Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,963 comments
I was reading up on the goings on at Sebring today and saw pics of the Jota P2 Orecas and noticed changes in sponsers and decals. So, since I had nothing better to do! V2 skins with the updated logos and few other touches I noticed from the latest pics.
jota skins V2.png

Both skins are in the link and will overwrite the previous version. Again, this is for the urd_loire07_21.

https://mega.nz/file/ihAhHYAC#IlB-H3RkWV1qUZ6N3MuU0j-HlR0Qi0Mutwl-AFIj3Vc

Last edited:
Help please. My driver.kn5-file is damaged. It cant even be loaded in the CM Showroom. Do anybody know of a place to downoad that file? Mine is now 14.986 KB big. Thank you a lot.

And I know that I can fix that with a Steam integrity check - but I dont want to ruin all my changed Kunos files.

---------

Forget it - problem solved. I found a 2 year old backup of my entire content-folder on another harddisk of mine. Puuuhhhhhhh

So dont forget to always backup your precious data. :)

Last edited:
You guys have a rec for the fonts used on the TZ2 ? Trying to make some skins for it but I don't know where to start lol.
Going to need that too. If no one steps forward can you share the one you've found.

On a side note that Alfa TZ is crying out for a quick shader fix.

I've read that! I think they exaggerated a bit, but it's true that the ideal line in that corner goes exceptionally weirdly to avoid one big bump just before the bridge and one shortly after. It's a monstrously difficult corner with those bashed old concrete slabs, weird corner shape, the usn in your eyes, the blind entry that's different in downforce vs non-downforce cars, the wall on the exit etc., etc. It's brilliant, almost incompehensively, since it doesn't have the usual features that make a corner really difficult - changing camber, banking, compression, crest, etc.

Where did you find a bumpy Long Beach? The only version I have is the unrealistically butter smooth FM7 conversion.
You do know you can add "canned" effects? Its not ideal, but if i do download a track and its like driving on a pool/snooker table then you can go into the data folder of said track, find the surfaces.ini and edit that file. Look for an entry like Asphalt or Road, it should look something like this...

KEY=ASPHALT
FRICTION=0.98
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0.090
VIBRATION_LENGTH=1.55

I normally edit the vibration gain and length and add the above figures. It should just give a nice subtle vibration when otherwise you would feel nothing. Like i said in my previous post, what works for me wont for others. Sorry if you knew all this already, this site is choc full of folks much more clued up than me in regards to AC :)

Last edited:
Where did you find a bumpy Long Beach? The only version I have is the unrealistically butter smooth FM7 conversion.
Here ! ;-)

Last edited:

You do know you can add "canned" effects? Its not ideal, but if i do download a track and its like driving on a pool/snooker table then you can go into the data folder of said track, find the surfaces.ini and edit that file. Look for an entry like Asphalt or Road, it should look something like this...

KEY=ASPHALT
FRICTION=0.98
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0.090
VIBRATION_LENGTH=1.55

I normally edit the vibration gain and length and add the above figures. It should just give a nice subtle vibration when otherwise you would feel nothing. Like i said in my previous post, what works for me wont for others. Sorry if you knew all this already, this site is choc full of folks much more clued up than me in regards to AC :)
[/QUOTE]

Hiya - Yeah, I knew this - but thank you all the same. I thought there was a version with the actual physics mesh that I missed.

Here ! ;-)
I was looking for a mesh for the current layout, which is only available with the approxmation method above. But thank you!

Last edited:
There is a BRAKE_HINT=xx parameter in the ai.ini file, what does it affect? I changed the value from 0.10 to 1 and did not notice a difference in the behavior of the AI, but with a value of 1 the AI goes faster, maybe the AI starts to accelerate earlier when exiting a turn?

These are lovely, thanks for your work. 👏
Small heads-up, the link on RD to the 1969 set is incorrect and leads to the 1968 set.
thanks for letting me know! I've added the correct file now.

You guys have a rec for the fonts used on the TZ2 ? Trying to make some skins for it but I don't know where to start lol.

1965_Alfa_Romeo_Giulia_TZ2.jpg

1965_alfa_romeo_giulia_tz2_zagato__gran_turismo_5__by_vertualissimo_d50ase2-pre.jpg

I use the closest font I could find but it still ain't it.

View attachment 1239808
It's hand-lettered typography, painted on by a sign painter before the race. So it is all done somewhat uniformly, but each letterform should vary slightly. That said, I started with a rough vector image trace of a decal sheet for making scale models and tweaked the letterforms to get them to match each car. I've attached my Illustrator file if you want to work off of it, but I will say that that car is next on my radar to do Targa Florio skins for.

Attachments

• Targa Florio.zip
    78.6 KB · Views: 4

1965_Alfa_Romeo_Giulia_TZ2.jpg

1965_alfa_romeo_giulia_tz2_zagato__gran_turismo_5__by_vertualissimo_d50ase2-pre.jpg

I use the closest font I could find but it still ain't it.

View attachment 1239808
The "license plate" (aka the "totally traffic rule complaint and not some white paint splashed onto a barely legal road car") seems to me to be written in the same font used for Italian license plates until 1985 (maybe even 1994) here is some info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_Italy
Also, an Alfa Romeo usually meant business when it had a Udine (UD) plate since it was where Autodelta had its headquarters.

Maybe a long shot, but does someone have accurate gear ratios /w source if possible of the '23 GR86 Cup car?
I tried the ratios of the stock GR86 manual, but they feel a bit short in 1st/2nd, maybe 3rd too. The cup car has its own sadev 6-speed seq box I think.

There is a BRAKE_HINT=xx parameter in the ai.ini file, what does it affect? I changed the value from 0.10 to 1 and did not notice a difference in the behavior of the AI, but with a value of 1 the AI goes faster, maybe the AI starts to accelerate earlier when exiting a turn?
I can send you a text file that I've collected from different members here commenting on what does what in the AI file, if you want it?

Does anyone have a working wiper for the RSS Lamborghini Murcielago GT? I did a race yesterday with heavy rain and it only covers about 1/4 of your eyeline (when in vr) so I was basically guessing where the apex was. The wiper was clearing where it covered though, it just didn't cover driver eyeline.
Just found a CSP config for the Lanzo in my WIP folder, might not be perfect, but does the job:

Mazda RX-7 Veilside Fortune by DanielDi

Screenshot_di_mazda_rx7_veilside_fortune_fb_rf2_photoscape_10-2-123-11-13-22.png

@El Locho the wipers stop at 45 degrees - can a simple config extend their sweep? The creator said it's not a priority atm.
The ksanim's parameters can't be manipulated using a CSP config unfortunately. You can only disable the ksanim completely.

So I think all the LMDh car exists in some form of pay mods in AC now. Are they actually worth getting? Since none of them I think are from the usual "quality" teams?

Just found a CSP config for the Lanzo in my WIP folder, might not be perfect, but does the job:

The ksanim's parameters can't be manipulated using a CSP config unfortunately. You can only disable the ksanim completely.
Thank you so much!

So I think all the LMDh car exists in some form of pay mods in AC now. Are they actually worth getting? Since none of them I think are from the usual "quality" teams?
I don't know who's selling them but I'm sure they're not worth buying when free versions are floating around all over the place.

Tracks listing update

Red Bold
: news and updates (tracks) from 24/02/2023 --> 16/03/2023
Red : news and updates (add-ons) from 24/02/2023 --> 16/03/2023

Yellow Bold : news and updates (tracks) from 17/03/2023 --> TBA
Yellow : news and updates (add-ons) from 17/03/2023 --> TBA

As always, thanks to all the modders who amaze us every day.
Thank you guys

Have a nice weekend

ACTL v3.0 by Breathe

PS : The icon for the track links disapeared but all the links are always presents. I am busy putting them back but it takes time

Tracks listing update

Red Bold
: news and updates (tracks) from 24/02/2023 --> 16/03/2023
Red : news and updates (add-ons) from 24/02/2023 --> 16/03/2023

Yellow Bold : news and updates (tracks) from 17/03/2023 --> TBA
Yellow : news and updates (add-ons) from 17/03/2023 --> TBA

As always, thanks to all the modders who amaze us every day.
Thank you guys

Have a nice weekend

ACTL v3.0 by Breathe

PS : The icon for the track links disapeared but all the links are always presents. I am busy putting them back but it takes time
As always, thanks for your time and effort you put into this!!!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back