Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,793 comments
Got another question for anyone familiar with the Longford race track area. Can't find any good pictures of the track to go by so which one of these pictures is a closer match to the road brightness of the real track or roads in that area. Thanks...

acs 2023-01-14 15-06-34.png

acs 2023-01-14 15-06-20.png

acs 2023-01-14 15-05-51.png

Got another question for anyone familiar with the Longford race track area. Can't find any good pictures of the track to go by so which one of these pictures is a closer match to the road brightness of the real track or roads in that area. Thanks...

View attachment 1222864
View attachment 1222865

View attachment 1222866
I'm pretty far from Longford, but i don't think there's a standard. The road colour (darker or brighter) can be affected by the age of the tarmac itself (when newer is almost dark grey, when really old, is a really really bright grey. As personal taste i would go with a medium-bright one, not too grey, not too black

Based on the low amount image available, it seems that when it was used for racing, the tarmac was almost new, so a bit darker

Last edited:
I'm pretty far from Longford, but i don't think there's a standard. The road colour (darker or brighter) can be affected by the age of the tarmac itself (when newer is almost dark grey, when really old, is a really really bright grey. As personal taste i would go with a medium-bright one, not too grey, not too black

Based on the low amount image available, it seems that when it was used for racing, the tarmac was almost new, so a bit darker
From my understanding in the 60s and 70s, resealing a public road for a car race, wasn't done. Painting new lines maybe, resealing, not likely.

From my understanding in the 60s and 70s, resealing a public road for a car race, wasn't done. Painting new lines maybe, resealing, not likely.
The tarmac could have been re-done (as normal road update-fix for daily use by the population) weeks before the race for example, and not for the race itself, but be darker due to the fact is newer as said ;)

The tarmac could have been re-done (as normal road update-fix for daily use by the population) weeks before the race for example, and not for the race itself, but be darker due to the fact is newer as said ;)
I understand. Not sure where you are from but we are talking about a small rural Tasmanian town on roads that wouldn't have had alot of traffic that required a resurface.
I know in NZ, which is basically the same, right upto the turn of the century, resurfacing a road like that just wasn't done as often. Even now a rural road like that, heck even the main highways, don't get that upkeep done on them, not here in Australia, and certainly not NZ.

I understand. Not sure where you are from but we are talking about a small rural Tasmanian town on roads that wouldn't have had alot of traffic that required a resurface.
I know in NZ, which is basically the same, right upto the turn of the century, resurfacing a road like that just wasn't done as often. Even now a rural road like that, heck even the main highways, don't get that upkeep done on them, not here in Australia, and certainly not NZ.
My tought was in general, not extremely related to Longford (even if the main speech was about it). Of course, as you said, in rural zones (even more back in the early 60s) the amount of cars had been extremely reduced, so the resurface would have been a once-in-a-while thing to do

Btw i'm from the north of Italy, not properly in a rural zone, but at the feet of the mountains, but yeah, roads are not up-to-date even in 2023 XD

For RacingJoes purposes, and I've not been to Tassie, but based on rural roads in Victoria that I've driven, while in the truck, the middle one would be close. If you were able to do a mixture around the circuit, I'd be looking at a mix between top and middle

For RacingJoes purposes, and I've not been to Tassie, but based on rural roads in Victoria that I've driven, while in the truck, the middle one would be close. If you were able to do a mixture around the circuit, I'd be looking at a mix between top and middle
As said in my first post, i agree. Due to the old/dusty tarmac, would be good to have a clear (not too bright) tarmac, which reflects the no-so-much used roads of that time (even as said, the few images available on google shows a darker tarmac) ;)

longford.png

Hi racinjoe013 - hope you're doing well... Like what you are doing here.

Thought to throw in my 20cents worth into the bucket of suggestions been made, and to say that although I'm not familiar with this road, nor been to Tasmania lately or ever for that matter, I tend to like the darker tarmac version (3rd image) - you know, the one with the lemonade-stand (humour)... :lol:

acs 2023-01-14 15-05-51_lemonade.png

Last edited:
Hello Everyone it's me From the BEMODDING euh i Stopt modding since time now Lost Al interest Etc But i dont whant to be foolish and want to share the unfinished cars ps some are Realy crap and basic modeles but maybe somebody can use them here dont know so wish you al good new year and good health and FUN here are the links
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NZSe8ZOmEyjH9zeJqFYepWt64T8v9vfd/view?usp=sharing Part 6
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NZSe8ZOmEyjH9zeJqFYepWt64T8v9vfd/view?usp=sharing Lots Of Belcar Logos & Pictures
PS THEY NEED LOTS OF WORK But its al yours

Greetings

Bye ✌️

Thank you so much for releasing your mods to the GTP community - completed or not - and at the same time a bit saddened to read you've lost all interest in modding...

May I ask why, how? After learning a bit, which is not much - I've come to the realisation that modding in general - whatever that may be - a livery, a car, track - it all consumes a heck of a lot of personal time and energy - albeit it can consume you and end up burnt-out.

Really hope that you're fine & remain health-strong, and best wishes for your future endeavours - maybe sometime down the road we will see you rebound with more energy and greater enthusiasm - all the best & thanks once again!
I would like Assetto Corsa 2 to include night mode, rain, maybe snowy environment, snowfall... and not need other addons if i want something like that... that's enough for me. :D
That's not a far fetched stretch of the imagination - it could include all of that and more...
AC2 should only support one feature:

100% backward mod compatability
This backward-compatibility option would be impressive to have in AC2 - or a middle-end-program that would enable this to happen... Better keep the thinking caps on chaps...
ok, but then does KUNOS need latest version CSP for AC2? :D
And even if AC2 does not include these additional features, the CSP work done thus far will therefore be expanded to cater for it. One would think... $$$$$$$$$$$$$

In general though, it would make reasonable sense to think that AC2 will have all of the above wishlist items, even the ability to continue modding - AC2 would then grow exponentially making AC the worlds' epic sim-racing app ever - awesome!!!

What's the timeline for AC2 to be released???

Last edited:
hello!

First, thanks to all that participated in previous release of Long Beach (t21 nrms).
It's far from perfect but I think it's a small step forward.

Screenshot_vrc_2005_mclaren_mp420_t21_long_beach_nrms_14-0-123-0-8-5.jpg

In this "reworked" version:

-3d trees - thanks to El Locho for the models!, M08 (autopolis) and TCFSHCRW :-)
-PRM
-Some lights
-Some new textures (asphalt)
-Spectators

What would be nice to add:
-Finish and optimize lights
-missing white structure at T1 (I don't know why is not present in the original track)

1673759541211.png

note1: To decrease the number of trees it is just to delete some lines inside "t21_long_beach_nrms\extension\trees\trees_track.txt"
note2: I kept all of the original files... just in case...

sorry for late reply.
until now, I still haven't figured what's the culprit
maybe I will experimenting the issue now

edit: if I found the culprit, I will give update alongside veloster.
Okay, I found the culprits, it's because the meshes have emissive for unknown reason, so I remove the [REFRACTING] in ext_config
Here's the Updates:

NSX Update 1.61
Changelog:
- Fixed "Red Vampire" Light bug problem
Link:

bonus: cheap booklet (for pro tips, credits, etc.)
Link

Veloster Update 1.1
Changelog - thanks @norms :
  • Redo LODs (now the lights aren't vanished again)
  • Change Colliders
  • add needle speedo light

Update Ruapuna Park 2012

v2.5
  • added two new layouts by Warren B. (Long and Drag)
  • fixed missing original TV camera
  • renamed layouts after English Wikipedia

bgr00.jpg

As said in my first post, i agree. Due to the old/dusty tarmac, would be good to have a clear (not too bright) tarmac, which reflects the no-so-much used roads of that time (even as said, the few images available on google shows a darker tarmac) ;)

great footage and certainly helpful to get it looking good, though my immediate thought is the cameras back in those days werent as clear and show lighting as well as today. I was still in nappies back then, and was in the far south of NZ. My contribution is only based off what I see while driving, and when I have gone on those types of infrequently used rural roads. How much of that dark looking tarmac is from the quality of the lighting produced by the camera back in the day, compared to actual look.. that I cant answer, but what is on video from the day is far better to go off than my opinion which is only based off how the roads look today, 50+ years on.. at the end of the day, it'll be upto racingjoe what he does with it, but from what Cris's video shows, I'd go with that look..

4 seasons enhanced Nordschleife color grade. Here another color grade for Natural Mod Filter.

Spring Enhanced:
Nords_Spring01.jpg

Nords_Spring02.jpg

Summer Enhanced:
Nords_Summer01.jpg

Autumn Enhanced:
Nords_Autumn01.jpg

Autumn Alternative Mood:
Nords_Autumn02.jpg

Winter Enhanced:
Nords_Winter01.jpg

Nords_Winter02.jpg

great footage and certainly helpful to get it looking good, though my immediate thought is the cameras back in those days werent as clear and show lighting as well as today. I was still in nappies back then, and was in the far south of NZ. My contribution is only based off what I see while driving, and when I have gone on those types of infrequently used rural roads. How much of that dark looking tarmac is from the quality of the lighting produced by the camera back in the day, compared to actual look.. that I cant answer, but what is on video from the day is far better to go off than my opinion which is only based off how the roads look today, 50+ years on.. at the end of the day, it'll be upto racingjoe what he does with it, but from what Cris's video shows, I'd go with that look..
As already said i would go for a medium tarmac, so it will be not too dark (as newer) nor too bright (as older) ;)

This really looks fantastic, glad to see TreeFX starting to take roots (pun definitely intended)

My only comment for Long Beach would be that the circuit in real life doesn’t have that many trees, since it’s right on the harbor there’s some palm trees but that’s about it. Granted it looks great in your video (and honestly I’m thinking maybe LBC should plant some more trees down there) but it feels a little too lush for Long Beach, especially along shoreline.

Thanks for what you’re doing though and keep it up! Here’s an onboard from last years indycar race for reference:

That's where the pointcloud data comes in handy, especially for scratch made tracks.
1673775185043.png1673776723194.png

Last edited:
hello!

First, thanks to all that participated in previous release of Long Beach (t21 nrms).
It's far from perfect but I think it's a small step forward.

View attachment 1222996

In this "reworked" version:

-3d trees - thanks to El Locho for the models!, M08 (autopolis) and TCFSHCRW :-)
-PRM
-Some lights
-Some new textures (asphalt)
-Spectators

What would be nice to add:
-Finish and optimize lights
-missing white structure at T1 (I don't know why is not present in the original track)

View attachment 1222995

note1: To decrease the number of trees it is just to delete some lines inside "t21_long_beach_nrms\extension\trees\trees_track.txt"
note2: I kept all of the original files... just in case...

Any chance of another link, Mediafire is playing silly buggers and saying the file is incomplete. Many thanks.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back