Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,790 comments
We shall adress the elephant in the room : REshade is a nightmare. I mean, it's a great tool, a fantastic one, but a sucker of performance, and a pain in the cheeks to delete really. It's not news. Sorry If you just discovers that.
I've got to say, ReShade has made a huge difference for me in AC -- I honestly couldn't do without it now. And I don't suffer a noticeable performance hit with an RTX 2070 Super, though I'm sure it depends on which effects you're using and how you're using it in conjunction with CSP features. Just didn't want to scare anyone away who might be benefited by it.
But i think its about time to go forward and upgrade. So can you guys tell me if there is a "must have" version right now? Most bugfree and stable version you can recommend?! Must not be the latest with tree.fx...
I'm sticking with 1.80 preview 1 -- it's stable for me and I don't care for the latest changes to RainFX and how the AI deal with it. Incidentally, I also use Ilja's default weather implementation (with SOL Planner, of course) -- it remains my favorite option. If you haven't tried it in a long time (or ever), I'd suggest just giving it a whirl. Just my two cents. :)

Last edited:
Road One International at 2h40 PM + SOL (Few Clouds) and CSP 1.79
What's wrong? It's too dark.

View attachment 1227155
I did not tested this track but did you tried to change the day/month of the year and see if the things changes? In winter the hours of light are way less than in summer. The track (even is fictional) is set in canada, so that can be the cause of the sunset at 2.40pm

For example during the winter, circuits located in south italy at 3 pm, the sun is still present, in track located in sweden don't

Last edited:
Road One International at 2h40 PM + SOL (Few Clouds) and CSP 1.79
What's wrong? It's too dark.

View attachment 1227155
What version is that ?
I just tried the @shi version from RD, same conditions, be it that I am on CSP 1.80:

r1int.png

Is there anyone here in the AC community who can update the magnificent 1967 Nürburgring circuit?
I find it one of the most beautiful vintage circuits, and it would be very nice if someone updated it to the new CSP specifications, so rain, working textures (Some textures are black and therefore do not show sponsors), flags where needed, waving in the presence of the wind and balloons scattered here and there.
Let me know. You can find the circuit directly at the RD link.

Red Manuel.

Last edited:
What's wrong ? (Episode 2)
A brabham BT46b has been never seen on this track (even in a historic cars meeting) !

Seriously, maybe the PP filter you are using is not done for your combination.
Only on this track, the others are ok.
What version is that ?
I just tried the @shi version from RD, same conditions, be it that I am on CSP 1.80:

View attachment 1227185
RD version, but this issue it's only on this track. There's another one?
I did not tested this track but did you tried to change the day/month of the year and see if the things changes? In winter the hours of light are way less than in summer. The track (even is fictional) is set in canada, so that can be the cause of the sunset at 2.40pm

For example during the winter, circuits located in south italy at 3 pm, the sun is still present, in track located in sweden don't
Thank you, I'll try to change it and set to 13 PM!

This is my first GTP Release!

20230130-180335-Lamborghini_Gallardo_R-EX.png

Today it's the turn of the two Reiter Engineering cars:
the SaReNi Camaro GT and the Reiter Gallardo R-EX GT3.
Once again, the cars were made with a lot of passion and they have many different features:

Gallardo:
  • fully functional display and Racelogic with 2 pages each (use EXTRA_A and EXTRA_B to change).
  • Sprint and Endu configuration depending on the skin
  • realistic physics based on real data
  • fully working lights outside + inside
  • Wobbling Exhaust
  • damage and dirt textures
  • Rain tires + physics
  • windshield wipers + automatic rain light
  • fully animated rear wing with correct bolt position for all 15 slots
  • Custom Sound

Camaro:
  • fully functional display with 2 pages (use EXTRA_B to change)
  • daytime running lights can be deactivated by EXTRA_A
  • all years with their bodykits
  • realistic physics based on real data
  • fully working lights outside + inside
  • rain tires + physics
  • windshield wipers

CSP 1.77 is needed for the custom inputs of some emissives

Together both cars are probably the white beauty and the black beast 😄

Thanks to all who helped and I hope you are looking forward to the underdogs of the GT3 sport.

Attached are 2 readmes for the skinners among you, there is EVERYTHING explained what to use and how.
Have fun with the cars

Max

Attachments

• SaReNi_Camaro_GT3_Documentation.pdf
    852.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Reiter_Gallardo_Documentation.pdf
    449.3 KB · Views: 54
that makes it sound more like a childs birthday party than a historic 1967 style track. Cant say I ever notice balloons in any video footage of nurburgring even upto the time of Lauda's accident, having said that, never looked for them either. ;)
I Know, but those air baloons can help with immersion. Even if static, if you see something in the air, it makes it looks like more 'alive'. In any case, that racetrack needs some facelift. CSP integrations etc. Is very well done, but now its suffer the fact hasn't been updated. Some time ago another modder make some hill-climbs short stages wich are quite good for some vintage hillclimb races.
So if anyone is interested let me know. That racetrack in my humble opinion, deserve something a little bit more.

I Know, but those air baloons can help with immersion. Even if static, if you see something in the air, it makes it looks like more 'alive'. In any case, that racetrack needs some facelift. CSP integrations etc. Is very well done, but now its suffer the fact hasn't been updated. Some time ago another modder make some hill-climbs short stages wich are quite good for some vintage hillclimb races.
So if anyone is interested let me know. That racetrack in my humble opinion, deserve something a little bit more.
each to their own I suppose, if you have time to look for balloons on the green hell, you're not driving hard enough :P

the concern I have is the mods that install outside of the contents folder, like RSS mods.. fonts, etc. and I am not sure where stuff was installed from the reshade thing..

Edit: issue fixed without having to do a fresh install. Downloaded the nvida geforce experience, newer GPU driver and gave the system a clean to get rid of the nasty remnants of reshade once and for all and it has got rid of the flickering plus improved the FPS
Use JSGME

basically this is what CM uses when you drag-drop mods.

you have no excuses now.

Use JSGME

basically this is what CM uses when you drag-drop mods.

you have no excuses now.
I don't drag n drop in cm, prefer manual installation, but thanks I'll take a look at it. Maybe time to cull some of the mods I don't use anyway.
Was surprised when I put AC onto my new laptop (other than windoze, the first thing installed was AC) and I couldn't fit my backup onto the 500gb m.2 ssd..fixed that by adding a 2tb m.2SSD plus a 1tb drive oit of the dead laptop

Last edited:
Goodnight. Until something better comes along, follow the link for the adapted Porsches.

I believe that the version with the "Targa Florio" skins will fit the original Porsche 911 RSR. The other version that has the skins from Le Mans and Monza (1973), I tried to adapt some parts to recreate the rear airfoil and stay close to the original at the time (it didn't turn out very well, but you can have some fun). I hope someone does a much better adaptation.

The skins, except one of Targa Florio (already ready), the others I had to adapt in my own way, without many technical resources, but I hope they can have some fun (the grids are increasing).

Attachments

• Porsche.Carrera.1.png
    Porsche.Carrera.1.png
    152 KB · Views: 31
  • Porsche.Carrera.2.png
    Porsche.Carrera.2.png
    173.2 KB · Views: 31
https://www.patreon.com/posts/77957675

View attachment 1227070

The 1954 Australian Grand Prix was a motor race held at the Southport Road Circuit near Southport in Queensland, Australia on 7 November 1954. The race was held over 27 laps of the 5.7 mile (9.17 kilometre) circuit, a total distance of 153.9 miles (247.6 km). It was the nineteenth Australian Grand Prix and the second to be held in Queensland.

With no suitable permanent circuit available, a course was mapped out on roads in sparsely settled coastal land 2.5 km south west of Southport, and just to the north of later circuits, Surfers Paradise Raceway, and the Surfers Paradise Street Circuit. The Grand Prix race meeting was organised by the Queensland Motor Sporting Club and the Toowoomba Auto Club in conjunction with the Southport Rotary Club.

Now available for the simulator, Assetto Corsa, this version of the circuit has been scratch built to reflect the circuit and road layout as they were in 1954. Although references were limited, and therefore some imagination has been used to ‘fill in the gaps’.

The track layout is very interesting, and also very narrow, and the slippery asphalt is bordered either side by rough gravel that kicks up a lot of dust. This makes for a very challenging race experience as you can often be blinded by the dust sent flying into the air by the driver in front.

Best suited to 50's and 60's era Formula 1 / 2 cars as the narrow nature of the circuit makes passing very difficult in anything much wider.

Special thanks to Dom for being the cheif sponsor of this track, and of course to all of my Patreon supporters that help me test these tracks before the public releases.

Credits to @Fat-Alfie for letting me use his 2D spectator images.

Track Features:

• 2 sets of Replay Cameras.
  • Night Lighting
  • 36 Pit boxes
  • grassFX / RainFX support.
  • Working AI.

View attachment 1227071
View attachment 1227072
View attachment 1227073
View attachment 1227074
View attachment 1227075View attachment 1227076
View attachment 1227077
View attachment 1227078
View attachment 1227079
Thank you, I love these classic tracks. Just one small problem, the AI can't find their way out of the pits. I noticed in the AI folder there is no pit_lane.ai files, could this be the problem? Cheers!

umm... I did not say you do, neither do I.
take chill bro...

I use JSGME whenever a mod has multiple install directories, CSP, SOL and its just easy for other things like quickly trying out mods, especially big ones, collections etc.
Think I do not understand it right, sorry if so. because in content/mods tab you see the mod swap utility, its included in CM (=payed version)? No need for an additional software.
Further I have pre installed all the interesting mod web sites in CM. So I download an mod and this mod will be installed by CM, and if there are any problems, (it will notify) I just pick them up from my temp folder and do the manual install. Reason of a installation problem is btw always the creator of the mod, using the wrong folder structure and not CM.

umm... I did not say you do, neither do I.
take chill bro...

I use JSGME whenever a mod has multiple install directories, CSP, SOL and its just easy for other things like quickly trying out mods, especially big ones, collections etc.
I think you misinterpreted my text, no need to tell me to chill, when I am already chill.. calm the farm there fella.
I will check that JSGME thing out, as I said, thanks.

Only on this track, the others are ok.

RD version, but this issue it's only on this track. There's another one?

Thank you, I'll try to change it and set to 13 PM!
Just try to change the date from a winter day/month to a summer day/month. If something changes is due to the season itself, if not the problem is somewhere else

I've got to say, ReShade has made a huge difference for me in AC -- I honestly couldn't do without it now. And I don't suffer a noticeable performance hit with an RTX 2070 Super, though I'm sure it depends on which effects you're using and how you're using it in conjunction with CSP features. Just didn't want to scare anyone away who might be benefited by it.

I'm sticking with 1.80 preview 1 -- it's stable for me and I don't care for the latest changes to RainFX and how the AI deal with it. Incidentally, I also use x4fab's default weather implementation (with SOL Planner, of course) -- it remains my favorite option. If you haven't tried it in a long time (or ever), I'd suggest just giving it a whirl. Just my two cents. :)
Yeah, I might have been a bit harsh with it, you're right.
But has you said, no performance hit... On an RTX2. If you got the stuff for it you don't have to worry, it IS a good benefit. If you make the mistake of thinking RES can pump up your graphics above what your GPU/CPU can provide you're going straight in a wall. That wasn't the case here for Warren, but still, that mistake is very common, unfortunatly (ah, the good 'ol days of Stalker modding... so many fools...me included haha)

Seems to be working for me, remember to put in "assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded" (forgive my terrible photography skills but that road sure be wet!)

View attachment 1226898
That's very odd. For me, although the track gets wet, there's no rainfall effect in all but a few areas. On top of that, does anybody have any ideas what's causing this weird bug with emissive lighting on some trackside objects as depicted here?

Maybe you missed this pack if you don't have rainfx on it, one step closer for you:

And you wanted balloons? Another step, it's gonna be like a whole new track for you!

Hm.
Again my hands done something weird and silly: after manual cleaning of "apps/python" folder - Sidekick and other apps stops loading. I think I've delete something from Kunos default files.
Maybe someone could share "apps/python" folder? Here or in PM. :(

Maybe you missed this pack if you don't have rainfx on it, one step closer for you:

And you wanted balloons? Another step, it's gonna be like a whole new track for you!

Hey, i know those add-ons, but if i may say, if the track can be restored, with those sponsorboards fixed, would be great. I know it could take some time, but, i mean, is a great racetrack. Another idea i had, is implement the racetrack with a few of the new 3D trees. Ok, let's remove all the baloons then ahahah!
If i remember right there was a guy here which was restoring racetracks. I don't remember the name, only he restored Spa, GoodWood, and a few others!

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back