Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,793 comments
This skinning game is sure addictive. Took a break from the 2021 NZ Grand Prix liveries, only to start a current season 2023 livery.
A few non NZ drivers this year include ex F1 driver Alex Wurz's son Charlie. This skin is his closest rival, Callum Hedge.
There have been a few young drivers springboard from the NZ series to top level in the past, Yuki Sononda, Lando Norris, Lance Stroll, Earl Bamber, Brendan Hartley to name a few.
As a kid I remember watching Keke Rosberg in 78 racing in NZ, then going on only a few years later to win the F1 world championship and many others like Max's dad Jos, Davey Jones from the US.... the list goes on.
NZ has a huge history of top level drivers who raced there in the European winter/off season..
It's great that we have most the tracks, but NZ racing seems to be left out of the sim racing, so I'm just doing my little bit to keep the history alive in a small way.
I'm excited with the progress of the mod. A few bugs to work out, liveries to do and get the pro drivers to find time to test it before it gets released.
The guy who created the 3d model for rf2 has been approached re the conversion of his work, including many of the 2020 skins he did.. not going the way of FSR who ripped the Tatuus from rF2, encrypted it and trying to sell it as his work. This will be kept free and unencrypted.
View attachment 1229409

Replay Cams - RPM (short layout)

And here's a couple of cams for the 'short' layout.

...plus, a fix for the corresponding ideal_line (currently has the main-layout ideal_line).

legion_ralt_rt3_83_zw_rpm_short.jpg

Happy racing!

racealot-cams

Last edited:
Ah crap...track mod missing in list.
View attachment 1229436

& yes i downloaded this track from here: https://www.racedepartment.com/down...lly-fictional-scratch-made-rally-stage.54051/

I mean really. Missing track mod.
View attachment 1229437

& no i cannot find it on Breathe's track list.

Just where can i download the track itself???? I even asked the uploader of the RainFX extension for this track, but i don't get a reply.
It's 7 years old and looks like hot garbage. Why on earth do you want it?

View attachment 1229436

& yes i downloaded this track from here: https://www.racedepartment.com/down...lly-fictional-scratch-made-rally-stage.54051/

View attachment 1229437

Just where can i download the track itself???? I even asked the uploader of the RainFX extension for this track, but i don't get a reply.
checked the folder that's in the track list? installed correctly?

View attachment 1229436

View attachment 1229437

Have you searched for it???
I searched and found it...

RainFX mod - source (did you read the comments...)

read_and_search.jpg

YT search results...

search_results.jpg

Track download site...

track_download.jpg

Track mod available...

RD_track_download.jpg

Voila!!!

note: round the world trip (search), and it was on RD all of the time... :lol:

Last edited:
in need of help by someone with the skills that I lack.
Any helmet skinners out there that could create this helmet to fit on the helmet_2012 skin?
I've tried with the 3d helmet template available on RD, and I get something that looks like my 2 yr old grandson drew.
Doesnt have to have the tube out the back and I am aware that the kunos helmet has a piece that sits on top, so long as it looks more close than I can get it.
You can use the helmet_19. It has different models (Bell, Stylo, Arai...)

Last edited:
Replay Cams - RPM (main layout)

Nicely done indeed @Zwiss!

Those twists and unexpected tight-turns are a hoot... Caught out a few times, taking them wide and losing a place or two, or three, or what the heck... :embarrassed:

Here's a couple of cams for the 'main' layout.

View attachment 1229421
Happy racing!

racealot-cams

Is this Valvoline skin from you ?
And when do you plan to release your historic skinpack for the 924 gtp ?

Thanks

dms
Tnx BEM! Finally a pretty decent MARC. Needs a bit of work and skins, but hey...

View attachment 1223647

Turnone did a grid preset for Bathurst 2023 today. Pyyer also did a track extension for this years race. Theres pretty much a full grid minus the Marc Mazda 3 V8.

I will do the Marc Mustang skin if no one else does as the most recent model from BE_Modding has different mapping.

Turnone's preset doesn't include the BMW M4 GT3. The one from ERL is a direct rip from ACC. Therefore the ACC skins done by Olivier over at Racedepartment will fit. I've converted them but I'm waiting for permission to share incase he wants to himself.

preview.jpg
preview.jpg

Hi guys! Got a question for you all. I'm working on this mod, a racing series, which'll include four generations of a certain model. Now I'm having some shading issues on on the tyres of three out of the four models. All use the same tyre model, textures and shaders, so my guess is it must have something to do with ambient shadows or something else within the data of the cars. I just can't seem to figure out what it is. Maybe one of you knows how to solve this?

This is the issue, this is the way the tyres are supposed to look:
20230209204009_1.jpg

20230209204029_1.jpg

This is the way the tyres show up on the other three models, with weird shading. It's like that in any lighting:
20230209202808_1.jpg

20230209203012_1.jpg

It's all still very much a work in progress, but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction regarding this. Thanks a lot in advance!

Hi guys! Got a question for you all. I'm working on this mod, a racing series, which'll include four generations of a certain model. Now I'm having some shading issues on on the tyres of three out of the four models. All use the same tyre model, textures and shaders, so my guess is it must have something to do with ambient shadows or something else within the data of the cars. I just can't seem to figure out what it is. Maybe one of you knows how to solve this?

This is the issue, this is the way the tyres are supposed to look:
View attachment 1229523
View attachment 1229524
This is the way the tyres show up on the other three models, with weird shading. It's like that in any lighting:
View attachment 1229529
View attachment 1229530
It's all still very much a work in progress, but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction regarding this. Thanks a lot in advance!
From the pictures I'd guess normals in the 3D models need fixing. What 3D software are you using? I've had similar issues in the past with some mods, I'm not certain but I think it's something that 3D Simed messes up from time to time and seems to be a bit random.

It's easily fixable in Blender, if you're not familiar then feel free to PM me one of the duff ones and I'll take a look.

You can use the helmet_19. It has different models (Bell, Stylo, Arai...)
Thanks, I'd rather not. It doesn't work in showroom, so for a new release mod, looks incomplete in the showroom

From the pictures I'd guess normals in the 3D models need fixing. What 3D software are you using? I've had similar issues in the past with some mods, I'm not certain but I think it's something that 3D Simed messes up from time to time and seems to be a bit random.

It's easily fixable in Blender, if you're not familiar then feel free to PM me one of the duff ones and I'll take a look.
Thanks! I do use Blender for everything really, and I do know how to work with normals. I’ll look into it! The weird thing is the tyres + wheels are copied 1:1 from the car on which they are working correctly, but perhaps I messed it up somewhere along the line

Hello everyone, for an online series I'll be taking part, I'm playing around with my own livery. Had one done end of last season, wasn't that much of a hassle to get it quiet decent. But I wasn't really satisfied with overall quality and sharpness. Due to the regulations I'm bound to 2K skins. Are there any tricks to get the best out of it?
Is Gimp sufficient enough, or should I change to something else?
Are there any tips for beginners in general or very good in depth tutorials?

I will do the Marc Mustang skin if no one else does as the most recent model from BE_Modding has different mapping.
Which part of the BEM pack is the new MARC Mustang contained within? I don’t want to download the other parts of the pack as they contain content that I’m not interested whatsoever in using.

I need help!
Tracks that crashes at the start:

PGO by 00
Camino Viejo by RMI
Charlotte Motor SpeedWay by RMI
Mosport 2021 by JR
Road Atlanta by JR
Road America by Lilski
Misano by Reboot Team
Zwartkops Raceway by Prototype

Someone knows about the issues?
Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone!

Since a few weeks ago, I also started working on 3D modelling. In this regard, I try to adjust the 3D model, lights and animations, trying not only to improve the model's quality, but above all correcting parts that may not correspond to the original real model.

I'm still just starting to work on the 3D model, so don't expect perfection, but I think you can already see some results and clearly an upgrade compared to previous versions.

My lastest mod is out:
Ferrari Testarossa - 1984 - Assetto Corsa Mod

******** NEW VERSION v1.3 ********
Screenshot_rs_testarossa_84_ks_nordschleife_9-1-123-23-0-37.jpg

The original TESTAROSSA, not the later versions "512 TR" or "F512 M".

Screenshot_rs_testarossa_84_ks_nordschleife_9-1-123-22-58-18.jpg

Screenshot_rs_testarossa_84_ks_nordschleife_9-1-123-23-4-38.jpg

Download link:

Enjoy!!!

Hello everyone, for an online series I'll be taking part, I'm playing around with my own livery. Had one done end of last season, wasn't that much of a hassle to get it quiet decent. But I wasn't really satisfied with overall quality and sharpness. Due to the regulations I'm bound to 2K skins. Are there any tricks to get the best out of it?
Is Gimp sufficient enough, or should I change to something else?
Are there any tips for beginners in general or very good in depth tutorials?
GIMP isn't sufficient.
It's superior :)
I'd suggest creating the skin in higher quality, and then experimenting with the chosen algo and options when scaling to 2K. Depending on the shapes, anti-aliasing etc, the output can vary quite a bit. 2K is 2K, there's only so much you can do, especially when pixel-peeping in the showroom.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back