Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,092 comments
Hi, i'm new here

I've recently decided to upgrade some tracks for Assetto and would like to share them.

First off, Montreal

I have redone most of the shaders and overhauled the trees and some minor changes i cant remember.
I dont know how to do lightning and rain etc. so i've also uploaded the editor files so someone else can have a go at it.
I'm still running at an older CSP so depending on your setup and filter it might look awful.

I also dont know if it will work by simply dragging the file into content manager, probably better to just copypaste the folder into the tracks folder manually.

Big thanks to Terra21 for the original conversion and Pyyer, Reboot team and JohnR from which i borrowed some textures and animated screens.

Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_gra_fln_montreal_18-0-123-18-49-41.jpg

Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_gra_fln_montreal_18-0-123-18-52-30.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hgftrykpyg5tixx/fln_montreal.zip/file

And since i see other folk having a go at making Long Beach a bit more decent, i'm also working on it :)

w.i.p.

Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_gra_fn_long beach_18-0-123-19-18-42.jpg
Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_gra_fn_long beach_18-0-123-19-20-22.jpg

Hi, i'm new here

I've recently decided to upgrade some tracks for Assetto and would like to share them.

First off, Montreal

I have redone most of the shaders and overhauled the trees and some minor changes i cant remember.
I dont know how to do lightning and rain etc. so i've also uploaded the editor files so someone else can have a go at it.
I'm still running at an older CSP so depending on your setup and filter it might look awful.

I also dont know if it will work by simply dragging the file into content manager, probably better to just copypaste the folder into the tracks folder manually.

Big thanks to Terra21 for the original conversion and Pyyer, Reboot team and JohnR from which i borrowed some textures and animated screens.

View attachment 1223912
View attachment 1223913

surfaces are a complete mess though

some random link roads have pit speed limiter, there are no track limits anywhere...

but the visuals are great for sure

I downloaded latest long beach. rain is not visible, i see shadows errors. latest pure and csp.

View attachment 1223737
I can corroborate this for both rain and shadows, although I've only spotted the issue with the shadows in the pitlane exit.

However, I've also noticed a problem related to emissive lighting coming from some of the trackside objects; here are some screenshots as an example:
20230115170938_1.jpg

20230117014855_1.jpg

Any idea what could be causing this?

I downloaded latest long beach. rain is not visible, i see shadows errors. latest pure and csp.

View attachment 1223737

I can corroborate this for both rain and shadows, although I've only spotted the issue with the shadows in the pitlane exit.

However, I've also noticed a problem related to emissive lighting coming from some of the trackside objects; here are some screenshots as an example:
View attachment 1223919
View attachment 1223920

Any idea what could be causing this?
Check a few pages back for Long Beach RainFX:

Also not just Long Beach for some weird shadows, I get the same at the corkscrew at Laguna Seca.

Hi, i'm new here

First off, Montreal

View attachment 1223912
View attachment 1223913

Welcome man

Pretty great first post :)

Really looking forward for Long Beach and your other work

You save me time as I got Ninja Ripper to get this pedestrian "rollercoaster" bridge from PC2 to AC. Thanks !

Last edited:
Hi folks - my Ford GT GT3 from BE_modding doesn`t work as AI (no pit leaving).
Ckecked engine.ini and ai.ini files for wrong values but so far i can see everything is ok. Any ideas?...

I´ve asked that also in Binary discord, but why do most of all newly released cars don´t throw a correct shadow underneath the car? It always looks like the car has been put into that image.
326304949_995342774774541_5083471358511623102_n.png

@petercrill ? CSP or mod bug?

Last edited:
I´ve asked that also in Binary discord, but why do most of all newly released cars don´t throw a correct shadow underneath the car? It always looks like the car has been put into that image.

Not sure if it'll help you but have you got Fake Shadows FX active?

1674081735045.png

Shadows look OK to me.

1674081787314.jpeg
The car in your image seems to be itself in shadow, so its own shadow won't be relatively strong.
What does it look like in direct sun?

@Fall Guy was this of any help?

Last edited:
Hello all,

Has anyone ever had a car get "stuck" and refuse to accept changes to the suspension.ini file ? I've got a model that has the rear wheels protruding the fender - and have no problem changing the position of the wheels in the CM Showroom using the "align using data" button - but in the game the wheels remain in the original position. Changing the CG or wheelbase position works in the showroom, but only has a strange effect in the game; the diameter of the wheels changes a slight amount. This only started happening after I'd hit the "Update model" button in the showroom...

And it's only with this car... editing the suspension.ini for other cars works fine...

Is there a hidden file somewhere I don't know about that's been generated by CM or something ? NO data.acd to stop things from moving.

It really seems that in game, the rear wheels are fixed in a single position, yet in all the .ini files you can change away to your hearts content...

Last edited:

I have not that problem, I think maybe is a CSP bug

Attachments

• Screenshot_porsche_cayman_r_2012_ddm_gts_tsukuba_17-0-123-22-18-7.jpg
    Screenshot_porsche_cayman_r_2012_ddm_gts_tsukuba_17-0-123-22-18-7.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 13
I'm going to be releasing one last update to my VIR mod in the not too distant future but i'm wondering if I should do it like some of my recent mods, as a standalone track. My past versions were all setup to be used as an addon to the original. So standalone track or addon?

I really hate to keep doing these as standalones because I feel like i'm stepping over the line. I try to make it clear on all of these that all credit for the tracks go to the original track maker, but I still feel uncomfortable about it for some reason.

What file in a car's data file controls it's ffb effects? Or is it determined by something else?
general ffb in car.ini
suspension geo in suspensions.ini

and if you use cphys then SAT can be tinkered with in tyres.ini
Hello all,

Has anyone ever had a car get "stuck" and refuse to accept changes to the suspension.ini file ? I've got a model that has the rear wheels protruding the fender - and have no problem changing the position of the wheels in the CM Showroom using the "align using data" button - but in the game the wheels remain in the original position. Changing the CG or wheelbase position works in the showroom, but only has a strange effect in the game; the diameter of the wheels changes a slight amount. This only started happening after I'd hit the "Update model" button in the showroom...

And it's only with this car... editing the suspension.ini for other cars works fine...

Is there a hidden file somewhere I don't know about that's been generated by CM or something ? NO data.acd to stop things from moving.

It really seems that in game, the rear wheels are fixed in a single position, yet in all the .ini files you can change away to your hearts content...
are you editing the suspensions.ini file directly (particularly [GRAPHICS_OFFSETS]) or just using cm showroom to make the changes?

... standalone track or addon?...
Us, the lazy ones who don't want to remember to configure options manually each time we go to play, prefer that the game take care of varying the appearance of the track depending on the season of year... I've always thought how nice it would be if your skins were integrated into the tracks, and that with seasonal changes activated, they would appear automatically...

But I understand your concern...

Last edited:
Hi folks - my Ford GT GT3 from BE_modding doesn`t work as AI (no pit leaving).
Ckecked engine.ini and ai.ini files for wrong values but so far i can see everything is ok. Any ideas?...
1) it's an unfinished mod, of course it has issues like that
2) it's because the auto shifter which is in drivetrain.ini is set to a higher rpm than the engine can reach before the rev limiter kicks in

Hi everyone!! It´s me or do you have also this problem related to the wheels...I have tried CSP 1.73, CSP 1.76 and CSP 1.80 Preview 115 and this problem still there...have to be something related to Extra FX because disappears when I deactivate it.
Kunos cars also have this issue...and my glowing brake discs has gone aswell, any ideas? Thank you.

Attachments

• cayenne.jpg
    cayenne.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 22
  • cliov6.jpg
    cliov6.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 21
  • porsche911gt3.jpg
    porsche911gt3.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
anybody have working lumirank position with csp 1.80-115? for me i just got unlit numbers nomatter what i'm doing😔
maybe there si a trick or secret why i can't see it?
halp:banghead:

1674124935884.png

Hi everyone!! It´s me or do you have also this problem related to the wheels...I have tried CSP 1.73, CSP 1.76 and CSP 1.80 Preview 115 and this problem still there...have to be something related to Extra FX because disappears when I deactivate it.
Kunos cars also have this issue...and my glowing brake discs has gone aswell, any ideas? Thank you.
Does this problem exist even without CSP?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back