. The track skin is not needed for other things to work. I use it so I included it. Everything else should match the stock CSP config.

I'll be updating a lot of my other mods to do the flag lights like I did on Red Bull Ring. They work\look much better than what I had previously tried on my other mods.

Well, totally pipped by ClydeYellow with his R390 #32 skin. Much higher quality than mine. 8k even! (Get it from RD) Development of mine has stopped. I will definately start in 8k next time. Learned alot too :) (8k skin pic)

View attachment 1212069
And that's why I should check this thread more often - I hadn't even realized somebody else was working on the 1998 Le Mans skins:dopey:.

The Nissan R390 was one of my first exposures to the world of sportscar racing, so I'm really chuffed to have it in Assetto Corsa - and I had to work on bringing it even closer to real life.

Just uploaded a full 1998 skinpack on Racedepartment, which also features some improvements to the #32 skin. It's still missing all the ancillaries (helmets, crew skins and the likes), which I'm still working on and should be available shortly.

Anyone know how to increase the brightness of headlights on a specific car? Do I have unpack the data file or can I do it in the ext_config for the car? The recent 2017 Aston Martin GTE mod has very low headlight brightness on my system compared to other cars and it's hard to drive at night. Thanks....

Release:

Missing things:

-Missing Lod's

View attachment 1213092
View attachment 1213093

MEDIAFIRE
Why are the logos stretched on the car?

Bild_2022_12_04_04_46_45_505.png

Bild_2022_12_04_04_46_40_338.png

Last edited:
Thank you for all your work, shi.
I pretty much download everything you post without hesitation.

Small problem though - I had no puddles in Paris, so I did this:

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MESHES = VISROAD?, 1KERB?, 1TARMAC?, 1PIT?, 1RMBL?, 1GREEN?, 1LINE?, VISPIT?, VIS?,
SOAKING_MESHES = VISROAD?, 1KERB?, 1TARMAC?, 1PIT?, 1RMBL?, 1GREEN?, 1LINE?, VISPIT?, VIS?,
ROUGH_MESHES = 1GRASS?
SMOOTH_MATERIALS =

(I think it's pretty much the "VIS?")

Now it rains...

Thanks again!
Thanks for liking my work!
Fixed.
shi
GP de Paris v1.01

View attachment 1212465
Fictional street circuit in Paris, France.
Conversion from GTR2.

-CSP required
-32 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Original Track by GLAPA Michel and GLAPA Sylvain
GTR2 Converted by TheSky
-Attempts to contact them have gone unanswered. Thank you for their work.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
cobbles texture by Reboot Team Paris
marshall, some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe , @Masscot , @Fanapryde , @joshcaminskl

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member joshcaminskl.

v1.01 changelog;
-Fixed a problem with RainFX not working. (Thanks for the report, @Bart Bowles .)

GP de Paris v1.01
The link is in the quote.

changelog;
-Fixed a problem with RainFX not working. (Thanks for the report, @Bart Bowles .)
Screenshot_bg_italdesign_zerouno_paris_gp_3-11-122-23-6-1.jpg

Last edited:
Red Bull Ring Mod v2.0

Red Bull Ring Mod v2

Please make a backup copy of your ks_red_bull_ring folder to be safe because this replaces or adds files to the track folder. Also delete any track skins from my previous version. CSP is required to work properly. If you don't use CSP, the track skins will still work, but you will have to copy the files to the default folder in the skins directory.

Credit for the ext_config goes to the CSP guys who did the original config used as the base and @CrisT86 for the changes to the config to make it work better.
Track skins are a combination of my own edited textures with a few textures from a skin I already had (don't know the author) and @Peter Boese ac-color-corrections texture pack.
Additional kn5 files for the stock track done by me.
Two additional track cams done by me.
Special thanks to @CrisT86 for all the help with the config and @andrevr , @Peter Boese , and @xNAPx for testing things for me along the way. And @ales100i for the pictures of the area to help me get the season changes somewhat accurate.

All decisions on texture colors and brightness were made based on watching Youtube videos of the recent F1 race. To be honest, one set of trees should be brighter to be more accurate, but they looked out of place as brighter textures. If I hear enough complaints, i'll adjust the texture and make it available.

Can't stress this enough, please read the included Readme file so you can understand everything in the download. I tried to accommodate as many variables as I could so there are a couple of config options to fit your ppfilter, monitor settings, personal tastes, etc.

View attachment 1212404

Any and all improvement suggestions are welcome. I did the best I could, but i'm sure there are mistakes to be fixed.

EDIT: Optional skin update. If you're happy with how things look, there is no need for this. I included the wrong Trees4.dds file. Can't believe no one complained about how yellow it was. Also updated the top1 and TOP files to better match the brightness of the main grass areas. The full mod link above includes this update so no need for this if you are getting the mod for the first time.

Red Bull Ring skin update
Added a small skin update link if you are using one of my included skins. It replaces a wrong tree file that I included by mistake and adjusts two other images to blend all the grass areas together better.

Also, there is a small typo in one of the flag light LUTs that is not a big enough deal to do a full track update. If you'd like to fix it, open the ext_config in notepad++ and look on line 632. The part that reads 12=,0,2 should be 12=0,0,2. This only impacts the blue flashing light on pit exit so it might not be worth the hassle to fix yourself.

EDIT: There will be a small ext_config update tomorrow as well once I make sure what I did doesn't impact anything else. I managed to get the s/f line display board digits lit without causing lights to turn on for other things that shouldn't have lights. It helps make it easier to see the board as you drive by. Need to run some laps on all the layouts to make sure it doesn't impact Pyyer's stuff first.

Last edited:
I don't know if its a bug or something, I noticed for the new RSS Enduro pack cars, in replay mode for screenshots they start out ok with wheel blur, but at somepoint the wheels stopped blurring...I have accumulative blurring enabled and disabled the AC rim blur, you can see the Ferrari in the back(sort of) had its wheel blurred. I also tried taking pictures of other carswhen this happened and their wheels still blurs properly...
1670133406234.jpeg

1670133600406.jpeg

Thats because of the missing lod's we have to create new one after the kn5 was changed from me,

Unfortunately, this always has to be as soon as the kn5 is changed
But if there are no LODs then the main kn5 will be used at all draw distances... so why do the rear lights change? That's why I wondered if they were linked to the COCKPIT_HR switch at 7 metres.

Last edited:
@MrHunt @El Locho are the new rear lights in COCKPIT_HR by any chance?
They swap out for a much simpler version at around 7m.

All OK:
View attachment 1213142

A little further back:
View attachment 1213143

View attachment 1213175 View attachment 1213177
@Masscot you're right, parts of the lights were parented to the COCKPIT_HR and there were also low poly lights inside COCKPIT_LR. I moved all the lights to a different empty and also separated the light meshes in lod b. @MrHunt can you check whether that broke any of your changes? https://www.mediafire.com/file/1qdnpxi4g0r8d43/golf_mk1_club_track.7z/file (includes the original data/lods.ini and lods a-d)

One thing I noticed is that when turning on the rear lights for the first time, it also lights up some of the other lights for like 2-3 seconds until they turn off and everything's ok:
1670141284871.png

Last edited:
@Masscot you're right, parts of the lights were parented to the COCKPIT_HR and there were also low poly lights inside COCKPIT_LR. I moved all the lights to a different empty and also separated the light meshes in lod b. @MrHunt can you check whether that broke any of your changes? https://www.mediafire.com/file/1qdnpxi4g0r8d43/golf_mk1_club_track.7z/file (includes the original data/lods.ini and lods a-d)

One thing I noticed is that when turning on the rear lights for the first time, it also lights up some of the other lights for like 2-3 seconds until they turn off and everything's ok:
View attachment 1213224
Lights and LODs look great to me (and I'm not getting any other lights activating for 2-3 secs like you are?) but the cockpit glass has lost transparency - I had to toggle the flag in CM showroom. No biggie.
I've got a few new liveries to finish off then I'll release the whole car again later with these updates.
If anyone else spots something amiss, please shout.

Okay guys, this is it. As of today I will never release anything again. To the delight of touchy-feely, childish people who threaten to never release anything again, I have decided that wasting time on AC is no longer fun. It was nice to be an active part of the community, thanks to those who appreciated what I did.
I hope you can reconsider your decision, because a lot of people appreciate your works, and only smart people know that what you do it's not a detriment to modders.
If people like you will stop doing these "FREE" jobs for the AC community, sooner or later it will just be a world of Patreons.

How is it said in italian, "non ti curar di loro ma guarda e passa".

So this is what you get for 32 Euro in 2022.

View attachment 1211739

The simple answer is most modders either haven't a clue what they're doing or don't care at all about getting data close to reality. The most common problems I've found (related purely to engines/aero):

• No transmission loss taken into account
  • Engines just copied from a 'close enough' Kunos car
  • Power/Torque/Weight figures changed in the UI only and not adjusted in data (seriously some people don't realise they're not one and the same)
  • Power and torque figures entered without taking the turbo into account (which then gets added in on top)
  • Aerodynamics that don't have any entries for drag so the top speed is only limited by gearing, this is a very noticeable issue on modern cars which have 7 or 8 gears as these are for economy, not top speed, yet without any drag they allow some cars to reach several hundred mph given enough room.
  • Aerodynamics blindly copied from a random Kunos car (for some reason there's loads that have a ~97% similarity to the Zonda R)
  • Issues with gearing/drivetrain/aero/tyres/suspension/weight that don't allow a car to reach the manufacturer claimed performance stats so get compensated for by adding more power.

For straight line performance I'd recommend this track https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/test-pad.10703/ with perfect conditions and no wind. Get your basic data as Mike173 mentioned, from https://www.automobile-catalog.com/#gsc.tab=0 but beware that some of the data isn't totally accurate so go to a few different sources to compare if it's a car you really care about. Then for the aero, I start by copying the aero.ini and all the wing_****_CD.lut files from the most similar Kunos car, then adjust the size/positions in the CM showroom (plus add or subtract wings as needed). Test on the test track and open the aero app while you're making your top speed run, then make adjustments to the CD_GAIN and CL_GAIN figures in each wing of the aero.ini until you're happy with the downforce and the drag stops the car at the correct top speed (in cars not limited by gearing).
Perfectly explained.
That is what I've done on countless cars.
:D:D

Second one. :)

An an example
Code:
[LIGHT_HEADLIGHT_...]
COLOR=9.7, 9.7, 8.07, 3
AFFECTS_TRACK=1
The last number in COLOR is the brightness
or

[LIGHTING]
; Multipliers for emissive values in “lights.ini”, a way to fix for older cars with dimmer lights
EMISSIVE_MULT = 1 ; General multiplier
EMISSIVE_HEADLIGHTS_MULT = 1 ; Multiplier for headlights
EMISSIVE_BRAKELIGHTS_MULT = 1 ; Multiplier for brake lights
EMISSIVE_PARKINGLIGHTS_MULT = 1 ; Multiplier for parking lights

shi
I have converted 3 fictional tracks from GTR2. Details of the circuit can be found in the original link or readme_gtr2.
Original author link (RD)

Le Mancorchamps v1.1 (12/04/2022 Update)

View attachment 1213266
-CSP required
-30 pit/start
-AI, cam
-White & Red cm skin

Credits & Thanks:
Original Track by ChriKoh
-Thank you for giving me permission

AI by @KevinK2
ext_config by @CrisT86
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
Additional cams by @DaBaeda

v1.1 changelog;
-Added groove, lights, seasons, 2nd windmill
-Adjusted some normals and shaders
-Changed asphalt texture
-Fixed white line
-Edited track map
-Added 2 cams by DaBaeda
-Added logo.png and sections.ini by Fanapryde
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spaburgring v0.99
View attachment 975508
Zandzuka v0.99
View attachment 975509
  • CSP required
  • 30 pit/start
  • AI
  • Replay cam
  • Red and white cm skin
  • GrassFX, RainFX

Credits & Thanks:
Original Track by ChriKoh
-Thank you for giving me permission

AI by KevinK2
ext_config by CrisT86

Le Mancorchamps v1.1
The link is in the quote.

v1.1 changelog;
-Added groove, lights, seasons, 2nd windmill
-Adjusted some normals and shaders
-Changed asphalt texture
-Fixed white line
-Edited track map
-Added 2 cams by @DaBaeda
-Added logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
Screenshot_golf_mk1_club_track_lemancorchamps_4-11-122-20-12-12.jpg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back